Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:35 PM
MysticSapphire Offline
Master Trainer

Default Curse (T for Teen)

Hello and welcome to my new thread. It's a fanfic- obviously- to celebrate my returning to Pe2k after a very long time. I'm kind of nervous about putting it up, but you know, whatever. I'm doing it anyway.

I'm going to warn you now that I'm not the best at committing to a story. However, I'm very determined to finish this one as I have planned it out thoroughly. Also, just a warning, I'm not good with these rating things so its "T" for Teen becuase of violence and maybe some swearing in later chapters.

Just to let you know, the chapters may start out small and get larger as I update. Please don't preasure me to write because I usually write when I'm in a good, mellow mood. I write becuase I enjoy writing (despite not being the best at it) and I am looking to improve. The reason I am posting here is to share my imagination with people and get their opinion. So crit is appreciated.

Btw, no snatching up my ideas. If anyone spots anything being copied from my story, please tell me. Since fanfics are being stolen, I'm going to but this form here:

Fanfic Name: Curse
Sites Posted: Pe2k
Author: MysticSapphire

So, my friends, let's begin...

Summary:
Azul is a Mew who was scarred and hurt before she had even hatched from her egg. But she has happened to have been born into an age of greed and violence. After the murder of her friends, she sets out on a journey to destroy the one who has hurt her so much. As she is joined by several other's, will she learn to let go of hate, or will she destroy everything she has left in order to evenge what she once had?

-x-

Curse

Prologue

-x-

Many, many billions of years ago, there was an egg hovering in the deepness of nothing. Then, suddenly, a crack was formed. From the egg hatched an almighty being called Arceus. From the egg’s shell, another species of being was created. Those species was named Mew. These Mew aided Arceus in creating two more creatures: Palkia and Dialga, the keepers of Space and Time.

Amidst all this creation, a planet was formed- this one planet, out of billions of others that had been made throughout all of time and space, had been chosen to harness life. One thousand Mew flew down to the planet, Earth, and began to fill it with creatures. Arceus produced three more being to help teach the new life on Earth. These three beings watched the Earth and taught the mortals living on it.

After thousands of years, humans- intelligent and creative animals- appeared and the Earth started to develop. However, along with this new intellect, the humans brought many emotions with them; such as anger, hatred and greed. Fearing for its new world, Arceus and the many Mew fled into space, leaving behind the rest of creation.

But five Mew were left behind. These five Mew continued to make more and more creatures and widened the humans’ educational horizons- the humans learned of the creatures’ natures and skills. The humans dubbed the beings “Pokémon.”

Then things changed. The human’s suddenly turned on the five Mew and tried to capture them. The Mew were hunted down and were accused to be demons. The Mew were slaughtered. But what the humans didn’t know was that Mew DNA was scattered throughout the Earth’s beings. And also, two eggs were hidden away from humanity.

Life carried on for the humans, who were oblivious to their bloody past. And the two eggs, separated and place in the oddest of places, laid dormant until the sixteen planets of the next galaxy aligned behind their two suns.

-x-

Last edited by MysticSapphire; 05-17-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Curse (T for Teen)

The idea is great, but description is needed! Also, in your little "Message from the Author" thing you wrote:

Quote:
Hello and welcome to my new thread. It's a fanfic- obviously- to celebrate my returning to Pe2k after a very long time. I'm kind of nervous about putting it up, but you know, whatever. I'm doing it anyway.

I'm going to warn you now that I'm not the best at committing to a story. However, I'm very determined to finish this one as I have planned it out thoroughly. Also, just a warning, I'm not good with these rating things so its "T" for Teen becuase of violence and maybe some swearing in later chapters.

Just to let you know, the chapters may start out small and get larger as I update. Please don't preasure me to write because I usually right when I'm in a good, mellow mood. I write becuase I enjoy writing (despite not being the best at it) and I am look to improve. The reason I am posting here is to share my imagination with people and get their opinion. So crit is appreciated.

Btw, no snatching up my ideas. If anyone spots anything being copied from my story, please tell me.

So, my friends, let's begin...
it should be 'write'. Also, congrats on your coming back!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM
MysticSapphire Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
The idea is great, but description is needed! Also, in your little "Message from the Author" thing you wrote:

it should be 'write'. Also, congrats on your coming back!
Thank you very much. My first reply *squeals* cookie for you. I'm hoping to update around once a week-ish becuase of homework and exams and stuff. I am really looking forward to how other percieve my writing.

Thank you again.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:21 PM
MysticSapphire Offline
Master Trainer

Okay, so I've decided to post Chapter One. Enjoy, everybody!

Warning: This chapter contains violence.

Curse

Chapter I

-x-

My name is Azul.

My egg was attacked by an angry Rhydon before I hatched and, therefore, I have a scar running down my back. This attack also caused me to hatch late because of having to heal inside my shell. When I finally faced the bright glowing light of entering Earth, tons of knowledge of the past whirled around my head and all of a sudden, I was filled with the awareness that all of our kind posses right from the moment they are born.

My name is Azul, and I am a Mew.
I was two hundred and five years old yesterday. The small clan of pokémon I care for wanted to celebrate but I, as usual, didn’t see why my two hundred and fifth birthday had any meaning at all. So what if I was another year older? I already had two centuries behind me so why should I care? Ever since I was born, I still had no one particularly special to call my friend.

Curling my blue tail around my body, I could help but wonder if something was missing. There was just something that wasn’t quite right. I always thought about that missing thing; every single day of my two hundred years of life I would question about it.

I shut my eyes and sighed quietly. The loud snores and quite sighs of the nine pokémon around me made me smile. Even if something wasn’t quite right, I still had this lot. Well, that’s what I thought.

A shuffling sound awoken me and my ears twitched. My eyes opened and I took in everything; the sound of speech that not even a Loudred would be able to hear. The quiet shuffling over fallen leaves that only a Mew’s ears would be able to pick up.

And then it happened. Several snap-like sounds blasted through the air and objects hit the ground at lightning speed, kicking up dusty clouds and startling my friends awake. I could vaguely recall that the small, cylinder object were bullets, and they were dangerous. Suddenly, pokémon were appearing in beams of light and were leaping at us, tearing at us, knocking us down. My head was a whirl of confusion as I tried to attack and defend what I cared for.

A thunderous clap of sound exploded my eardrums and a penetrating pain tore at my leg. I tried out in pain, clutching my bleeding leg. For just a couple of seconds I was like that, wailing in agony and screaming into the early morning darkness. And that’s when I noticed the sound of fighting had ceased.

My cobalt eyes squinted open and I ground my teeth together, trying to hold back the cry that wanted to escape my mouth. The horror of what I saw changed me. My friend, my own little family, slaughtered. The bodies of them, circling me and all I wanted was for me to swap in their place.

Little Ice, a baby Snorunt who we had picked up while travelling the mountains, abandoned by his parents. Mary, a Ledian who had been beaten by the human that caught her before we came along. Oh Arceus... There was the bloodstained body of a plump round pokémon, unseeing eyes staring directly at me; Pomme was staring right at me. Pomme, the first pokémon I had ever met. A kind and carefree Munchlax, whose dead body lay next to that of my own dying one.

His mouth hanging open in a silent plea for help.

I finally couldn’t take it anymore and the grip that held my clenched jaws together loosened and the wails escaped, my wet eyes blurring everything as I sobbed for them, as I sobbed for Little Ice, and Mary, and Lash, Yvene, Powerhouse, Pike, Cannon, and Delilah, and my friend Pomme. All dead around me.

My screeches seemed to attract some attention when a wet nose sniffed at me and I let go of my wound, whimpering as I tried to crawl away. Excruciating pain shot up my leg and I shrieked again. Then I heard the muffled voices of humans. Their low, threatening tones horrified me and I shut my eyes, begging for me to be killed too. I wanted to be with my friends. I didn’t want to be here. I didn’t want this. Maybe this was my punishment.

By the scruff of my neck, I was hauled upward, my leg throbbing and my cries echoing through the entire forest. This was torture- make it stop, let me die.

But as I was thrown into something dark and my shattered leg rattled against metal, and as my comrades’ bodies slumped in that dark clearing, and as my shouts began to die down, I knew- I was certain- that this wasn’t the worst to come.

-x-

It was only when I woke that I realized I had blacked out. And it was when I woke that the memories flooded back and, not only the pain of my bleeding wound, but the pain of the guilt that weighted down on me, ton by ton. My leg wound was already beginning to heal and I cursed at the stinging of my muscles refusing to work. If I didn’t hurry, the bullet would be lodged in my flesh forever.

Cringing, I felt around my leg and shut my blue eyes, before finding the wound. I held my paw above the bullet hole and let my eyes flutter open. Suddenly, my vision blurred and then strengthened. The world tinged pink and I felt power flow through me, reviving my weak frame. Focussing with my mind, I concentrated on the job at hand.

Using the move Psychic to move the metal cylinder from my body was difficult. Whenever the bullet jolted even the slightest, I could feel my muscle tear and my blood spill. But finally, after mere minutes of torment and anguish, the bullet finally came out, coated in my blood.

The second the bullet was out, the glowing faded and the metal object fell to the ground. My breathing was heavy and tears dribbled down my furry cheeks. After what felt like hours of recovering from the pain, my eyes slowly unclamped and studied my surroundings.

It was dark and cold and quiet. There was a strange dampness about it all which made me wonder if I was underground or in a large cave. The room (if I could even call it a room) was huge. I was only curled up in the corner of the huge place. I couldn’t even see my paw in front of my face.

“Hello?” I called out, whimpering just slightly as I tried to push myself off of the ground and hover, albeit shakily, in the air. I flew slowly, at a walking pace, until I found something, anything to signify where I was.

The longer I wondered around, the more used to the darkness my eyes got, and they adjusted rather quickly. Soon enough, I could see adequately see clearly in front of me. And as I passed walls and walls of dark grey rock, cracked and creviced, I spotted a lump on the floor.

Common sense set in telling me simply, “Azul, that is not a rock.”

I approached it cautiously, setting the bad and still bleeding leg back just a tiny bit so I could easily avoid injuring it again. Floating down, my paw reached out and tapped the lump. A groan emanated from it so I tapped again.

“Ang...” the thing drawled, “please tell me that’s you because if it’s not, there a bit of a problem.” The voice was groggy with sleep and seemingly irritated and I floated back slightly. I blinked, shifting my eyes a little.

An odd, squeaky and scared sound fell from my mouth and I quickly covered my mouth. But it was too late, as the lump had already sat up and clasped its paw around my thing neck. Its blue-purple tinged eyes glared evilly at me and I felt the prick of sharp claws hover against my skin.

“Who,” asked the oddly feminine voice, “are you?”

-x-

Oh my god, who knew I was capable of such stuff?! O.o Well, It's nice to get that posted out there. Please enjoy and tell me what you think.

P.S. BTW, I don't own the pic at the top, I got it off of Google, and it is owned by someone else.

Last edited by MysticSapphire; 05-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 AM
austbot Offline

Send a message via AIM to austbot Send a message via Yahoo to austbot

Dang this is better than anythin im able to write. But over all i love your description in chapter 1 about how Azul lost her friends- No her family. (Ok im just assuming that Azul was a girl for now.) Though it would of been better if you had described the pain, guilt, and suffering she felt for when they were gone forever.

Thats just what a lame startin out writer like me thinks though xD. After all i draw more than write xD.

This is a great story so far and i want to see it finished. People say that great things often start as somethin so small that you would not think anythin of it. Well i think this is one of those things.

Great story so far Saphire keep it up.

Official austbot rating: 4.5/5
Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Wow this is really good! I love the creation story in the prologue. Seems like a really interesting read. I hope you continue writing =D
Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Nice! You are building a fan base! And I am part of that base!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 PM
MysticSapphire Offline
Master Trainer

Hehe. Thanks everyone for the comments and stuff. I really appreciate it all. Thank you. So, now for the next chapter, which is a littl eless action packed I think, but it's a build up to something bigger. So, here it is; the one, the only, chapter twwo of Curse...

Curse

Chapter II

-x-

Those demonic eyes stared at me, looked deep into me, like they were examining my soul. I could feel the psychic presence in my head that told me this pokémon was scanning me for threats. It was hard to define the pokémon in this darkness, but all I knew was that I was terrified.

Thick, strong claws were resting against my throat, ready to plunge through my windpipe, severing the golden string that attached me to this Earth. I whimpered slightly, so quiet I doubted that the murderous pokémon holding me up had even heard me. I struggled for a moment before the claws tightened and I froze. This pokémon was no messing about. “Who are you?” she repeated in a low, growling voice that caused a shiver to run down my spine.

“A-Azul,” was my choked reply.

“What species are you?” she asked, “my psychic abilities won’t tell me. Your barriers are too strong. Now tell me what you are.”

The horrible taste of bile in my mouth increased and I coughed and spluttered as I tried to force out my reply. The pokémon seemed to recognise my reason for silence and retraced her claws, releasing my neck and letting me drop to the floor. I screamed horrifyingly as I landed on my torn leg, and the lightning pain shot up through my nerves. My eyes threatened to overflow again and I gritted my teeth as the stinging feeling subsided slightly. All the while, the female pokémon waited for my reply.

After minutes of heavy breathing and coughing, I found my personality for the first time since probably only a few hours ago (it seemed so long since I had suffered all that pain of seeing them die in front of my eyes.) Filled to the brim with my new found sarcasm, I glared up at the dark form and glared viciously, blue eyes flashing like a warning sign. “Are you blind?” I growled in a low and slow threat, “Don’t you know what type of a pokémon I am?” The pokémon gave one quick laugh before holding out what I thought was an arm and forming a ball of psychic energy which lit up a small part of the cavern, including us. She held the light up to her eyes, which I noticed were an odd blue purple colour, and she said in a clam, yet terrifyingly sincere, “that’s because I am blind. Do I have to repeat myself again?”

On the brighter side of being threatened like that, I now had enough light to examine the pokémon before me and I was extremely surprised to find that it was a Gardevoir. The odd coloured eyes, the rash and angry personality, the claws, all of these were impossible for a Gardevoir and yet here was living proof of such a thing. Staring for a moment, hundreds of possibilities swarmed through my head at what was going on. Was I dreaming? Maybe done of this was real.

However, my throbbing right leg begged to differ.
“Are you going to answer?” the Gardevoir’s voice knocked me out of my daydreams, as did the ball of light disappearing into the air and cloaking us in darkness.

“I’m a Mew!” The rushed words fell from my mouth like a Pidgeot crash landing. I tiny gasp escaped me and I covered my muzzle with my paws and waited, expectantly, for something solid to hit me over the head, of something sharp to stab me in the stomach. But none came. A quiet mumbling sound bubbled from the Gardevoir’s mouth and when the claws released my neck, I gasped in a breath. Then I was falling and my injured leg hit the ground, pain shooting up my nerves and filling my mind with only the agony of it.
The Gardevoir said something quietly. My defined ears managed to untangle the syllables to create the word ‘Angel.’ Then, the Gardevoir was rushing away, calling out that same word. I listened, watering eyes seeing nothing, ears listening for something to distract me from my leg.

“What is it, Knife?”

This voice was different. It was young and high-pitched, and soft and gentle. Suddenly there was a very frightening silence as neither the Gardevoir nor the other female spoke. Then, an awed sigh came from the young female and a breath hitched in my throat. What was going on?

“Angel-” the mutated psychic type began from deep in the darkness but the new voice shushed her. I felt a powerful and familiar aura approach me and then I sensed a small pokémon hovering in front of me. “Knife, get the lights,” whispered the new pokémon, and her breath spread over my face.

The sound of running and then a leap into the air followed by the whirling sound of floating echoed through the black cavern and I waited, nervous and silent, for something to happen.

Suddenly, all at once, a group of psychic energy balls flew around the humongous sides of the cavern, lighting pieces of wood that had been bolded to the walls using pieces of stray metal and vines. The wood lit, and then I could see the whole of the huge cave as the pink flames flickered and cast a beautiful glow around us all. The ceiling was hundreds of feet upwards and I couldn’t see the top as darkness filled the void; the cavern was a wide and uneven circle, with a few little low-ceilinged halls leading off to dead-ended rooms. There were a couple of thick, rock pillars that let down from the darkness above, and were slimy and damp. Dripping and damp, the dark purple rock was partially covered in moss in some places, and tiny carved scratches in others.

I turned to look at the pokémon in front of me with wide eyes. She wasn’t what I had expected.

A large head on a smaller body, with arms and legs and little, fluttering wings. She looked like an angel; that was her name after all. The Togetic stared back at me with big, brown eyes and she smiled the widest smile I had ever seen since Pomme-

My train of thought broke off when the image of my best friend’s bloody body appearing in my mind. Angel noticed this and hovered downwards so that she was sitting on the ground too. “Are you okay?” she asked, “Your leg is hurt.” She reached out a tiny paw but I pulled away, a little too quickly. She looked up at me through her miniature eyelashes, and then relaxed backwards. “You can trust me you know,” she said quietly, “we’re related.”

“What?” this was the first time I had spoken to the small, white pokémon and she smiled at me. My voice must have sounded rude and disbelieving, yet the Togetic was still smiling happily. She ignored my question completely and instead carefully took my arms and gingerly pulled me closer to her. She then studied my pale blue fur, a rare colouration for my kind. There was simple look of adoration on her face. And then she released me, taking flight once more. She circled me, making me feel edgy about having my back to her. But then she stopped behind me. I felt her eyes bore into me. She was looking at the scar on my back.

“How-” her voice cracked and she cleared her throat to continue, “how did this happen?” Her eyes were suddenly darker and it frightened me ever so slightly. “My egg was attacked before I hatched. I was injured and hatched late because of the need to heal.” She nodded, relieved. I didn’t know why she was so worried about my well-being. It was odd. Angel came back to face me, her expression was a tiniest bit sadder, and she settled herself back on the ground.

I was very curious now. A mutant blind Gardevoir, a scary Togetic, a big cavern- what the hell was going on? Finally, I spoke my thoughts. “Where am I?” I demanded suddenly, “What is this place?” The Togetic’s eyes flashed over to Knife for a split second before resting on me again. It was only because of my defined senses that I noticed the small exchange in the first place. It was suspicious how they would have to confirm what information they could give me. “We are,” Angel started, “trapped in imprisonment. I’ve been here for a couple of months and Knife has been here for much, much longer.”
Knife leaned against one of the tall stone pillar and crossed her arms over her chest. “Three years, seven months,” the Gardevoir said. A shiver ran up my spine. Whether it was from her cold voice, the damp moisture in the air, or the fact that I could be stuck here for the rest of my life, I didn’t know. But then Knife continued to speak, “They attack in the middle of the night, rendering you helpless and slaughtering everyone who matters to you. They take you away, severely injured, and they throw you in here. They leave you for dead; only the strong survive.” Knife’s explanation seemed all the more real when she said it, and I knew it was all true.

“Okay,” I said, “then let’s get out of here.” Suddenly, the atmosphere turned cold and silent, and a strange feel surrounded us. Angel and Knife didn’t say a word and I immediately knew something was up. I looked the Togetic in the eyes, begging for something to be said; begging for them to agree to try and get out. But no one voiced their opinions on my suggestion. “What?” I asked, “Don’t you want to get out?”
Neither answered and I pulled a confused face. “Don’t you want to go home?” There was nothing. I was starting to get angry. My family, my friends, were slaughtered in the night to get me here and if I stayed, that meant that I had lost and they all died in vain. I had to get out, I had to avenge them. All the people I cared about were dead and it was because they (whoever they were) wanted it so. If I let myself be confined to this place, then that meant they had won, and I had lost.

My fury grew when Angel averted her gaze to look at one of the tall but thick pillars. Was it too much to ask to have their cooperation? “Why?” I cried out, “What’s wrong with you two? Do you want to get out or not?!” I pushed myself up so I was floating and put my front paws together to plead with them. “I need your help! I can’t do it alone! You two must know some way to get out.” There was yet another silence and it felt like I was talking to myself.

“Why don’t you want to leave? Aren’t there people waiting for you?! Are you just going to abandon them?!” My last question seemed to make Knife snap and the next thing I knew she was up in my face, her blue eyes glaring into my own with a new found hatred.
“Listen, you,” she hissed through clenched teeth. One sharp claw pointed at the bottom on my chin, threatening for me to talk back to her when she was in a foul mood like this. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve been here for over three and a half years. I’ve marked off each day by taking a run up one of those pillars and slicing how far I reached up it with my claws. There are one thousand three hundred and sixteen slices on that one pillar.” She pointed to the one she had previously been leaning on. “I’ve made an estimated thirty-seven escapes, maybe more. Each time, I have gotten exactly one scar. That’s thirty-six scars, one thousand three hundred and sixteen slices through solid rock, and I’m still partially sane.

“Out there,” she said, pointing upwards through the black void in the ceiling, “there is just darkness. And in that darkness, things are hidden. Things are waiting, completely ready to attack anything that moves. If you try to fly up and out of here, it will only take a minute for your body to drop back down here, lifeless and bloody.” She pointed another clawed finger at the walls. “We’ve tried digging and smashing and destroying this place. The walls, the pillars, the floor- all unending. It would take decades to dig through it all. There is no way in, and no way out. It’s a mystery how any of us got here, because every time someone new arrives, we’ve all been suspiciously unconscious.

“And then there is the fact that you loud mouth stated that I don’t want to get out and I’m abandoning my friends and family. Say that one more time, imply it in a sentence, even think it and I will know. Because you can’t abandon people who are dead, can you?” Her voice stayed completely statistical and didn’t rise into a shout during the whole thing but that was what made her terrifying. She didn’t need to get angry to scare me, and yet her anger showed in those deep, unusual blue eyes of hers. The fury and hurt and torture she had gone through her whole life showed in those eyes. Her eyes showed her past, and yet she couldn't see. She was blind, but her eyes were necessary to show everyone around her the pain she felt in her life, and the anger she had locked inside her.

Angel chose this moment to but in, and it was then that I saw her true self. She was so young, so innocent and yet she had seen things that no young pokémon should ever see. She reached out and placed a paw on Knife’s shoulder, her tiny wings fluttering ever so slightly to keep her aloft. It was just that small gesture that made Knife retracted her claws, and the Gardevoir stepped away. She sighed, and I swore that I could see tears in the corners of her eyes.

“Azul,” Angel whispered to me, “please... Get some rest and we’ll see what we can do, okay?”

She looked upset and suddenly the guilt overcame me. I nodded- but not before hesitating- and flew over to a pillar, sinking down so my back rested against it. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. This would be a long journey, I realised. Nothing would come easily and there was a high probability that I would be dead soon. Those were my last thoughts before I gave in to my slumber.

-X-

:P That was so... I dunno what to call it but I know it wasn't as action-pact as other chapters I've got planned. So you'll have to bear with me. I'm leadin up to something at the moment, and I hope I can write it out as well as I can imagine it in my head. *Sighs* Okay, the next chapter will be even better. I promise. And thanks everyone for the feedback. And yeah, just to let you know, Azul is a girl.

Last edited by MysticSapphire; 06-12-2010 at 12:19 PM.