Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Battle Money?

1k for winning a 6v6 is preety lame to be honest, 6v6's usually take a long ass time, can even last three, four, they've gone for five before.

So I propose that such battles need more reward.

2k for win and 1k for loss in both 6v6 and 5v5 battles. Also possibly 1.5k for win and 750 for loss in 4v4.

Much fairer, considering it's very hard to make alot of money simply from battling.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Battle Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
1k for winning a 6v6 is preety lame to be honest, 6v6's usually take a long ass time, can even last three, four, they've gone for five before.

So I propose that such battles need more reward.

2k for win and 1k for loss in both 6v6 and 5v5 battles. Also possibly 1.5k for win and 750 for loss in 4v4.

Much fairer, considering it's very hard to make alot of money simply from battling.
And battles have the only purpose of making money since... when again?
You state it's very hard to make a lot of money simply from battling. That might be true, but it might be something that applies to non-newbie members - who have the chance to become a ref, grader or ranger. Those new to the game don't have that much Pokémon, anyway.

Payment is fine. Special 6 vs 6 already pay enough, like 'em elite battles.

Edit: Also take in mind that 2 vs 2's take much less time than a theoretical high-paying long battle and yet pay 1k
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 04-27-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus

It seems like, when I was active at least, somebody brought this up once a year or so... Marth kinda just nailed it there. If you're having a 5v5 or 6v6, chances are its either a special battle like Elites, etc. or just for fun. Nobody would do a 6v6 thinking, "Say, this could really pay off after the 2 hours or so it will take for me to complete..."

Unless of course, you were considering throwing the match... which is dishonest
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
You state it's very hard to make a lot of money simply from battling. That might be true, but it might be something that applies to non-newbie members - who have the chance to become a ref, grader or ranger. Those new to the game don't have that much Pokémon, anyway.

Not everyone wnats to face an elite? D:

And battles should be about money, TMs are essential in the URPG and not everyone has the time/ability to become a ref. We have alot of active URPG members and few active refs, even less active graders, and the active rangers are also, starting to dwindle.

Battles should be about making a self-supporting amount of money, otherwise people can never advance. There are quite alot of peolpe who leave the URPG after starting because it takes them 10 losses to get a low level TM?...

Especially people who don't have AIM, how are they expected to make alot of money?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:21 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami
Too bad for them

Quote:
And battles should be about money, TMs are essential in the URPG and not everyone has the time/ability to become a ref. We have alot of active URPG members and few active refs, even less active graders, and the active rangers are also, starting to dwindle.
You joined URPG for virtual money? Fun stuff! Most of us didn't.

TMs are NOT essential. I swept an entire gym with an Infernape with 1 TM. I don't think I even used that move...

I used to be a ref. If I'm not mistaken, most of the time spent becoming one is waiting to have your quiz graded or to be tested

If the activity is dwindling, why not do something about it? Upping battle payouts won't solve that serious problem. If I'm not mistaken, URPG still functions fine.

Quote:
Battles should be about making a self-supporting amount of money, otherwise people can never advance. There are quite alot of peolpe who leave the URPG after starting because it takes them 10 losses to get a low level TM?...
Look at it this way: Money is the motivator to get others involved in reffing and other such things. If we increase battle payout, perhaps people will care less about money-making positions?

Quote:
Especially people who don't have AIM, how are they expected to make alot of money?
They are all made full aware that URPG is much easier with a messenger. Its in the "Getting Started" thread if I'm not mistaken. Not only that but a 6v6 battle would take FOREVER on the forums...

Soooo... Any questions?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Yeah well... bum-fluff D: .

I support my point regardless, 500 for loosing a 3 hour 6v6 is not fair.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
Yeah well... bum-fluff D: .

I support my point regardless, 500 for losing a 3 hour 6v6 is not fair.
I covered that if I'm not mistaken, people shouldn't do 6v6 battles if they have any interest in money.

Tisk tisk, you should pay more attention during class

Last edited by RaptorJesus; 04-27-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Only crazy people do 6 vs. 6 without 'em being special battles. Refs are still willing to do it, since they get paid a lot. But I've done a few of those for fun, not for money. If you want money join a FFA.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:

Edit: Also take in mind that 2 vs 2's take much less time than a theoretical high-paying long battle and yet pay 1k
Quote:
Only crazy people do 6 vs. 6 without 'em being special battles. Refs are still willing to do it, since they get paid a lot. But I've done a few of those for fun, not for money. If you want money join a FFA.
/thread

No one really does 6vs6s unless they're either elite, LD, or gym, and when they do do a regular battle as Marth said, its usually for fun (also they're usually between older members who might not care about money as much as newer members).

Money is fine as it is.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJesus View Post
I covered that if I'm not mistaken, people shouldn't do 6v6 battles if they have any interest in money.

Tisk tisk, you should pay more attention during class
That's not the intention for the battle, but it's certenly unfair that if you do loose, all you get is 500...
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Quote:
That's not the intention for the battle, but it's certenly unfair that if you do lose, all you get is 500...
How is it unfair? You didn't go into the battle looking for money, that has already been established...
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Adding on, 2k for 6v6 allows for potential abuse in which people use one Pokemon to sweep through the other team for easy money.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:

I wanna post on this particular comment. I am still relatively new to the URPG, and I only recently got AIM. I still managed just fine with my little Poochyena, and sure it did take me 10 something battles to get enough money to buy a new mon, those battles were fun. I joined the URPG coz it looked like a load of fun. It's not all about the money. I haven't even used TM's on any of my pokes yet. I'm just still getting accustomed to stuff, and having fun.

I don't think more money is needed, coz if I remember right that most 6v6 are elite or some sorta special match like peeps have been saying, and they usually pay double anyway (I think) don't they?

And really, if you wanted money, then you'd go get yourself some quick 1v1 battles, or do contests. Contests are a reasonably good source of money, and a good change from battling. You could also go participate in a FFA. I participated in a huge one Ataro hosted once. I got 10k for getting KOd in Round 3. Not bad money really.

If you want money that badly, then get creative. The URPG isn't all battles. And I'm looking forward to being able to do my first 6v6 soon, once I buy my Trapinch, and I'll do it for fun, not for "Oooooh, I should get like $45,000,000 from this derpderp"

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 05-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Adding on, 2k for 6v6 allows for potential abuse in which people use one Pokemon to sweep through the other team for easy money.
I did that in a real battle in under 9 turns, so it can be done now too lol.

If it's so unfair getting $500 for losing, try winning.