Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless
Default Re: Pokemon Black and White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Here is something that I been thinking about.

The ability Encourage keeps the secondary effects from happen? So I am guessing that if a pokemon with this ability uses Air Slash that the flinch doesn't happen. Still does the Defense and Sp Defense drop from Superpower still happen?
Unfortunately, as I can see with my Hihidaruma, the negative effects still happen. I still get recoil from Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm still lowers my speed. It only removes positive effects, such as chance to burn.

This is tested on my own Pokemon White game, and 100% accurate. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
Nitro Charge looks kind of interesting though. Does anyone know how it works? I think I heard that it was a 60 bp physical fire attack that raises speed but i don't know if i am remembering correctly.
It's 50 BP but it does raise speed by one stage.

If anyone has questions about what exactly moves or abilities do (besides some of the event-only and legendaries, I don't have those yet), you can PM me and I'll see about testing it on my games.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?

Last edited by Tasteless; 09-22-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
Along with Jess (that's your name right? xD), it won't cost that much in the US when it's released.
If you meant me, yes, I'm Jess XD.

Also, Nitro Charge is a 100% Speed boost? Heh, that just might give Flare a bigger window of opportunity than previously thought.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-22-2010, 05:04 PM
AUfan Offline

Yea... forget what I said before. With even just a +1 speed boost and 252 EVs in speed... Flareon could be a pretty potent mixed sweeper. Plus, since it does a fair amount of damage and isn't chancy like charge beam, it can be used to finish off weaker pokemon or prime a bulkier pokemon for a fire blast, thus giving you a speed boost in the process. Thats pretty awesome. Combine it in a moveset with like Fire Blast, Superpower, and maybe Shadow ball or another filler move like will-o-wisp or a hidden power. Its just too bad the fiery fluffball can't learn that boiling water tm.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I wasn't trolling, I was serious. It starts to get ridiculous when people think that every Pokemon should be in OU. Flareon hasn't got Flare Blitz because Game Freak don't want it to be a top tier mon.
*facepalm* I never said anything about Flareon being put in OU. In fact I didn't even try to imply the matter. I just thought that Flareon in general could use a nice boost in Attacking moves as Attack is its strong point. Also it could be benificial in the Battle Subway if it gets a boost. For all I care it could stay in
UU but as long as its useful ingame I'm content.

Personally I thought that all Eeveelutions being part Normal-type would be a thoughtful way to reduce the number of untouched types, along with there being a Grass/Dragon, Ghost/Grass, and Ghost/Steel pokémon being introduced. Since nothing has happened to change this. I guess I can hope for resolution in the 6th Generation when/if it comes out.

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 09-22-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
*facepalm* I never said anything about Flareon being put in OU. In fact I didn't even try to imply the matter. I just thought that Flareon in general could use a nice boost in Attacking moves as Attack is its strong point. Also it could be benificial in the Battle Subway if it gets a boost. For all I care it could stay in
UU but as long as its useful ingame I'm content.
Pretty much everything is useful ingame.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

This thread gets way tl;dr for me hahaha.

Anything's useful ingame really, as long as you grind.

Waruvial 2177
Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
Unfortunately, as I can see with my Hihidaruma, the negative effects still happen. I still get recoil from Flare Blitz and Hammer Arm still lowers my speed. It only removes positive effects, such as chance to burn.

This is tested on my own Pokemon White game, and 100% accurate. :(

It's 50 BP but it does raise speed by one stage.

If anyone has questions about what exactly moves or abilities do (besides some of the event-only and legendaries, I don't have those yet), you can PM me and I'll see about testing it on my games.
Well that sucks. I was thinking that but was hoping it worked the way that I hoped. It is a shame but I guess they don't want an ability to overrun the game or something.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
AUfan Offline

I have heard some rumors about a stone that powers up non-fully evolved pokemon. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what specifically does the stone do to "power up" NFE pokemon?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUfan View Post
I have heard some rumors about a stone that powers up non-fully evolved pokemon. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what specifically does the stone do to "power up" NFE pokemon?
It's true, apparently it increases their defences.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Its the everstone, which it seems a lot of people are going to use on Samurai, so they don't miss out on any of the bulk. I believe it gives a 30 base boost to both defenses.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Its the everstone, which it seems a lot of people are going to use on Samurai, so they don't miss out on any of the bulk. I believe it gives a 30 base boost to both defenses.
Sounds pretty cool. I wonder how, if at all, this will affect competitive battling.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Sounds pretty cool. I wonder how, if at all, this will affect competitive battling.
I was actually thinking Scyther could benefit from this boost, assuming the Everstone will work on Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

i wonder how the triple battles are gona turn out to be. i dont have a DS so i cant pre-order it...... *Groudon looks down in shame....*
Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
AUfan Offline

Quote:
I was actually thinking Scyther could benefit from this boost, assuming the Everstone will work on Pokemon that have to be traded to evolve.
I doubt it would be of much use to scyther since he is an offensive pokemon anyway. bulk wouldn't really benefit him much. Dusclops maybe... or Chancey or Rhydon. They would be cool pokemon to use the stone on.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Actually, it's not the Everstone. It's a different item altogether, called the Evolution Stone. I might use it on Chaobuu, I don't plan to evolve it to Emboar.