Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Lightbulb Expansion: Membership from a BMG Moderator's Point of View

As we all know, URPG growth relies primarily on the attraction of new members to the URPG, and retaining their interest so that they continue to participate in our various sections. They have fun by forming rivalries with other members, participating in events and tournaments, and striving to reach the top. Ultimately, to have the good time.

This won't change when we expand to BMG. However, they have different ratios of interest in different sections that we're not aware of. So the best idea is to ask our resident BMG Mod and ask him.

So Phoenix (AiedailEclipsed), from your point of view, what are good ways to attract BMG members to the URPG? What sections do you feel will garner the most interest? How can we help BMG members realize that not only is the URPG a fun rpg to play in, but also one to enjoy months or years after they join?

This is under the jurisdiction of the Diplomacy and Research Committee, but with elements of the Welcoming Committee.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:36 PM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Default Re: Expansion: Membership from a BMG Moderator's Point of View

Well to be quite honest. The Park. That will be your "selling point," you might want to, if anything, have the Park as the main thing and the other stuff (which I'm sure people will like and use [ME HO~!]) as a complimentary kind of thing.

How I can see it going is something like "Oh look new forum RP~!" *join*, few days later "wow, you can basically do NOTHING in this thing unless you battle or something." *cue inactivity and ultimately never posting or doing anything*

Thats just how *I* see this as going. I know that in KPU many many many people detest our Job System and Shops.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
Well to be quite honest. The Park. That will be your "selling point," you might want to, if anything, have the Park as the main thing and the other stuff (which I'm sure people will like and use [ME HO~!]) as a complimentary kind of thing.

How I can see it going is something like "Oh look new forum RP~!" *join*, few days later "wow, you can basically do NOTHING in this thing unless you battle or something." *cue inactivity and ultimately never posting or doing anything*

Thats just how *I* see this as going. I know that in KPU many many many people detest our Job System and Shops.

Perhaps. The URPG was never really heavily rp-focused, despite our name. BMG seems to have an active pokemon gameboy game section with a lot of interest in battles and such. That kind of action is the activity we thrive on, so it's a little different than KPU or Fizzly Bubbles. In many senses, we'll be attracting a different sort of crowd.

I am interested in seeing if there is anything we can do to capture a greater rp interest in the Park seeing as that's your recommendation.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I am interested in seeing if there is anything we can do to capture a greater rp interest in the Park seeing as that's your recommendation.
Well, you could maybe stress the fact that you can interact with other trainers in the Main RP? Also, I'm not sure if it's allowed in our current park, but maybe people could go in as pairs? They have quite a few private RPs at BMG, so I think that if multiple people get interested in the URPG they might convince their friends to come along and RP with them...

/random thought
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

@ HKim : Not to be a discouraging thought, but those people frankly won't care. Or at least they probably won't and if they do I will be amazed like fudge.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
Well, you could maybe stress the fact that you can interact with other trainers in the Main RP? Also, I'm not sure if it's allowed in our current park, but maybe people could go in as pairs? They have quite a few private RPs at BMG, so I think that if multiple people get interested in the URPG they might convince their friends to come along and RP with them...
I actually just joined the Park and had this idea straightaway. It would make the Park experience a whole lot better.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
@ HKim : Not to be a discouraging thought, but those people frankly won't care. Or at least they probably won't and if they do I will be amazed like fudge.
Ah, now this I'm interested in, my friend.

Why would those members not care? You're right that BMG and PE2K are different, but I found that a lot of solid URPG members first came to the URPG after participating in PE2K's gameboy sections. In many ways, we are the core system of what the pokemon gameboy games focus on.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kirethidae Send a message via MSN to Kirethidae

I was just thinking that maybe the URPG Committees should reach out to the potential bURPG members at Bulbagarden on their own forums?

At the moment, there are no threads detailing the expansion on Bulbagarden or anything. Here at PE2K, everyone's busy throwing around all these ideas about what would be best for the bURPG, but I think it would be a good idea to get the members from Bulbagarden's views on such matters.

Would it be a good idea for committees to start asking for people's opinions on the Bulbagarden Forums? Or even just to propose the idea of the URPG to them, because you might find out that they don't like the idea at all. At least then the planned ideas could be discarded and changed early enough so that there's not so much time wasted implementing things only to find out it's not going to be well-received by the people it's actually meant for.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Its just that like most of the people in the video game forums and stuff NEVER EVER post in that kind of thing. But like I said I maybe wrong. Ya never know.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirethidae View Post
I was just thinking that maybe the URPG Committees should reach out to the potential bURPG members at Bulbagarden on their own forums?

At the moment, there are no threads detailing the expansion on Bulbagarden or anything. Here at PE2K, everyone's busy throwing around all these ideas about what would be best for the bURPG, but I think it would be a good idea to get the members from Bulbagarden's views on such matters.

Would it be a good idea for committees to start asking for people's opinions on the Bulbagarden Forums? Or even just to propose the idea of the URPG to them, because you might find out that they don't like the idea at all. At least then the planned ideas could be discarded and changed early enough so that there's not so much time wasted implementing things only to find out it's not going to be well-received by the people it's actually meant for.
I've actually been meaning to talk to Harry, Marth and Phoenix about that. Being on the ILC I figured going over there and talking to them about it would be a smart idea.

Quote:
Its just that like most of the people in the video game forums and stuff NEVER EVER post in that kind of thing. But like I said I maybe wrong. Ya never know.
Well, if we head over there and start advertising it now, peaking peoples interest, getting them to try it out... I mean, I thought it looked like something I wouldn't be interested in at first until my friends started badgering me to join. And then I did. And I loved it.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Exactly. I think you need to get people interested in the idea of the URPG, so that when it's implemented, there are people bursting to join.

This would also be a good way to explain to the BG members what the URPG is basically about, and to work out an approximate number of people who would initially be interested in the idea.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 AM
AiedailEclipsed Offline

Its up to HKim. He, I think would prefer it to remain seekrit but I'm not sure.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Its up to HKim. He, I think would prefer it to remain seekrit but I'm not sure.
*kicks ball into Harry's court*
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I just think that we need to get more of the opinions from the actual members of Bulbagarden.
This URPG branch is for them and not us, so it's mainly their opinions that count.
Well, their opinions that should count.

You don't want this expansion to fall into the trap of not listening to the audience, thinking you know what's best for them when you just don't. I'm not saying that your inputs and ideas are all bad for the members over at Bulbagarden, just that they might not like them, or they might like them. Whichever it is, you need to find out in my opinion.

Last edited by Kirethidae; 03-13-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:40 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
*kicks ball into Harry's court*

How should we discuss it with them?

With one single thread in their announcements, or multiple threads because we target multiple sections such as Roleplaying, Stories, Gameboy, etc.

I'm open to opening a dialogue if we want to move forward with it. It probably means I need to pick my committee members soon too.