Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

I was skipped after someone commented almost exactly what i said in less detail, so if someone could comment mine please, that'd be nice.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Um, I don't see it, can you re post it so I can rate, I didn't get to rate any yet haha, oh and here's another one

I don't like the text as always, i'm going to have to download more fonts

Credit to Dylan for making this awesome banner :3
Old 08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
Um, I don't see it, can you re post it so I can rate, I didn't get to rate any yet haha, oh and here's another one

I don't like the text as always, i'm going to have to download more fonts
It's the one in my sig, sorry I forgot to specify. Also, It's better than your first one in terms of text because it fits better but there's no real flow to the whole thing. Minezumi's pose conflicts the background's direction. Try to make the banner aim towards one general direction and then possibly incorporate the text into it to accomodate the flow. Also, i'd suggest dafont.com if you weren't already aware of it for Fonts.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
It's the one in my sig, sorry I forgot to specify. Also, It's better than your first one in terms of text because it fits better but there's no real flow to the whole thing. Minezumi's pose conflicts the background's direction. Try to make the banner aim towards one general direction and then possibly incorporate the text into it to accomodate the flow. Also, i'd suggest dafont.com if you weren't already aware of it for Fonts.
Yeah, thats what happens when I mash a whole bunch of things together like that haha

As for yours, I like the PikaWan with the light saber and everything, and the stars in the background. But the text placement is a bit odd, I think you tried to match it with the lightsaber's angle, but I think it would've been better placed in a corner. The left side of your banner seems a bit empjty, all there is is the background and just a little effect. I think you have enough room to add something there. I just noticed there was no border, but that doesn't take off any points though haha,

4/5

Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
I just noticed there was no border, but that doesn't take off any points though haha,

4/5
Yes there is.. >.> It's a very thin border. Probably like that so as not to distract from the actual image. Borders can do that from time to time. I understand it perfectly. xD

@Y2k: The only thing I DON'T like about your banner is that it's too big to fit the whole thing in your sig. xD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 08-04-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
Yes there is.. >.> It's a very thin border. Probably like that so as not to distract from the actual image. Borders can do that from time to time. I understand it perfectly. xD

@Y2k: The only thing I DON'T like about your banner is that it's too big to fit the whole thing in your sig. xD
xD I don't blame anyone for not but I'm glad someone understands that's what happened. I probably should remember to post the image next time.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well I just got finished working on this right here,

It's going to be my sig, Rate?

Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Well I just got finished working on this right here,

It's going to be my sig, Rate?
Eh, you commented before on someone else's work, so I guess I'll comment. =P

Hmm, let's see here.
Well, it'd look cooler if the render fit into the banner, and if it was blended in, not just sticking out of the background. =o Smudging helps with blending. =] Eh, the text, I think could really be better placed. =\ If the text is far away from your render or focal point, it can take attention either away from the focal point, or have less attention itself because it's so far from the focal point, the people pay no attention to the text. My suggestion is, to maybe move the text maybe a bit closer to the render? And, the font is okay. The background is pretty interesting, but, very bright in the center. It kinda hurts my eyes. >..o; Maybe you should try to make sure the the background, or anywhere on your banner is not TOO bright. It can hurt viewers eyes, and it can take more attention than anywhere else in the banner. =x The dropping shadow is a nice effect, but, the render is sticking out, and it looks a bit odd. Maybe cut part of the render that is sticking out? There's not much of a flow here. C4ds and render poses can help with flow, AND with flow, it can help with placing the text! =] To add to that, there's not much depth. Sharpening, blurring, and darkening parts of the banner can make it look as if the render is "popping out". The colors aren't that bad, thought, maybe add some yellows and reds. =] It's look nice with the render. ^..^

Last edited by Anastasia-R; 08-04-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ouch, okay let me just copy this and put it into MS word so I can look over your review a couple of times haha. Yeah, if I'm making banners for myself, I get carried away and add effects, then look for someones opinion.

And I never really used, darkening, sharpening, or blurring much, but I'll give it a try. Next I will make one for that Pokabu, look forward to my next fail invention everyone :D

Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Ouch, okay let me just copy this and put it into MS word so I can look over your review a couple of times haha. Yeah, if I'm making banners for myself, I get carried away and add effects, then look for someones opinion.

And I never really used, darkening, sharpening, or blurring much, but I'll give it a try. Next I will make one for that Pokabu, look forward to my next fail invention everyone :D
Hey, we all can get carried away sometimes. ^..^;

Well, those effects can really help in banners. =] Hey now, I'm pretty sure you're banner will be great. There is no bad art. ^..^
Old 08-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

I just winged it this time, don't judge haha. I tried sharpening and darkening, but the real bad thing about this is Pokabu. The outline. Bad render

Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
I just winged it this time, don't judge haha. I tried sharpening and darkening, but the real bad thing about this is Pokabu. The outline. Bad render

Okay, well I won't be able to do a huge CnC like Ana, but I wanted to put in my two cents xD First off, the most obvious thing is the render, just try to use the best quality render you can find because it will make or break your banner. Next is that it looks like you either made the bg or just put it on and then pasted the render on top, try to make it work with the image, as if Pokabu were actually in it. Smudging and c4d's can help with this. (c4d's im not sure, but they help me xD) The text is still kinda far away from the focal, which i'm assuming is Pokabu, and it also looks kinda pasted on. Your last text wasn't in a good spot but it looked like it was part of the image. Last, and this could just be personal taste, but the border looks a little large.

Sorry for that crap CnC but i'm kinda in a rush.

Waruvial 2177
Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:

Well, Ana is right, move the text closer to your render. I was too distracted by the text to see the render. Y2k basically covered it all.

Spoiler:
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Thief Offline
Amateur Trainer

Haha, ok. Its weird how im the only one posting banners on here, but I do it anyway for reviews. So here's another one

Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Haha, ok. Its weird how im the only one posting banners on here, but I do it anyway for reviews. So here's another one

Alright well, i'm not sure what's going on here really. It looks like you got a really bad quality stock of that and then added in a really low opacity c4d. Also, the text doesn't look too good and the font/color don't match the rest of it. If you're using a stock, try to use c4d's to your advantage and make them enhance/part of the original scene of the stock. Don't just put them on in a random spot and make them barely noticeable. For this I would've put some possibly aiming towards the left since Floatzel (idk, i think that's it xD) is aimed that way. This creates a flow, and flow is good! I would also suggest trying out gradients and gradient maps, they can really help make an image darker/lighter/a different colorish, there's all different things they can do. For the text, use a font that kinda matches the rest of the tag and make it a color that fits with it. Overall, it's not horrible.

I'd like comments on this tag because it's my second sprite tag, and I like it but i'm not sure if it's all that great. Please avoid saying something about the sprite being kinda bad because I know I effed that up.

Waruvial 2177