Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Powerhouse of World War II

I rather enjoyed reading the thread which discussed this question, and was saddened to see that it was locked upon the thread creators request. I however, will not request that this thread be locked.

Discuss away.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117
Default Re: Powerhouse of World War II

Russia and Germany.
Maybe Japan too.

Also to reply to this quote form the other thread:
Quote:
To be honest, the real person who defeated Hitler was Hitler. I personally believe his stupidity made the Germans lose more than anything else.
I agree. If Hitler saved his resources and didnt waste time going after the Jews...Germany most likely wouldve taken over Europe and established their Third Reich or whatever it was.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.

Last edited by spartan117; 04-18-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Russia and Germany.
Maybe Japan too.

Also to reply to this quote form the other thread:

I agree. If Hitler saved his resources and didnt waste time going after the Jews...Germany most likely wouldve taken over Europe and established their Third Reich or whatever it was.
The Jews have nothing to do with it. Hitler's mistakes were 1. Expecting Britain would surrender, 2. Invading Russia, and 3. Declaring war on the US. Had he crushed Britain first and not attacked Russia, the US probably wouldn't have wanted to declare war on Germany without allies and Hitler could have ended the war holding western Europe.

Then again, with the atom bomb in play with the US, if the US really wanted to kill Hitler, they could still have done it without Russia or Britain.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Considering Britain made the atom bomb, you can't really praise America.

Not only did we weaponise it, we also first split the atom.

We = British.

And as I said before, Germany where the powerhouses.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Considering Britain made the atom bomb, you can't really praise America.
Never again will I consider any Brit to have to right to complain about Americans being stupid arrogant big-heads... Next you're going to tell me Britain built the Pyramids of Giza, the Great Wall, the Eiffel Tower, and Mt. Everest.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 04-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:03 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

If you don't think we created those bombs, then you're poorly educated on the subject.

We will never agree, I hate America as a nation, You don't particullarly like Britain, sorted.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
The Jews have nothing to do with it. Hitler's mistakes were 1. Expecting Britain would surrender, 2. Invading Russia, and 3. Declaring war on the US. Had he crushed Britain first and not attacked Russia, the US probably wouldn't have wanted to declare war on Germany without allies and Hitler could have ended the war holding western Europe.

Then again, with the atom bomb in play with the US, if the US really wanted to kill Hitler, they could still have done it without Russia or Britain.
I agree that he should have went for Britain first then he would have won. But think about it. All those soldiers/guns/time wasted on just getting all the Jews into concentration camps could have been used to build up the army even more....although he did use Jews in factories and whatnot.
Hitler and Stalin had a non-aggression pact which Hitler broke. They were going to attack each other sooner or later just Hitler did it first. Him declaring war on US didnt do as much either I think since the US were busy fighting the Japanese.

Also the atom bomb was developed after WWII ended in Europe so US could only use it on Japan which they did.

@Masami: British made the atom bomb? This is news to me...

America was a powerhouse in a way...just not in Europe...in Asia instead.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

Old 04-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Britain did research into the atom bomb from 1919 up until 1942, which is when we sent our scientists, researches and resources to America.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Britain did research into the atom bomb from 1919 up until 1942, which is when we sent our scientists, researches and resources to America.
So did Germany and Russia.
US were the first ones to develop is though.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

No, Britain developed it and handed it over to America.

Read about the mustard gas factories, thats where it was secretely developed.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

During World War II, the United States, with the assistance (collaboration) of physicists, mathematicians, and engineers from the U.S., Britain, Canada and Europe, completed the Manhattan Project to produce the first atomic bomb.
(The project started as the "Manhattan District Engineers" and only became "The Manhattan Project" some time later).

There was some early speculation about the possibility of what could be done if a nuclear chain reaction was unleashed in a way that would allow it to build without control. For a roll call, consider that Robert Oppenheimer was the head of "science" for the Manhattan Project, and (in alphabetical order) Felix Block, David Bohm, Niels Bohr, Enrico Fermi, James Franck, Otto Frisch, Klaus Fuchs, Rudolf Peierls, Emilio Segre, Leo Szilard, Edward Teller and Eugene Wigner all played crucial roles in getting the weapon designed and built.

The physicist Albert Einstein did not participate directly in the invention of the atomic bomb-but was instrumental in facilitating its development. His Special Theory of Relativity emphasized that a large amount of energy could be released from a small amount of matter. This was expressed by the equation E=mc2 (energy = mass times the speed of light squared). The atomic bomb would clearly illustrate this principle.

The first demonstration of "the gadget" (the code name for the first atomic bomb) was at Trinity site in Alamogordo, New Mexico, and it proved that the weapon would detonate and that the chain would build as predicted. The second and third demonstrations were conducted in Japan, which brought a quick end to the Second World War. Just up to and during World War 2, Germany was also working to develop atomic weapons, but was hampered by many technical and political problems (including sabotage and Allied bombings) which prevented their successfully completing their work. This left the U.S. as the only nation to ever unleash nuclear weapons in an attack.

James, I don't know where the hell you're getting your information

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm

Last edited by miyoun; 04-19-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
No, Britain developed it and handed it over to America.

Read about the mustard gas factories, thats where it was secretely developed.
Yes, and a couple more things:

1) Bigfoot is real, I have him in my closet.
2) There are little green men wandering outside of Area 51.

What do all of these things have in common? Why, I do believe they're all *snip* like your crockpot theory that the British developed the Atomic Bomb. It didn't happen that way, deal with it. Brush up on your World War II history too, buddy.

The Powerhouse of World War II was definitely the Germans, followed closely by the Soviets. However, the US did much more than Britain. During the first few years of the War while we were not directly involved with combat, we were the main suppliers of arms, munitions, and food to Britain, France, and the Soviets(though, the Soviets were the less needy of the three). Without our weapons, the outcome of the European Theater would have been greatly altered.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 04-19-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

I'll just leave this thread, you're all wrong, simple...

And I'm getting my infromation from documentires, reports, etc.etc.

We developed the atomic bombs, sent everything over to America and you made them, congratulations.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
I'll just leave this thread, you're all wrong, simple...

And I'm getting my infromation from documentires, reports, etc.etc.

We developed the atomic bombs, sent everything over to America and you made them, congratulations.
see they are right. it doesnt matter who thought of it first, what matters is who made it.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

It was a collab.

America made it. The development was by MORE THAN ONE COUNTRY.

James, what the fvck kind of documentaries are you watching? I didn't even do history at school and I seem to know more.

Name removed for privacy says (13:46):
*I think the americans made it. We just made ammo.

SOMEONE WHO DID LEARN ABOUT THAT PERIOD OF TIME

edit: James's only argument is "my facts are true". Sources must be given before people will believe its true.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm

Last edited by miyoun; 04-19-2010 at 12:52 PM.