Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Okay let's just go back in time and change everything that applies to the rules the way they are right now.

Half of you wouldn't be even complaining about this (probably like 100%).

So shut the **** up.
I'm not saying we should change everything, I'm saying quite the opposite actually - that things which have been already done shouldn't be changed, rather they should be kept as it and now changes must be made in the system, so that it's fair and more acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
In case some people don't understand just how little is "five short, mediocre posts", someone caught a Riolu in like 4000 characters. And yes, this was pretty much what was happening everywhere.
That's all very well, but was there any specified character limit that catching a specific Pokemon would need to have atleast X number of characters? No, there wasn't. So technically, if you catch a Pokemon in 4000 characters or 40000 characters it's still the same thing. Just because stories have a minimum character count doesn't mean the Park should too. In case of stories, if you do everything perfectly, you're almost guaranteed that you catch your Pokemon, while in the Park you can still fail even if you do everything right because of the catch roll. Another point of difference is that the park requires some money to be put in (which isn't just $3500, you require items as well), while the stories are free. In the stories, you're allowed indefinite time to complete it, but in the Park you have to reply within 4 days (this rule isn't enforced much, but it's still there in place). Comparing it with stories isn't really suitable imo. I'm not saying that the Park is really nice and we should keep it as it is, but making everyone give back the Pokemon they caught in legal ways isn't a solution. The Park should be changed, but not against the expense of those who've already caught something, invested time in it, and then are told that you have to give everything back.

Take the Daycare for example. It was found that people weren't waiting the entire time period but withdrawing them early. A change was made to stop this (namely introducing Daycare approvers) but the moves that had already been purchased weren't taken back, were they?

Another example would be with starters. Way back, some of the now banned Pokemon were allowed as starters, but it was realised that too many rare mons were floating about, so those were banned (I'm assuming this had happened, I wasn't there at that time). But the people who had already taken those starters didn't have to give them back, did they?

My last example would be that of stories. Quite a while back, when the URPG was short of graders, lots of new graders were chosen, but they were then removed because it was found their grading was not up to the mark (I know because I was one of them :P). However, the stories they had graded were never re-graded. They could easily have been unfair captures since the graders themselves for not that great. But the Pokemon captured were not taken back, because it was not the fault of the members, rather the system had defects.

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 06-05-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

The way I see it, the Elite battle matter isn't even of the same weight as 29 Pokemon been caught when not even 1/4 of the effort as writing a story for that same mon is put in. :|
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
The way I see it, the Elite battle matter isn't even of the same weight as 29 Pokemon been caught when not even 1/4 of the effort as writing a story for that same mon is put in. :|
If I'm not wrong, most of the people (most not all) have the main objective of becoming the champion one day. That's what the URPG is about for most people, isn't it? (against most, not all) That's why most people are working to get new Pokemon, TM them up, so they can hope to be champion one day. If that's not of "weight", I don't see what is.

EDIT: It wasn't Elite, it was champion, though an Elite battle is very much important too.

Quote:
also
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:13 AM): Dude if people ***** this much about us taking away their virtual pokemon
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:26 AM): how much do they ***** when their parents take away their physical stuff?

Just to visualize how immature you guys are being about a Pokemon game. We're just trying to make it fair for everyone, can't you just make it easy on us, we've already tried to be nice. We can just edit everything out of your stats without refund.
Well, if it's just a Pokemon game, why don't you let us keep them, no big deal. And while you're talking about the refund, you can refund the money, but not ter time.
A person could have spent that time used in RPing in other things (reffing/battling etc.) and get more money than they have now.

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 06-05-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
If I'm not wrong, most of the people (most not all) have the main objective of becoming the champion one day. That's what the URPG is about for most people, isn't it? (against most, not all) That's why most people are working to get new Pokemon, TM them up, so they can hope to be champion one day. If that's not of "weight", I don't see what is.
People worked to get these mons, but the mons obtained through Park is hardly comparable to the efforts put in by story writers. You're mad because we're taking away your mons that you've earned through spending much time on your RP, I believe story writers are even more annoyed that people are getting the same mons that they get, without even putting in 1/4 of the effort that they are.

Yes, you gave examples of how we don't reverse back the entire system to correct the system but seriously, the examples you listed isn't even as big of an issue of 29 mons being awarded to people, imo.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Yes, you gave examples of how we don't reverse back the entire system to correct the system but seriously, the examples you listed isn't even as big of an issue of 29 mons being awarded to people, imo.
The thing is, though, with 29 mons being awared to people, eventually it would start to balance out - everyone would start to have rare mons, and so their effectiveness in battle would decrease. However, an example such as ST's wages for the 30-man FFAs only affected one person, and by quite a margin at that. There hasn't been any attempt to rectify that.

What people are trying to say here is that there's a BIG inconsistency with the URPG rules, if at one point you're saying 'Okay, we're changing the rules and they will apply from this point onwards', and then at another time 'Okay, we're changing the rules and you'll have to give up anything that was obtained in a way that is now illegal through the new rules'.

Black Hawk - No, it never is 'too long', as the point still stands; there was a point in time when marijuana was legal, then it became illegal, but people who had smoked it previously weren't prosecuted. Whether that happened 80 years ago, or 800 years ago, it still happened.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Lunar Lime Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Okay let's just go back in time and change everything that applies to the rules the way they are right now.

So shut the **** up.

also
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:13 AM): Dude if people ***** this much about us taking away their virtual pokemon
PiEaNdChIpS678 (2:46:26 AM): how much do they ***** when their parents take away their physical stuff?

Just to visualize how immature you guys are being about a Pokemon game. We're just trying to make it fair for everyone, can't you just make it easy on us, we've already tried to be nice. We can just edit everything out of your stats without refund.
^^^

Serously. .-. The park seems quite broken, and it was relatively effortless for people to find rare Pokemon with 0 effort. I'm slaving over my Porygon-Z story still, and then five of them come into people's possessions. FIVE. That's quite broken. D:

Also, to repeat what the person above me who I really don't know (Sorry :x), If this is such a big deal, what do you guys do when normal things IRL are taken away from you?

LimeLunar: (9:39:52 PM) WHAT IS LOVE

LimeLunar: (9:39:57 PM) BABY DON'T HURT ME

Forum FFA Team CHICKEN: (9:39:59 PM) (annagorov) BABY DON'T HURT ME
Old 06-05-2010, 10:37 AM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus

I've been in a similar situation irl... but we don't need to get into that.

Basically, whether or not their decision is ridiculous (which, yeah, it is ), you still gotta listen to them. You can ***** and moan, but at the end of the day, if they haven't changed their minds, its either their way, or the highway.

Though I will say, from what I've read, it doesn't seem like any of the Upper Park staff was involved in the decision, that hardly seems... fair?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy-
Black Hawk - No, it never is 'too long', as the point still stands; there was a point in time when marijuana was legal, then it became illegal, but people who had smoked it previously weren't prosecuted. Whether that happened 80 years ago, or 800 years ago, it still happened.
A bunch of the founding fathers of the US smoked pot, as well as... just about anybody else who could get their hands on it around that time =P

Last edited by RaptorJesus; 06-05-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:

So shut the **** up.

also

I agree wholeheartedly with Jr. And, I'd just like to point out that it is not necessary for us to do things as we always have, you guys are acting like we should be obligated to stick to the ways we made decisions years ago, when the staff was almost completely different. :|

EDIT: Also, you guys are acting like we took every single Pokemon in the Park away from you. :|

Last edited by Stinky; 06-05-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with Jr. And, I'd just like to point out that it is not necessary for us to do things as we always have, you guys are acting like we should be obligated to stick to the ways we made decisions years ago, when the staff was completely different. :|
The point is that this decision isn’t consistent with the ones that HAVE been made by the same (or at least most of you are the same) administration. The action taken against this decision was extremely radical and unnecessary.

Quote:

So shut the **** up.

also

You missed the point, we DON’T want anything changed, and the way things were done in the past was the right way to do it. Also, your point about the physical things is irrelevant, considering when parents take things away you know you’re getting it back eventually. These are being taken from us permanently. If your parents came to you and told you that you were losing your computer indefinitely I’m sure you wouldn’t go into your room and unplug it for them with a smile. Another thing is that we never said that this was fair; it’s not. We’re saying that it was legitimate, which it was at the time.

Quote:
In case some people don't understand just how little is "five short, mediocre posts", someone caught a Riolu in like 4000 characters. And yes, this was pretty much what was happening everywhere.
Didn’t Stinky just get a Riolu from an AIM auction for just a few K? His Riolu wasn’t taken away because it was a rare Pokemon coming into the URPG for barely anything. Here is our problem. You’re claiming that these Pokemon are being taken away because we gained them by easy an unfair mesans. However, when everyone obtained rare Pokemon by simple means in the past (including the very recent past) they were left alone. Why should this change now?

--------

As asinine as this decision is, why don’t we make some sort of compromise about this? One major argument from our side is that we’re not being compensated for our time, so if we fix that then maybe we can put this to rest. Currently we aren’t being compensated for our time spent in the park, our park entrance fees that were wasted, or the money spent on things like voice disks and Pokeballs. Instead of fixing all of that, why not count up the total amount used to obtain each Pokemon, and then give the trainer a Pokemon from the respective story tier as compensation for losing their park mons? For example, here are mine:

Scyther:
Characters: 4000
1/3 Entrance : 1200
Capturing Hyper Ball: 1500
Pokeplayer: 3500
Voice Disk: 3000
13.2k total

Lickilicky:
Characters: 3600
1/3 Entrance: 1200
Lost Hyper Ball: 1500
Capturing Hyper Ball : 1500
7.8k total

So I should get a Medium mon as compensation for Scyther and a Simple mon as compensation for Lickilicky, since I DID earn those “fairly”. Also, when returning our TMs and such, will our time spent in the daycare be compensated as well? I made 2 daycare trips for Scizor and one for Lickilicky, so to be fair I should be able to go through the daycare 3 times without waiting the time since I already did, correct?
:]

Last edited by Sec; 06-05-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Not that I would normally jump in during the middle of a discussion (because I'm lame) but I completely disagree with you Sec about how you obtained Lickilicky and Scyther fairly. As your ranger before Bee took over, I had loads of great ideas for Scyther against your Infernape, and how I would make it challenging for you to capture it, only I was a bit slow at updating for your liking, which is fair enough. However, I feel that Bee did make it too easy for you against those Pokemon, and you even proved it yourself by posting how many characters it took; 4000 for a Scyther and 3600 for a Lickilicky isn't exactly what I'd call fair.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
The point is that this decision isn’t consistent with the ones that HAVE been made by the same (or at least most of you are the same) administration. The action taken against this decision was extremely radical and unnecessary.
So, we weren't consistent, big deal. Different situations call for different solutions. Also Senior refs =/= Officials; the FFA rule wasn't discussed by officials much (unless something went on at PE2K that I was unaware of).

Quote:
You missed the point, we DON’T want anything changed, and the way things were done in the past was the right way to do it.
You're practically the reason it needs to be changed, you don't want to change it because it's a way for you to get easy mons with little effort, as you proved yourself in your post.

Quote:
Also, your point about the physical things is irrelevant, considering when parents take things away you know you’re getting it back eventually. These are being taken from us permanently.
Yeah because the Park is the only way to get Pokemon in the URPG. Obviously.

Quote:
If your parents came to you and told you that you were losing your computer indefinitely I’m sure you wouldn’t go into your room and unplug it for them with a smile. Another thing is that we never said that this was fair; it’s not. We’re saying that it was legitimate, which it was at the time.
What the Nazis did was legitimate for them at the time, are you saying that they shouldn't be punished?

Quote:
Didn’t Stinky just get a Riolu from an AIM auction for just a few K? His Riolu wasn’t taken away because it was a rare Pokemon coming into the URPG for barely anything.
1. That was an auction for those with little money
2. Auctions =/= Park

Quote:
Here is our problem. You’re claiming that these Pokemon are being taken away because we gained them by easy an unfair mesans. However, when everyone obtained rare Pokemon by simple means in the past (including the very recent past) they were left alone. Why should this change now?
Uh because those weren't from the Park? The Park is broken, other ways to get Pokemon are not. Or are you saying that we should go ahead and fix the way we do auctions? I don't know if you've noticed, but auctions don't occur every week like trips to the Park, they are special occasions that only happen every few months.

Quote:
So I should get a Medium mon as compensation for Scyther and a Simple mon as compensation for Lickilicky, since I DID earn those “fairly”.
You did? Could've fooled me, you obtained those Pokemon rather easily (as you just proved).
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
Not that I would normally jump in during the middle of a discussion (because I'm lame) but I completely disagree with you Sec about how you obtained Lickilicky and Scyther fairly. As your ranger before Bee took over, I had loads of great ideas for Scyther against your Infernape, and how I would make it challenging for you to capture it, only I was a bit slow at updating for your liking, which is fair enough. However, I feel that Bee did make it too easy for you against those Pokemon, and you even proved it yourself by posting how many characters it took; 4000 for a Scyther and 3600 for a Lickilicky isn't exactly what I'd call fair.
I hate to disagree but I have to
well anyways so The thing is it is not the users fault to go into the park and obtain pokemon!
If someone is to blame then its the rangers (I love rangers-I don't mean this to offend you) So if Bee let it too easy its his fault not Sec's she never did anything wrong, she posted like she felt and bee accepted it.

(Bee you are great, but I had to say that )
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
well anyways so The thing is it is not the users fault to go into the park and obtain pokemon!
If someone is to blame then its the rangers (I love rangers-I don't mean this to offend you) So if Bee let it too easy its his fault not Sec's she never did anything wrong, she posted like she felt and bee accepted it.

Other than the fact that Sec is a guy...

I've got to agree that it's primarily the Ranger's fault for letting crappy posts slide. I think it would be helpful to give Ranger's some guidelines (in the new National Park) and that would hopefully eliminate the issue of people pulling a few sentences together and catching a Scyther/Porygon/Riolu/ etc. At least I know that when I became a ranger, I had no idea how nice/mean I should be in Rangering, and I'm sure there's other people who had the same dilema.

I'm not saying that the trainer should slide either, that person should know that 3-5 sentences (or whatever is the problem) isn't going to cut it for a rarer pokemon.

I can understand the argument coming from both sides. I think that if someone got a pokemon with no effort what so ever then they should have never gotten it in the first place and so people shouldn't be complaining. I'm not a victim here (thank goodness) so obviously if I'm speaking out of turn, that's why. ^.^"

Basically I'm saying that before the NP opens up again (if it ever does) there needs to be guidelines that rangers should follow. I would agree with some vague character count/post count guidelines per rank.

Last edited by Eeveedude; 06-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post

No I know, and I wasn't blaming Sec, I was just saying that how he obtained them wasn't fair IMO and not difficult enough, even if he was creative.

And I love how everyone says they need guidelines and that that's the reason this is all screwed up, yet they've been here for god knows how long. Especially the end of the post, where there's guidelines for post length and amount.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Fair points stinky, I actually admitted to getting the pokemon easily and unfairly, and I do want to See the park change, infact I think I provide the longest critique o it so far in this thread! It's not that we don't wanthe park change its that we don't want the way problems like this are fixed changed. There was nothing wrong with the old way and it worked just fine. Irregardless of what I think about this decision though, I thought my solution was fair for boh sides. We did do enough work to earn lower level pokemon and they would make up for the things that we aren't being compensated for. We get proper compensation for our time and money and you guys get the rare pokemon removed. Everybody wins.