Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: Expansion: Gyms, Leagues, and Elite 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
I really agree with what you're saying. But, I don't agree with your timespan for E4, that is way too short of a time for members to get a team together and TM them for E4. I say, if we really have to open up a separate E4...

First 6 months: Gym Trainees (b), not needed to be challenged to battle the leader, just for honing skills. People from BMG can apply for pURPG gyms.
Months 6-12: Gyms (b) are opened up, and made exclusive for bURPG members to apply.
After 12 months: Gyms (b) are opened up to pURPG members.
After 18 months: bE4 is opened up, open for bURPG members only. pE4 is open to pURPG members only.

And, I say that anyone can challenge bE4 members or pE4 members: but you can only challenge the Champion once you've beaten all the E4 members of a branch.
woudnt it then be easier to just have one E4

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 03-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
woudnt it then be easier to just have one E4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
I really agree with what you're saying. But, I don't agree with your timespan for E4, that is way too short of a time for members to get a team together and TM them for E4. I say, if we really have to open up a separate E4...

First 6 months: Gym Trainees (b), not needed to be challenged to battle the leader, just for honing skills. People from BMG can apply for pURPG gyms.
Months 6-12: Gyms (b) are opened up, and made exclusive for bURPG members to apply.
After 12 months: Gyms (b) are opened up to pURPG members.
After 18 months: bE4 is opened up, open for bURPG members only. pE4 is open to pURPG members only.

And, I say that anyone can challenge bE4 members or pE4 members: but you can only challenge the Champion once you've beaten all the E4 members of a branch.
I don't really think that we need two Elite 4's, but I don't think 3-4 months is enough time to get a new E4 at BMG.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

This may have been touched on, but I didn't see if really discussed, so here it is:

I don't think a person should be allowed to hold a Gym/E4 spot on both forums. If you have a Gym here you shouldn't get one on 'Garden, and vice-versa. That's just being greedy and monopolizing the Gym/E4 positions.

Just want to throw it out there. Sorry if it was already gone over and I missed it XD.

And I realize there might be a time limit and all. I'm talking about AFTER that limit has expired.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Don't you think it might be difficult to reach a gym leader if you add in the extra step of trying to defeat a gym trainee?

The other idea is to phase in new gym leagues for BMG, or give them a chance to use full rental pokemon to hold gym leader positions until they have a strong team of their own.
Yeah, I've been taking more thought in the Gym Trainee thing, and it seems like more of a hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
And I still like my original idea of having the five/six general leagues (the four/five regions and the Orange Islands) and then having each forum have its own exclusive league.
I actually like the idea of each forum having their own league. It would be interesting and fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
As exclusivity, there are two aspects to take in mind:

-Property exclusivity --> In which only those who began at BGM can own the gym, though PE2K members can challenge them.
-Challenge exclusivity --> In which the league is only ownable AND challengeable by the BGM members. (I prefer the former)

Then,
-Distinct elite fours, or the same elite four (I prefer the latter)
-One champion (no doubt about this one)
I think that our challenges should stay within our exclusive leagues, and not cross the border into challenging the other.

As for Elite 4, there should be one. It wouldn't really make sense to open another Elite 4. Yeah, they're going to have a hard time getting Elite 4 positions, but so does the majority of members here. I don't see the difference.

So if we enact on Khaj's idea, then there should be the Orange Islands, 4-5 leagues (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Gen V), and the forum-exclusive leagues, then one Elite 4 (since it IS supposed to be hard to beat) along with one Champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Are you suggesting a phased introduction?
Giving a phased introduction would be a good idea. Just a mere taste of what's to come, rather than exposing everything. If we leak parts of the URPG into BMG, then it would be easier to spot and correct errors that may arise soon after.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

I have to admit I've only skimmed through this thread, but I have a suggestion.

Currently we have four Gym Leagues, not including the Orange Islands.

I say, move two of the gym leagues to the other forum and keep Orange league, and two regular leagues here. This way we don't have to invent, a bunch of new stuff and everyone has a chance to represent a gym regardless of their forum.

Elite Four would obviously still be based here as I'm sure we're currently more qualified to hold those positions.

At anyrate I think this is a decent medium, and considering that most battling is done on AIM. Where the gyms are held I think is of little importance outside symbolic reasoning.
Peace.

Edit: That would currently mean...

PE2K:
16 Gyms
Orange Islands
Elite Four

Bulb:
16 Gyms
+ Give them the fifth generation gyms

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

I like Stunky's idea the best. However, I believe we should make the URPG as the Gold/Silver games: Two gym leagues, one single Indigo Plateau.

I say, let's let BMG get the new fifth generation gyms. Moreover, if we see that BMG members are growing up fast (I'm sure some of them will do so), we should be able to shorten the time between events.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

But like someone said in response to that compromise, anyone holding a Leader position for a Gym going to 'Garden would have to give up their Gym, which isn't really fair.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

If you decide to do gym trainees, there should be a requirement to have some then. Seriously it would be completely pointless to have someone try to learn from a bad leader. :x
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Or from someone with very little experience, for that matter. Also, people who got Gyms simply because no one else was applying should be checked. ure, just because no one else but them applied doesn't mean they're bad battlers, but meh.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-11-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
I like Stunky's idea the best. However, I believe we should make the URPG as the Gold/Silver games: Two gym leagues, one single Indigo Plateau.

I say, let's let BMG get the new fifth generation gyms. Moreover, if we see that BMG members are growing up fast (I'm sure some of them will do so), we should be able to shorten the time between events.
Well, if we did like I outlined, then PE2K and BMG should both get the 5th generation gyms. I don't see why we would deny anyone those gyms. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
If you decide to do gym trainees, there should be a requirement to have some then. Seriously it would be completely pointless to have someone try to learn from a bad leader. :x
Agreed. Perhaps the LO's would decide which leaders would be able to have gym trainees?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Require a certain win-loss ratio. Problem solved.

I don't like the idea of splitting the gyms. As has been said, it would oust the already existing Gym Leaders, but beyond that it would create a lot of exclusivity. For example, say we give BMG Johto. Well, what if I want a Bug or Dragon gym? Too bad for me, the only ones are Azalea and Blackthorn. Or how about we keep Kanto, then no one on BMG can have a Poison Gym because Fuschia is ours. And don't even get me started on Gen V, say it finally has a Dark Gym? How many of us have been waiting for that? A lot. For how long? Longer than any BMG member, that's for damn sure.

Not only that, but what do you think every one of us who has been beaten down by Haze, king, PL, AS, TED, gun, Jess, Michael, FD, Jr, Shinies, Zak, DG, ATF or TO on every attempt to get their badge are going to do the moment their Gyms are populated by newbies who still haven't even been mentally scared by the perverseness of an FFA? Sweep straight through two leagues of course.

I apologize for the tone, but I just see too many flaws in the idea and the fact that it's getting serious consideration annoys me.

Edit: Let's not put more on the LOs. WL ratio seems like a fine requirement to me.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Bah, I stand by my decision that both forums should have its own separate things like Gym Leagues and the like. It'd take care of this whole "fairly divvying up the Gyms" thing.

And no, I don't think it would make it easier or less fun/challenging to get Badges. All it means is you'd have to obtain all the Badges on one forum and then get them on the other. That would prevent people from only needing to battle one Gym Leader to get the Badge for that Gym for a single forum (does that make sense?).

And just because the games don't have two Pewter Gyms or whatever doesn't really matter. The URPG is based on the games, yes, but only loosely. You can't freely swap Abilities between battles in the games, or have 50+ moves on your Mon, but no one argues those points.

EDIT: People keep posing before me! D:

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-11-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Require a certain win-loss ratio. Problem solved.

Edit: Let's not put more on the LOs. WL ratio seems like a fine requirement to me.
Except for somebody that can beat the same 3 noobies like 10 times has an amazing win/loss ratio even though they may not be a better battler than say Haze who just doesnt get any challenges because he's such a good battler.

In all honesty, I think instead of opening like 32 gyms to the BMG we should open up like 8 to start. Honestly I don't see the point of like 16 gyms held by either no one or a newby with like one Pokemon D=

Also I still think one gym league if fine but no one else seems to like that idea so whatever
Old 03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

*Sigh.*

Just make each forum have their own Gym Leagues, E4, and Champion. Come on, it's not like there's only ONE Champion in one game that everyone else who has the games has to go to in order to challenge; why make it like that here, by only keeping E4 and Champions on this forum?

As for getting Gyms situated, why not do this:

*First month: Gyms are closed as people from 'Garden get Mon and stuff, as well as get used to battling in general

*Second month: Everyone wishing to apply for a Gym is tutored by a current Gym Leader holding a Gym of the type the people want. In order to keep people from being overwhelmed, perhaps only the first five to ask will be accepted for tutoring. The task of the Tutor will be to give tips and advice on how to defend that particular Gym. So if someone wanted a Ghost Gym, they'd speak to the Leader of either Ecruteak or Hearthome.

*Third - sixth months: Only 'Garden members can challenge 'Garden Gyms as they continue getting used to actually owning Gyms and battling with set Types of Pokemon.

*Seventh month on: People from both forums can challenge Gyms.

We can always add/decrease steps or time-lines. Now as for getting the E4 filled up: Once a person obtains ALL BADGES in any League on 'Garden, they can opt to become an E4 member. Once all the E4 spots are filled, whoever gets all the Badges in a League and defeats the E4 will become the Champion.

Granted, after a while it might happen that the E4 people need to be replaced, but I think as time goes on they'll improve and be able to hold their own against most comers.

Also, would we allow people from 'Garden to apply here for Gyms and vice-versa, granted that those applying didn't already have a Gym on their home forum?

In this way it's most fair for everyone, at least in my opinion.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-12-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
*Sigh.*

Just make each forum have their own Gym Leagues, E4, and Champion. Come on, it's not like there's only ONE Champion in one game that everyone else who has the games has to go to in order to challenge; why make it like that here, by only keeping E4 and Champions on this forum?

As for getting Gyms situated, why not do this:

*First month: Gyms are closed as people from 'Garden get Mon and stuff, as well as get used to battling in general

*Second month: Everyone wishing to apply for a Gym is tutored by a current Gym Leader holding a Gym of the type the people want. In order to keep people from being overwhelmed, perhaps only the first five to ask will be accepted for tutoring. The task of the Tutor will be to give tips and advice on how to defend that particular Gym. So if someone wanted a Ghost Gym, they'd speak to the Leader of either Ecruteak or Hearthome.

*Third - sixth months: Only 'Garden members can challenge 'Garden Gyms as they continue getting used to actually owning Gyms and battling with set Types of Pokemon.

*Seventh month on: People from both forums can challenge Gyms.

We can always add/decrease steps or time-lines. Now as for getting the E4 filled up: Once a person obtains ALL BADGES in any League on 'Garden, they can opt to become an E4 member. Once all the E4 spots are filled, whoever gets all the Badges in a League and defeats the E4 will become the Champion.

Granted, after a while it might happen that the E4 people need to be replaced, but I think as time goes on they'll improve and be able to hold their own against most comers.

Also, would we allow people from 'Garden to apply here for Gyms and vice-versa, granted that those applying didn't already have a Gym on their home forum?

In this way it's most fair for everyone, at least in my opinion.
We are only one URPG, though, T-tar, and there should be only ONE URPG Champion. For if there were two champions, none would truly be the champion of the URPG...
And the games have different champions because of the different timelines. However, GSC features the same champion for the Kanto and the Johto league.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD