Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flu View Post
Notice I didn't mention anything about gameplay, simply the features that have been aded in screen shots, and concepts, which kind of stray from pokemon's image, sonny
Stray from Pokemon's image? Its 12 year old friendly image? Pokemon needs change. If you don't like it, your loss, but I'll enjoy my revitalized Pokemon, thanks. Either way, don't you think horrible is a bit too harsh? =P

Also, to build on what Stardy said:

See in the comparison, they compare B/W's world (above, assuming that's it) with Sinnoh (below). It's more than twice the size, which is very exciting.

Last edited by The Maple Syrup Baptist; 05-12-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flu View Post
Think about ti, if they were compatible, every 5th gen poke would be in ss's memory somewhere. they're not, or someone would have found it by now.

Good point, but they could just do what they did back for Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal, and just let the newer Pokémon not be traded.

Stardy = awesome
Old 05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Disco Offline

I LOVE THE WATER ONE. :I
It looks like a demented, cute-sy otter. : D I hope it turns into a badass otter.

What's up with the female character's hair? It's so. Uh. Big.
AND SO THIS MEANS I'LL BE CHOOSING THE MALE CHARACTER WHEN IT COMES OUT.
... YET AGAIN.
This also means that, with my inability to draw anything manly, any of my fanart will make the kid look like jailbait to gay paedophiles. : DD OH JOY.

The 3D factor better not give me a seizure. : C

ALSO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maple Syrup Baptist View Post
Also, to build on what Stardy said:

[IMG]BIG GLORIOUS IMAGE[/IMG]

See in the comparison, they compare B/W's world (above, assuming that's it) with Sinnoh (below). It's more than twice the size, which is very exciting.
... I think the world above is Kanto/Johto. Which would explain why both those maps are on the left, while B/W focuses on the right.
AS WE CAN SEE, WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE. HELLO BOSTON. : D

Last edited by Disco; 05-12-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
ALSO:

... I think the world above is Kanto/Johto. Which would explain why both those maps are on the left, while B/W focuses on the right.
AS WE CAN SEE, WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE. HELLO BOSTON. : D
Only thing is, an arrow points to the new circular city - the same city we've seen in-game footage of, showing off how extensive the 3D is at parts - so does B/W take place in an expanded/future Kanto/Johto? Unless it's just comparing the maps of HG/SS and D/P/Pt with one area from the new maps, showing artistic/technical growth.

Last edited by The Maple Syrup Baptist; 05-12-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

Just saw the new pokemon and feel the need to tell people how much I hate them. The Fire one just became my most hated pokemon ALREADY, the Grass one looks like a bit of a P***k and the water one looks like it saw itself in the mirror. The water one looks the least retarded/demented.

I am not filled with high hopes, and after D/P/Pt I was pretty sure the new pokemon would be stupid. Maybe they'l grow on me
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Only thing is, an arrow points to the new circular city - the same city we've seen in-game footage of, showing off how extensive the 3D is at parts - so does B/W take place in an expanded/future Kanto/Johto? Unless it's just comparing the maps of HG/SS and D/P/Pt with one area from the new maps, showing artistic/technical growth.
no, they just said it was a new region called Isshu. so i think they just have them there to compare to the new region

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Smoo- View Post
P***k
wat
Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
wat
I'm guessing he meant Prick.
Which, to be fair, it does.
That just makes it even more awesome though.

Stardy = awesome
Old 05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Disco Offline

Quote:
I guess, what they're trying to point out, is that this new region is not at all like the others, with their mountains and forests. Perhaps they're trying to show that the terrain would be much more futuristic.

To give everyone something to think about, how did they come up with the name Isshu?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Crystal-Wolf Offline
Experienced Trainer

OMG! i am seriously disapointed in these starters.
especially the water one it loks like a clown.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
-Smoo- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to -Smoo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
I'm guessing he meant Prick.
Which, to be fair, it does.
That just makes it even more awesome though.
Yep I meant Prick. I wasn't sure if I'd get infracted or something :/ I fail to see how it makes it better though.

Although if they all look good fully evolved thats OK, because I have no intention of playing with under evolved pokemon.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Reidoru Offline

Wait, Isn't that the first fire starter on four legs?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

*Screams*

The otter is soooooo CUTE!!! :D I wanna hug it! ^^ Well, I gotta say, I wasn't sure how to react, but I think that I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The pig looks better than I thought it would, and I imagine it'll be even cooler when it evolves. The Snake-thingy reminds me of treecko a little too much, but it might still be cool. I can't wait to see what it evolves into too.

Plus, I'm very excited that the hero characters are actually older than the others. The girl looks totally rad! Did you see her shorts? Oh, yeah, totally sassy tomboy punk-queen. I'm thrilled. >:3 The boy character reminds me of someone, though... Hmm...

EDIT: Oh, I don't think we got this scan up yet:

Last edited by Charmander009; 05-12-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidoru View Post
Wait, Isn't that the first fire starter on four legs?

And I don't think those scans are up yet, but I love those trainers. They look a thousand times better than the 4th gen trainers. This has nothing to do with the females mini mini shorts though. *shifty eyes*

Stardy = awesome
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Stardy! >:0 (LoL)

Well, I'm still catching up on the news, but some stuff about Zoroark has been released:

Quote:
# Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). The ability allows it to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.

# Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy.

# If you trade over the event shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou from the the Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ticket preorders, you can battle and capture a Level 25 Zoroark. During the battle, the Monster Fox Pokemon will take on the appearance of the Pokemon you traded over, and at several points it will revert to its original form (probably when weak). When it does, you can attempt to capture it.
(From PokeBeach)