Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Lightbulb Expansion: Gyms, Leagues, and Elite 4

Discuss how gyms, leagues, and the Elite 4 should be organized as we expand from one forum to two.

This topic is the domain of the Interforum Logistics Committee.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Expansion: Gyms, Leagues, and Elite 4

Proposals so far:
-Gym Trainees: One gym trainee per gym, preferably from the BMG Forum, to train and be taught by each gym leader. The trainee must be defeated before the gym leader.

-New league: Create a new league, with as much gyms as the current, exclusively for those who began on BMG.
A) New league, different elite four, one champion
B) New league, same elite four, one champion
C) New league but everyone can grab the new gyms, regardless of forum.

-No new league: One big league for both forums, regardless of where you began your adventure.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Yeah, I'll have to side with the Gym Trainers. Not only does it seem easiest to do, it would be of a great learning experience for their members, which would be beneficial.

Only thing I disagree with is the amount of Trainers per Gym. Maybe there should be 2-3 Trainers rather than one, and possibly let the Gym Leader choose which.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Don't you think it might be difficult to reach a gym leader if you add in the extra step of trying to defeat a gym trainee?

The other idea is to phase in new gym leagues for BMG, or give them a chance to use full rental pokemon to hold gym leader positions until they have a strong team of their own.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Proposals so far:
-Gym Trainees: One gym trainee per gym, preferably from the BMG Forum, to train and be taught by each gym leader. The trainee must be defeated before the gym leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
Yeah, I'll have to side with the Gym Trainers. Not only does it seem easiest to do, it would be of a great learning experience for their members, which would be beneficial.

Only thing I disagree with is the amount of Trainers per Gym. Maybe there should be 2-3 Trainers rather than one, and possibly let the Gym Leader choose which.
What Harry said. True, it may help new trainers on BMG, but on the downside you add an useless battle with a person you may or may not meet. Honestly, I don't really see the point of adding a not-quite-a-gym-leader position, now or anytime soon. That's what the Master&Apprentice program exist(ed) for, after all.
Quote:
-New league: Create a new league, with as much gyms as the current, exclusively for those who began on BMG.
A) New league, different elite four, one champion
B) New league, same elite four, one champion
C) New league but everyone can grab the new gyms, regardless of forum.

-No new league: One big league for both forums, regardless of where you began your adventure.
As far as I'm concerned, I'd say that for the moment, pe2k keeps his league and BMG gets its own one (E4 shared, since I doubt there will ever be enough anytime soon)

Then, after the URPG established itself, maybe we can have a gym leaders face-off between forums to decide who's the better leader.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Marth Offline

The other thing would be to create the gym trainee program, with up to 3 apprentices per gym. To face the gym leader, one must first defeat one of the other 3 trainees. This way there will not be an unnecesary wait to face the gym leader, for there will be 3 options to fight.
Once enough time has passed, a new gym league could be added for BMG-exclusive.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

I dislike the idea of having to challenge Gym Trainers before you can face Leaders. I think having Trainers would make sense as more like an ongoing M&A program, where the leader hones the Trainer's skills both at battling in general and battling with the specific type.

As for the leagues themselves, I say we start off with just the current E4, then phase in a new one for BMG once their members start getting good. And I still like my original idea of having the five/six general leagues (the four/five regions and the Orange Islands) and then having each forum have its own exclusive league.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:47 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
I dislike the idea of having to challenge Gym Trainers before you can face Leaders. I think having Trainers would make sense as more like an ongoing M&A program, where the leader hones the Trainer's skills both at battling in general and battling with the specific type.

As for the leagues themselves, I say we start off with just the current E4, then phase in a new one for BMG once their members start getting good. And I still like my original idea of having the five/six general leagues (the four/five regions and the Orange Islands) and then having each forum have its own exclusive league.

Remind me again. So the five/six general leagues would be open to either forum?

And the exclusive leagues, they would be called, what? The PE2K League and The BMG League?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:

This idea I like. Having to battle the trainees I don't.

Also, the forum-exclusive league. Seems interesting. Maybe the E4 can fill in that spot?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Marth Offline

As exclusivity, there are two aspects to take in mind:

-Property exclusivity --> In which only those who began at BGM can own the gym, though PE2K members can challenge them.
-Challenge exclusivity --> In which the league is only ownable AND challengeable by the BGM members. (I prefer the former)

Then,
-Distinct elite fours, or the same elite four (I prefer the latter)
-One champion (no doubt about this one)
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
As exclusivity, there are two aspects to take in mind:

-Property exclusivity --> In which only those who began at BGM can own the gym, though PE2K members can challenge them.
-Challenge exclusivity --> In which the league is only ownable AND challengeable by the BGM members. (I prefer the former)

Then,
-Distinct elite fours, or the same elite four (I prefer the latter)
-One champion (no doubt about this one)
I say to start with we have challenge exclusivity. Otherwise it's just easy badges for the PE2Kers. Then later, once it isn't such an easy victory (at least for average PE2Kers like me) we open it up for everyone to challenge.

As for an Elite 4, having one single E4 doesn't seem quite fair. After all, most of us couldn't just usurp our current E4 right now, so when would a BMGer ever have a hope to get a seat. I say we keep a single E4 to start with, then when bURPG is maybe three months along then they can pick their four best in some way to be their E4.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Quote:
I say to start with we have challenge exclusivity. Otherwise it's just easy badges for the PE2Kers. Then later, once it isn't such an easy victory (at least for average PE2Kers like me) we open it up for everyone to challenge.

As for an Elite 4, having one single E4 doesn't seem quite fair. After all, most of us couldn't just usurp our current E4 right now, so when would a BMGer ever have a hope to get a seat. I say we keep a single E4 to start with, then when bURPG is maybe three months along then they can pick their four best in some way to be their E4.

Are you suggesting a phased introduction?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Are you suggesting a phased introduction?
Yep, that's about what I'm suggesting. I think it's probably the best idea. You'll recall that they attempted to install the ASB on PE2K almost all at once and it was a train wreck at first. The best solution imo is to steadily phase the new branch in and allow it to get on its feet slowly.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Yep, that's about what I'm suggesting. I think it's probably the best idea. You'll recall that they attempted to install the ASB on PE2K almost all at once and it was a train wreck at first. The best solution imo is to steadily phase the new branch in and allow it to get on its feet slowly.
Haha, yes, as embarrassing as it is, I agree with Khaj. We tried to start everything off at once and it was hard. I think a phased introduction would probably be best.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:

Quote:

I really agree with what you're saying. But, I don't agree with your timespan for E4, that is way too short of a time for members to get a team together and TM them for E4. I say, if we really have to open up a separate E4...

First 6 months: Gym Trainees (b), not needed to be challenged to battle the leader, just for honing skills. People from BMG can apply for pURPG gyms.
Months 6-12: Gyms (b) are opened up, and made exclusive for bURPG members to apply.
After 12 months: Gyms (b) are opened up to pURPG members.
After 18 months: bE4 is opened up, open for bURPG members only. pE4 is open to pURPG members only.

And, I say that anyone can challenge bE4 members or pE4 members: but you can only challenge the Champion once you've beaten all the E4 members of a branch.