Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Pe2k North American Meet-Up [Pre-Alpha Build]

So, most of you know what the PE2K UK Meet-Up is, so here's the version for us North Americans to talk about how WE'RE gonna meet up. Now, NA is a LOT bigger than the UK, so obviously there will be some trouble, but me and a couple of other Pe2kers have been talking about meeting up anyway, so I figured that I'd share with the rest of you what OUR plan is.

So, next summer (early June, probs) is the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, California. Being a massive gamer and a staff writer for a Nintendo news website, my interest naturally perked at the prospect of finally being old enough to head on out there in 2010. I decided I'd bring the idea up to a few friends, both on and off Pe2k, and it's turned into a bit of a meeting between myself and 3 other members of the forum. So, here I was saturday night thinking "Why don't we open this up so anybody can go?". Following that line of logic, I skillfully decided "I think I'll open this up so everybody can go!", which brought me here. Dates and times are tentative, so bear with me, I'm just trying to get a feel for who may or may not be interested in going.

Dates: Early/Mid-June, 2010
Place: Los Angeles, California

Is anyone else interested in the prospect of meeting up with fellow Pe2kers at E3 this coming year?
Old 10-24-2009, 02:22 PM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy
Default Re: Pe2k North American Meet-Up [Pre-Alpha Build]

I live only twenty minutes away from LA, so meeting there at E3 shouldn't be a problem for myself.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:59 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

Good luck on your meet-up!

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I'd love to, especially since I should be in Cali with my mom by then, only problem being I can't drive and my mom hates taking me to expos and stuff--that and she lives up in Northern Cali, so I probably won't be there. Good luck to you anyway!

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

By then I'll have my car, and I only live about an hour from L.A so sure, why not.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

I wish I could join you all there. However, I live on the East Coast - and although I could drive there myself, I don't have enough money to do so because of no 'stable' job and college debt.

Good luck to all of you who meet up in LA. ;D
Old 10-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Angela Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Angela

Good luck on the meet up.. I wonder if I should make a Icelandic member meet up.... We could go to the movies and do things I like.. :3(Angela's day of fun)

Gucci, Fendi, Prada purses, purchasing them finer things
Avatar by Tombi <3 Banner by Angela

Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I wish I could go, but seeing as how I'm too young to go there myself (and I certainly can't afford a plane ticket) and there is not a chance that my parents will let me go... I have to pass. Sorry :(

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I'd love to go. But unfortunately, I'm too young to fly cross-country by myself. And I doubt my parents would let me go. :P

But perhaps if you guys run around holding signs up and everything, I'll be able to see you on G4. O:

|thedynamicduo|
Old 10-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

I wish I could go. D:

Unfortunately, I've got a job lined up for next summer with one of the local farmers. He'll probably need me to work almost every day, so... Yeah...

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
I'd love to go. But unfortunately, I'm too young to fly cross-country by myself. And I doubt my parents would let me go. :P

But perhaps if you guys run around holding signs up and everything, I'll be able to see you on G4. O:
E3 stopped being invite only right? In that case I'll probably go, since E3 is one of my four Nerd Destinations (the other three being the Tokyo Game Show, the San Diego Comic Con and PAX). Hooray for finding something to do inbetween graduation and college!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:12 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
E3 stopped being invite only right? In that case I'll probably go, since E3 is one of my four Nerd Destinations (the other three being the Tokyo Game Show, the San Diego Comic Con and PAX). Hooray for finding something to do inbetween graduation and college!
Dude, you do not know how much I wanted to go to the San Deigo Comic-Con last year--they had Tite Kubo there and I'm a huge Bleach fan, but sadly my mother's not very nice.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Brb applying for my passport.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:57 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I would love to go, but since I live in VA and I don't think I can afford a cross country road trip, I can't :(

*sigh* Virgina is so boring. The only big thing happens where I live is the Nascar races at Bristol(and still that's actually in Tenn.) and it consists of drunk rednecks and The Dale Jr. Cult. wooooo it's a party -_-

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I would rename this to be the "PE2K USA West Coast Meet-Up."

Chances are pretty good most of the people you'll be getting already live somewhere in California and are within driving distance. Not to mention the fact it would cost anyone who lives on the East Coast around $380 for the flight alone without even counting the cost of the hotel stay and food. So a good estimation would be that anyone on the other side of the country have to blow $1000 in total to do this. That's a lot of money, especially for this kind of economy.

I would say you're setting your sights way too broadly. Target anyone who is around your side of the country, but expecting everyone in the entire continent to try and arrange this trip is a bit much.