Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
NikoBelic999 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NikoBelic999
Default Mods Please Close This

Im on another forum, and some British Kid is saying that British was better, and we did nothing.

Said things like "THE US DID NOT SAVE ANYBODY" Wrong. We stormed Normandy, took back France. I dont recall ever hearing about the British doing anything to help.

Another: "THE US DID NOT DEFEAT ANYONE" Wrong. Who defeated the Japanese? Us. Who dropped the A-Bomb? Us. Did Britain do anything Substantial? No.

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST BRITAIN! Im just saying that WE were the powerhouse of WWII.

Another: "RUSSIA DID ALOT IN WWII AND WOULD BE HARD TO DEFEAT" Sure they did alot, but the way they were hit hard, we could've taken them there. AND if Im not mistaken, the Russians would have been on the Axis side, IF the Nazis wouldn't have backstabbed them.

So post these keywords for each country at the start of your post:
USA
UK
RSA (Russia)
GERM

Last edited by NikoBelic999; 04-18-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso
Default Re: Who was the powerhouse of WWII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBelic999 View Post
Im on another forum, and some British Kid is saying that British was better, and we did nothing.

Said things like "THE US DID NOT SAVE ANYBODY" Wrong. We stormed Normandy, took back France. I dont recall ever hearing about the British doing anything to help.

Another: "THE US DID NOT DEFEAT ANYONE" Wrong. Who defeated the Japanese? Us. Who dropped the A-Bomb? Us. Did Britain do anything Substantial? No.

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST BRITAIN! Im just saying that WE were the powerhouse of WWII.

Another: "RUSSIA DID ALOT IN WWII AND WOULD BE HARD TO DEFEAT" Sure they did alot, but the way they were hit hard, we could've taken them there. AND if Im not mistaken, the Russians would have been on the Axis side, IF the Nazis wouldn't have backstabbed them.

USA
UK
RSA (Russia)
GERM
Then go tell him. I don't see what the point is of telling us. We already know this.
Go to the Anime section

Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
NikoBelic999 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NikoBelic999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
Then go tell him. I don't see what the point is of telling us. We already know this.
I just wanted some personal opinions....
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
I just wanted some personal opinions....
There's really not a lot to argue here. I'm sure that 99% of the users here would agree that USA was the powerhouse.

There will always be an oddball. That guy is probably just a troll or a clone.
Go to the Anime section

Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Russia was in the war for like 4 years before the allies/US decided to open the second front. Also the British and French are the reason the war started cause of the treaty of Versailles. Also they couldve stopped Hitler but the British appeased him and kissed his ass so he wouldnt start a war....and we know what happened.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 AM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:

USA
UK
RSA (Russia)
GERM
Before I even write anything on this, I have two serious questions I need answered:

1. How old are you
2. Where did you learn the majority of your history

Old 04-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Flammenwerfer Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flammenwerfer Send a message via MSN to Flammenwerfer Send a message via Skype™ to Flammenwerfer

I don't know much about the war, but Tyranitar has always been a powerhouse on my team.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

The way I see it, the US were nowhere near powerhouses simply because they were dolts that only decided to get into the war 4 years after everyone else did, and they still nearly got pwned by Japan if not for their enormous stroke of luck at the Battle of Midway.

I mean seriously, imagine the countries are trainers with 6 Legendaries apiece and start fighting. After like 20 turns in which all of them are down to 3 or less Pokemon with low health, a new trainer comes in with 6 random Pokemon, cleans up all the dying Pokemon, then says, "Hey, I won, I'm the powerhouse!"

Furthermore, US took nearly no part in World War I whereas Britain, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, etcetera lost a lot of resources in the previous war which was less than 10 years ago, especially Germany, since they got crushed itty little bits by the war settlement (see: Treaty of Versailles). I think that Germany was very impressive in WWII, considering it got so strong in such a short space of time on their own. I say "on their own" because they did it from their own economy/resources; no one supplied them with extra ships or men. Russia was a powerhouse due to sheer manpower but was lacking in everything else. They had 2 soldiers to one rifle at some points. In fact they only managed to beat back the Germans because the seasons changed and the Russians were better equipped to fight in negative temperatures, as well as the Germans being too overstretched over the huge amount of Russian land they conquered is.

Britain and France were utter failures, so they are not powerhouses. Britain is especially bad, since they totally lost their superpower status as a result of the World Wars.

So my current list is:

Powerhouses:
Germany
Russia
Japan

And US is missing because US, as mentioned above, got into the war while everyone was weakened and won easily. :/

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
The way I see it, the US were nowhere near powerhouses simply because they were dolts that only decided to get into the war 4 years after everyone else did, and they still nearly got pwned by Japan if not for their enormous stroke of luck at the Battle of Midway.

I mean seriously, imagine the countries are trainers with 6 Legendaries apiece and start fighting. After like 20 turns in which all of them are down to 3 or less Pokemon with low health, a new trainer comes in with 6 random Pokemon, cleans up all the dying Pokemon, then says, "Hey, I won, I'm the powerhouse!"

Furthermore, US took nearly no part in World War I whereas Britain, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, etcetera lost a lot of resources in the previous war which was less than 10 years ago, especially Germany, since they got crushed itty little bits by the war settlement (see: Treaty of Versailles). I think that Germany was very impressive in WWII, considering it got so strong in such a short space of time on their own. I say "on their own" because they did it from their own economy/resources; no one supplied them with extra ships or men. Russia was a powerhouse due to sheer manpower but was lacking in everything else. They had 2 soldiers to one rifle at some points. In fact they only managed to beat back the Germans because the seasons changed and the Russians were better equipped to fight in negative temperatures, as well as the Germans being too overstretched over the huge amount of Russian land they conquered is.

Britain and France were utter failures, so they are not powerhouses. Britain is especially bad, since they totally lost their superpower status as a result of the World Wars.

So my current list is:

Powerhouses:
Germany
Russia
Japan

And US is missing because US, as mentioned above, got into the war while everyone was weakened and won easily. :/
I agree with this. They didn't really do much(looking at the whole picture) so yeah. We pretty much entered the war to get vegence on Japan.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

During the war, americans were the ******* who jumped in near the end to kill the weak. I don't care if anyone thinks I'm wrong.

I'm british, and they fought to save france and things, so since they were the main targets of alot of germans for a long time, they were weakened, especially being a hugely small country, but I do not think they are were the powerhouses.

The russians were, they stormed germany and pretty ended the war, I see them as the strongest country from WWII.

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post

So my current list is:

Powerhouses:
Germany
Russia
Japan

+1
US did save Britain and France...but Britain and France could have stopped Germany even before the war started.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Are you arrogant g0ddamn american's trying to claim vitory again?

Might I remind you we held the Germans off for 3 years BY OURSELVES before you even got envolved?...
Also, during the war you hardly did anything in Europe, you focused on Japan, getting revenge.

Us and the soviets could have easily won without you in europe...
Don't try to claim that you did something, because you didn't...g0ddamn it pi**es me off when people disrespect us like that. You might think your big now, but Britain was the 'powerhouse' of the world for about 200 years, if it wasn't for WW1 and 2, which bankrupt us, we still would be.

We fought 2 wars against the Germans in a 30 year period, lets review...
WW1 - You joined in 1917.
WW2 - You joined in 1942.

Your foreign policy does, and always has, sucked.

OH and dudes: Germany = The powerhouses of WW2, quite obviously. They conqured all of Europe apart from Britain and about a 1/4 of Russia...by themselves...

Last edited by Masami; 04-17-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

The ignorance in this thread is appalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Are you arrogant g0ddamn american's trying to claim vitory again?

Might I remind you we held the Germans off for 3 years BY OURSELVES before you even got envolved?...
Hitler never wanted to invade Britain in the first place, hence, you "held off" a tiny insignificant portion of the German air force, which you could not have done without the US supplying you with guns, ammunition, raw materials, and food. Without the US Britain would have been starved to death by U-boats; you had only a few weeks left of rations in the entire UK when the first American Lend-Lease ships arrived. Lend-Lease was conceived because Britain was completely broke halfway through WWII.

Quote:
Also, during the war you hardly did anything in Europe, you focused on Japan, getting revenge.
Also wrong. Roosevelt knew that Germany was by far the bigger threat, and had wanted to join the war since the beginning but couldn't due to public opinion. 60% of American war resources were sent to Europe and by far most of American soldiers.

Quote:
Us and the soviets could have easily won without you in europe...
Also bullshit. Britain could have contributed nothing to the war effort without the US except for Ultra and some token bombing raids on Germany. If it weren't for the US, all the UK could have done after the Battle of Britain was sit on their islands hoping the USSR didn't get murdered.

In addition, the USSR could very well not have survived without US economic aid. Read this article, written by a Russian WWII veteran, for an idea.

Quote:
Don't try to claim that you did something, because you didn't...g0ddamn it pi**es me off when people disrespect us like that. You might think your big now, but Britain was the 'powerhouse' of the world for about 200 years, if it wasn't for WW1 and 2, which bankrupt us, we still would be.
And guess what? You're not anymore. GET OVER IT.

Quote:
We fought 2 wars against the Germans in a 30 year period, lets review...
WW1 - You joined in 1917.
WW2 - You joined in 1942.
And we saved your asses both times.

Quote:
Your foreign policy does, and always has, sucked.
So, you support a Stalin-governed communist Western Europe?

Quote:
OH and dudes: Germany = The powerhouses of WW2, quite obviously. They conqured all of Europe apart from Britain and about a 1/4 of Russia...by themselves...
Germany's successes were more due to the incompetence of their enemies than their own power. When their enemies finally got it together, they lost.

During the war, the United States manufactured 50% of the weapons in the world, 45% of all the non-military goods in the world, and half of all ships afloat were American. And of course, the US had the atom bomb.

Russia can claim to be an Allied powerhouse of WWII. Britain shouldn't even joke about it.

And to any other western European: We're the reason why you didn't have to live under Stalin. Keep that in mind the next time you don't think the US did anything in WWII.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."

Last edited by Lusankya; 04-17-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Lusankya, I find your post extraordinarily amusing. And you wonder why you guys have a massive rep. for being big-headed? Whooooaaaa.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Lusankya, I find your post extraordinarily amusing. And you wonder why you guys have a massive rep. for being big-headed? Whooooaaaa.
I know full well that the US is big-headed, and that in most cases it's unjustified. In the case of US participation in WWII, however, the only ones that have the right to accuse the US of being big-headed are the Russians.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Closed Thread