To successfully expand the URPG to Bulbagarden (BMG)
, we will need to address various issues that come with the territory.
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the War and what activity it brings to PE2K every summer. Part of the reason for its success lies in its leadership structure. Regardless of how they're selected, the War leadership is composed of a few dedicated individuals who work with each other and the members to organize and create a exciting event.
I wish to follow that same mold.
We will be forming several committees, each dedicated to a certain aspect of the expansion that needs to be addressed before the opening. Each committee is temporary and will last only as long as it takes to answer each problem.
In terms or organization, each committee will be composed of a few members (aiming for somewhere between 2 to 5). Each committee will be led by a chair, chosen from the committee members. The committee is responsible for their respect area of concern and proposing to the URPG leadership their solution to that problem. In essence, I am giving those committees the authority to do what needs to be done in order to make this expansion a success.
Any decisions the committee comes to will be reviewed by the URPG Leadership if they drastically affect how the URPG runs, such as changing certain rules.
It is highly recommended that the committees use the Trainer's Court board as a place to discuss any issue with the rest of the URPG and among thsemselves.
In case you haven't seen the announcement yet: URPG Expansion
Here are the current committees:
Fierce Deity, Eeveedude, Keion
- Developing a plan to attract and guide new URPG members
- Organizing events for new members on BMG
- Proposals of promoting the URPG in other ways, such as through facebook or twitter
Scourge of Amaranth
Stunky, Mitsuzo-kun, Lord Khajmer, Iridium, -Pichu Boy-, Psychedelic Shroomish, Fierce Deity, TsukiKaiki64, GreenRampage, Bumblebee16, poke123
- The Training Committee's job is two-fold.
- First, they are responsible for helping each of the 4 main sections to develop qualified refs, graders, rangers, and judges in preparation for an influx of members.
- Secondly, they must be ready when the new members on BMG begin to take on positions themselves and contribute back to the URPG. Whether this takes the form of mentoring, special lessons, etc; is up to the Committee to decide.
The Jr Trainer
- Preparing the Battle Section for the expansion
- Preparing Refs for the expansion
Pretty much any grader who wants to help
- Preparing the Story Section for the expansion
- Preparing Graders for the expansion
- Preparing the Contest Section for the expansion
- Preparing Judges for the expansion
Lord Khajmer, Tsukikaiki64, Bumblebee16, sheepskinfuton, Keion
- Preparing the Park for the expansion
- Preparing Rangers for the expansion
- The Park
Interforum Logistics Committee
Lord Khajmer, Stunky
- Deal with issues that might arise do the URPG existing on two forums (such issues include gym leagues, where to place statistics, leadership on both sides, etc.)
- Deal with the issue of banned forum members vs. banned URPG members
- Interforum Logistics
- Gyms, Leagues, and Elite 4
Initial Release Committee
Ataro, Phantom Kat
- Develop a method in which to release the URPG. Possibilities include a phased introduction, separating the two boards initially, fresh start, etc.
- Ensuring that all sections and critical threads are in place for the expansion. Threads must be accurate, functional, and edited for easier access.
- Note: The Welcoming Committee focuses specifically on new members while the Initial Release Committee deals more with organization issues.
- Branch Interaction
Diplomacy and Research Committee
Lord Khajmer, Scourge of Amaranth, Mitsuzo-kun
- Research Bulbagarden's culture and history.
- Negotiate with forum leaders.
- Befriending members from Bulbagarden
- Work with other committees who may need to coordinate with the new forum in order to enact their ideas.
To sign up for a committee, fill out the form:
Committees: (What committees you want to be on, ranked by preference)
Other: (Anything you wish to note such as ideas you might have for certain committees or why you should be on them)
Name: Harry Kim (HKim)
Committees: (You can sign up for more or less than 5, I just used that number as an example)
1. Diplomacy and Research
3. Interforum Logistics
4. Initial Release
Other: As a PE2K Gmod, I believe I have the experience to contribute to the URPG's success.
If you have any other suggestions for committees, please let me know. If too many people sign up for one committee, some people may not be in that particular group so be sure to rank which committees you prefer over others. I will be selecting one of the committee members to chair the group, who is essentially responsible for coordinating and communicating among the members. Of course, the heads of the main URPG sections are automatically selected as chairs for their respective committees. If you prefer not to be a chair, state so in the form.