Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Default The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Always recruiting!

FREE
DEMOCRATIC
TRAINERS'
SOCIETY

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with the Pokemon they love best."
-Karen of the Johto-Kanto Elite Four

Welcome to the Free Democratic Trainers' Society! The FDTS is not a clan, but an egalitarian coalition of Pokemon trainers. The FDTS is dedicated to the values of equality and direct democracy, and in addition is supposed to be a break-off from the usual Smogon-ruled competitive battling culture. The FDTS will not bog you down with a bunch of rules and regulations; go ahead and use that Garchomp you spent weeks training!

The purpose of the FDTS is to provide an environment of total equality and solidarity, in keeping with the principles of democratic centralism, adhocracy and personal freedom. It is not by any means supposed to be just another competitive battling clan. We will not discriminate against you for any reason, especially the types of Pokemon you like to use. We will have tournaments where people use the Pokemon they like, with the strategies they like, where the arrogance of Smogon and the deadpan atmosphere of "competitive" battling have no presence. The only banned Pokemon and items here are hacks. I will explain in further, clearer detail below:

Rules

-No hacked items or Pokemon, unless battlers agree that using them is okay.
-PE2K rules do not apply unless battlers mutually agree that they should, and unless the battle is part of a clan war.
-The coalition may enter into a war with a clan, which will be called a "clan war" but by no means will it hold the same status or importance.
-Members are strongly encouraged but not by any means forced to follow the principles of democratic centralism. This means that when a group decision is made (it will always be done through direct democracy, so majority wins), everyone is expected to go along with the end result, even if they disagree. This maintains effective decision-making and helps us get things done.
-All members are welcome to submit any sort of content.
-All group decisions are made through direct democracy. Decisions of individual members are to be generally respected unless they affect the rest of the group in a negative manner.
-Members are encouraged to not follow the Smogon model but instead to use Pokemon, moves, items and strategies that they like.
-Everyone is to be treated with respect and equality.
-Everything is subject to democratic change, even the coalition name.
-Discussion of all sorts is encouraged in the coalition group, which I will link to at the end of this post. All members of the FDTS are strongly encouraged to join the group.
-It is encouraged but again not required that you link to the coalition in your signature.
-Tryout battles are encouraged for the sake of battling, but are not entirely necessary.
-Tournament prizes are taken from the Pokerus Empire clan shop.
-Other rules will be removed and added if members request it and no one objects.

Members List

-Akai Shizuku, FC: IN SIGNATURE

-JOE591, FC: PM FOR FC

-Mr420, FC: 0689 4628 1271

-AaronAres, FC: PM FOR FC

-Six Paths, FC: 5199-4717-2786

-Hectic, FC: 1119 2582 9996

-22sa, FC: 3052 0079 0828

-Flu, FC: 0217 3148 0802

-Altrius, FC: 2235 9980 7799

-Red X, FC: 2277 7720 5016

-Quiet Camerupt, FC: 4984 7861 6460

-Peace Buyer, FC: PM FOR FC

-BlueJello, FC: PM FOR FC

-v0ltage, FC: PM FOR FC

-Save Trees, FC: 4039 8376 2018

-zlpqlz, FC: 1591 7892 5471

-Puh-tree-cee-oh, FC: 1849 4621 3425

Member Rankings

There are none! Everybody is equal here. We advance not by competition with each other but by co-operation.

Coalition Banners & other coalition-related art

Members are always welcome to submit more banners and coalition-related art!

Battle rules

-All rules are decided upon by battlers and must be made clear before the battle begins. If no rules are set, that means everything is allowed.

-There are two types of battles here:

1) Competitive Battle

Exactly what you'd expect. While this coalition's original purpose is to break away from this in order to facilitate the usage of Pokemon and strategies that are preferred by Trainers, I will not be so imposing and authoritarian as to ban anyone from doing something that has been mutually and fairly decided upon.

2) Free Battle

This coalition has been created largely to break away from the usual competitive battling scene. Use what Pokemon, items, and moves you like and what you think is best, not just what Smogon says. The tier list is disregarded, which means that all Pokemon can be used unless the two trainers battling lay down rules that say otherwise before battle.

War Record

No wars yet.

Join Form

Please post the following form in this thread, and/or in the coalition group if you wish to join:

Name:
Friend Code(s):
Reason(s) for joining:
Level of desu contributed:

Challenge Form

Please post the following form in this thread, and/or in the coalition group if you wish to battle an FDTS member:

Name:
Friend Code(s):
Reason for challenge:
Level of desu brought by Pokemon:

Tryout Battles

If you would like a tryout battle before joining, please contact any member of the Free Democratic Trainers' Society, preferably with a challenge form.

Affiliates

Thank you for taking the time to view this egalitarian coalition. Best wishes.

Coalition Group:

LINK TO THE COALITION GROUP HERE

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~

Last edited by Akai Shizuku; 07-13-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Default Re: The [F]ree [D]emocratic [T]rainers' [S]ociety - Now recruiting!

Intro post updated, I would like to request that members of the FDTS look it over.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Bumpitty bump bump, bumpitty bump bump, look at this thing go...

Last edited by Akai Shizuku; 05-18-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
-Zodeon Offline

I like the idea, will probably join, just need to get a team sorted out!

0989 7772 7033
Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Zodeon View Post
I like the idea, will probably join, just need to get a team sorted out!
You are very much welcome in.

Take your time putting your team together, great teams can take a long time to build.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Six_Paths Offline

Name: Nagato
Friend Code: 5199-4717-2786
Reason for joining: This is in alliance with the Empire
Level of desu contributed: What?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Paths View Post
Name: Nagato
Friend Code: 5199-4717-2786
Reason for joining: This is in alliance with the Empire
Level of desu contributed: What?
Lolz, welcome. I plan to post something on the Pokerus Empire thread about this, to ask Mr420 to put it in an intro post for reference.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Six_Paths Offline

Cool. What is "Level of desu contributed"?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
Cool. What is "Level of desu contributed"?
Open to interpretation.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Lolz, welcome. I plan to post something on the Pokerus Empire thread about this, to ask Mr420 to put it in an intro post for reference.
aki shizuku youve been around for awhile. you know you cant be in more then one clan at a time right ?

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
aki shizuku youve been around for awhile. you know you cant be in more then one clan at a time right ?
I know, which is why I'm going to change this so that it's more like a side dish thing.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Six_Paths Offline

Quote:
Quote:
I know, which is why I'm going to change this so that it's more like a side dish thing.
I got the impression that this was merely a gathering place for trainers who dislike Smogon and the strict rules. Perhaps trainers who want battles that are less restricted and unoriginal. The lack of ranks and a "leader" would suggest that this isn't a clan, right?

Edit: I don't mean that Akai isn't a good leader, I mean that this clan has no leader posted, making it a coalition of trainers on equal terms.

Last edited by Six_Paths; 04-26-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
I got the impression that this was merely a gathering place for trainers who dislike Smogon and the strict rules. Perhaps trainers who want battles that are less restricted and unoriginal. The lack of ranks and a "leader" would suggest that this isn't a clan, right?

Edit: I don't mean that Akai isn't a good leader, I mean that this clan has no leader posted, making it a coalition of trainers on equal terms.
YES, that's exactly what I wanted it to be. I misused the word "clan". Edited the whole intro post as well as the group to change "clan" to "coalition".

Last edited by Akai Shizuku; 04-26-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Quote:

so is this like a hang out spot for battlers from your other clan ? sounds like a cool unique idea but i dont if it would belong in are section in the battling forum. This is section is for clans and tournaments.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
so is this like a hang out spot for battlers from your other clan ? sounds like a cool unique idea but i dont if it would belong in are section in the battling forum. This is section is for clans and tournaments.
Hmmm, you may be right...where could I put it then?