Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Heart Gold and Soul Silver Too Easy?!?!

I think it's more because they had to work out the 16 gyms thing, and I have to agree, Claire gave me trouble because the only real ice type moves I had on my team came from my red Gyrados, so I had to rely on her and my Weepinbell(or however you spell it) since Claire has a bunch of water-based Dragon types.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 06-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Zorua Offline
Amateur Trainer

EEEEEEAAAAASSSSSYYYYY. My Pokemon become overleveled too easy, I don't really have to do anything. I just battle every trainer, all the rockets, everyone in the gyms, all that good stuff. I only need three Pokemon. Squidward the Crocanaw, SpongeBob the Flaafy, and Plankton the Sudowoodo. I also have Gary the Gyarados, Mrs. Puff the Noctowl, and the soon-to-be Mr. Krabs the Ho-oh. The funny thing is, on my Soul Silver all my Pokemon were underleveled. But hey, who's complaining?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
xcolbs Offline
Master Trainer

I actually found some of the gym leaders to be a little more challenging than the ones in the original games...but only a little. I usually make sure my Pokemon are five levels higher than the gym leader's main Pokemon, so gym battles aren't usually a problem for me. However, the Elite Four was quite a challenge, which I enjoyed.

So, I wouldn't say the new games are easier, but certainly a little more challenging. There's definitely more strategy involved, that's for sure.

venusaurfancier
VPP ~ URPG ~ DEVIANTART

Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Roze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm only up to Claire but so far I'm finding it really easy, too. I think the most frustrating thing is having such weak wild Pokemon and not many trainers to battle. (And no VS Seeker!) It makes training really annoying.

But now I'm thinking maybe they did that on purpose so people don't train as much and therefore it's not as easy?
I have actually never before had to go out and find wild pokemon to train with. I would usually just pick five pokemon and quickly go through while battling only trainers. Because of this I actually think HGSS is a little more challengeing. I kind of like it though. Because this is the first time I need to train I feel like I can also pick less strong pokemon to make it more challenging, like before I would never have used Hoothoot and Ekans. I am really interested in training more then six pokemon.

Level 100 @ 1320
[VPP] - [URPG]
Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Skylands Offline

I finished both of these games in about a week and a half, that should explain it all.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:44 PM
dAdRaGoNtRaInEr Offline

jhoto was a little challenging but once you reached kanto it was joke, all the pokemon were 10-20 levels lower and all the wild pokemon were wimps.

Pokemon Black friend code-3739-8808-5512

In game name: Bryguy
Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
ash_ketchup Offline

Hmm... i honestly think it would be cool if they increased all the gym leaders/e4's pokemon level's up 10,15 or 20 levels. so that we would havta train harder. i hate how people rely on legendaries to get through the game. i love creating a team from the beginning and then battling. so yes. hg and ss are quite easy in the beginning, it does get harder in kanto. but before you say its easy at least get all 16 badges :3
Old 07-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Cherries Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cherries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynx View Post
i'm just wondering if anyone else is finding this game to easy like i mean Pryce is level 35 ish and after that you face a horde of rokets level 17ish i mean come on all that is mild exp and pp wastage!

well i would normally play pokemon by making every pokemon i find thesame level as each other
(in pokemon diamond i'm at the battle tower(after the elite four) and i have 18 pokemon at around level 50 to 40)

So this is my first time playing pokemon with only 6 pokemon because y friends recomended me to do so and i am finding this game way way too easy like normally the gym leaders would be aproximately 10 levels ahead of me but know there the same levels and defeating Silver is incredibly easy like i remember that in old silver versions that battling silver after the bug gym was pretty hard and i needed to actually go back and train wich i rarely do now he barely manages to take down one pokemon

im just wondering if anyone else is findign this easy and say like wich gyms your on

ive just finished beating team rocket in goldenrod city
Easiest pokemon game ever, still worth buying?? HELLAH YESHAH.

Wifi is awesome. Pokes are awesome. And all the sub quets are awesome.

Credits To Neeno For Signature
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

it's not easy your just probably over training.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 PM
DancingDodo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancingDodo Send a message via MSN to DancingDodo

At least it's possible to beat Whitney without ripping out your skull this time round.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
MikeLanglois Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ketchup View Post
Hmm... i honestly think it would be cool if they increased all the gym leaders/e4's pokemon level's up 10,15 or 20 levels. so that we would havta train harder. i hate how people rely on legendaries to get through the game. i love creating a team from the beginning and then battling. so yes. hg and ss are quite easy in the beginning, it does get harder in kanto. but before you say its easy at least get all 16 badges :3
You know you can reface the gym leaders and they fight with harder pokemon? Like, level 65-75 i think.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
SoulSilver Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrCHOMP View Post
Anyone who says Heart Gold and Soul Silver are too easy obviously hasn't tried to face Brock yet.
XDD. I beat Brock first go. He was the EASIST Gym out of them all. ^-^.

Infact, all of the gyms (Bar Whitney, Claire, Blaine (Fire. 7th kanto) and blue) Were suprisingly easy. Considering I ONLY Used Meganium. The rest of the team were punching bags Minus my Umbreon, who I used to battle with a lot.

Red was EXTREMELY Hard. I ended up getting Lugia (Legit, But only had to use 8 Ultra balls, which was AWESOME) and Zapdos. I ended up only using Meganium (level 87, but took out Pikachu in one hit via Earthquake.) JUST Scraped beating him. But first time battling an dbeating him, so I'm happy.

Now all I have to do is Catch all the legendaries and hopefully finish the pokedex. Aswell as train my pokemon up to high levels.

Eevee - Nickname: Kemnebi
He's a very curious Male. :)

Hatches @50
Umbreon @155
Mastered @335

(Jess)
- Not paired with anyone. PM if you'd like to be paired with me. (I'm not too bothered.) -
Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Zappo09 Offline

If My SoulSilver was easy and beating the game ill be like..........................

THIS!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 AM
PokemonLeagueChamp Offline

Unless you've been leveling your Pokémon at an above average rate, you'll have a team with maximum level being in the 50s and the rest slightly lower. You will get beaten down pretty hard in much of Kanto. So no, that half at least probably isn't the easiest.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Captain Jack Harkness Offline

I found the game ridiculously easy. Not that I didnt enjoy it, it was just. Easy. :L