Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

^ you're supposed to comment on a banner before you post one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
the 1px border feels so wrong. either a different border or no border but the whole right side seems so empty
im actually using my comment here so i can post this lol

no text for a reason BAW

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 01-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Myuu Offline

Quote:

no text for a reason BAW
I think that one's pretty nice, I like the the general flow and it's simplicity of it, I'd give it an 8.5/10.

I decided to try a different style, this is what I came up with, but I couldn't decide on text or not so I just made two versions.. :P

White: SPENCER 5157 3086 9831

Last edited by Myuu; 01-12-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
^ you're supposed to comment on a banner before you post one

im actually using my comment here so i can post this lol

no text for a reason BAW
I like the overall feel of it 8D The only thing that bothers me is that there's a lot of empty space. I guess it does add to the feel, but it makes me think that its incomplete or something is missing. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myuu View Post
I think that one's pretty nice, I like the the general flow and it's simplicity of it, I'd give it an 8.5/10.

I decided to try a different style, this is what I came up with, but I couldn't decide on text or not so I just made two versions.. :P

I guess this one is okay. I just really don't like how there's WAY too much going on for it to be pleasing to the eyes. The flow is a little hard to identify, and I just think its too dark. The...scanlines(?) look too harsh and make it look less pleasing. For the one with the text, I think it's a little hard to find and even then, its still not very nice either (as in it doesn't match with the rest of the sig (but that's just me)). The effects do look nice, but there's just too much, so I'd work on fixing that first.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:

I'd suggest removing the scanlines or turning them down and also get rid of some of the darkness on Knuckles because I can tell he's supposed to be the focal but i'm not really drawn to him.

Also, I like no text.

Waruvial 2177
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:

I prefer the second one, the one with text, more so than the first. That is mostly b/c I feel the text adds...something to it that I enjoy. Maybe b/c it looks more complete?

Personally, I would give those scan lines an eviction notice. Or at least a warning, if you don't want to delete all of the lines. I'd play around with it and do a copy with some of the scan lines deleted and the rest faded (or just take all of the lines out). You already have a good bit of texture in the render--it'd be a nice contrast if you partially or completely removed the lines.
--

I'd like some feedback on these images, please. Which you prefer and any additional comments. Ty.

Spoiler:

Old 01-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Well IMO the middle is my favourite; because the top doesn't have enough colour (No, it does..I just like the middle xD) and the bottom doesn't burst out as much. The picture looks a little...low quality? I dunno. It just looks a little...'meh' somehow? And it's also quite plain. Maybe have some effects behind the render and some lighting effects? Just need to spruce it up a bit. ;)

I'm too lazy to place something here. Sorry.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

@Dragoness: I like the middle one because of the colors, but it seems like it's a little low on quality. I suggest working on a light source and flow as well. Deviantart is a good site to get some C4Ds and brushes from. Once you get a few C4Ds, start applying them to your banners and erase the parts that aren't needed. This will help with the flow, but there's still other methods of doing so. In my two banner I'm posting, I used C4Ds for both of them, such as the things wrapped around Latios.

For a light source, I usually just use a soft brush and use it depending on the image's shadowing. So to start things off, I'd try not using any renders that look like they have poor quality, since that would usually lead to a poor-looking banner. Nice job otherwise, I liked them.

------------------------------------

C+CC?

WAR XI Team: .

Last edited by Fierce Deity; 01-16-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Ketamine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ketamine

@ FD, the stock images and Pokemon flow really well, but for some reason both renders seem a bit chompy, still good though.

Now,

I didn't like it, **** text, I was just testing out some smudges and stuff, C/C please.

~TE
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine View Post

I didn't like it, **** text, I was just testing out some smudges and stuff, C/C please.
Ooh, me likey 8D
Too much empty space, though. Maybe sparks/lightning effects coming from the focal in the empty space would make it look better? Just going out on a limb there. The dark outline around Charmeleon makes it look a little funky too. The text is fine, it's just hard to find.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
@ FD, the stock images and Pokemon flow really well, but for some reason both renders seem a bit chompy, still good though.

Now,

@Keta:

Text isn't bad, but could be better. A font that is more italized and edgy might fit the feel of the picture more. Also, the placement is fine (I would have put it in the bottom right, but that is purely preference) though I wonder what the text would look like if you slanted it and put it right near the render.

The background is awesome. It's a pretty good sprite banner =) Though I feel the Charmeleon sticks out more than she should. Perhaps if you smudged a bit around her?
------

@FD:

You really have an eye for what background style would go with the render. The first one I might experiment some with and perhaps use more shadowing and smudging + some extra special effects. The reason being is that the render seems to stick out a little ackwardly from the background--even though the background just seems to fit well with a flying 'mon.

The second one I really like. The upper left corner's light seems a little...off to me. It's a bright white light that very quickly fades into green/black. Perhaps if you toned it down a little or made the very edges of the light a pale green. Something to think about =)
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:

Now,

This doesn't look bad at all (excluding the text), IMO. I like your smudge work, and I like the way you've put the C4Ds in there, as well. :)
However, putting the Charmeleon under the C4Ds, while erasing some parts of the C4Ds that makes Charmeleon look bad, would've made the banner look more attractive.
And if you haven't already, try adding some Adjustment Layers in there, it can make the colors of the banner look a little more balanced. :3
Need you all to comment on that banner. xD

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 01-18-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Ceromax Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post
This doesn't look bad at all (excluding the text), IMO. I like your smudge work, and I like the way you've put the C4Ds in there, as well. :)
However, putting the Charmeleon under the C4Ds, while erasing some parts of the C4Ds that makes Charmeleon look bad, would've made the banner look more attractive.
And if you haven't already, try adding some Adjustment Layers in there, it can make the colors of the banner look a little more balanced. :3
Need you all to comment on that banner. xD
Thats cool i like it. could use just some more work though.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

It could use some work :P
Try experimenting with C4D's and such :) it makes it nice haha.
Also try and make the render blend in more than just making it look like it was just pasted onto the banner :-/

C+CC?

Yeah buddy!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Ceromax Offline

its nice but could use some work with the brightness and such.

any comments?

Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac8296 View Post
It could use some work :P
Try experimenting with C4D's and such :) it makes it nice haha.
Also try and make the render blend in more than just making it look like it was just pasted onto the banner :-/

C+CC?
I love the banner, it looks great! xD But, I don't really like the black lines around the render... I think giving the lines a different color from the banner, would make the banner look better. Same thing goes for the text, try changing the current color of it to a color from the banner.
So, yeah, the banner looks really good, but a few improvements/changes can make it look even better. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceromax View Post
its nice but could use some work with the brightness and such.

any comments?
Well, I like the banner, but, the banner's a little too "green", y'know? Try adding some C4Ds/effects of different colors in there, those things always makes a banner look good...
Try smudging the sides of the render a little to make it blend in a little more, not too much, though. And it's kinda hard to tell where the light's coming from in the banner, a lighting effect can possibly fix this issue.

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 01-23-2011 at 03:13 AM.