Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Lightbulb Tips for New Members

Seeing as Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be released in America (and other non-important regions), I think it would be a good idea to prepare for the influx of new members that will join the URPG.

So this thread is for the older and experienced members to put down neat tips and tricks they've learned that could help a new member as they start out. Perhaps information they wished they knew when they first joined.

(Note, exploits have, and always shall be, a bannable offense.)

I'll go ahead and start:

1. One of the easiest ways to earn a top-tier pokemon is to write a story for Magikarp. Requiring only 3,000 characters, a Magikarp in one of the easiest pokemon to write for, and with only seven battles, can evolve into Gyrados, a powerful creature indeed.

2. Battle early and battle often! Each battle in the URPG will reward you for participating, no matter if you won or lost. Losing may only reward $500, but those tiny amounts slowly add up. Many refs would be happy to run a battle for you and if they're busy, simply ask another. After all, they earn money too for reffing.

3. Form rivalries with other members who have started around the same time as you. Not only does this give you someone to battle with when they're on, but most likely they will also be at the same skill level as you, making the duels a challenge in and of itself!

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=97244

This is also a good thread for new members to read
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by Haze; 02-26-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Harry made an oopsie
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: Tips for New Members

lol this reminds of when i first joined urpg. i think i have a thread to show my nooby noobynes somewhere. so i think a little tip from me to any new members is to NOT do what i did here.

and yes everybody else is welcome to laugh at it.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

This reminds me of Marth's old thread

Don't pester refs all the time. If someone says no to reffing, don't ask them 20 minutes later.

Look for an answer before asking a question. Odds are it's probably posted somewhere already.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 PM
luke39 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to luke39

Sorry Ayotui, can't help but ROFL.

Also

1: Never bug refs like 3 or more times (Me) or you will be blown up with machine guns by the ref. (I stopped from now on)

2: Never try adding free pokemon or money to your stats. That's cheating!

3: Do your best in the URPG to achieve your goals of maybe becoming ref or Champ.

Thanks

~Luke~

Mighteyena
Obtained:294
Hatch @ 309
Evolve @ 348
Lv 100 @ 594
Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
This reminds me of Marth's old thread

Don't pester refs all the time. If someone says no to reffing, don't ask them 20 minutes later.

Look for an answer before asking a question. Odds are it's probably posted somewhere already.
A thread which I wonder... where is it now? Could it be added to a battle thread or something?
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Don't pick a Pokemon that is available in the Pokemart as a starter. Story only Pokemon are, for the most part, better than a Pokemon obtainable from the Mart.
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

When you're in a battle, and you're not certain of something, for instance how much damage an attack will do or whether something works or not, never just guess and hope for the best. Ask the ref, they'll be glad to answer, even if it's something stupid.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

-When you evolve your first Pokémon, don't try to fight older, experienced members. Try to fight people that have newly-bought-or-caught basic Pokémon like you, so you'll have more chances of winning, and getting more money.
-Begin to write early and it'll be easier lately.
-Your second Pokémon should try to counter what your first Pokémon can't fight.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

-dont worry that much about being a good battler at the beggining, it will come on its own eventually

-dont challenge gyms with basic pokemon, you'll just look a noob

-get an aim acount. it will help you tons

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Near Offline

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via MSN to Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
When you're in a battle, and you're not certain of something, for instance how much damage an attack will do or whether something works or not, never just guess and hope for the best. Ask the ref, they'll be glad to answer, even if it's something stupid.
I get screamed at.

Also Don't Piss Off Refs. (Even If I failed that), (Your free to piss off anyone else) >.<

Click "Near" for my Stats, and "Blue" for BJ's Stats.

I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE FROM JUNE 24TH TILL JULY 2ND.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
I get screamed at.
That's not because your questions are stupid Near, it's because we don't like you. And on that note, I'm seconding this latest tip from Near.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

- Don't be pretentious and think you know everything about the URPG just because you know Pokemon. There are several differences between the URPG and the game, so make sure to read the guides and rules.

- Ask older and more experienced members how things work. Sometimes you'll find exceptionally nice people who don't mind helping you out and teaching you a bit.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Make friends and allies of the oldbies as quickly as possible. We're good for advice, even better for potential FFA teammates, and you never know who's gonna become a ref, grader, ranger or judge.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Make friends and allies of the oldbies as quickly as possible. We're good for advice, even better for potential FFA teammates, and you never know who's gonna become a ref, grader, ranger or judge.
^This.

Be nice, be yourself, make friends. Remember that the other members are still real people too. If you make friends, you'll have more fun, and will probably have more support and go further.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

- Just like how you refs can become mad when you ask too much, graders also get ticked off. Don't pester graders just because you can't wait to get the Pokemon. However, you can befriend graders, get to know them, and when you have a story in need of a grade, they might grade it for you really quickly.

- Don't teach your Pokemon any TM just because they can know it and it seems cool at the time. Do your homework and figure out which TMs can benefit your Pokemon the most. Buy the most important ones first (like TM Calm Mind and Shadow Ball for Espeon) then, when you have more money, you can buy other TMs. Don't be afraid to ask more experienced members for advice as to which you should buy.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce