Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default B/W Character Discussion

Now that we have images of the Black & White heroes, what can you tell about them based on their appearances?
Click for image~

What do you think their personalities will be like based purely on their looks?
Which starter Pokemon do you think they will each have?
Do you think either of them will become a main character in the series?
What do you think their roles in the anime could be if they joined Ash and co? Or if there was a new series?

Feel free to discuss any/all and add your own ^^
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: B/W Character Discussion

They look a lot older than the usual characters. Might be a mature-themed game but I really doubt they will do that because they are gonna leave their entire kid audience hanging.

Also, the guy's hair is so messed up. I feel as if they are trying to imitate today's retarded long-hair fad and his cap looks like a trucker hat. First they did a regular cap, then they pulled it back, then they used some kind of beanie, and they finished off with a beret. Now a trucker hat?? The female character looks good. Finest one yet :D
Go to the Anime section

Last edited by Alonso; 05-17-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I agree! The boy could pass of as a 14 year old girl. The girl looks okay, but I wouldn't know modern fashion for females since I am a male. I got to see preview gameplay here at a gaming convention in Germany, it looked sweet. Though the cities look kind of weird.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Alonso Offline

And I hope these people appear in Gen 5 whether Ash stays in the anime or not. The absence of Brendan, Gold (or Jimmy or Ethan or WHATEVER), and Lucas in the anime was very dissappointing. In Gen 4, Ash has two rivals; Paul (I dunno whose idea was this) and Barry. They could've done the same thing in Gen 3 or at least have Brendan appear in the Hoenn League finals; not that weird orange-haired kid with the Metang. Gen 2 should've done something similar with Gold or Silver instead of isolating them in Pokemon Chronicles. And the biggest anamoly is the appearance of Lyra; therefore now there is Lyra and Marina but what about Jimmy (Gold)? Is he the same kid as Ethan or are they 2 different people that look somewhat the same but not exactly?

Edit:
Here he is. Some random trainer is one of Ash's rivals in the Hoenn League. But why this guy? Where did he come from? Where did the writers get him from?

Why wasn't it this guy?

By the way, how does Bulbapedia know he has a Shiftry, Aggron, and Rhyperior?
Go to the Anime section

Last edited by Alonso; 05-19-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Yeah I would have liked to see the other game characters. Especially Leaf.
I think Ethan = Jimmy, while Marina and Lyra are completely separate, since Marina was specifically for Crystal.

As for the new ones...
I think the girl will probably have the fire pig. I don't think they'd wanna give her a water-type when it looks fairly similar to Piplup. And the grass-type seems more suited to the boy, but I think it would be cool if they gave her a tough looking Pokemon rather than always giving girls the cute ones.

I'm hoping contests will be completely dumped and they'll have something new to do. It would also be cool if both Ash and the new character decided to go for badges. Rather than having to sit through each gym twice, maybe they could have double battles or something. That's if Ash even makes a return.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 PM

Wow! How in the world did you do that!? How are you doing this!? I have been thinking through my fan fiction a few days ago and my new character that I am adding goes for gyms too. And, in each gym there will be two gym leaders for the trainer or trainers to battle!

P.S. Are you psychic?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Alonso Offline

The contests are boring. I also hope they dump them.

Oh and Titanium, congrats on finding a good-quality avatar. The other one just had to go.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Expecto Patronum!

Yeah I agree about that orange haired guy. That was the most random encounter, and he was so annoying. :P

I wonder if the new boy will make an appearance at all. They could even replace Brock with him considering he's older. And then they could possibly have both new characters travelling with Ash. I think it would be really interesting to see Ash being mentored again, rather than having the new character always being clueless.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
The contests are boring. I also hope they dump them.

Oh and Titanium, congrats on finding a good-quality avatar. The other one just had to go.

Yeah, the contests were completely annoying, even when they were new...

Thanks, I do like it since Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Alonso Offline

The contests might be replaced by the Pokéathlon challenges. The girl looks sort of sporty (the boots) so she might be after Pokéathlons instead of contests like with May and Dawn.

Ya know what'd be weird but kind of cool, they drop Ash and most likely Dawn and then it's the B/W guy and girl and Brock.

sucks how this section is empty...
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I'm sticking by my opinion of the Isshu region being in America until proven otherwise. My theory is further backed by the female's appearance. She's got ripped jeans and those ever-so-odd pockets hanging out. She even appears to be wearing Bumpits and has a very regal hairstyle.

The guy is just your typical character. I wish they would do more like the guys; the Pokémon company makes us look so monotonous. =[

Old 05-20-2010, 02:37 PM

They don't need to drop Ash... why does everyone think that he needs to be dropped? He doesn't need to be kicked out of the show, he needs to get his personality back! Same with Brock, and all the other characters.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Alonso Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
They don't need to drop Ash... why does everyone think that he needs to be dropped?
Cuz he's been on the show for several seasons doing the same thing. I forgot where I read it this but Pokemon is something like this with the same characters every season.

Walk around
Get lost
Walk around
Gym Leader
Walk around
Get lost
Walk around
Contest
Walk around
Get lost
Walk around
Gym Leader
etc... with Team Rocket in almost every effing episode doing the same crap and not to mention with dumb voice acting. I miss the old James voice. Yeah, that was the best James. It's so sad that Meowth's voice actress passed away. Meowth's 4Kids voice acting was... legendary. Today it's a joke "ya dig"

It's time to change the face of Pokemon, give it a new perspective to the Pokemon World. If we keep seeing Pokemon through Ash's eyes, the show is going to be an endless cycle that is eventually going to bore its audience.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-21-2010, 05:16 AM

Or maybe the freeeeakin' writers would at least change the atmosphere, change the way to get badges, change Ash's protagonists. And for God's sakes, for the American company out there, change the voice actors. Look at all this crap you have created! Your own fans hate you!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Alonso Offline

No, it's time for a new face; complete make-over. The show isn't called A-shi-oh. It's Pokémon.

Change way to get badges? What, blindfolded?
Change Ash's protagonists? They already do that.
Atmosphere? Changes from time to time. If you mean a mature atmosphere, it isn't happening; they aren't just going to leave their entire under 14 audience hanging.
Go to the Anime section

Last edited by Alonso; 05-22-2010 at 05:27 AM.