Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Liv XD Offline

Default How can u tell the differnece between a fake game or a real one?

Like, if your buying them off the internet coz I bought a ruby one and it LOOKS legit but the game itself wont load or save or anything...I just want to know so I don't make the smae mistake twice if it IS a fake.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Dartz Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dartz Send a message via MSN to Dartz Send a message via Yahoo to Dartz
Default Re: How can u tell the differnece between a fake game or a real one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv XD View Post
Like, if your buying them off the internet coz I bought a ruby one and it LOOKS legit but the game itself wont load or save or anything...I just want to know so I don't make the smae mistake twice if it IS a fake.
Real Games have nintendo and gamefreak printed on the Catridge
and also you can see a little difference with the quality of the catridge
Old 07-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Skylands Offline

Check the reviews and ratings for the seller. If each reviewer had only one review for their total on eBay, and it's for the game, it's probably a counterfeit. The sellers of the fake game have created multiple accounts just to say how good it is, to get more people interested. If you review an item, like "product no longer available", and your review is negative, and the other reviewers criticize you, then it's fake. Or if a seller leaves out an image, details, or other information on their item, it will be fake.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 AM
superpikachu11 Offline

My mom bought me a REALLY screwed up Emerald. You know how when you beat the Elite 4 that game resets and you begin with all your Pokemon in your room? Well, after the Credits roll by, the game starts normaly, then when you go to the file screen, this happens:

THE SAVE FILE HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO CORRUPTION OR DAMAGE.

THE GAME CAN BE PLAYED.

I still have it too. I think it was counterfeit, or someone REALLY screwed with it. Because I certantly haven't screwed with it or anything.

Last edited by superpikachu11; 01-08-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
ironZEKROM Offline
Amateur Trainer

some games r obviously fake like chaos black or perla those games. also u can tell by how well the games works like do the save files delete themselves or if glitches pop out. my friend got platinum version and it crashed his ds and he gave it to my cousin to open it up and saw that the chips were fake.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 AM
superpikachu11 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironZEKROM View Post
some games r obviously fake like chaos black or perla those games. also u can tell by how well the games works like do the save files delete themselves or if glitches pop out. my friend got platinum version and it crashed his ds and he gave it to my cousin to open it up and saw that the chips were fake.
I'm sure mine was fake because... *points to previous post* and the label on the cart had less shinier markings and streaks. I know because I got a new one later (that is legit of course) and the markings on the cart's label are brighter and shinier. And it doesn't delete itself or say this everytime it starts up (and there's still a playable file recorded on it):

THE SAVE FILE WILL BE LOADED.

THE GAME CAN BE PLAYED.
D:
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Quiet Camerupt Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv XD View Post
Another possibility is that the game wasn't a fake at all, but just didn't work anymore. Could of been the seller trying to get something for it after dropping it in water or something...

Edit: Fail, this thread is already half a year old

My Completed Leafgreen Nuzlocke Run:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...67#post3292767
Old 09-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Some games will save, but won't load due to them being too old. This usually only happens to the first 2 gens though.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Buy from Amazon and not off eBay.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Buying second-hand is typically a bad idea anyways. Having a less shiny label could just be due to it being old (as can being corrupted; it could be the exact reason why the seller is selling it, which, while dishonest, does not make it a fake game). I don't know of any easy way to definitively tell, unless the game is missing some critical label.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

I think upon saving your game, it will be deleted immediately, and just buy originals by making sure that the store is licensed.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

I don't think you'll find Ruby brand new in any stores really considering GBA games are becoming outdated. I hardly see them sold anywhere. When I do see them sold it's random games or used ones in Game Stop / EB stores.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 PM
MichaelXD3 Offline
Banned

I think the logo will be different in a fake game than in a real game. I am lucky I didn't get a bootleg for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness because I can still continue my old game until I erase the data on my memory card which I am waiting to bring some Pokemon in from Emerald into that game before I restart it. Anything else that you probably can't play is a bootleg and you want to avoid them. We discussed this on Yahoo Answers in the Games and Recreation section, my favorite section and now I'm a level 3.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:22 AM
goldwynaut Offline

some of them has two batteries, the other battery is for trolling you by deleting your save file unexpected, some cant save on nintendo ds, some are produced by notondo, if it says ``the save file will be loaded, the game can be played´´ before the title screen, you got yourself a fake
Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwhynaut View Post
if it says ``the save file will be loaded, the game can be played´´ before the title screen, you got yourself a fake
That's not always true. It just means the internal battery ran dry. My Ruby, which I got from gamestop new when it came out, just started showing that message about a year ago.