Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Pokemon: History Lesson

First of all, I would like to say that this is not my usual mellow short. I mean, it is mellow in the beginning, but at the end, it will at least get you to smirk a little. Especially if you are an author and not just a reader. So, let's get started with the fan-fic:

"Ever since humanity has existed on this version of Earth, animals have suffered. The environment has suffered. Not because of factories, or human interests in oil. But because of what they do with their interests. Humans have always been at war. Humans... it is in their nature. Ever since the existence of the first sentient being, there has been killing. Pointless murdering that doesn't solve much. It... not only destroys the environment... it destroys humans. Humans destroy humans on a regular basis. Kids hit other kids in school. Teenagers verbally tease other teenagers, which reduces the victims morale. Adults use guns and take a life that isn't theirs to take. But, I have developed a way to get off this version of Earth.

Me and my comrades have always been interested in other dimensions. Another parallel that exists in the space-time-continuum. Modern science has not only proven the existence of other parallels, other life forms on them, but has made it possible for us to travel to them. The problem is, once you do go, you will never return. You will forget everything and end up there another child. Possibly a different personalty, possibly different looks, possibly... different reasons to live. But the new dimension I have discovered will stay locked once I have gone into it. I am escaping from my fears. I have sent cameras on beams into this portal that I have constructed. Inside this portal reigns another world, filled with not only humans, but other creatures. The humans on this newer version of Earth call the creatures Pokemon. They are wonderful creatures, just as loyal as a dog, smart as a cat, and loving as a human.

I am done writing in this journal. I have found a way for me to connect in a world that is almost perfect. While in every place, evil exists, I don't think you will find a paradise like this. But, the reason I am destroying this portal after I lock it is, if science prevails any further, humans could go there with their full conscience, remember what occurred on this older world. So, I must say goodbye. If you are reading this log, you know of this dimension's existence. But, you do not know how to reach it. You must say one word for this portal to reconstruct. And by the time I jump through the portal, nobody on this world will know it. Goodbye world!"

Space Marine 187 was looking at this paper. She couldn't believe what she was reading, "Either Pokemon exist on another parallel, or this is another stupid fan-fic on Pokemon Elite 2000... oh well..." she said as she threw the paper in the garbage.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 06-01-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: Pokemon: History Lesson

That... wasn't funny, sorry. It would have worked as a perfectly fine drabble without the wall-breakery. It takes a lot of work to get people to break the fourth wall in a natural and amusing manner, and that just sounded like you tossed it in to get a giggle out of the reader. Other than that, though, it sounds perfectly plausible. Good job.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Pokemon: History Lesson

I did just throw it in there at the last moment! LOL!