Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: Expansion: Branch Interaction

And not to mention there is no way we can possibly deal with that, other than having a high suspicion index. But really, a second account won't do much, other than having an always-present training partner. I mean, two accounts won't make it easier to write stories, heh.
EDIT: Well I could see a potential FFA partner, two-Park Runs at the same time, 3k + starter Pokémon... and potentially a free ref to cheat on battles. But that's too much trouble ^^
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 03-11-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:10 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Well I could see a potential FFA partner, two-Park Runs at the same time, 3k + starter Pokémon... and potentially a free ref to cheat on battles. But that's too much trouble ^^

Yeah, no one's going to go through all of that work just to cheat. They'd be more successful just using that time to ref and earn money the normal way.

I suppose ultimately this thread is to address the issue of fairness. How do we make it so that the BMG members don't feel outgunned when compared to PE2K members? Is there a way or is any method we propose going to be too much a hassle? Should we put more focus on helping BMG members reach the top so that, in a short time, they can fight on the same level as us?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64

In response to you, HKim, I really don't know why people even bring up the whole "unexperienced" factor. Why should we should treat the BMG members any different than we treat new members here? Do they not have the same amount of inexperience? Do they not need to read over the same rules new members here do?

Answer: we shouldn't treat them differently.

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|
Old 03-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Yeah, no one's going to go through all of that work just to cheat. They'd be more successful just using that time to ref and earn money the normal way.

I suppose ultimately this thread is to address the issue of fairness. How do we make it so that the BMG members don't feel outgunned when compared to PE2K members? Is there a way or is any method we propose going to be too much a hassle? Should we put more focus on helping BMG members reach the top so that, in a short time, they can fight on the same level as us?
Yeah i think we should, maybe give BMG members a little bigger startpack than what we pe2k members get for a limited period of time. maybe give them 5k instead of 3k or two starters instead of one. maybe we could do some giveaways aswell to level the playingfield.

and if we do that then i dont see the reason for having separate gyms.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
In response to you, HKim, I really don't know why people even bring up the whole "unexperienced" factor. Why should we should treat the BMG members any different than we treat new members here? Do they not have the same amount of inexperience? Do they not need to read over the same rules new members here do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
Yeah i think we should, maybe give BMG members a little bigger startpack than what we pe2k members get for a limited period of time. maybe give them 5k instead of 3k or two starters instead of one. maybe we could do some giveaways aswell to level the playingfield.

and if we do that then i dont see the reason for having separate gyms.
Between those two I agree with Shock. There's absolutely no reason to treat new BMG members differently than new PE2K members. Anything we give to one we should give to both.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

I agree with Shock, this should just be treated the same as if there was a sudden increase of members joining here on PE2K.

If we somehow knew that 20 people were about to join our URPG, would we start handing out extra cash and more pokemon?

Obviously it might take a while for BMG members to climb up the ranks. In my opinion, pushing them to the top quickly is a bad idea because they won't have the same knowledge as someone who worked their way from the bottom. Otherwise, they'd be gym leaders with powerful pokemon, but they would have next to no strategy or skills to use those pokemon.

Just my two cents .

Last edited by Eeveedude; 03-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Marth Offline

Perhaps a special event for new members over BMG AND over PE2K, such as a:
"Newcomer tournament!"
Admission criteria: You may only enter if you have ONE Pokémon.
Rules: Choose other 2 first stage rental Pokémon (with a limit on WHICH Pokémon one can choose). 3 vs 3, DP, no helds, all clauses on, using your only Pokémon.
Prize: 1st place gets both rentals, 2nd place gets one.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Perhaps a special event for new members over BMG AND over PE2K, such as a:
"Newcomer tournament!"
Admission criteria: You may only enter if you have ONE Pokémon.
Rules: Choose other 2 first stage rental Pokémon (with a limit on WHICH Pokémon one can choose). 3 vs 3, DP, no helds, all clauses on, using your only Pokémon.
Prize: 1st place gets both rentals, 2nd place gets one.
there should also be an extra rule, like only people that are totaly new to urpg, so people that are restarting wont join and beat everybody with their superior strategy and knowledge. again only my two cents (though i think ive given about a quarter by now :P)

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
there should also be an extra rule, like only people that are totaly new to urpg, so people that are restarting wont join and beat everybody with their superior strategy and knowledge. again only my two cents (though i think ive given about a quarter by now :P)
I doubt anyone would want to restart for a couple of free Pokemon. (That they may not even get.)
Old 03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
I doubt anyone would want to restart for a couple of free Pokemon. (That they may not even get.)
no, but if someone where to just happen to restart that time, i dont think they should be allowed to participate

URPG VPP
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock64 View Post
/conversation

And I like Marth's idea of a newbie tournament at BMG.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Okay, I was thinking, maybe we could have some experienced URPGers go over and join BMG URPG so that they could help lead bulbagarden in the URPG and give a good example of how everything happens in general. Y/N?

Also, if we can battle the BMG URPGers, where are the logs gonna go? D:
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Radical Idea alert.

We have a backup forum right?

It might be wise to move things such as stats and logs to that or some other medium, and just require that everyone refer to that for logs and stats.

I seriously doubt having two different forums simultanously having logs and stats would be the easiest thing in the world to maintain, but... if you could consolidate everything that has to be refered to constantly for some manner or another, that would be easy to keep track of...

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Marth Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
Radical Idea alert.

We have a backup forum right?

It might be wise to move things such as stats and logs to that or some other medium, and just require that everyone refer to that for logs and stats.

I seriously doubt having two different forums simultanously having logs and stats would be the easiest thing in the world to maintain, but... if you could consolidate everything that has to be refered to constantly for some manner or another, that would be easy to keep track of...

~Isaiah
Eh, not really, for you only have to refer a viewable-by-everyone page, either you link to a thread or another, and having everything on a single forum will not shorten that step.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
Okay, I was thinking, maybe we could have some experienced URPGers go over and join BMG URPG so that they could help lead bulbagarden in the URPG and give a good example of how everything happens in general. Y/N?

Also, if we can battle the BMG URPGers, where are the logs gonna go? D:
Like I've been saying but nobody has seemed to notice; What's the point of logging on two different forums? Just tell people tio log all their battles on pe2k or on BMG. It's really not as complex as everyone is making it out to be.

I believe you're all getting ahead of yourselves now too, but whatever