Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Default Could these Pokemon work?

Hai, guise. It's me again, back from being away for ages. Just got SoulSilver, and I've got a couple Pokemon that I'm wondering about. I have a Flaaffy and a Beedrill, and I'm wondering if it could be practical to put my eventual Ampharos and Beedrill on my competitive team. I've gotten very attached to my Beedrill in a short amount of time, and I've always wanted a SoulSilver Ampharos ever since I had one in my old Silver game.

The Beedrill is Bashful and the Flaaffy Quiet, if that matters.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~

Last edited by Akai Shizuku; 03-23-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 AM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth
Default Re: Could these Pokemon work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Hai, guise. It's me again, back from being away for ages. Just got SoulSilver, and I've got a couple Pokemon that I'm wondering about. I have a Flaaffy and a Beedrill, and I'm wondering if it could be practical to put my eventual Ampharos and Beedrill on my competitive team. I've gotten very attached to my Beedrill in a short amount of time, and I've always wanted a SoulSilver Ampharos ever since I had one in my old Silver game.

The Beedrill is Bashful and the Flaaffy Quiet, if that matters.
Impossible.
Is very rare that wild Pokés have good IV's. Don't even think on that, lol.
Also, both natures sucks.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 AM
Akai Shizuku Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorSephiroth View Post
Impossible.
Is very rare that wild Pokés have good IV's. Don't even think on that, lol.
Also, both natures sucks.
Both of my Pearl teams are almost entirely made up of Pokemon I've caught wild and they're really good.

How do they suck? Bashful is a neutral nature, it's impossible for it to suck. Of course, rarely will it be ideal, but still. Also, I think Quiet is a good nature because Ampharos' lowest stat is Speed anyway, while its highest is Sp. Attack.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best." -Karen
~I support Leading Light Communism~
Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Shizuku View Post
Both of my Pearl teams are almost entirely made up of Pokemon I've caught wild and they're really good.

How do they suck? Bashful is a neutral nature, it's impossible for it to suck. Of course, rarely will it be ideal, but still. Also, I think Quiet is a good nature because Ampharos' lowest stat is Speed anyway, while its highest is Sp. Attack.
Neutral natures aren't very desirable. You'll want a power up, and the best way to do so is by nature, since it's a massive 10% boost. It's not like Beedrill's Sp Atk stat is going to be used, so that can crash and burn. Same for Ampharos. Speed might not look important, but you'll appreciate it when you realise that with max Speed you can beat out Muk or some other Pokemon and crush it accordingly (not that Ampharos can really take on Muk, just an example)

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Specs Amphy 2hko's Muk with SR up with T-Bolt, tis a beastly set. Either way it wants Modest since its speed isnt totally useless.

Anyway if this is for ingame "take your favs and go" if its for competitive you will have to re-breed as they will have ass IV's and the EV's wont be good. Bashful is also a non good nature, it doesnt benefit Beedrill and makes it even worse (if thats even possible) which brings me to my next point...

Beedrill is a horrible, horrible Pokemon. Dont use it if you like winning, every other bug type outclasses it just about.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 03-24-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Closed Thread