Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Master Groudon's Avatar
Master Groudon Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Terra Cave
Posts: 921
Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

hey everybody! i need some help making this new signature.

I already started it on paint. I dont have gimp and even if i download it, i still cant use it because I have to be an administrator.... so can someone put this text inside this:

"I will hunt you down"

I will give you a million Poke credits if you do. (not really)

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiume View Post
Personally it's a little too grey and where the white is makes it a little hard to read the text.
I don't know how to crit black and white banners :(


v1


v2

i havent made a banner using a render in a loooooooooong time as i only work with stock. just a little test.
Linchy, yours said 404 forbiden, so I am forced to crit on this.

I prefer the coloring on the second one, but the way it makes the hair look smudged or blured on the second. I think you should combind that, or smudge it a bit where it shouldn't really be the 'main image', such as the hair at the sides of the render.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Dark Moonlight's Avatar
Dark Moonlight Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 1,952
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
hey everybody! i need some help making this new signature.

I already started it on paint. I dont have gimp and even if i download it, i still cant use it because I have to be an administrator.... so can someone put this text inside this:

"I will hunt you down"

I will give you a million Poke credits if you do. (not really)

Ask for that in the Image Requests thread, not here.
__________________

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Master Groudon's Avatar
Master Groudon Offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Terra Cave
Posts: 921
Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Ask for that in the Image Requests thread, not here.
oh. ok. i figured since i already made it its not really a request.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Dark Moonlight's Avatar
Dark Moonlight Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 1,952
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase


Well, I do feel I need to say something on this to help Tokyokit. Firstly, the background colours clash. A combination of purple and orange are best used in gradient maps. The background is also quite... boring. The render image doesn't make us all go "ooh" and is plain so we instantly look to the background for some spice. If the render/stock doesn't make us go "ooh" then your background is your chance to make it or break it. Now, for the render itself, those white spots around it could do with some eliminating. I'd suggest you open Paint, get your render, fill the background with red and then erase all the white spots by colouring them in by red, then you can mass empty when you're done. Or just quickly do it in GIMP. Use the Select By Colour tool to catch all the whites then erase them. The text is plain; as is the font. The text colour clashes with the background and is quite hard to read overall. If the text were black or a more visible colour, it might be better. And again with the render - that's supposed to be a tiger? It doesn't look like one. When picking your render, if you're calling it a tiger, it has to look like/be a tiger.

There is my thoughts and some advice.
__________________

Spoiler:
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 10-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Dragoness's Avatar
Dragoness Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halloween Town
Posts: 1,829
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
@Tobiume: It's not bad, a bit plain, but y'know. Umm... Not really much to say, but, if that was, as you say, the end of the render, you could try smudging the edge of the hair into the bg, then add some more special affects on the edge.... Not making any sense, am I? x.X

So I was wondering if I could have some crits on this thing I made:




It seems to plain to me, but I don't know what to add. Help, please?
Let's give this thread a kick in the pants...

@Doodlebop:

Well, the colors blend nicely together. The glowing text is also pretty and it fits the signature. It does seem a bit plain, like you just smacked the render on the background. You could try different ways to fix that--mixing up the background a bit with brushes and special effects, so it looks more natural. Or--I have no clue whatsoever how this will work--outlining your render.

CC on my siggie, please?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Larvinator's Avatar
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: N/A
Posts: 2,140
Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Wow, I haven't made a banner in ages, but when I saw this epic render I had to do something with it.



It's in my sig, but hey, may as well throw it in my post too.

EDIT: Durr, I should read threads before posting. Tbh, not that knowledgeable about graphics, so next guy should probably give better comments on Dragoness's banner if they feel so inclined. Really digging the way Lugia's enveloped by the brush effects as though in clouds, and the colors look really cool together. Oh, but, is that black bar at the top intentional? It took me a minute to notice it, but now that I do it won't stop bugging me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The KKK Official Site
The Ku Klux Klan, LLC. has not or EVER will have ANY connection with The "Westboro Baptist Church".

Last edited by Larvinator; 10-29-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Dino's Avatar
Dino Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In your dumpster
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Wow, I haven't made a banner in ages, but when I saw this epic render I had to do something with it.



It's in my sig, but hey, may as well throw it in my post too.
It's very nice.
The color scheme is really nice, and it has a very nice flow and blend to it. It is very well crafted. Good Job 8D. I might add a little color overlays and see what you could do.

I'd like some critiques on mine. It's not the greatest, but I like it.
__________________

lv.100@1618
Links


Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post


It's very nice.
The color scheme is really nice, and it has a very nice flow and blend to it. It is very well crafted. Good Job 8D. I might add a little color overlays and see what you could do.

I'd like some critiques on mine. It's not the greatest, but I like it.
Oh, it's way cute! :D I like the cartoony-ness of it! *inventing new vocab, yes* And the diagonal lines make it so interesting. Simple, but very effective! Great work! ^^

I haven't been in here for a bit, but I wanted to share some Halloween spirit, ya know? ^^ Here's my latest!



As always, I am UTTERLY aweful at text. So... ignore it and look at everything else. ^^'
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Oh, it's way cute! :D I like the cartoony-ness of it! *inventing new vocab, yes* And the diagonal lines make it so interesting. Simple, but very effective! Great work! ^^

I haven't been in here for a bit, but I wanted to share some Halloween spirit, ya know? ^^ Here's my latest!



As always, I am UTTERLY aweful at text. So... ignore it and look at everything else. ^^'
It's pretty good. The render fits in pretty well with the bg so that's good. One thing about it bothers me is the pumpkin on his head, ignore this if that's part of the render, but it looks really odd, to me anyway. There's not much of a flow to it so theres no real direction, so work on making everything go the same way.

The text is the biggest problem, it fits with the rest except it kinda takes away from the focal (render) and it's angle is really weird anyway. I'd say remove the text altogether unless you can find a better spot. Also, if you were to remove it, i'd consider possibly cropping it a little because it looks as though it may look kinda open on the right.

I guess any comments on this, my most recent.

__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 10-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
It's pretty good. The render fits in pretty well with the bg so that's good. One thing about it bothers me is the pumpkin on his head, ignore this if that's part of the render, but it looks really odd, to me anyway. There's not much of a flow to it so theres no real direction, so work on making everything go the same way.

The text is the biggest problem, it fits with the rest except it kinda takes away from the focal (render) and it's angle is really weird anyway. I'd say remove the text altogether unless you can find a better spot. Also, if you were to remove it, i'd consider possibly cropping it a little because it looks as though it may look kinda open on the right.

I guess any comments on this, my most recent.

LoL, the pumpkin is part of the render xD It's kind of a mask, I guess ^^'

And thanks for the tips on the text. I think I might take them off... eventually... *is lazy right now* :P Maybe I might put it off to the right-hand corner...

So, your newest one. Hmm, I'd say great job on the lighting and such, but it seems... kind of plain. But then this is coming from the girl who shoves all sort of junk into her backgrounds xD Some kind of more-noticable texture and more color variance might make it pop more. But great job! ^^
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
kokovo's Avatar
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the seaaaaaa
Posts: 480
Send a message via MSN to kokovo
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
I guess any comments on this, my most recent.

That was an awesome game.
So, the biggest issue I have with it is that it's just so boring. I no it's always hard to make sprite banners because they're so small so I'd suggest putting in some brushes or making the background more interesting. Apart from that it's nice.

So here's one I made the other day. I used almost no effects on it because I wanted the message to be clear although I'm not sure if the text is easily readable.

__________________
URPG Stats VPP Stats

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 PM
JokesterJesse's Avatar
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,348
Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

@Y2kpikachu- Thats not recent thats from the summer LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokovo View Post
That was an awesome game.
So, the biggest issue I have with it is that it's just so boring. I no it's always hard to make sprite banners because they're so small so I'd suggest putting in some brushes or making the background more interesting. Apart from that it's nice.

So here's one I made the other day. I used almost no effects on it because I wanted the message to be clear although I'm not sure if the text is easily readable.


I see nothing really done to it. Mostly looks like some sort of stock image because of the quality of the "Sunbeams" Honestly if your main part is ment to be a LARGE amount of text, you could have just made a black background with the text. The text is some what readable I would probably choose a more simpler font, but this is me, I dont really have legitimate comments on this one :X

Ill take some comments

Last edited by JokesterJesse; 10-31-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Broderick's Avatar
Broderick Offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Your local Mental Asylum.
Posts: 1,769
Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
@Y2kpikachu- Thats not recent thats from the summer LOL




I see nothing really done to it. Mostly looks like some sort of stock image because of the quality of the "Sunbeams" Honestly if your main part is ment to be a LARGE amount of text, you could have just made a black background with the text. The text is some what readable I would probably choose a more simpler font, but this is me, I dont really have legitimate comments on this one :X

Ill take some comments
I like what you're doing with the banner, but there's a lot of empty space that should be filled. I think any sort of stock in the background that you could lower the opacity with would be good, or really anything. Sorry for the bad C+C, but I haven't been making banners lately, or commenting on them. ^_^;
Here's one I did... damn I don't know. Whenever the pokedex project was super super active.

I was way into rainbow gradients.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 10-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Y2kPikachu12's Avatar
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in your house eating your cookies!
Posts: 2,114
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
I like what you're doing with the banner, but there's a lot of empty space that should be filled. I think any sort of stock in the background that you could lower the opacity with would be good, or really anything. Sorry for the bad C+C, but I haven't been making banners lately, or commenting on them. ^_^;
Here's one I did... damn I don't know. Whenever the pokedex project was super super active.

I was way into rainbow gradients.
Well, I've made a tag with that tutorial before too so it's kinda hard to crit.

Try to make it go in more of a direction because there's no flow to it. I can't really say much else except the colors don't really go with the Exploud excpet the little bit of purple, otherwise it looks pretty good. Sorry if you didn't use a tut but it looks really similar.

@Jesse lol I know but it was the most recent in my photobucket that wasn't a request xD

Uh, anyone wanna crit on my sprite tag up there, unless you already did then do Brodericks.
__________________

Waruvial 2177
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com