Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuki Emi View Post
Oh, wow. It doesn't look that bad, IMO. I wish I had something to say to help, but I'd probably end up repeating Graceful_Suicune, because I pretty much agree with her~ Sorry! xD

Okay, so, I'd like some opinions on this, guys:

Nice. o: I really like it. What was the base? (Also, nice shadow!)

EDIT: Finished a sawk disguised as a tyrogue. Comments?

DOUBLE EDIT: Finished a zoroark disguised as a suicune.

For anyone who doesn't know what disguises are, they're where you can edit anything inside the sprite, but you cannot alter the outline no matter what.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-07-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

here's a revamp and devamp that just did
Old 06-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo3ie View Post
here's a revamp and devamp that just did
They're not exactly revamps or devamps. They're more like recolours. With devamps, you have to reshade it in a newer, better fashion. Devamps? They're definitely not as simple as most people think, and you still have the red irises included... They're only supposed to fit four colours. Try some of these tutorials: devamp, revamp, scroll down to "revamps". You can search the internet for more.

Also, it would be nice if when you posted a sprite here, you comment on other people's work too.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

i haven't been on this site for a while. i think that i get how to really do revamps and devamps now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

Nice. o: I really like it. What was the base? (Also, nice shadow!)

For anyone who doesn't know what disguises are, they're where you can edit anything inside the sprite, but you cannot alter the outline no matter what.

~GS.
I really like the zoroark disguised as suicune

Last edited by banjo3ie; 06-10-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
i haven't been on this site for a while. i think that i get how to really do revamps and devamps now.

I really like the zoroark disguised as suicune
Okay. Revamps and devamps are very difficult, however, and I'm not all that great at them--especially devamps. It's hard to get a grip of the style. But yes, I hope they can help you. :)

Thank you. ^^ I've been doing some disguises recently, although I try to match compatible pokemon for good results (as in, based on the pokemon I use). I completed a shedinja disguised as a nirodan (m) today, but it's a bit shabby. xD

It was really hard to get the feet. Unless you can't see what's happening, the leg to our right is bent and facing down, and the other leg's round knee can be seen, and it bends back behind the body but the foot can be seen. It's kind of in a walking position. xD I know it looks awkward and silly, but it's difficult, obviously.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Quote:

~GS.
The Sawk looks a little awkward, but I blame that on Sawk. Its pretty good.
The main reason I posted this is to say that I really love the Zoraok.
It looks awesome. Suicune's colors look good on everything. I like how you did the horn thingy.

Quote:

Okay. Revamps and devamps are very difficult, however, and I'm not all that great at them--especially devamps. It's hard to get a grip of the style. But yes, I hope they can help you. :)

Thank you. ^^ I've been doing some disguises recently, although I try to match compatible pokemon for good results (as in, based on the pokemon I use). I completed a shedinja disguised as a nirodan (m) today, but it's a bit shabby. xD

It was really hard to get the feet. Unless you can't see what's happening, the leg to our right is bent and facing down, and the other leg's round knee can be seen, and it bends back behind the body but the foot can be seen. It's kind of in a walking position. xD I know it looks awkward and silly, but it's difficult, obviously.

~GS.
It looks like it was definitely pretty difficult, but it looks really good. But one question. Where did you come up with a combination like that?

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 PM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

heres a sprite that i did yesterday. the first one is the original. the 2nd one is and invert and the 3rd one is the shiny form
Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

The Sawk looks a little awkward, but I blame that on Sawk. Its pretty good.
The main reason I posted this is to say that I really love the Zoraok.
It looks awesome. Suicune's colors look good on everything. I like how you did the horn thingy.

xDD I totally agree. It looks like it has a hunchback. xD But yeah, that was because I couldn't get the spikes on the head due to the whole 'you can't change outlines' thing. x) But thanks! :D I'm really happy with how it turned out. ^^ Thanks. When I realised how convenient everything was, I was glad I chose those two pokemon. xD

It looks like it was definitely pretty difficult, but it looks really good. But one question. Where did you come up with a combination like that?
Yeah. xD Thank you. c: Ahahah, well actually, I closed my eyes and happened to pick the Black and White shedinja sprite (I have lots of sprites saved on my computer) and I thought, "What could go well with this?" And then remembered that male nidoran have spikes on their backs, so I decided to try that. xD

Quote:
heres a sprite that i did yesterday. the first one is the original. the 2nd one is and invert and the 3rd one is the shiny form
See how you've enlarged the sprite, and that has created extra pixels that double up and look wrong? That's the result of enlarging. DON'T enlarge a sprite when you're working with it, unless you do it properly or fix it. That's the main problem. Other problems include confusing shading (such as the head's shading), an the fact that the legs are really confused. The one to our left should be further in and shouldn't come to the same length as the other leg due to its position. Also, with the blue version, you didn't recolour it properly. You left some orange/red outlines that must be coloured in.

Take a look at some of these:
Advanced recolouring
Fusing

EDIT: Guys, I think I've been doing the wrong kind of disguise. Apparently you're not supposed to change any of the outlines--not even the ones inside the sprite, but that confuses me because then it's kind of like a recolour of another pokemon. So I guess I kind of have my own style, and that nidoran is more like an awkward fusion. xD Since it doesn't even resemble a shedinja anymore, and same with that sawk.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 06-11-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:18 AM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

i didn't enlarge it.
the only reason that its bigger than most sprites is because i used more than 4 sprites to make it

Last edited by banjo3ie; 06-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
i didn't enlarge it.
the only reason that its bigger than most sprites is because i used more than 4 sprites to make it
Okay, I see now that you haven't enlarged it, but there is plenty of excess pixels you should get rid of. Let me show you what I mean.

Hope that helps.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 AM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

Quote:

Okay, I see now that you haven't enlarged it, but there is plenty of excess pixels you should get rid of. Let me show you what I mean.

Hope that helps.

~GS.
thanks i think that i get what i did wrong now
Old 06-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Pikachu_Oi Offline
Elite Trainer

I haven't done any spriting in quite awhile, so I did a little today.

Just some simple edits, basically.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

No worries, Banjo3ie! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu_Oi View Post

I remember you! 8D

I like them both, although the metal part of the head on the pichu should probably be not as dithered, and you should try to round it so it's not dead straight. Overall, pretty nice. I think the round things would fit better on the pikachu's ears if the ears came to a point before the bulb.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM
banjo3ie Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu_Oi View Post

i like the pichu.
I haven't really had any really good ideas recently

Last edited by banjo3ie; 06-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Pikachu_Oi Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
I remember you! 8D

I like them both, although the metal part of the head on the pichu should probably be not as dithered, and you should try to round it so it's not dead straight. Overall, pretty nice. I think the round things would fit better on the pikachu's ears if the ears came to a point before the bulb.

~GS.
I think I might remember you as well. ^^ I've kind of mellowed out since I left. Probably just because I've gotten older.

Is this any better?