Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
grrrCHOMP Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyshuckle View Post
You've controdicted your self so many times. Its really really funny.
And? You made a spelling error, but you don't see me criticizing you over that. And all of those "controdictions" were just your own misunderstandings of what I was saying.
  #17  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 PM
shinyshuckle's Avatar
shinyshuckle Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,286
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
And? You made a spelling error, but you don't see me criticizing you over that. And all of those "controdictions" were just your own misunderstandings of what I was saying.
Not critizing me about my spelling by pointing out my one spelling error? You said one thing and then another that require two completely different truths to be correct. You can't say that the tier change makes them better, and then that the tier change doesn't make them better and blame it on my misunderstanding.
__________________


Pokemon White FC:1979-0607-6887
  #18  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:27 PM
grrrCHOMP Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Whatever. I know I'm right; I don't need to argue with you.
  #19  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Latisiblings's Avatar
Latisiblings Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Onett
Posts: 697
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Hehe, I agree with shinyshuckle. Why don't you make your point clear so others can try to discuss about it?
__________________
Sad death of my old clan, T.E.C. 4/26/2010

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
  #20  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 PM
grrrCHOMP Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Hehe, I agree with shinyshuckle. Why don't you make your point clear so others can try to discuss about it?
My point was that I was trying to find out whether or not Tyranitar was "Uber-quality" so that I could know whether or not he would be a good fit for my Ubers team. I don't know why so many people have had so much trouble understanding this point.
  #21  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
lu1z's Avatar
lu1z Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Looking through your window
Posts: 3,551
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
My point was that I was trying to find out whether or not Tyranitar was "Uber-quality" so that I could know whether or not he would be a good fit for my Ubers team. I don't know why so many people have had so much trouble understanding this point.

Well ill try to see if i can help this guy decide what he wants.

T-tar is not commonly seen in Ubers, his 'broken' ability like you say helps Uber Pokemon like Dialga to get a SpDef boost because Ubers is more special oriented.

T-tar is not used in Ubers also because almost every thing carries AuraSphere or a Figthing move. ScarfTar is practically outspeed by Deoxys and he packs SuperPower which T-tar will never survive. If im not mistaken Darkrai also outspeed and after a NastyPlot is good game to T-tar.

So basically T-tar doesnt stand much change in Ubers because other Pokes would not let him shine like in OU and would never be Uber.
__________________
Wifi Record: Pending till further notice.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
  #22  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Master Aqua's Avatar
Master Aqua Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 8,969
Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Well ill try to see if i can help this guy decide what he wants.

T-tar is not commonly seen in Ubers, his 'broken' ability like you say helps Uber Pokemon like Dialga to get a SpDef boost because Ubers is more special oriented.

T-tar is not used in Ubers also because almost every thing carries AuraSphere or a Figthing move. ScarfTar is practically outspeed by Deoxys and he packs SuperPower which T-tar will never survive. If im not mistaken Darkrai also outspeed and after a NastyPlot is good game to T-tar.

So basically T-tar doesnt stand much change in Ubers because other Pokes would not let him shine like in OU and would never be Uber.
only arceus and tyraintar are the only pokemon viable in ubers getting a special defence boost, it effects the rock type only.
  #23  
Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
lu1z's Avatar
lu1z Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Looking through your window
Posts: 3,551
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
only arceus and tyraintar are the only pokemon viable in ubers getting a special defence boost, it effects the rock type only.
Didnt Steel, Ground and Rock get the boost?


And if its only Rock is true that they are the only ones that get the boost.
__________________
Wifi Record: Pending till further notice.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
  #24  
Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Shadow From The Deep's Avatar
Shadow From The Deep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
I guess you could use OU "mons" in Ubers, but it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. It would be like trying to use an NU like Dustox in an OU battle. However, if Tyranitar was bumped up to Ubers, then it would be much more reasonable. So I think you're the stupid one here, not me.
I understand your point, but what are you trying to say here? How would bumping him up to Ubers make it more reasonable to use him in Ubers? If Tyranitar is in OU or Ubers it's still Tyranitar no matter how you look at it. I know your just asking for our opinion on if he should be moved or not, but I'm saying moving him up to Ubers wouldn't make him do any better than he would if he's in OU.
__________________
Vpp HoF

Hatch: 1545
Pikachu: 1590
Raichu: 1650
Done: 1830




__________________
  #25  
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 AM
mankey_backsprite's Avatar
mankey_backsprite Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

np: Litzsomania - Phoenix
  #26  
Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
mankey_backsprite's Avatar
mankey_backsprite Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
And? You made a spelling error, but you don't see me criticizing you over that. And all of those "controdictions" were just your own misunderstandings of what I was saying.
Contradiction*

Also, to make a relavent post, no Tyranitar should not be bumped. It is easily countered and checked in many ways. Its Sp.Def boost is countered by other weather conditions but it also dies to Scizor. Ubers is a ban tier and pokemon don't just go there until they are severely broken, like Wobboffet, Deoxy-s', Manaphy, etc.
  #27  
Old 05-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Dark_Azelf's Avatar
Dark_Azelf Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lurking ^_^
Posts: 867
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
Whatever. I know I'm bad; I can't argue with you.
Anywho

-looks at username-

-looks at bad in thread-



Really this shouldn't need to be pointed out, NO ONE is this dumb lol
__________________
Records Gen 4;
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
  #28  
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 AM
mankey_backsprite's Avatar
mankey_backsprite Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
I guess you could use OU "mons" in Ubers, but it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. It would be like trying to use an NU like Dustox in an OU battle. However, if Tyranitar was bumped up to Ubers, then it would be much more reasonable. So I think you're the stupid one here, not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
It would be like trying to use an NU like Dustox in an OU battle. However, if Tyranitar was bumped up to Ubers, then it would be much more reasonable. So I think you're the stupid one here, not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
However, if Tyranitar was bumped up to Ubers, then it would be much more reasonable. So I think you're the stupid one here, not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
So I think you're the stupid one here, not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
the stupid one here
I just found out what this thread is for.
  #29  
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
NTT's Avatar
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 190
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
People say that if Luvdisc had the Drizzle ability it would become Uber
I stopped reading there. Obvious troll is obvios, but just in case;

TTar isn't uber. He can function in ubers but is no way broken in OU. And sand stream affects the actual stat value, not the base stat. It's SpDef is better than that of a base 150 stat. RestTalk Tar used to be one of the most popular special Walls in the japanese metagame apparently.
__________________

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
  #30  
Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
grrrCHOMP Offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Does anyone else think Tyranitar should be bumped up to Uber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankey_backsprite View Post
Contradiction*
I misspelled "contradiction" on purpose to criticize how shinyshuckle had misspelled the word "contradicted." Geez, some people here sure are dense, and then they have the gall to call me stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankey_backsprite View Post
I just found out what this thread is for.
What is it for? Judging by other people's posts, I'm guessing your jumping on the "grrrCHOMP is a troll!" bandwagon. So it's fine and dandy if Near calls me stupid, but the instant I retaliate and call him stupid, it's trolling? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
TTar isn't uber. He can function in ubers but is no way broken in OU. And sand stream affects the actual stat value, not the base stat. It's SpDef is better than that of a base 150 stat. RestTalk Tar used to be one of the most popular special Walls in the japanese metagame apparently.
Thank you. And thanks to all the other people in this thread who actually helped me instead of calling me names.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com