Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Fanfic of the year 2009 Nominees

Hey guys. I've finally compiled the information after the judges seemed to have like disappeared or something. ANYWAYS

The nominees are...

One-shots
Every year people made random fics that weren't meant to be long and stuff. Here we remember those who did make some nice one-shots over 2009.

Chaptered Fiction
These are for the most outstanding fics that have been created in the past year. The only criteria was that it was chaptered and not one-shot, while it has been newly created in the past year, instead of it being already established.
On-going Chaptered Fiction
Of course, that also meant that we had a separate category for established "franchises" to exist. We took the time to sort through all of the fics, and added those that were created before 2009 and placed them into this category. Congratulations to all of the nominees!

Winners thread is there:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...99#post3073899

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 03-21-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Fanfic of the year 2009 Nominees

.........I swear to the lord, people hate my SonicX stories...Both Dark Storm, and now New Moon, have been denied into nominees.

Really, I'm hurt. I pride myself on being able to write good stories, and I get jack squat for it...No recognition.

New Moon is on hiatus now, fwi. I need to recover...>.<'
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Griff4815 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Griff4815

It's no big deal. Sometimes popularity is leveraged over quality, though I can't vouge for all the nominees and non-nominees- only a few.

Incidentally, thanks for choosing my one-shot, whoever's in charge of doing this. What goes on from this stage? User-votes or judge-votes?

The biggest Grovyle fan in PE2K or anywhere.
Time Bandit
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

For a while I thought this was dead...

Well, congrats to all the nominees. I've only been reading a couple of these, but this definitely does seem like a nice, solid list of good fics.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

No nomination for TFA? ;_;

Congrats to the nominees.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
One-shots

Chaptered Fiction
Holy CRAP! Two nominations, seriously?!

T^T This means so much to me...Thank you SO much for the nominations!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Incarnate got in? ;u;

Ah, Kenny, are rewrites not allowed to be submitted? After I entered Incarnate I rewrote it. xD;

Old 02-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
.........I swear to the lord, people hate my SonicX stories...Both Dark Storm, and now New Moon, have been denied into nominees.

Really, I'm hurt. I pride myself on being able to write good stories, and I get jack squat for it...No recognition.

New Moon is on hiatus now, fwi. I need to recover...>.<'
The process was completed by an average of judges. Unfortunately, they did take the time to read and grade more than 20 stories. That should tell you how much work they've put into this. Taking away from them would be...immature and honestly not very nice. Also, it should be noted that many talented writers aren't getting recognition this time around either. It's also silly to think that this is the only way to get recognized in writing around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
It's no big deal. Sometimes popularity is leveraged over quality, though I can't vouge for all the nominees and non-nominees- only a few.

Incidentally, thanks for choosing my one-shot, whoever's in charge of doing this. What goes on from this stage? User-votes or judge-votes?
As answered above, it was by judges. It should be noted that popularity is therefore unlikely to be leveraged over quality in this specific standard. However, it should be noted that a number of the stories were less consistent than others, perhaps due to its less broad appeal to the wider judging group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
For a while I thought this was dead...

Well, congrats to all the nominees. I've only been reading a couple of these, but this definitely does seem like a nice, solid list of good fics.
Neo, you always think it's dead. :3
Then again, it's mostly me on this part, considering my endless bombardment of exams one after the other. Heck, my pe2k activity isn't all that high either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
No nomination for TFA? ;_;

Congrats to the nominees.
No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
Holy CRAP! Two nominations, seriously?!

T^T This means so much to me...Thank you SO much for the nominations!
Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Incarnate got in? ;u;

Ah, Kenny, are rewrites not allowed to be submitted? After I entered Incarnate I rewrote it. xD;
As far as I'm concerned, the modifications were before the judges started reading them anyways. The only time when this is an issue is if the judges read two different stories, which is unlikely the case here.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the modifications were before the judges started reading them anyways. The only time when this is an issue is if the judges read two different stories, which is unlikely the case here.
Ah, I see. I just wondered, as the link to Incarnate goes to the old version. n_n

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

Splendid. :3

Um. Yes. Heh.

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Wait, what? *faints*

Er, that was unexpected... *still doesn't expect to win, but feels better inspired to write*

Good luck, everyone! ^^

Old 02-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post

Ah, I see. I just wondered, as the link to Incarnate goes to the old version. n_n
Too late then. That's the one reviewed, I believe.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Young Blaziken Offline
Experienced Trainer

Hah, well good luck to the nominees! I'm just kind of sad that I missed sign ups for this xD My computers were busy bugging out apparently. Oh well, there's always next time =)
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Oh...oh WOW. x.x Seriously, guys, thanks for this.

I can't believe StormRiders made it into the nominee pile. ='3

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
The process was completed by an average of judges. Unfortunately, they did take the time to read and grade more than 20 stories. That should tell you how much work they've put into this. Taking away from them would be...immature and honestly not very nice. Also, it should be noted that many talented writers aren't getting recognition this time around either. It's also silly to think that this is the only way to get recognized in writing around here.

As answered above, it was by judges. It should be noted that popularity is therefore unlikely to be leveraged over quality in this specific standard. However, it should be noted that a number of the stories were less consistent than others, perhaps due to its less broad appeal to the wider judging group.
I don't blame the judges, only in the fact that...Well, a Sonic story on a Pokemon forum? Blasphemy! @.@ Not to mention Pokemon is really popular, and Sonic has fallen off the wagon in recent years. And I'd just appreciate being noted for the hard work I put in, too. Admittedly, I jumped the gun in writing New Moon...So I do need a hiatus. I've decided to start typing up SonicX: Doomsday, though. It should be much better <3 And besides; third times the charm! *Shot*

And what do you mean, exactly, by some stories being less consitent due to a less broad appeal?

Do you mean people don't try as hard on those? 0o'

Hmmm...Not even Eternity of Time made it in. Shell is right though-we haven't gotten into the most action-y parts yet. When we do, prepare to get your feet knocked off! (Not socks-Mythbusters proved the only way to knock socks off is to blow the feet off too XDDD). *Evil laugh*

EDIT: Gem, was there any ever doubt that StormRiders wouldn't make it in? Seriously! You work so hard on that story. Nice, long chapters, a very interesting plot, great first-person point of view, and beautiful description. I mean, your story, Sanguine Sky, did inspire Sonic Shift: Sanguine Snow, in a way. And Nazo takes a lot of his personality from Rye (and in turn, Skye XD). You're an inspiration, and I wish my stories could be as great as yours.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 02-28-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Closed Thread