Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
[Fair] Offline

Send a message via AIM to [Fair]
Default MMORPGs: Is The Extra Money Worth It?

MMORPGs are some of the most addicting, and entertaining games you can buy, but there is a serious downside: the standard monthly fee...

So, what's more important to you? Bang for your buck, or paying extra for a much bigger experience? Alot of people believe that once you buy a game, you shouldn't have to pay any more money for it...
Old 04-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: MMORPGs: Is The Extra Money Worth It?

If you have friends to play with, it could be worth it for a reasonable price... if ur playing by yourself... complete waste.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:29 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Um, Jet, actually, no, it's a good way to make friends, I tell you =P

I've been in one MMOG(Massive Multiplayer Online Game) and one MMORPG(Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game), and I loved the experience. It was awesome stealing stuff(Somebody kills a boss, boss drops stuff, you steal it =P), and it was kinda nice training. I'd love if they made a Pokemon MMORPG.
Old 04-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

I think the extra money is worth it. I mean, you can play with friends, make new friends, and have a lasting experience, and only pay the fee for the duration of your play (may that be 3 months, or a year). The quests, and the large ammount of people in one server at once... and you always get new stuff added to that world, may it be quests, items, places, continents, people, etc.

The onyl thing that bothers me is that for canadians, the fee will probably be converted from American$ to Canadian$, which is significantly more expensive. It can be 7$AMERICAN, and become 15$CAN or more.

I havent played one yet; but I am anxious for "WORLD OF WARCRAFT" which seems really cool. I agree that a PKMN MMORPG would be cool, but only if they had tons of palces and things to do/go to.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

as far as MMO, never pay for it. i don't have dedication to anything i do, playing one thing for a while then another and maybe coming back to the first thing three months later. to pay $30+ for a video game, PC or system, is a waste of money and if you have to pay for online time, way too much spent. i would never pay to play online. im addicted to free.

i have played Ashen Empire (aka Dransik) Beta customer but to pay for it wasn't worth my time.

but i heard rumors of the new Matrix game and finally say the preview on the Revolutions DVD (awesome). it will be online. im the crazy Matrix fan and i will spend day in and out online and am willing to pay for it. i can't miss out on this great opportunity.

~Jack~

-| Links |-