Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

WOW, Pe2k is full of arrogant, immature peeps...

You're making a big deal over this? You dind't even answer his question, just start dogging at him? Friggin' Idiots.

I think Tyranitar would have the portential to be Uber, just as Garchomp is, If it wasn't for the 4x fighting weakness, I know Garchomp has a 4x Ice weakness, but it outspeeds most of those Ice mons and KOs them.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Simple answer: no. It's not uber.
You realize that there are people that analyze the OU metagame over on smogon, and here, and you think nobody has ever thought: "Hey, Tyranitar's really good. I wonder if it's too good?".
The reason it's not uber is because of the weakness to steel, the horrific weakness to fighting, and how steel and fighting are some of the most common types of moves in OU.
Try and remember to bring your common sense with you next time. If you want I could go into detail, do some calcs, etc and reveal the faults in your theory some more, but I don't think you want me to do that.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Tyranitar is not very good in ubers, nor does he dominate the ou metagame. His ability often conflicts with drizzle and drought and is the only reason why you'd want to use him in ubers in the first place. Also, hippowdon has the same ability so it's not like ss teams are dependant in using it. Lastly, so much of the ou metagame is immune to ss damage, that many times, it's doing nothing. Sandstorm doesn't give any pseudostab boosts or speed boosts to any abilities that über weather does.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:30 AM
mankey_backsprite Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post

What is it for? Judging by other people's posts, I'm guessing your jumping on the "grrrCHOMP is a troll!" bandwagon. So it's fine and dandy if Near calls me stupid, but the instant I retaliate and call him stupid, it's trolling? Wow.
I actually assumed you were trolling because this is an assanine topic that is completely ludacris because Tar is nowhere near uber material for a billion reasons. Namely, he has weaknesses to: Steel, Ground, Water, Grass, Fighting and Bug and takes Neutral damage from alot of stuff. Everything listed above bar Bug are very common attacking types in OU so he is in check in many ways. You are a troll or completely ******* stupid if you honestly believe Tyranitar is Uber material. Also you contradicted yourself several times as pointed out in a post on the first page and you said that moving a pokemon to the uber tier somehow makes it better, so yeah, you tell me why people are making fun of you.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:34 PM
pkmnrulz Offline

tyranitar suffers from too many weaknesses, almost like celebi. in the ubers basically everything counters him from mewtwo( grass knot), kyogre( water attacks), palkia ( surf/ hydro pump), groudon ( eq), rayquaza(eq), garchomp(eq), and a bunch of others. if he ever does (which he won't) he will have trouble with so many weaknesses.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

so what i'm wondering is why we can't mix tiers?

like the NU pokes Dustox and what-not in the OU and still dominate. i'm sure its been done.

so why can't the poor kid just use his Tyranitar in his Uber team and just get wiped. or whatever. honestly it shouldn't make a difference what he uses as long as its not ridiculous.

like a OU tier battle and grrrCHOMP uses his UBER team or something.

ya... tossing the shovel.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM
LittleOne Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Tyranitar's Sand Stream ability multiplies his special defense by 1.5, thereby giving him an effective base stat total of 650, almost as much as the 680 Pokemon. What's more, Sand Stream is a broken ability, as it causes a permanent whether effect on the field. People say that if Luvdisc had the Drizzle ability it would become Uber. Why should it be any different for Tyranitar? Also, if Tyranitar were Uber, then I could use him in conjunction with Garchomp (my favorite Pokemon) on my Ubers team so that Garchomp could utilize its Sand Stream ability. As it stands, however, Tyranitar is stuck in OU, so I can't use him on my Ubers team.
lol you're an idiot. This convo should be closed.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Grimowl Offline

Wow, I remembered this forum as much nicer. What happened?

Anyways, I agree. The base argument for keeping him in OU is that he'd be a bad über.

OU is THE most competitively played tier. There's absolutely no doubt about it, it's the most used, period. Thus, by logic, it's the tier to balance around.

Tyranitar is either an overpowered OU or a relatively bad über. Now, what's best - to let a pokemon dominate the most competitive tier or to let it have reduced appearance in a rarely played one? As much as I think Tyranitar is an awesome pokemon that I loved on my newbteam back in the good ol' Gold/Silver/Crystal days, as a competitive player I really dislike the idea of pokemon dominating. I've been arguing for several of the most OU pokemons since Garchomp arrived and several RSE ubers became OU, and I'm going to keep on. Ruins the diversity of teams once seen:/
Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 PM
MrX-RubyGamer Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to MrX-RubyGamer

Tyranitar should NOT be an uber, due to the fact that..... most "Ubers" that are classified "ubers" on PE2K dont have either evolved forms or pre-evovled forms.. they are "legendaries"

PEARL FC: 3868 4880 7011
Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

*Head-desk* *head-desk*

Quote:
Anyways, I agree. The base argument for keeping him in OU is that he'd be a bad über.
No, the argument for keeping him in OU is that he is no way broken or centralising in the OU metagame. Tyranitar's strong and all, but virtually any well built team can handle him.

Quote:
OU is THE most competitively played tier. There's absolutely no doubt about it, it's the most used, period. Thus, by logic, it's the tier to balance around.
Actually both OU and UU receive equal attention in terms of suspect testing and ensuring the tier is stable. When Smogon, the guys who've determined the tiers we've played by for the entire fourth generation, announce the opportunity for suspect nominations and testing in UU, there's equal levels of participation to the OU noms/testing.

Quote:
Tyranitar is either an overpowered OU or a relatively bad über.
Nope, he's neither.

Quote:
Now, what's best - to let a pokemon dominate the most competitive tier or to let it have reduced appearance in a rarely played one
You'd have a point if Tyranitar was dominating, but he isn't.

Quote:
I've been arguing for several of the most OU pokemons since Garchomp
If they're broken, then that's fine, but the idea that a pokemon should be removed from the OverUsed tier just because you think it's overused is pretty stupid.

Quote:
Ruins the diversity of teams once seen:/
So? Metagames are not built around encouraging creativity or diversity, they're built around creating staple environments for competitive play to undergo. Unfortunately in any competitive environment there are going to become preferred techniques or strategies that are used by the majority. Pokemon's no different.

Quote:
Tyranitar should NOT be an uber, due to the fact that..... most "Ubers" that are classified "ubers" on PE2K dont have either evolved forms or pre-evovled forms.. they are "legendaries"
Neither of these things have anything to do with how tiering is decided.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
White_Rabbit Offline

Send a message via AIM to White_Rabbit

Quote:
And? You made a spelling error, but you don't see me criticizing you over that. And all of those "controdictions" were just your own misunderstandings of what I was saying.
how very kind.

Quote:
I misspelled "contradiction" on purpose to criticize how shinyshuckle had misspelled the word "contradicted." Geez, some people here sure are dense, and then they have the gall to call me stupid...
but you just said you wasn't gonna criticize Shucky!

Quote:
What is it for? Judging by other people's posts, I'm guessing your jumping on the "grrrCHOMP is a troll!" bandwagon. So it's fine and dandy if Near calls me stupid, but the instant I retaliate and call him stupid, it's trolling? Wow.
well your name does kind of stand out. i suggest you change it to something a little less obvious.

Quote:
Thank you. And thanks to all the other people in this thread who actually helped me instead of calling me names.
it takes two to tango
Old 01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Kenny Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

TTar is pretty good, especially with a scarf, but he is not Uber.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
TTar is pretty good, especially with a scarf, but he is not Uber.
Thank you for posting on an old thread.