Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
MarioGRAPHICS Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

I like your signature of the bird walking it kind of makes me think of town.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGRAPHICS View Post
I like your signature of the bird walking it kind of makes me think of town.

I like the place where you've placed the text, and the lightning effect that you've added, isn't so bad. Some C4Ds can/will make the banner much look better, though. :3

I didn't have much things to do, so I've made that, just to kill some time. xD
Old 12-24-2010, 10:07 AM
MarioGRAPHICS Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-chan View Post
I like the place where you've placed the text, and the lightning effect that you've added, isn't so bad. Some C4Ds can/will make the banner much look better, though. :3

I didn't have much things to do, so I've made that, just to kill some time. xD
Nice i like the way you made the cats eyes match with its fur and also the background.

Last edited by MarioGRAPHICS; 12-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Plaid Mew Offline

Send a message via AIM to Plaid Mew

Just got GIMP and I decided to make a banner. (In Signature)
View and critique if needed? First time making one.

-Mew
Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Ketamine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ketamine

Just reinstalled Photoshop after like 2 years. Can't remember how to do anything ._. but I did manage to muster this up, my text fails I know.

~TE
Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketamine View Post
Just reinstalled Photoshop after like 2 years. Can't remember how to do anything ._. but I did manage to muster this up, my text fails I know.

I just love the exotic look to that. The render is clean and great quality. The text isn't the first thing my eyes go to. The render blends, but it still draws attention. The text is also a gentle color with that feminine touch of pink, but the hue of brown softens it to a color that doesn't completely fade into the background but doesn't pop out at you first. Good job, in my view.

This is a fairly recent tag that I made:

It's mostly just a C4D/brush test. The dragon wasn't rendered too well, but I'm much better at rendering now. :3
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
This signature isn't all too great. The render blends in on the left but on the right it sticks out in a bad way. The random pink in the right corner clashes with the color scheme of the signature, which I personally think should depend on the main focal (in this case, the render). I don't think that background was right to choose because it didn't have any colors to go with the render. The "M" in the bottom left is almost unnoticeable and it doesn't really go along with the rest of the signature. Still, there is a good amount of flow. Maybe change the colors a bit? That's the main problem.

Quote:
I like this one a lot more :3 Usually the focal in the middle isn't a good place to put it, but you made it work out 8D I like the effects and glow c: I just think his coat looks a little washed out. Maybe you were aiming for that, I dunno. I really like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf of the Snow View Post
This is a fairly recent tag that I made:

It's mostly just a C4D/brush test. The dragon wasn't rendered too well, but I'm much better at rendering now. :3
Uhm...wow o__o Let me just start off by saying the colors don't look too pleasing. I think the dragon alone would've been just fine. The wolf was actually hard to identify. The flow is a little hard to find :x The 2 light sources do agree with the renders, though, which is good. You like using brushes, don't you? XD Too much of a good thing CAN be bad. Tone it down a bit and it won't look as chaotic. Lastly, the text is good. It's just the...uh...reflection(?) that bothers me. If you took it away, I think it would look better :3

...and now I shall post my lovely creations.

The first one is a signature I was intending to use for myself on another forum I had just joined but decided against it. The second one...well, I just thought the TCG was cute.
YES I KNOW BOTH DON'T HAVE A FLOW BUT I TRIED OK. D:
Old 01-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

Well, its been forever since i've been here! and its been forever since i've done ANY type of graphic works... oh well, i just wanted to post my latest sig.... its been a long time, so don't expect too much ;)

@ Eeveelutions:

To be honest, those are really good, whether there is flow or not, it's still a work of art in my eyes; I really don't have any type of criticism for them haha.

Yeah buddy!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Eeveelutions Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac8296 View Post
Well, its been forever since i've been here! and its been forever since i've done ANY type of graphic works... oh well, i just wanted to post my latest sig.... its been a long time, so don't expect too much ;)

I like it 8D Thing is, there's a little bit of empty space on both sides, so you should cut them off or something. Zelda also looks a little bit out of place, mainly because of the arm that's touching her hair has a weird outline. Maybe smudge it a little so it can blend into the background?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Quote:

I agree with Isaac on how the Zelda's arm looks a bit funny, also, I don't really like the text because it's too far away from the focal, and in my opinion, the white doesn't go with that banner very well.

-

Today, I decided to buy Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, and I instantly fell in love with his 2099 suit, so here is a banner for it. (:

C+CC Please! (:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
I agree with Isaac on how the Zelda's arm looks a bit funny, also, I don't really like the text because it's too far away from the focal, and in my opinion, the white doesn't go with that banner very well.

-

Today, I decided to buy Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions, and I instantly fell in love with his 2099 suit, so here is a banner for it. (:

C+CC Please! (:
Erasing the right side of the render a little, wasn't such a good idea. Smudging it (while having the blend mode set to lighten), and then erasing the right side a bit, would've looked a little better though, in my opinion. Or, having some C4Ds on top of the Spiderman render, would've looked better as well. xD But, other than that, the banner looks just awesome! :)

Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Isaac8296 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Isaac8296

I'm not sure if you want someone to rate/comment your banners, but i'll do it anyway :D

I really do like the style of the cinderella, the text is awesome and everything else is cool :)

I like the flow of the Moltres one and your focal point really catches my eye, which is a very good thing ;) Grrreat Job

Oh my... here is my newest works.. :P dont be too harsh hahaha.

I know, i suck at text(s) but at least i try ^-^

Yeah buddy!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:

[/SIZE]
I'mma be commenting on these, 'cause they're awetastic like that. xD

The sprite banner I have no problem, just I was wondering where you got the brush from the text?

Annnddd why does Cinderella look like Alice from 10's Wonderland?
Don't partially like the line under her arm. :/

xD

Quote:

I know, i suck at text(s) but at least i try ^-^
In the first one, there's no flow, light source, depth or blending/smudging. Looks a lot like an edited background with a render on top. Though the colours match with the blue and the render.

The second one, there's a light source, but that's it, really. The line around the sword is kind of pointless and pulls the attention away from the focal. The focal is also slightly too dark.

:D You'll get better.

I'm hungry. *walks off*
Old 01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
I was wondering where you got the brush from the text?
Oh, create a new layer above the text, apply the image on that layer, create a clipping mask (alt+ctrl+g) on that layer, and after that, move the layer around until it makes the text look good. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy
Annnddd why does Cinderella look like Alice from 10's Wonderland?
No idea. xDDD
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Erasing the right side of the render a little, wasn't such a good idea. Smudging it (while having the blend mode set to lighten), and then erasing the right side a bit, would've looked a little better though, in my opinion. Or, having some C4Ds on top of the Spiderman render, would've looked better as well. xD But, other than that, the banner looks just awesome! :)

I love these. :'D I feel the Moltres may look sliiiightly better if it was placed sliiiightly further down xD But I'm just really picky about placement. Also, the three squares at the side are slightly distracting, perhaps lower the opacity? o:

The Cinderella one is gorgeous, despite the conflicting flow. I especially love the text. I'd probably like it even more if the lines running under her arms were a little thinner though, 'cause then they'd suit the delicacy of the tag.

ANYWAY. :'D

Lovely work overall.

First specific set in a while. The images were so difficult to use as they're exceedingly old and bad quality, given their nature, but I did the best I could xDD