Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:58 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: New Hero for Gen 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2007 View Post
Anyone here who thinks there will be a replacement for Ash and his Pikachu are in Fantasy land IMHO. If Ash and Pikachu leaves the anime, then it will have meant the series bones the old sushi fish.

I see Ash, a new female protagonist, Brock, Team Rocket and a couple new rivals in the next generation. Theory: If it isn't broke, why bother to even fix it?
Because some of us here actually still sort of like Pokemon and want it to be like how it was in Kanto and Johto, with May and Max pulling Brock by the ear all the time instead of a Pokemon doing it...just not cool.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

A new Hero for the 5th Generation Anime is not a bad idea. But I do not want Ash to leave, because, whether you like that character or not, watching the Anime without him would be little hard to get used to one way or the other. If he does get replaced with another Hero, some people may even quit watching the Anime due to that reason really XD But, it'd be interesting to see Brock being replaced by someone else or a different side of Ash o: To see a different side of Ash Pikachu needs to change (aka evolve... Well, that's what I think), but that's not very likely to happen ;_;

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 04-30-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Because some of us here actually still sort of like Pokemon and want it to be like how it was in Kanto and Johto, with May and Max pulling Brock by the ear all the time instead of a Pokemon doing it...just not cool.
Wait, what?

Hey croagunk is awesome and he'll probably stay with Brock if Brock is in the next season.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

It's obvious. It happened in Yu-Gi-Oh! and it's gonna happen here. If you've noticed in the Anime, there was a mini-adventure every now and then. Between Kanto and Johto was Orange Islands, and between Hoenn and Sinnoh was the Battle Frontier. The mini-adventure between Sinnoh and Gen 5 will be the Elite 4; why Elite 4? 'Cuz they were featured in episode 35 of DP and I believe that they featured them to give us a hint at what's gonna happen in the future.

Spoiler:
However, Ash needs to win a Pokemon League to challenge the Elite 4. Therefore, I think Ash will win the Sinnoh League and then the mini-adventure will be the Elite 4 challenge. I dunno if Ash will beat all of them [even though my sig says otherwise] but this will be the last time we see him as the our hero.
Spoiler:

If Ash doesn't challenge the Elite 4 'cuz maybe he doesn't win the Sinnoh League, I will be disappointed. My beef with the story writers will be "If Ash doesn't get to at least challenge the Elite 4, then what was the whole point of episode DP 35 featuring the Elite 4? We never saw an Elite 4 in Kanto, Johto or Hoenn. So why now? He is aspiring to be a Pokemon master and he can't challenge the greatest trainers in Pokemon at the moment? You guys suck at writing stories!"

Then we will get a new hero, which will probably be the hero from Black and White.

And they need a new hero. 4 generations of the same stuff did get boring. Same old Team Rocket, same old trying to get Pikachu, same old 8 gyms, same old getting lost, same old small side-stories. Remember how long it took the crew to get to Ecruteak? They tried to juice it up with the contests and the Jay character but ya know what... contests suck balls and Jay rarely makes an appearance.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I think (if it is true) that is unlikely. Why would they get rid of their number one mascot. Everyone has heard of Pikachu and Ash. I mean, even people who aren't into Pokemon. The fact is, if they get a new hero, it will be an Ash wannabe. And we already know how the Pokemon Company deals with wannabes. Just look at Max, May, and Dawn... TOTAL WANNABEES for both Brock and Misty.

Now, a new hero to be along side Ash (or a small miniseries with another hero) is fine! But replacing the main series with another annoying fill-in character is idiotic. Ash, the reason his voice is so messed up is because about 2 years ago, a new company bought out the original USA company that owned Pokemon USA. They used all their money on the buyout that they couldn't afford the voice actor Veronica Taylor (who did Ash's voice for over half the series currently).

As the old saying goes, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. That has already shown when Misty "left" the show...
Old 05-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Sloddikus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sloddikus Send a message via MSN to Sloddikus Send a message via Skype™ to Sloddikus

I would welcome a new hero greatly. I would especially appreciate it that, if they used the new male protagonist, that the themes for the show become a bit more mature (like PG) since the trainers are supposed to be older than ever before. It would attract older fans like myself who loved the first two seasons of Pokemon, and might even revitalize some interest from kids who quit watching it because of how baby-ish it has become (because as it is right now, it's borderline Sesame Street without the health food awareness and multi-cultural noise).

or just end the series we know with Ash and start a new anime based on the Pokemon Special manga.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM

Yeah, I don't think they will, it is virtually impossible to have a sequel like thing and have it as good as the original.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 AM
reluctantpokefreak95 Offline

I think that, to please children while still pull in older viewers, they should make a spin-off series. The same basic format as the anime (trainer gets Pokemon, travels with friends to different regions), but with less stupid, repetitive storylines. Oh, and no Pikachu!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM

Ah, a spin off would be good. Back in the old days of Pokemon it was way less repetitive!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

With the new protagonists being older, it's a good guess that they'll will be replacing brock next season with the male protagonists(or Tracy :P) But if they do, who will be the female companion? Dawn could be....

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 05-17-2010, 02:33 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

the anime should follow the manga with Red, Green, Blue and yellow for Kanto.

Gold, Silver and probably Blue again since her and Silver have "a past".

I think having the 5th Gen heroes follow the Manga FOR 5th Gen I'd probably be more interested.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Alonso Offline

They should do it anyway (like in Yugioh 5DS with a cooler character) and also so we don't have to put up with Ash Ketchum's PUSA voice dub.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Or they could just simply change the voice back to Veronica Taylor who did a sensational job! She just had the voice for the character and no one could do it better!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Alonso Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Or they could just simply change the voice back to Veronica Taylor who did a sensational job! She just had the voice for the character and no one could do it better!
Yeeeaaaah.... I don't see that happening out of nowhere.
Go to the Anime section

Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 AM

It is possible. If Pokemon isn't dying, like so many people think, the brand new company that runs Pokemon should be able to afford her before to long... If they don't, they will have made a terrible mistake!