Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Bumblebee16's Avatar
Bumblebee16 Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Patroling Cybertron™
Posts: 5,995
Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Excuse me? I seem to be missing your point. Why should a Trainer's chances to catch a pokemon be diminished because of the person in charge of him/her? Or did I read it wrong? Because sure it looks like this.
I was suggesting that because of the comments on the Rangers not putting enough effort into their posts and them just 'giving' Pokemon, like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Also, when a battle is initiated, battling skills should be observed. For example, a Ranger having a wild Pokemon do stupid moves throughout is just stupid.
...is what I meant, but I see what you mean now.
__________________
|VPP Stats©°|-|URPG Stats®°|-
If you can do a story deal, I can make it worth your time
|"A driver doesn't pick the car, the car picks the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine."™°|

  #47  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Fierce Deity's Avatar
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,700
Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Not completely related, but whatever.

How about we make it so a wild Pokemon cannot be simply avoided? There should only be a low chance, 25% or so that it simply walks away. Otherwise, a battle will be initiated. From what I can see, the problem occurs partly because RPers can simply say "Wow this mon looks good but I'm not looking for it, kthx" and move on.
You shouldn't be forced to catch a Pokemon you have no interest in.
__________________
URPG
POL Stats

WAR XI Team: .
  #48  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Wrave Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: The National Park

My view on this is that, I feel that the Park should be a place where people who don't have the time to throw out a 10K story to still be able to get the mon they need.
  #49  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Phantom Kat's Avatar
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my strretchy pants
Posts: 5,018
Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
My view on this is that, I feel that the Park should be a place where people who don't have the time to throw out a 10K story to still be able to get the mon they need.
Who says you have to write 10K all at once? If you don't have time to write 10K at the moment, write and work on it another time. Just because someone doesn't have the time to write doesn't mean the Pokemon should practically be given to them. If you don't have the time to battle, would you be allowed to just add a battle to your Pokemon? No, you wouldn't.

- Kat
__________________

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
  #50  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Lord Celebi's Avatar
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,318
Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
My view on this is that, I feel that the Park should be a place where people who don't have the time to throw out a 10K story to still be able to get the mon they need.
Translation: I don't want to do work, but I want to get Pokemon.

:<
  #51  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Mitsuzo-kun's Avatar
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post

You shouldn't be forced to catch a Pokemon you have no interest in.
Who says you have to catch them? :o
__________________
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

  #52  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Ataro's Avatar
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Location
Posts: 20,271
Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post

You shouldn't be forced to catch a Pokemon you have no interest in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
Who says you have to catch them? :o
Yeah, I don't mean that you're forced to capture them.

It's just the wild Pokemon will fight you and it's up to you, as the Trainer, to fend them off. I mean, c'mon, do we really expect every single wild Pokemon in the anime to be like "Oh, you're not looking for a Pokemon like me to capture? That's fine then. I'll just walk away". No, you saw them and in a way, you're disturbing them. There should be a high chance of battle being initiated. But lately, most or all RPs that I've seen are happening like what I've described.

Yeah, even if you think they'll walk off, I don't care. A fight should be initiated. >:O And if Whirlwind/Roar/etc. is used, the Ranger should have a way to combat it. Think of the Ranger as the wild Pokemon itself, in a less extreme way.
__________________
urpg stats . the ultra dex .
avatar image courtesy of emma-kins .
  #53  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Wrave Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Who says you have to write 10K all at once? If you don't have time to write 10K at the moment, write and work on it another time. Just because someone doesn't have the time to write doesn't mean the Pokemon should practically be given to them. If you don't have the time to battle, would you be allowed to just add a battle to your Pokemon? No, you wouldn't.

- Kat
I am lucky to get on for maybe 1 hour a day at home. I AIM battle most of the time and those only take 5-10 minutes. I think for pokemon like Z, Spiritomb, and other pokemon like that should only be available through stories. Put mon's like Machop, Mankey, Burmy, and pokemon like that in there instead.
  #54  
Old 05-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Phantom Kat's Avatar
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my strretchy pants
Posts: 5,018
Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrave View Post
I am lucky to get on for maybe 1 hour a day at home. I AIM battle most of the time and those only take 5-10 minutes. I think for pokemon like Z, Spiritomb, and other pokemon like that should only be available through stories. Put mon's like Machop, Mankey, Burmy, and pokemon like that in there instead.
You're not the only one who has a limited time on the computer.

There shouln't be a reason to limit the Pokemon in the park. That's not the problem people are discussing. The problem that is being discussed that most of these high-leveled Pokemon are getting captured through little effort. If some things are reworked in the Park, it's possible that high-leveled Pokemon can be captured and nobody will dispute that the trainer didn't deserve this Pokemon.

- Kat
__________________

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
  #55  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 AM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Not completely related, but whatever.

How about we make it so a wild Pokemon cannot be simply avoided? There should only be a low chance, 25% or so that it simply walks away. Otherwise, a battle will be initiated. From what I can see, the problem occurs partly because RPers can simply say "Wow this mon looks good but I'm not looking for it, kthx" and move on. That's a reason why catching rare Pokemon in the Park tend to be easier and without any hiccups.

Also, when a battle is initiated, battling skills should be observed. For example, a Ranger having a wild Pokemon do stupid moves throughout is just stupid.
Hm... I see what you're saying there, and I like the idea of not letting a trainer get away without making any effort. That's why I said the part about interacting with the Pokemon and all that stuff.

bear in mind, however, that the Park as it already is takes months to complete- unless you're lucky and the ranger instantly gives you the Pokemon you want- so forcing people to battle everything may not be exactly good. True enough, enforcing this rule shouldn't be that bad.

@Bee: for the stupid moves part, blame it on the ranger. They have freedom on what the Pokemon does, and sometimes are bound to the Nature of the Pokemon (though I don't really see that come in play often). For example, adamant Pokemon won't easily acknowledge their move is failing and may keep trying to do that. Naive would, well, be naive and not know/take in consideration aspects of the opponent, and so on.

That, of course, if a Ranger is doing his job properly. Imho, it seems most of the blame is on the rangers that have low standards, and won't even wonder at the fairness of 3 rare/special that have appeared to only one trainer.
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
  #56  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Dog of Hellsing's Avatar
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: *Smacks with Zanpakuto* STALKER!
Posts: 8,768
Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: The National Park

Blame work for my absence, plus an abysmal increase in IRL problems and having to take five Trainers through the Park @ BMG @__@...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
However, the question does still stand - is quality judged at all?
Quality SHOULD be one of the most important factors when it comes to the Park. The quality, NOT the quantity, is what Rangers should be looking at. Basic grammar, decent spelling, and all that other stuff is one thing that contributes to quality, and though we have no strict rules about it, everyone should use common sense in that regard. If a post has blatantly horrible grammar or very poor spelling, then it needs to be addressed appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Uh-huh. Luck. That's actually part of the whole damn problem, Marth. The fact that it is so ridiculously luck-based is complete hogwash. What's more, you saw this gaping hole and decided it was better to just take all those free P-Z's and wait for everyone to notice, rather than bring it to someone's attention, and actually, y'know, try to fix the problem. Considering that you're an Official and a Ranger, that's rather disgusting behavior.

Also, I second everything that Emma said. If the Park isn't fixed soon, I intend to make sure that it's closed until it is.
Someone rolled out of the wrong side of bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
You mean the whole "bunnying" flaw, right? Yeah , you didn't fail because of that "flaw". For everyone, the flaw is that the trainer in the scenario supposedly "bunnies" what happens. However, the trainer in question never said the Zap Cannon had failed, nor that his attacks had worked. The ranger in question - you - could have perfectly continued the RP to say Zap Cannon hit, or that bullet punch failed, or that protect didn't even work. That's up to the ranger to decide, and if the ranger rules it that way. AND EVEN THEN; if major bunnying was made, as a ranger taking the test, it was your duty to change what happened in the trainers post.
Quoting the Park Rules:
Trainers Can:
"-Control things that occur around them (to an extent)". The trainer in the test never said the zap cannon hit - or missed, or that his attacks worked.

But as I said, you didn't fail because of that flaw. You've been explained by Eraizaa about that. If he didn't, tell me and I shall elaborate.

Just one thing. Two, actually.
I'm supposed to be an elite ranger. And an official. Yet I believe there must be a lot of discussion going right now on the moderators forum on PE2K about the park (or so I hope). I can't see this conversation, and most probably, may be DG are participating on it. Jess is gone and Eraizaa, Sam and I can't view it. I'd like to know if there is such a conversation going on at this moment in the staff board @ pe2k.
The second one..where the hell is Jess?!.
Like I said, work and an overabundance of real-life bullcrap to tend to has left me with little time for running the Park. I apologize for this ^^'

ANYWAYS, I think one thing people aren't taking into account here is the capture rolls, and the fact that catching rarer Pokemon is harder even if you do a great job on your posts and such. People who do a very good job, however, are much more likely to catch a rare Pokemon than those who do a poor job, because doing a better job gives a better bonus. Other factors include what, if any, status conditions a Pokemon may have.

At any rate, I think the easiest thing to implement will be a minimum character requirement. The character limit that someone mentioned earlier is NOT, as I've said numerous times (and is explained in the same post the limits are listed) a requirement, but a GUIDELINE, intended for use if a Trainer was doing poorly. Obviously, Rangers are not using this, most likely because they have a choice. I think it might be time to make it mandatory.

As for doing extra rolls and then picking the Mon based on a Trainer's efforts, meh. We'd need more than 20 rolls, as was suggested some time ago. Five more rolls may give you all Common Mon, or it may give you all Rare and Intermediate. Doesn't much help when you need more Common Mon to appear. We could always set a limit on each Rank; perhaps a Ranger rolls for 10 Common, 7 Uncommon, 5 Intermediate, 3 Rare, 2 Special, and 1 Legend? The Ranger can then mix and match Ranks and Mon to cater to the Trainer's current effort level. Of course, these numbers can be tweaked. Of course, for Trainers who are doing a very good job, maybe a Ranger can swap a Common Mon for an Intermediate one or something (this could only be done if an Official/Mod witnesses or something, to keep Rangers from randomly swapping out Mon to suit their friends or whatever).

Perhaps by combining this and the minimum character requirement, we can ensure Trainers get what they're putting the effort our for. Either way, I have to say I'm getting tired of posts where people only complain about the current situation and offer no suggestions to help. I'm also irritated of seeing everyone post "SHUT IT DOWN AND REWORK IT" and again giving absolutely no helpful criticism. Seriously, if you're not going to add anything useful, don't post.
__________________
Paired with Shen, the most epic Bleach fan around :3
URPG Stats/National Park Info/Coordinator Stats

^Rock Musical Bleach^
  #57  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Eeveedude's Avatar
Eeveedude Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: pshh, You'd like to know. >=O
Posts: 2,884
Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
bear in mind, however, that the Park as it already is takes months to complete- unless you're lucky and the ranger instantly gives you the Pokemon you want- so forcing people to battle everything may not be exactly good.
^this

I've been in my RP for probably around 3 months and I'm in the middle of catching my second pokemon. If we had to fight even half of the encounters then it would take a year just to get through the park. ._.

Obviously there are people that get lucky and gets a ranger to post quickly and on time. I can only talk from my own experience in which case battling every encounter even if you don't want it is a bad idea. Plus it would get super boring super quickly. O.O
__________________
~/||\~
Ask me to Ref if you see me online!
  #58  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
DarkGardevoir's Avatar
DarkGardevoir Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hidden in my avatar
Posts: 5,618
Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveedude View Post
^this

I've been in my RP for probably around 3 months and I'm in the middle of catching my second pokemon. If we had to fight even half of the encounters then it would take a year just to get through the park. ._.

Obviously there are people that get lucky and gets a ranger to post quickly and on time. I can only talk from my own experience in which case battling every encounter even if you don't want it is a bad idea. Plus it would get super boring super quickly. O.O
well, you wouldn't be required to fight all of them off. Just that simply saying "let's run away" won't likely work. You can build a smokescreen, or confuse the opponent, trap it in the ground, distract it long enough etc. Effort should be rewarded, and this way would be as good as any to check the trainer's quality.

Obviously, we can always sell items to enhance your chances of running away (but with some chance of backfiring. Possibly spectacularily).
__________________
My quotes


Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
  #59  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Eeveedude's Avatar
Eeveedude Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: pshh, You'd like to know. >=O
Posts: 2,884
Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
well, you wouldn't be required to fight all of them off. Just that simply saying "let's run away" won't likely work. You can build a smokescreen, or confuse the opponent, trap it in the ground, distract it long enough etc. Effort should be rewarded, and this way would be as good as any to check the trainer's quality.

Obviously, we can always sell items to enhance your chances of running away (but with some chance of backfiring. Possibly spectacularily).
Oooh, that makes much more sense. xD Carry on. :P
__________________
~/||\~
Ask me to Ref if you see me online!
  #60  
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Bumblebee16's Avatar
Bumblebee16 Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Patroling Cybertron™
Posts: 5,995
Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Obviously, we can always sell items to enhance your chances of running away (but with some chance of backfiring. Possibly spectacularily).
We already sell the Poke-dolls, just saying, but I guess we can roll for a chance to not work.
__________________
|VPP Stats©°|-|URPG Stats®°|-
If you can do a story deal, I can make it worth your time
|"A driver doesn't pick the car, the car picks the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine."™°|

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com