Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default How often do you write?

Just wondering...do you guys write more of your stories every day? See, it's kinda a habit of mine to open up Word and write even only just a sentence (if I'm not inspired) every day, and I was curious as to how often other people write. Sometimes I'll miss a day, other days I'll write half a page, or I'll only get to do a few sentences. And how often do people switch between stories? Like, if you do write every day do you contribute to more than one of your stories (assuming you have more than one)? o:

Another somewhat interesting question: how many other people think it's easier to write at night than any other time? Sometimes I can just sit down and keep on writing when I'm supposed to be in bed or something, and I can't do the same thing any other time of day. Lately it's been better; I've been finding morning a good time to write as well, but during the day (at least, before 6:00pm) it's much more difficult. I already know a handful of people who agree, but I wanted to know about all others! :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: How often do you write?

I tend to write everyday (whole story or most of a story), but seeing as how I only have two series (one currently on hold) going that isn't saying much.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Well, after I'm done with writing and posting a chapter, I don't start the next chapter until about four days later. I just like to do other things now for a while so that writing doesn't become a chore or something I'm forced to do. I feel that if I immediately jump into the next chapter, I'll lose interest or it'll be like forcing the chapter to be writting. Of course, sometimes I'm eager to start the next chapter and will immediately start writing.

When I do start a chapter, I'll usually write two or three paragraphs a day, maybe a page. It's habit for me to start up the Word document, write a few setences, browse the web, write a few setences, listen to some music, browse the web, write, and repeat. Sometimes I open up the word document, but I'll end up closing it up hours later with no changes. xD

Maybe by November, during NaNoWriMo, I'll have another story I'll switch from back and forth. However, I have so many plots I want to write about that I don't know which one that is yet. :P

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 05-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Every day, but not always in the form of stories. Sometimes I write for role plays, which could count as the same though the format is slightly different.

Like Kat, I might give NaNoWriMo a shot, since I'm pretty sure Trial of Juno IV will be done before then.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Never, and it's sad. :[

BRYCExKAT
Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Talking Re: How often do you write?

I write. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I'm writing a Star Wars story currently, around a character I created, hence my user name.

A lot of my ideas have already been thought of by other people and have made it into novels, and are being implemented in the up coming PC game Star Wars: The Old Republic. It seems that whenever I have an idea, someone else has had it first and publishes their work. I don't think I've ever had an original idea.

That's okay though. This story is only a primer for the an original novel of my own creation, not a story in or about someone else's universe. I'm writing a story before my story to get back into the flow of writing and get my creative energy flowing again. I've been out of practice for a while.

I'm also using my creative talents to illustrate my Star Wars story. I'm drawing all of the light sabers and star ships for the story which will be scanned into my computer and put into the pages. There is a lot of research and other work involved in "writing" a Star Wars story, let me tell you, LOL.

To answer the question, How often do I write? I'm technically not writing right now. I'm researching and illustrating. I'm still very much in the creative process.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 05-23-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar, more info
Old 05-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Altrius Offline

It tends to be on how inspiring I'm feeling. If I feel really in the mood at the time, I'll write 3 or 4 pages in a go. If not, I'll write a sentance, do something else and then close the word down with little changes. It really depends on the mood I'm feeling, and wether I've got the chapter Idea firmly set in my head. However, If I finish a chapter and want to do another, I head straight on with it until I get tired :)
Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

I always try to write a little each day but sometimes I miss days. When I get going I usually write a few pages, and when I'm really inspired and the writing is going well I can write several (once I wrote about 18 pages in one night...too bad that part of the story is way ahead of where I actually am in the story, but I didn't want to waste that inspiration).

I really only write in the night time or evening...I haven't tried writing in the morning recently but afternoon is usually the worst time to write for me. I don't know why, but it is.

Usually I choose one story to work on each day, but on some occassions I'll write parts of more than one (this usually happens if I can't get inspired for the one I was originally trying to write).

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

@Kat: Yeah, I know what you mean about opening it and then not doing anything. xDD At least we tried! And I don't usually start on a new chapter straight away either, although sometimes I do. x)

@Scy: Wow...was that the time when you wrote a whole Mind Whisperer chapter? xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
@Kat: Yeah, I know what you mean about opening it and then not doing anything. xDD At least we tried! And I don't usually start on a new chapter straight away either, although sometimes I do. x)

~GS.
(Haha, I've opened the file and ended up doing nothing too sometimes. ^^;)

No, that was a different time (the chapter I wrote in one night was like 12 or something pages I think). I wrote parts of some future chapters and just kept going for that long because I was so inspired. XD

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
(Haha, I've opened the file and ended up doing nothing too sometimes. ^^;)

No, that was a different time (the chapter I wrote in one night was like 12 or something pages I think). I wrote parts of some future chapters and just kept going for that long because I was so inspired. XD
(xDD It happens!)

Oh. xDD Haha, you even said that in your post--I wasn't paying attention. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

~GS.
Yeah, at least we tried, somewhat! xD Hey, at least we remembered that we actually had a chapter to write that day rather than forget. x3

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 05-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Pokol DaErran Offline

I tend to work in bursts. When I do decide to write, either I'll end up having the document open for three hours while I do other things, then close it, or I'll write the entire chapter right then and there.

Not that my chapters require too much effort.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I right on and on without even knowing it. I could write 12 pages and feel that I wrote 2 in one day. When I get inspired or excited about it, I never stop until I am at the point I am exited and looking forward with. Like right now, I am really excited about a chapter I will post a few weeks from now!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Every day. I send it to a local literary magazine instead of sharing with y'all though.