Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: New Ref Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer View Post
Hey everyone I have a suggestion.

Ok, I just failed my re-test (hehe ^^;;) and well, I'm not quite sure if a 7-day waiting period is really necessary. URPG has a shortage of refs, and I think waiting a week for a re-test seems unnecessary. 3 days should be sufficient enough for waiting and studying. Then again, this is just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows ref test's are much harder than actual reffing, they're meant to confuse.

I'm sure even senior refs would make a mistake or two in them, 7 days is a little too long.
If everyone gets to get their retest in 3 days time, I'm sure all of our ref testers would ragequit their duties due to the overload of work.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Hey everyone I have a suggestion.

Ok, I just failed my re-test (hehe ^^;;) and well, I'm not quite sure if a 7-day waiting period is really necessary. URPG has a shortage of refs, and I think waiting a week for a re-test seems unnecessary. 3 days should be sufficient enough for waiting and studying. Then again, this is just me.

I don't know where everyone keeps getting the idea that we have a shortage of referees. I'm not saying more wouldn't be nice, but we're not in such dire need of more than we should allow unqualified people to pass. If you failed your ref test, you should see it as a good thing that you've got time to improve and you're not passed when you're not ready. But yeah, seven days isn't exactly a life-time, it's only a week. Instead of complaining that it's a long time, use the time you've spent complaining on something more productive, like practising for your retest. You might find that you actually improve. Shocking, right?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Flammenwerfer Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows ref test's are much harder than actual reffing, they're meant to confuse.

I'm sure even senior refs would make a mistake or two in them, 7 days is a little too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
I don't know where everyone keeps getting the idea that we have a shortage of referees. I'm not saying more wouldn't be nice, but we're not in such dire need of more than we should allow unqualified people to pass. If you failed your ref test, you should see it as a good thing that you've got time to improve and you're not passed when you're not ready. But yeah, seven days isn't exactly a life-time, it's only a week. Instead of complaining that it's a long time, use the time you've spent complaining on something more productive, like practising for your retest. You might find that you actually improve. Shocking, right?
Jackson, this was merely a suggestion, you didn't have to be so rude about it. Like Masami said, tricks are always thrown in, and different referees use different tactics. Most of the things that people get wrong aren't stats and the ilk, but things such as forgetting to ask for genders and noticing that a move was about to be used wasn't learnable by a Pokemon after looking it up. And yes, there isn't a shortage of refs per se, but there is a shortage of active referees. Especially since BMG.

Now, if anyone has any kind of issue with this, then please, just treat is as a suggestion, not "complaining".
Old 05-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse

Quote:
And yes, there isn't a shortage of refs per se, but there is a shortage of active referees. Especially since BMG.
Sorry, but, to be honest I think there has been more activity in reffing since BMG; Ex: ST.

And in any case I thought this was a congratulatory thread for Pidge, Shroomy, and ST and suggest taking your complaint 'suggestions' elsewhere. :]

So congrats you guys again on making this achievement.

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 05-14-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

Grats bro, pidge good to see you on something besides live, Adrenaline...

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net