Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 AM
grishnax Offline
New Trainer

Default [SU]Oblivion (A Pokemon RP)

Hello, I'm grishnax. I'm new here, but pretty experienced in RPing. This is a rather cool concept that I came up with a while ago, but the forum that I planned on posting it on is experiencing some... difficulties. Anyways, without further ado, begin!
Oblivion
A Pokemon RP

Current RPers:
(No more spots are available at this time, you can still get on the reserve list)
Spot 1:Mistress Meg as Megan Stratus (Forest, Flying)
Spot 2:Grsspkmnmaster (Fire, Cave)
Spot 3: malcuz as Cain Irwick (Desert, Ground)
Spot 4:Elecii as Mya Sorra (Mountains, Mystery)
Spot 5: Moonlight (Snowfield, Water)
Spot 6: grishnax as Gregory 'Greg' Lokstor (Plains, Normal)
Spot 7: Incandescent as Kurt Stolak (Beach, Fight)

Reserve List:
1. No one currently

Story:
For some reason, buildings, Pokemon, even people are disappearing daily. But the weird part is that you’re the only one who notices. If you asked someone who recently had someone close to them disappear, they will just be confused and ask, “Who are you talking about? I’ve never seen that person in my life.” But you can tell. You can tell that people are disappearing, and it won’t be long until everyone is gone. But one day, some mail arrives for you. It’s a strange letter; the envelope appears to be glowing. It reads:

Dear (insert your name here),
I know what’s happening. I know how you can stop it. Enclosed in this letter is a pack of cards. Should you choose to open that pack, you will instantly be transported into another realm. However, if you do not wish to take part, you merely have to place this letter back inside the envelope and then reseal it. You have one hour to decide. If you do not decide before the hour is up, it will count as a refusal to take part of this event. I sincerely hope that you will join. From, Xx

A chance to save the world? Will you accept, or will you reject it and stay in a world where nothing is for certain? A world where you could be there one day and gone to who-knows-where the next? The choice seems obvious. (depending on your character, it might take no thought whatsoever to say yes, or it might be a huge internal debate) You choose yes and open the pack of cards...

Suddenly, there is a bright flash of light, and it appears that you are in a strange temple. You find that you are not in clothes that you own, rather, you are in a pair of clothes that seem to be made for survival. A long sleeve gray shirt, durable beige pants, hiking boots, a black belt with a box attached, and a fairly large backpack. On the floor, you see a note...

Dear (insert your name here),
You have made the right choice. In your backpack you will find a guide to the Great Game, known as the Book. It will not be completely filled in yet, but it will fill itself in as you continue your journey. It will be mandatory to have this, or else you will most likely never survive. Inside the box on your belt is the pack of cards. Or rather, just the cards from the pack. You can learn more about the cards in the Book. Remember, cards are the key to the Great Game, and if you do not have any, you may as well be dead. From, Xx

Well, this is it. Your chance to save the world from it's slow, strange demise. But are you up for the challenge? Will you survive? Will you ever figure out exactly what is causing the disappearances? Only time will tell.

The Book:
This is the encyclopedia of the Great Game, and is probably your most useful resource.
Spoiler:
Cards:
Cards: Cards are the basis of this game. They can be used for many things, such as healing items, weapons, and most importantly, Syncing. There are some cards that are useless until they are Spliced with other cards.
Pokemon Cards: These cards contain the tamed spirits of Pokemon. This is the only type of Card that can Sync.
Weapon Cards: These Cards will turn into weapons or armor that you can use in battle. Some examples are swords, helmets, guns, shields, bulletproof vests, etc.
Location Cards: These Cards allow you to teleport to different Locations when you are in a Warp Zone.
Splice Cards: This Card allows you to Splice together other Cards.
Item Cards: These Cards contain an item that you can use. Some examples are Potions, Repels, XAttacks, Pokeballs, etc.
Blank Cards: A Blank Card is just a plain white Card. Who knows what potential it might have...
Junk Cards: A Junk Card is the waste product of a Card that has already been used/destroyed. They are for the most part worthless, but they may have some uses...
Syncing:
Sync: You can Sync with your Pokemon Cards, meaning that you can gain some of their abilities and moves.
Sync Rate: This is how connected you are your Pokemon Cards. The lower the number for Sync Rate, the more powerful your abilities with that specific card will become. For example, a Sync Rate of 6 is better than a Sync Rate of 15. The most powerful Sync Rate is 0. When your reaches 0, you can perform a Perfect Sync. You can also Evolve your Pokemon Card if it is at level 0. However, if you evolve a Pokemon, it’s Sync Rate will go to the SSR of the new Pokemon. Every time your Pokemon’s Sync Rate is decreased by 5 points, your Pokemon Card will gain another move from it’s Moveset.
Perfect Sync: Perfect Sync is the ultimate attack. When used, it can destroy almost anything. However, it adds 5 points to your Sync Rate.
SSR: SSR stands for Starting Sync Rate. SSR is the Sync Rate that a Pokemon will have when you first get it or evolve it.
Splicing:
Splicing: Splicing is the act of fusing Cards together to create new Cards. This can only happen when you use a Splice Card. A Recipe can help you know which Card you will make when Splicing.
Recipes: A Recipe shows you which Cards you need to Splice together to make certain Cards.
Splicing Pokemon: If you Splice 2 Pokemon Cards together, they form a new Pokemon Card. It's pretty much the same as Pokemon breeding. If you Splice two incompatible Pokemon Cards, you get a Junk Card, so make sure that you look before you Splice!
Locations:
Location: An area of the Playing Field that you can teleport to from Warp Zones.
Warp Zone: When you are in a Warp Zone, you can use a Location Card to teleport to a Location.
Beach: A costal beach next to an ocean, near some high cliffs and west of the forest.
Forest: A huge forest west of the plains, east of the beach, and north of the desert.
Cave: A series of tunnels near the southeast border. You cannot go over it, because it is impossibly tall from the outside.
Snow Fields: A flat, snowy terrain that is relatively high up in the mountains. It is located in the southeast.
Plains: A flat, grassy plains, covering a huge amount of space on the Playing Field. It is east of the forest and north of the desert and snow fields.
Desert: A desert that is roughly in the center of the Playing Field.
Mountain: A mountain that is decently tall. It has the desert to the north, the caves to the east, and the ocean to the west.
Savannah: This is a small strip of land separating the desert from the forest and plains.
Islands: These islands have small beaches, and then have terrains much like the ones on the mainland. Unlike the caves on the mainland, the caves on the island are completely underground.
Miscellaneous:
Great Game: This is a contest, in which participants fight for their lives.
Playing Field: This is the area where the Great Game takes place.
Waystations: A Waystation is a place where you can rest and stock up on survival items. If you stay in a Waystation for to long though, bad things might happen...
Moveset: A Moveset is a selection of Moves that you can pick from when you decrease your Sync Rate by 5 points. There are 4 different Moveset groups. You can get a move from the first Moveset group when you first get the opportunity to get a new move. You can get a move from the second Moveset group when you get the opportunity to get a new move for the second time. The same concept goes for third and fourth. You can still pick from previous Movesets if you wish to get a move from them that you didn’t learn but wanted anyways. Once you learn a move, you can never forget it (excluding if you evolve your Pokemon Card).

The Playing Field:
This is a map of the Playing Field. The purple dots mark the temples, which are the areas that you can start at.
Spoiler:

Rules:
These are the rules of this RP:
Spoiler:
1. Follow the general rules of the forum and RP section.
2. Please keep the OOC discussion out of the RP thread. You can make short OOC side comments in the thread, but try not to make a completely OOC post.
3. Make sure that you're characters fit your SU. If in your SU you posted, 'he's shy' but in the RP made him act boldly... Well, that just won't work.
4. I'll determine whether you catch a Pokemon, find Cards, or any other major event. You can pick if you run into any Pokemon, though.

Other Info:
Well this is the other information. It has some important stuff about the RP in it, so be sure to read it!
Spoiler:
1. In this RP, you don't catch and train Pokemon. You can still catch them, but they just turn into Cards if you do. If you don't like this, then this isn't the RP for you.
2. You will have missions delivered to you. The missions will come in many ways, I'll try to be creative about them. They could involve anything from finding a certain card to battling a fellow RPer to... Well, I've got to leave some surprises.
3. Your starting location can be in any of the following locations: Beach, Forest, Desert, Mountains, Snow Field, Cave, or Plains. One person per location, please.
4. You may pick from the following decks of cards: Fight, Fire, Flying, Ground, Mystery, Normal, or Water. I'm not going to tell you the contents of the deck until the RP starts, but they're all roughly equal. Again, one deck per person.
5. You will be using yourself to battle. This means that you will be the one fighting, instead of using Pokemon. I'll explain battling in the next section.
6. More information will be added to the Book as the RP goes on. Some of this will include, but not be limited to: Pokemon, items, weapons, etc.

Battling:
It's pretty simple:
Spoiler:
To battle, you need to Sync with Pokemon Cards. Once you Sync, you will gain some of the moves and abilities of that specific Pokemon. The lower your Sync Rate, the stronger your attacks will be. You won't become the Pokemon, but you will take on some of it's attributes. Weapons can be used to help you fight, and be stronger or weaker depending on you and your opponent's type.

Syncing:
Also rather simple, once you understand it:
[SPOILER]To begin with, Syncing is when you fuse with a Pokemon card. When you fuse with this card, you will gain some of it's moves and abilities. You won't become the Pokemon, or even gain all of it's powers. If you became a Pidgeot, for example, you couldn't fly. You might be able to get into the air for a short time, but you couldn't fly long distances. For Pokemon that can breathe underwater, you can only hold your breath longer.

To activate Sync, all you have to do is hold the card and think about fusing with it. Simple enough, right?

While you are in Sync with your Pokemon, you also gain some of the looks of the Synced Pokemon. For example, for a Ekans, you might gain a tail or sharp fangs. For a Polywhirl, you might get a swirl on your belly.

When battling, you don't just shoot all attacks out of your mouth. Instead, you can use special attacks with other parts of your body. For example, you can shoot a Hyper Beam out of your hand, or a Fire Blast from your foot. Some attacks will still need a specific body part (such as Roar, Dynamic Punch, and Wing Attack) but other than that, knock yourself out. This might sound a bit weird, but trust me, it'll make the RP a bit more fun.

When you take physical damage when Synced with a Pokemon card, even though you feel pain, the actual damage is dealt to the Pokemon card. When a Pokemon card takes enough damage, it automatically destroys itself. While causing no physical damage to the user, once a card is destroyed, there is no way of getting it back. Once you unSync with a Pokemon card, the card will have the same amount of damage to it as it had before you unSynced with it. Think of it kind of like swapping out Pokemon in the middle of a battle. The way to 'repair' your Pokemon cards is to go to a Waystation. As soon as you step into a Waystation, your Pokemon cards are completely repaired.

SU Sheet:
The SU sheet. All you RPers should know how to do this, but I have a few additions I have to add on to the traditional SU sheet:
Spoiler:
Name:
Physical Description:
Personality:
History:
Starting Location:
Starting Deck:

Feel free to ask any questions about the RP here. There is a maximum of 7 people, Sorry if this is inconvenient, but it would take more of my time and effort then I can give to add more. I might make some exceptions, but don't expect it. I'll get my SU up later, because I can't post it yet.

Last edited by grishnax; 05-11-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Default Re: [SU]Oblivion (A Pokemon RP)

I would love to reserve a place in this RP if you don't mind.

Name: Meghan Straus

Physical Description:

Personality:

History:

Starting Location: Forest

Starting Deck: Flying

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Reserve me please.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
malcuz Offline
Amateur Trainer

Name: Cain Irwick
Physical Description:
Personality:
History:
Starting Location: Desert
Starting Deck Ground
Reserve me please

Last edited by malcuz; 04-29-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Elecii Offline

I'd like to be reserved, please.

Name: Mya Sorra
Physical Description: Mya has long blonde hair that is held in two ponytails. She had blue streaks in her head. Her eyes are azure blue. She is about 5'5" and is quite skinny. She wears a sapphire blue top and black leggings with a dark blue skirt over the top of them.
Personality: Mya seems timid at first. She trys to avoid talking to people she doesn't know. When she becomes friends or gets to know someone she becomes less shy. She respects everyone, even those who don't respect her.
History: Mya grew up in Hoenn. She lived in Lilycove town all her life. Mya was known by everyone there. It started to become boring being there all the time, so Mya left to get some badges. When she came back four years later no one knew her. When she asked about some certian people they didn't know who they were. That was when Mya got the letter.
Starting Location: Mountains
Starting Deck: Mystery
~*~Elecii~*~

i can't love you more than this

Last edited by Elecii; 05-16-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Giratina Offline

NOTE: THIS SIGN-UP IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. C:

Name: Clare Clairmont
Physical Description:
Personality:
History:Clare grew up in Cerulean City with one brother – Keith – and all was well there. Her parents were part of the Cerulean Gym’s staff, and since Misty was a rather benevolent and child-loving young Leader at the time, she would always allow Clare and Keith to play with her many Pokémon (under close supervision, of course). These Pokémon playdates instilled a deep love of Water-types in Clare that would never leave her for the rest of her life, even in adulthood when things got… considerably worse. Regardless, life as a Clairmont was good back in the day, as both siblings could attest to. Eventually Keith grew up and shipped himself off to Hoenn, in pursuit of a job at the Weather Institute, with a hug and some warm words for Clare and the rest of the family. They returned them happily.

This was when Keith was nineteen, leaving sixteen-year-old Clare with a rekindled interest in what she was to do when she got older.

Indeed, from there on out there occurred a very odd change in Clare; instead of riding the rebellious streak she held so dear before, there was an almost overnight maturity switch in the girl – or, as she could now rightfully be called, ‘young woman’ – with a primary focus on what she was going to do when she got older. Misty, still a family friend, had offered her a job at the Cerulean Gym multiple times – all of which had been met with a “Thank you, Misty, I will take that into consideration.” Though the Gym Leader herself had turned into a more standardized bratty teenager, she regarded Clare with a smile and a nod and said the position would always be open.

Finally, the day came when Clare trotted away to Celadon City with her Politoed Abigail by her side. She had a good job on her mind, and Clare was fully intent on taking advantage of it…

…or not.

As it turned out, she was quickly distracted by one remarkably shiny building people called the “Game Corner”. All pretenses of making a decent living for herself dropped, and Clare grew quickly into a true fiend in any event they could throw at her. Coin Slots, Pokémon Roulette, Voltorb Flip… anything and everything was cannon fodder for Clare’s keen eye and reflexes. She actually made a tidy living for herself out of it, with a little help from her dear pal Keith – he, having obtained a lofty position as a well-renowned scientist, had been swindled into thinking that dear old Clare needed some financial help. So whenever the literal money machines failed her, Clare turned her cute little grin on the hypothetical one; and just like the slots, he was easy to read and easy to win over.

All was fun again for Clare Clairmont until, as is the case with all gamblers, luck began to waver.

One night, she noticed a small dip in her funding and rang up Keithy-poo for some, ahem, ‘financial consultation’. However, his usual number had apparently been disconnected, and when she consulted some of the other scientists in person none of them could recall someone named “Keith Claremont” working there. Somewhat shaken, she took a trip back to Celadon City with her trusty Dragonite (hard-bought from a particularly good night of racking up Coinage, naturally) to talk to someone she recognized about it. With the intention first of seeking Misty, her mentor in Pokémon and life, Clare skipped into the Cerulean Gym to have a nice chat with Violet before asking to speak with her sister Misty.

“Um,” said Violet, “I think you mean Daisy?”

“No, I mean Misty.”

“Um, I don’t think I have a sister named Misty. Is she like… illegitimate or something?”

Seriously creeped out by now, Clare composed herself and talked to her mother…

…who did not recognize her.

If common belief was to be held true, Molly Jameson had never met Neil Claremont. If common belief was to be held true, Clare did not exist. And there, with her life in very literal turmoil, she received the Letter.

Starting Location: Snowfield
Starting Deck: Water

Reservation, pleeease~

This sounds really epic!

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 05-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
grishnax Offline
New Trainer

Okay, you're all reserved. I'll edit this post when I have my SU up.

Name: Gregory ‘Greg’ Lokster

Physical Description:Greg is a rather tall guy, standing at 5’9”. He has spiky blonde hair, although he usually keeps it under a black baseball cap with a skull on it. He has brown eyes, which tend to show his mood. He has pale white skin, and is very skinny. So skinny, in fact, that you can see his rib cage if he breathes in hard enough. But just because he’s skinny doesn’t mean that he’s not strong.

Greg tends to wear a black hoodie, jeans, and a black belt. He has a pocket watch attached to his jeans, but it mostly just looks like he has a chain coming from his pocket to his belt. His baseball cap stays on him almost all the time, with the notable exception of when he’s dressing formally. When he dresses formally, Greg wears a white collared shirt and a dark blue vest. He also wears grey dress pants, a grey coat, and dark brown dress shoes.

Personality: Greg is one of those angel/devil type of people. He can be ‘completely perfect in every way’ when he wants to, or he can be downright evil. He almost never gets in trouble because of his ‘goody goody’ attitude, and is respected as a role model by lots of people. Many people say that he is perfect in every way. That, however, is a complete lie.

When Greg wants to, he can be a horrible and sadistic person. He can take pleasure in watching people squirm, not bothering to call for help, just standing there with an evil grin on his face. He loves to cause mischief, and has even committed minor crimes in the past. He will sometimes do things that are very bad for the other party involved, and can reject pleas for help without batting an eye.

History: Greg was born into a very high-class family, and was taught from an early age the importance of manners. He often questioned the point of manners, both mentally and to others, but always got the same response; ‘You’ll understand when you’re older.’ When he got to the age of 8, however, he did realize the importance of it. This was because he had hurt another student at his school purposefully. Thanks to his polite manners and innocent demeanor, Greg got out of trouble and convinced the teachers that the other student’s wounds were because he fell of the swings. However, it was there that he realized that he could get away with almost anything as long as he was polite and appeared innocent.

At the age of 10, Greg began to go to formal events with his parents. He charmed all the people at the events, and everyone left with a good impression of him. His parents considered him perfect, and that nothing he ever did was wrong. It was then that Greg started to commit minor crimes. Once, he got caught stealing and got sued for it. However, a combination of lack of evidence and very good lawyers left him with no problems.

At the age of 14, Greg started to notice that people were disappearing. No one else noticed at all, but he didn’t mind much. It wasn’t as if anyone he knew that well was disappearing. That all changed when his father disappeared. Suddenly, he was poor, and his mother didn’t know what to do with herself. She, too, disappeared on Greg’s 15th birthday. Greg was sent to an orphanage, and was miserable there. He spent a year there, and people he knew were disappearing. It was 3 days after his 16th birthday that he received the letter that would change his life...

Starting Location: Plains

Starting Deck: Normal

Last edited by grishnax; 04-29-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Incandescent Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Incandescent

Name: Kurt Stolak
Physical Description: Kurt is very short, around 5'1. He has straight brown hair, and normally wears a light grey polo with jeans.Over this he has a navy blue jacket and black sneakers He has hazel eyes and has relatively tan skin. Although he is on the pudgy side, most of it is muscle.

Personality: Kurt is outgoing and responsible. His main flaw is his short temper and easily resorts to violence, even without needing to. He is best as a team player, and loves Pokemon more than anyone else, or so he thinks. Even though he likes Pokemon, he can get blinded by determination, overworking his former real pokemon. Although they loved him, he will not respond to anything until he wins.
History: Kurt was born in a poor immagrant family. They couldn't afford a pokemon for him, so he caught a Sentret in the alleys by the old apartment. When he found out about the disappearances, he was especially concerned about his Furret, but one day soon after Furret was gone too. Alone and pokemonless, he left his home and lived in the streets. Eventually foster care caught up to him and took him to a foster home, where mail was uncommon. After two torturous years at the foster home, he recieved a special letter which would provide for him forever.
Starting Location: Beach
Starting Deck: Fight
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 AM
grishnax Offline
New Trainer

Okay Incandescent, you're accepted. I just recommend adding a little more content to your SU. As for all the others, I hope that you guys get your SU's up soon.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
NES2 Offline

... how come when I post an RP, it ends up deserted, BUT WHEN THE NEW GUY POST ONE, EVERYONE FLOCKS TO IT!!!!

But I'll reserve, since this is pretty awesome and the RP section has been dead for a while...
Old 05-01-2010, 01:05 AM
grishnax Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
... how come when I post an RP, it ends up deserted, BUT WHEN THE NEW GUY POST ONE, EVERYONE FLOCKS TO IT!!!!
I guess that mine is just a very well thought out and fun sounding RP. That, or sheer dumb luck. Anyways, I've made a reservation list for anyone who cares to reserve a spot. You're first on the list, NES2.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
grishnax Offline
New Trainer

Elecii, Water is already taken. You're going to have to pick another type. Grsspkmnmaster is going to have to get Cave by default, since all the other locations were taken. The two remaining are Mystery and Fire, and first come, first serve.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Elecii Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by grishnax View Post
Elecii, Water is already taken. You're going to have to pick another type. Grsspkmnmaster is going to have to get Cave by default, since all the other locations were taken. The two remaining are Mystery and Fire, and first come, first serve.
I'll take Mystery then.

i can't love you more than this
Old 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Giratina Offline

Ah, about that...
I think I'll need to delete my application. I've got a lot going on both pertaining to roleplays and other things, and one more app I need to write is really not helping matters. |D Sorry.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
NES2 Offline

Sorry, but I'm gonna cancel my reserve. Sergeant Pika's Lonely Luvdisc Band is finally picking up, so i'm gonna focus my effort on that.