Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Expansion: Gyms, Leagues, and Elite 4

I don't know, Jess. I'm still in favor of the idea of letting anyone who wants a gym apply for it. It would be unfair to exclude some gyms from some forums.

How about this compromise though. It goes back to the idea of each forum having a forum-based gym league.

1st Month:

No additional gyms are opened. Fast rising BMG members with talent can challenge the PE2K gym leaders who currently hold their positions. Everyone else learns how to battle. At this point, if any single BMGer really wants a certain gym, like Cerulean, and it happens to be open, they can apply for it just like anyone else. It's up to the League Organizer to decide if they're worthy of being a leader or not, at least compared to other applicants.

2nd - 4th Months:

The BMG League and the PE2K League are opened. I'll leave it up to more battle-saavy members to figure out what types and rules each of the 16 gyms will be. Now here is the important rule. Only members who host their stats on that particular forum, may have a gym from that particular league.

Also, as a temporary rule for this phase, only members who have registered on BMG since May can own a BMG gym.

I'm not going to leave PE2K out either. We're going to be getting a smaller influx of members due to HG/SS and possibly the summer months. Only members who have registered on PE2K since May can own a PE2K gym.

And in an interesting twist, only members who have registered since May can challenge gyms in those two leagues. That way, you don't have old guys like me taking on new gym leaders. And this gives new members two leagues of similar level to challenge. A URPG member with BMG-based stats can challenge a PE2K league gym, they just can't own one.

And of course, anyone can challenge or apply for any of the standard regional gyms. Most likely PE2Kers will still dominate this area, but we'll probably have a couple of strong BMGers here as well.

Onwards:

We open up both leagues to anyone, save for the rule about who can own which gym. In time, the 5th generation of pokemon will be released and whole new regional league is created.

So, in summary:
  • 1 Champion
  • A single Elite 4
  • 5 Regional Leagues (6 with Gen V): Open to Anyone
  • 2 Forum Leagues: Phased; Anyone can challenge but only forum-based members can own a gym of their forum league
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

I didn't mean for any Gyms to be left out >>. I'm totally against the idea of making certain Leagues available here and others available on 'Garden (making them exclusive is what I mean :P).

All I really care about is making sure all the Gyms are open to all the members, no matter what forum they're on. The whole E4/Champ thing makes sense, since we are gonna be at once a split yet single thing.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I don't know, Jess. I'm still in favor of the idea of letting anyone who wants a gym apply for it. It would be unfair to exclude some gyms from some forums.

How about this compromise though. It goes back to the idea of each forum having a forum-based gym league.

1st Month:

No additional gyms are opened. Fast rising BMG members with talent can challenge the PE2K gym leaders who currently hold their positions. Everyone else learns how to battle. At this point, if any single BMGer really wants a certain gym, like Cerulean, and it happens to be open, they can apply for it just like anyone else. It's up to the League Organizer to decide if they're worthy of being a leader or not, at least compared to other applicants.

2nd - 4th Months:

The BMG League and the PE2K League are opened. I'll leave it up to more battle-saavy members to figure out what types and rules each of the 16 gyms will be. Now here is the important rule. Only members who host their stats on that particular forum, may have a gym from that particular league.

Also, as a temporary rule for this phase, only members who have registered on BMG since May can own a BMG gym.

I'm not going to leave PE2K out either. We're going to be getting a smaller influx of members due to HG/SS and possibly the summer months. Only members who have registered on PE2K since May can own a PE2K gym.

And in an interesting twist, only members who have registered since May can challenge gyms in those two leagues. That way, you don't have old guys like me taking on new gym leaders. And this gives new members two leagues of similar level to challenge. A URPG member with BMG-based stats can challenge a PE2K league gym, they just can't own one.

And of course, anyone can challenge or apply for any of the standard regional gyms. Most likely PE2Kers will still dominate this area, but we'll probably have a couple of strong BMGers here as well.

Onwards:

We open up both leagues to anyone, save for the rule about who can own which gym. In time, the 5th generation of pokemon will be released and whole new regional league is created.

So, in summary:
  • 1 Champion
  • A single Elite 4
  • 5 Regional Leagues (6 with Gen V): Open to Anyone
  • 2 Forum Leagues: Phased; Anyone can challenge but only forum-based members can own a gym of their forum league
With some additional rules and stipulations Harry you just said what I've been saying since my first post on the subject (the exception being that I support two E4s as opposed to just one).
Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
The BMG League and the PE2K League are opened. I'll leave it up to more battle-saavy members to figure out what types and rules each of the 16 gyms will be
Idk, maybe I'm just slow, but what do you mean by 16 gyms? Each forum should have all 5 regional leagues (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange); there's no reason why we should deny one forum something and give it to the other

Quote:

So, what you're saying is that only people who have joined since May 2010 can hold a gym? Because that means you'd be kicking all of the old leaders out...

Quote:
And here you are saying that I can't challenge anyone at the PE2K league? That's really unfair.

Quote:
So, if I understand you correctly, we split up the gyms, kick PE2Kers out of their gyms here, and put them on BMG, then in order to have a gym there, you have to put your stats there?

I dunno, maybe I misread your post, but I really don't agree with what you're saying. I think that we should give BMG their own forum league with all 5 regions, and have a single E4 and Champion.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
Idk, maybe I'm just slow, but what do you mean by 16 gyms? Each forum should have all 5 regional leagues (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orange); there's no reason why we should deny one forum something and give it to the other

So, what you're saying is that only people who have joined since May 2010 can hold a gym? Because that means you'd be kicking all of the old leaders out...

And here you are saying that I can't challenge anyone at the PE2K league? That's really unfair.

So, if I understand you correctly, we split up the gyms, kick PE2Kers out of their gyms here, and put them on BMG, then in order to have a gym there, you have to put your stats there?

I dunno, maybe I misread your post, but I really don't agree with what you're saying. I think that we should give BMG their own forum league with all 5 regions, and have a single E4 and Champion.
You're wrong on all counts Michael, all of that is referring to the new completely made up Gym Leagues which are exclusive to each forum. The current five (six with Gen V) are shared between the two forums, anyone's free to hold or challenge them.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Oh man, we really need to stop using similar terminology. It's really confusing.

Okay, here's what I think everyone is proposing:

Clarification: 7 Total Gym Leagues

- Kanto: 8 gyms
- Johto: 8 gyms
- Hoenn: 8 gyms
- Sinnoh: 8 gyms
- Orange Islands: 4 gyms
- PE2K: 8 gyms
- BMG: 8 gyms

The PE2K League will have 8 gyms. The BMG League will have 8 gyms. These gyms will be different than the regional league gyms.

The proposed restrictions only apply to the two forum leagues. The regional leagues will not be changed. The restrictions are eventually lifted as BMG members advance in skill and rank.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

How are we going to decide what Types to make the Gyms in these forum-only Leagues?

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-12-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
how are we going to decide what Types to make the Gyms in these forum-only Leagues?

The only way we ever decide things... by playing a children's card game.

Seriously, I don't know. Maybe random or, better yet, having the battle-oriented members figuring it out so we don't break the system.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
How are we going to decide what Types to make the Gyms in these forum-only Leagues?
The ILC is handling a preliminary list right now.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Cool.

So, what else is on the agenda? *Claps hands.*

And I love how I'm not technically part of this Committee but I'm still here XD.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Cool.

So, what else is on the agenda? *Claps hands.*

And I love how I'm not technically part of this Committee but I'm still here XD.
Input from everyone is welcome, the only difference is that the Committees (and Harry) get the final say on anything.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Input from everyone is welcome, the only difference is that the Committees (and Harry) get the final say on anything.

I should clarify that the Committees, URPG Leaders, and Harry get the final say on anything.

If I might make a suggestion. Two types in the PE2K League should include Water and Psychic because Ryan's favorite pokemon, Psyduck, seems to embody those types.

Similarly, the BMG League would do well with Grass and Poison as a reference to their mascot, Bulbasaur.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I should clarify that the Committees, URPG Leaders, and Harry get the final say on anything.

If I might make a suggestion. Two types in the PE2K League should include Water and Psychic because Ryan's favorite pokemon, Psyduck, seems to embody those types.

Similarly, the BMG League would do well with Grass and Poison as a reference to their mascot, Bulbasaur.
Exactly what we were thinking in the meeting.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Exactly what we were thinking in the meeting.

Well if you guys are so ready then, why don't you just go ahead and just tell us everything! Heh.

Also, Archaic, BMG's admin, likes the pokemon, Gardevoir, at least according to his profile.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
sheepskinfuton Offline

Send a message via AIM to sheepskinfuton

I'm slightly confused about the Pe2k league, and the May thing. Do you mean May 2010, or May 2009?

Quote:
Only members who have registered on PE2K since May can own a PE2K gym.
So we're going to have a gym league full of newbies? (If so, I should totally count, cause I'm still kind of a battle newb.)

I'm interested to see where this will go.

supermonkey07 (11:45:01 PM): lol
(11:45:03 PM): silly sheep
(11:45:10 PM): trying to act like people do
(11:45:14 PM): talk the people talk
(11:45:16 PM): eat the people food
(11:45:20 PM): but you're just a sheep
[URPG] [Links]