Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
I don't suppose you mean running into the ground.

Even though I'm not as active as before, I can see a downward spiral here.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but honestly I only see Ataro doing things here and there. He's reffing, he's doing ref-tests, he's doing wages, I'm guessing he helps out at BMG and he's approving trades/mart purchases. Sure there are others that do these things, but anywhere I look, Ataro's name is the only one that sticks out. (and no, it's not because it's highlighted in orange)

I think there needs to be some more activity, the reffing section especially. If refs are what forms the base of the URPG, we need to do our jobs. Now, I know that it's almost the end of the school year and we all have our finals and AP testing, but honestly you can't use that to explain the lack of activity since January.

That's just my view. Good day :o
I take offense to that. I'm a perfectly active ref, tyvm.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Stinky's Avatar
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,794
Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but honestly I only see Ataro doing things here and there. He's reffing, he's doing ref-tests, he's doing wages, I'm guessing he helps out at BMG and he's approving trades/mart purchases. Sure there are others that do these things, but anywhere I look, Ataro's name is the only one that sticks out. (and no, it's not because it's highlighted in orange)
Have you even looked on BMG? ST's doing a lot of approving and reffing for them. Other officials and vets are posting why the BMGer's ideas (banning Scyther as a starter, for example) are not going to happen. Besides, do mart posts, trades, etc need to be approved right as they are posted? No. I mean yeah I'll do it if people ask me to but what do you expect us to do, sit at our computers and stare at the Mart waiting for a new post?

Quote:
I think there needs to be some more activity, the reffing section especially. If refs are what forms the base of the URPG, we need to do our jobs. Now, I know that it's almost the end of the school year and we all have our finals and AP testing, but honestly you can't use that to explain the lack of activity since January.
So, why don't you do something about it? Ask Nemo and FD to let you help train new refs, then there'll be more people to do their job. I understand yeah that some of the pressure falls on us ref testers to bring the new people into their positions (which I'll be able to do more of this weekend), but its a team effort; you can't expect us to do it all. :|
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,852
Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge of Amaranth View Post
Five pages at BMG, one page at Pe2K. By the time we got through the five pages at BMG, there were three pages at Pe2K. It has to do with the fact that we do what needs to be done with most urgency, and by the time that's over with, something else has built up on the other side. Also, the only really, really active graders at the moment are all new BMG members.

As to the refs: one out of every ten battlers that asks me to ref is a BMG member. It's not surprising that the Pe2K people can't find refs when they need them; BMGers are six times as active and far more prolific. Considering that there are... three remarkably active referees, I'd say the problem isn't in the preference of one forum over another.
This.

And if you're worried about requests/purchases/ect not getting approved, just ask any official via AIM (Like me? My computer is always signed on AIM, and if I'm not at the computer, I'll do it when I get back). It really isn't that hard.

I can't talk for the refs, but for as long as I can remember, URPG members have ALWAYS complained about the lack of active refs. It's just how it is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Xalapeno's Avatar
Xalapeno Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Not Soviet Russia
Posts: 4,016
Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
I take offense to that. I'm a perfectly active ref, tyvm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
Sure there are others that do these things, but anywhere I look, Ataro's name is the only one that sticks out. (and no, it's not because it's highlighted in orange)
And....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
Have you even looked on BMG? ST's doing a lot of approving and reffing for them. Other officials and vets are posting why the BMGer's ideas (banning Scyther as a starter, for example) are not going to happen. Besides, do mart posts, trades, etc need to be approved right as they are posted? No. I mean yeah I'll do it if people ask me to but what do you expect us to do, sit at our computers and stare at the Mart waiting for a new post?

Yeah, the issue is not about BMG, its about PE2K and you are correct, they do not need to be approved the instant they are posted, but they also don't need to wait 3+ days. (I am reffering to the trade thread)


So, why don't you do something about it? Ask Nemo and FD to let you help train new refs, then there'll be more people to do their job. I understand yeah that some of the pressure falls on us ref testers to bring the new people into their positions (which I'll be able to do more of this weekend), but its a team effort; you can't expect us to do it all. :|

Like I said in my previous post, I'm not as active as I used to be, nor do I plan to remain as active and even if I did train new would-be-refs, I am not a ref-tester and it really comes down to you guys to decide who passes and who doesn't.
kthx

EDIT: When I am online, I'll most likely be reffing for BMGers, so yeah.....
__________________
VPP GYM URPG RAWR

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.

Last edited by Xalapeno; 05-12-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-15-2010, 04:18 AM
GreenRampage's Avatar
GreenRampage Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Not a fun place
Posts: 2,152
Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Wtf?

Huh?

I actually don't understand why this has to be BMG exclusive =o?

Can't there just be like separate tournaments/auctions? Everything else basically isn't effected by how long a members been a part of URPG

Like this auction is for BMG only then this ones for all etc etc?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
Also I'd like to know the opinion of a member of Pe2k who is not a part of the URPG seeing this thread
Well, I haven’t touched the URPG in over three years, so I get I somewhat count. I’ve seen this thread before, but never replied to it. Anyway, if anyone cares, here is my view of the whole situation.

The URPG’s induction into BulbaGarden was not to only broaden the URPG’s horizons. It was to save it, and I understand Harry’s intentions for doing this. PE2K has become a sinking ship of a forum, and if in the event that PE2K collapses, BulbaGarden is the URPG’s lifeboat. Before the introduction of the URPG to BulbaGarden, the URPG solely depended on a few critical members. If something happened to them, the damage to the URPG would have been drastic and possibly fatal. Now, with BulbaGarden, the URPG has a solid safety net. Its no longer a matter of if PE2K will die off, its now a matter of when. We’ve already lost all hope of hosting another War or Team RP around here. Considering how nicely the URPG was brought to BulbaGarden, I only wish I had as much success finding a new and stable place for our bored RPers to go to, but lately my luck has been atrocious when it comes to that.

Now, some of you may think my opinion about the URPG isn’t worth crap if I haven’t even been in it for a long time, which is understandable, but I thought I would mention this anyway. I’ve seen this happening all over PE2K. We’re losing our RP section, our fan fiction section, our art section, and so on. Its to the point where these sections maybe only have two or three posts a day, a massive decease considering how it used to be only a few years ago. This domino effect has also affected the PE2K War and Team RP, two forum-wide events that helped PE2K bolster interest and activity. Now, they have completely dropped dead and are impossible to run with so few members. This damages activity around here even more as members become more and more bored and instead go off to do other things. Harry and everyone else that made the migration to BulbaGarden smooth and efficient made the right move to save the URPG. Sorry to say, guys, but it really doesn’t have much of a future here.

I’ll be honest, I’ve been here for six long years, and I’ve never seen things get this bad before.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

It's quite simple: BMG is way more active then Pe2k, so the focus will be directed towards BMG, obviously. Anyways, BMG is still in it's young URPG stage, so it needs more attention directed towards it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Scourge of Amaranth's Avatar
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I swear I'm not
Posts: 1,627
Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRampage View Post
Wtf?

Huh?

I actually don't understand why this has to be BMG exclusive =o?

Can't there just be like separate tournaments/auctions? Everything else basically isn't effected by how long a members been a part of URPG

Like this auction is for BMG only then this ones for all etc etc?
At this point, not even the highest grossing BMGers don't have anywhere near enough money to stand up against the Pe2K oldies who often have 40 - 100k floating around in their banks. Six newbies who can't stand up against the oldies is one thing; a few hundred newbies is another thing. This'll probably start getting more integrated once the playing field is more level.
__________________

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-15-2010, 12:59 PM
GreenRampage's Avatar
GreenRampage Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Not a fun place
Posts: 2,152
Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

I understand that which is why I said separate auctions for BMG members only and then everyone because anyone who's been to an auction knows that some of the mons sell for like 5k >>

I'm just saying I see a trend and if any of the regular events get given to them exclusively I'm gunna be all =[
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Stinky's Avatar
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,794
Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
Yeah, the issue is not about BMG, its about PE2K and you are correct, they do not need to be approved the instant they are posted, but they also don't need to wait 3+ days. (I am reffering to the trade thread)
If anyone had asked I'm sure it would've been done, officials don't really go around and approve stuff for fun. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
even if I did train new would-be-refs, I am not a ref-tester and it really comes down to you guys to decide who passes and who doesn't.
kthx
Irrelevant. Nemo and FD aren't ref testers and they're training new refs. You can't expect the ref testers to do all the work, that's just unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
EDIT: When I am online, I'll most likely be reffing for BMGers, so yeah.....
So you're complaining about how people are ignoring PE2K but then you go do it yourself? Very nice.

Also Marshy that will not be a trend; I don't even know where that came from. But, events that are given to one forum should be given to the other forum (there will probably exceptions, yes, but only with good reason).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Iridium's Avatar
Iridium Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: India
Posts: 4,712
Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge of Amaranth View Post
At this point, not even the highest grossing BMGers don't have anywhere near enough money to stand up against the Pe2K oldies who often have 40 - 100k floating around in their banks. Six newbies who can't stand up against the oldies is one thing; a few hundred newbies is another thing. This'll probably start getting more integrated once the playing field is more level.
I really don't see why this has to be BMG exclusive. Pe2k's who've joined after 15th April should be allowed too.

I've posted in that thread as well...
__________________


<3
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Scourge of Amaranth's Avatar
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I swear I'm not
Posts: 1,627
Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
I really don't see why this has to be BMG exclusive. Pe2k's who've joined after 15th April should be allowed too.

I've posted in that thread as well...
See the thread above this one and read the information more thoroughly. :/
__________________

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Xalapeno's Avatar
Xalapeno Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Not Soviet Russia
Posts: 4,016
Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
Irrelevant. Nemo and FD aren't ref testers and they're training new refs. You can't expect the ref testers to do all the work, that's just unfair.

I didn't say you had to do the work (as in teaching them), I said do the work as in ref testing them.

So you're complaining about how people are ignoring PE2K but then you go do it yourself? Very nice.

Well if you cared to check, you'd see I've been reffing forum battles. So much for that.
4 word rule... word.
__________________
VPP GYM URPG RAWR

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Masami Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Im British, Its not a big deal.
Posts: 898
Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: I support PE2K's URPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Well, I haven’t touched the URPG in over three years, so I get I somewhat count. I’ve seen this thread before, but never replied to it. Anyway, if anyone cares, here is my view of the whole situation.

The URPG’s induction into BulbaGarden was not to only broaden the URPG’s horizons. It was to save it, and I understand Harry’s intentions for doing this. PE2K has become a sinking ship of a forum, and if in the event that PE2K collapses, BulbaGarden is the URPG’s lifeboat. Before the introduction of the URPG to BulbaGarden, the URPG solely depended on a few critical members. If something happened to them, the damage to the URPG would have been drastic and possibly fatal. Now, with BulbaGarden, the URPG has a solid safety net. Its no longer a matter of if PE2K will die off, its now a matter of when. We’ve already lost all hope of hosting another War or Team RP around here. Considering how nicely the URPG was brought to BulbaGarden, I only wish I had as much success finding a new and stable place for our bored RPers to go to, but lately my luck has been atrocious when it comes to that.

Now, some of you may think my opinion about the URPG isn’t worth crap if I haven’t even been in it for a long time, which is understandable, but I thought I would mention this anyway. I’ve seen this happening all over PE2K. We’re losing our RP section, our fan fiction section, our art section, and so on. Its to the point where these sections maybe only have two or three posts a day, a massive decease considering how it used to be only a few years ago. This domino effect has also affected the PE2K War and Team RP, two forum-wide events that helped PE2K bolster interest and activity. Now, they have completely dropped dead and are impossible to run with so few members. This damages activity around here even more as members become more and more bored and instead go off to do other things. Harry and everyone else that made the migration to BulbaGarden smooth and efficient made the right move to save the URPG. Sorry to say, guys, but it really doesn’t have much of a future here.

I’ll be honest, I’ve been here for six long years, and I’ve never seen things get this bad before.
Saving the URPG is a little overdramatic, don't you think.

In addition, Lifeboats shouldn't pack all the heat of the entire vessel.

I do agree on pe2k failing, but that doesn't mean the URPG should turn to BMG and give them everything. I and alot of others have been URPGers for many years, and now we've been abandoned.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com