Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,140
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

I had a bit of trouble with Bugsy's Scyther too. Even though I had 4 Pokemon on level 21. xD Guess it doesn't help that I started with Chikorita and half my Pokemon so far are weak to Bug types lol. I beat him after a couple tries though.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Tombi's Avatar
Tombi Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 10,337
Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I had a bit of trouble with Bugsy's Scyther too. Even though I had 4 Pokemon on level 21. xD Guess it doesn't help that I started with Chikorita and half my Pokemon so far are weak to Bug types lol. I beat him after a couple tries though.
I took him on with level 13-15's. I tend to jump the gun a lot with gyms and stuff (in D/P, I took on the league with level 45-50's xD) but once I evolved my Mareep and Cyndaquil, he was a lot easier. But yeah, Scyther was a betch.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post


I took him on with level 13-15's. I tend to jump the gun a lot with gyms and stuff (in D/P, I took on the league with level 45-50's xD) but once I evolved my Mareep and Cyndaquil, he was a lot easier. But yeah, Scyther was a betch.
Go figure. People who started with Chikorita often have a harder time throughout the game. xD

I don't care. I love my Bayleef. <3

I'm at the Burned Tower now. Went out on a huge bike ride and racked up about 5000 steps on the Pokewalker. I caught two Magby and a Ponyta. I also got a Burn Heal, Hard Stone and Red Shard. Now I've unlocked the Beautiful Beach. Time to catch Poliwag galore. <3

I also have a Ditto, who I enjoy using in the Pokeathlon. :D
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 PM
gemini spark's Avatar
gemini spark Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 87
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

hgss seems harder than dppt right?
__________________
gemini spark
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Etymology's Avatar
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Forum Board Number 124
Posts: 3,957
Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini spark View Post
hgss seems harder than dppt right?
I feared that the game would be too easy due to over-levelling, but it's been pretty good so far. I'd say that HGSS is just that bit harder.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Mr420's Avatar
Mr420 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Battle Subway, Isshu
Posts: 3,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Considering most of my team was brought in from UT pokemon in my Platinum They've been leveling up fairy well. esp w/t a lucky egg I managed to get just before the the game's release, that and exp share. at the moment I now have 7 gym badges. my whole team is a valid lvl 36 and kicking butt. I have also managed to GTS a Japanese Ditto and begun Masuda breeding my Rash Vulpix on the side(fingers crossed) I now have 1 1/2 box full of well what else (unusable) vulpixes to me other than trading away..
__________________

Pokérus Empire
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini spark View Post
hgss seems harder than dppt right?
In my opinion yes so far. I've heard that the ending is pretty hard when you face Red and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
Considering most of my team was brought in from UT pokemon in my Platinum They've been leveling up fairy well. esp w/t a lucky egg I managed to get just before the the game's release, that and exp share. at the moment I now have 7 gym badges. my whole team is a valid lvl 36 and kicking butt. I have also managed to GTS a Japanese Ditto and begun Masuda breeding my Rash Vulpix on the side(fingers crossed) I now have 1 1/2 box full of well what else (unusable) vulpixes to me other than trading away..
Good luck on getting a Shiny Vulpix man!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

I was severely under leveled, more than I have ever been for any other game.

Remembering back from G/S/C, I was always over leveled, and used 6 Pokemon, and was still 3-7 levels higher without grinding.

However, I got out of Victory Road at level 39, and I just grinded to make it an even 40. And with luck I managed to beat the 1337's. xD
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
I was severely under leveled, more than I have ever been for any other game.

Remembering back from G/S/C, I was always over leveled, and used 6 Pokemon, and was still 3-7 levels higher without grinding.

However, I got out of Victory Road at level 39, and I just grinded to make it an even 40. And with luck I managed to beat the 1337's. xD
Holy crap!
I'm just caught the Red Gyradoes and my team is all level 30 O:
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 AM
The pokemaster's Avatar
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hiding from everything
Posts: 1,133
Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

YAY I finally got HeartGold. I haven't got very far but...
Pretty lame team still
lvl14 Quilave
lvl13 Sentret
lvl12 Onyx (yeh, I traded a Bellsprout for one in Violet City :P)
lvl10 Mareep

Im upto the Pokemon centre with the weird dude selling slowpoke tails just past Violet City.

btw, i somehow think i found a cloning glitch involving the pokewalker
__________________

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf

Last edited by The pokemaster; 03-28-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Dude, what the heck!?!?

I just noticed that I skipped like 2 gyms. After I beat Morty, I went right and got to Mahogany Town and battled Pryce and found out he was the 7th Gym Leader. I was wondering why his Pokemon were leveled up so high. Ohh, my. Haha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Mr420's Avatar
Mr420 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Battle Subway, Isshu
Posts: 3,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
Dude, what the heck!?!?

I just noticed that I skipped like 2 gyms. After I beat Morty, I went right and got to Mahogany Town and battled Pryce and found out he was the 7th Gym Leader. I was wondering why his Pokemon were leveled up so high. Ohh, my. Haha.
Ha ha, I did that with the Cianwood Gym, right when I got there I went straight to the Pharmacy & headed back to the light house/beat the Gym leader when I noticed I completly skipt out on Cianwood, but the backtracking help level me up some .. no complaints here.
__________________

Pokérus Empire
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 AM
-Holland-'s Avatar
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 4 8 15 16 23 42
Posts: 2,494
Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini spark View Post
hgss seems harder than dppt right?
I'd say it is, especially once you get to the Kanto gyms, because the levels jump in far higher increments in shorter periods of time. By the time I fought Blue, my levels were only 5-6 above what I fought the Elite Four with, and I fought almost every trainer in Kanto.
__________________
4 8 15 16 23 42

My Battle Log
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

I'm very dissapointed that the Pokeradar isn't available as a key item in HG/SS. Made getting shinies alot easier. Guess I'll have to start using the Masuda Method!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,140
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: HGSS Discussion/Question & Answer Thread

There's no VS Seeker?! How annoying...

I'm only at Goldenrod but do there seem to be way less trainers to battle than in the other games, or is it just me (yes, I know they're just sticking to GSC)? xD That's pretty much the only reason I'd say HGSS seems harder than DP.

And agreed with the PokeRadar thing, even though I sucked at it. xD
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com