Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN... Gallery. Comments Wanted :D

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
I say that because I never thought I would be making tags but here's my gallery!

Rules:

1. No Spam.
2. Pe2k rules.
3. Any CnC will be gladly accepted and appreciated, I don't care how harsh you are as long as it is in fact constructive.

And now come the tags!

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 06-16-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN... Gallery.

Tags:

I used a tut I found on here. I don't really like the text on this one, hope to fix in the future.

Another one done with a tut, but I feel like I'm learning GIMP nicely and I actually really like this one.

This is my first tag without a tutorial. I didn't use any c4ds and i'm not sure if there's anything I should do with it.

First tag using a human. Weezy.

I feel kinda proud of this one haha idk why but I like it.

Followed a tut. It's huge I know, took forever.

BotW entry. Summer.

Used Jesse's tut.

The Hulk.

I personally love it. Different Jesse tut

War Tag/2nd Sprite tag.

War Tag

BotW Tag

Shop Request

War Text

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 07-25-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

2nd Reserve.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

3rd and final reserve. You can now post.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-14-2010, 04:40 AM
F.D. Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to F.D.

Like you said yourself, the text isn't exactly the best choice, and the render lacks depth, and it needs to be merged into the sig, so it doesn't look like it was just pasted on. The background is hot, however.

-Nick
Old 06-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.D. View Post
Like you said yourself, the text isn't exactly the best choice, and the render lacks depth, and it needs to be merged into the sig, so it doesn't look like it was just pasted on. The background is hot, however.

-Nick
I was thinking that about the render. Would you have any suggestions about how to do that possibly? xD I liked your pun by the way.

Update:

I used a different tutorial but I do think this is a lot better. CnC please.

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 06-14-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

That looks great! ^^; Who's tut did you use?

I love the gradient on the exploding background. Great use of C4D's. Do you have a link to the render that you used?
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I used Kayla Ann's Beautifly tut. Tut.

And this should be the render. Mewtwo

Thanks for the CnC its really appreciated. It's nice to know that I'm at least following tuts right and producing good results.

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 06-14-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I was thinking that about the render. Would you have any suggestions about how to do that possibly? xD I liked your pun by the way.

Update:

I used a different tutorial but I do think this is a lot better. CnC please.
Depth shows that, ugh, it's hard to explain. It's best to use an example and not define it. Like, a background is blurred because depth gives the impression that it's far away, and faraway things you can't see clearly. Close up things are usually sharpened to make it more clear, as you can see things better up close. So typically, the image has the background, the render, then the foreground on top. The foreground I personally like to do is take a nice C4D that goes with the flow of the tag and place it on top of the render, but I erase parts in front of the face and more important parts of the render. For example, the tag in your signature, I made the foreground by adding C4D effects over Zorua around the bottom and back of Zorua. I also sharpened Zorua, because he's not in the background. That makes depth. If you already knew what depth was, then now you now my style of applying it to a tag.

Your current tags are nice, but there's no depth around the render as said before. Some more foreground effects would be nice too. I think on the Chimchar one you should move the text closer to Chimchar, crop it a bit, and add some matching foreground effects. I really like your two current tags, you're starting way better than me. My first tag was way worse. It's linked in here just so you can compare, but my point is that if you start pretty good like this then you'll end up pretty good, it took me over a year and a half to get good enough to make tags like that. I hope you succeed, soon enough you'll be making your own tags for your signature :p

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Depth shows that, ugh, it's hard to explain. It's best to use an example and not define it. Like, a background is blurred because depth gives the impression that it's far away, and faraway things you can't see clearly. Close up things are usually sharpened to make it more clear, as you can see things better up close. So typically, the image has the background, the render, then the foreground on top. The foreground I personally like to do is take a nice C4D that goes with the flow of the tag and place it on top of the render, but I erase parts in front of the face and more important parts of the render. For example, the tag in your signature, I made the foreground by adding C4D effects over Zorua around the bottom and back of Zorua. I also sharpened Zorua, because he's not in the background. That makes depth. If you already knew what depth was, then now you now my style of applying it to a tag.

Your current tags are nice, but there's no depth around the render as said before. Some more foreground effects would be nice too. I think on the Chimchar one you should move the text closer to Chimchar, crop it a bit, and add some matching foreground effects. I really like your two current tags, you're starting way better than me. My first tag was way worse. It's linked in here just so you can compare, but my point is that if you start pretty good like this then you'll end up pretty good, it took me over a year and a half to get good enough to make tags like that. I hope you succeed, soon enough you'll be making your own tags for your signature :p
I was so happy to see that you'd stopped by. Thanks so much for the CnC, I really get what you're saying about depth and I never really noticed that about Zorua but when I look at it again, you're right, his head looks almost popping out but not the back. Thanks so much, and haha you give me a lot of hope by saying that I'm starting off really well.

Oh and I will use what you said to edit my Chimchar tag because i've recently learned all about c4ds.

Waruvial 2177
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I used Kayla Ann's Beautifly tut. Tut.

And this should be the render. Mewtwo

Thanks for the CnC its really appreciated. It's nice to know that I'm at least following tuts right and producing good results.
I'll have to try that tut. ^^;

Whoa. Neat render! 8D Oh, and, by the way, do you have the link to the image used for the C4D? That looked pretty awesome too!
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
I'll have to try that tut. ^^;

Whoa. Neat render! 8D Oh, and, by the way, do you have the link to the image used for the C4D? That looked pretty awesome too!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/c...nbder204ec.png

Oh and I do appreciate your CnC but I'd like it if you didn't just ask about stuff for you. I am glad to help though.

Update:

This is my first tag without a tutorial. I didn't use any c4ds and i'm not sure if there's anything I should do with it. Any and all CnC would be greatly appreciated.

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 06-15-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I wanted to make it clear that there's another update so, double post ftw.

Update:

First tag with a human. CnC please! I have no commentss. :(

I really like this one CnC please and thank you.

Waruvial 2177

Last edited by Y2kPikachu12; 06-17-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan
Default Re: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN... Gallery. Comments Wanted :D

I think I know why you like your Shaymin one. It's got the best flow out of all your tags, making it appealing :3 The same thing applied with your Mewtwo tag before. It's text is really great, awesome placement, color, size, whatever the hell I can think of, it looks good with the text lol. The reason this one is more appealing than the Mewtwo one is because you chose a render that actually goes with the flow. In the Mewtwo tag there's a flow in the background, but the render was like, seperate. You should always make the flow go in the direction of the render.

You're tag that says 'Weezy' on it (I don't know what it is, so I'll call it your Weezy tag lol) Kinda shows that you need more work on depth and C4Ds. First of all, C4Ds, I don't think they look good when used as a background effect, C4Ds are supposed to be used as foreground effects, an art pro can correct me if I'm wrong, but even if it doesn't matter it looks alot better as a foreground effect. I think for a background you should try making a gradient, then throwing on some brushing, put in your render, and make a foreground out of C4Ds and minimal brushing. Then I like to put a fancy border, lol. I actually noticed that you made nice borders on the Chimchar and Shaymin tag, and honestly I'm obsessed with borders so you might not want to listen to me when I say a tag needs a border. Just use your judgement, lol. A border would be very nice. What? Oh yeah. Continuing, you want to crop extra space, but not all of it. You don't want to crop so much empty space the tag will look like a square, lol.

This summer tag (Reminds me, today's the last day of school, in twenty minutes I'm going to school then going to a party ;D yay me!) has some problems. Like, the colors don't match up in the background, and again, all you have is a background and no foreground. I'm not going to go on too much from here though, because I explained it in the other descriptions. Remember, the Shaymin tag has a flow in a certain direction. Find out how you did that, make it apply to your tags in the future. Maybe I'll explain a little bit more about this in the future. For now, gotta go to school.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN... Gallery. Comments Wanted :D

Work on a tag with something OTHER than an abstract background.
Your renders look slapped on.
Try themed tags, like seasons, or nature. BTW YOU SEEM LIKE HIPSTER TRASH.
Look into more tutorials, try to go into more difficult tutorials to grasp skills and techniques.