Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:21 AM
fullmetal Offline

Send a message via AIM to fullmetal
Default Legalizing Marijuana

Discuss.

I personally believe it should be legalized or at least decriminalized. My reasoning can't be shared on the internet since I don't wanna go to jail but scientifically its safer than Tobacco and alcohol. Then why is it still illegal here in the states?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Legalizing Marijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Discuss.

I personally believe it should be legalized or at least decriminalized. My reasoning can't be shared on the internet since I don't wanna go to jail but scientifically its safer than Tobacco and alcohol. Then why is it still illegal here in the states?
lolz. You aren't going to get arrested for it bro, how do you expect them to find you? Any cops reading this wouldn't know your name or location, and they aren't going to call in an IP search for pot. Besides, people who have admitted to smoking weed after the fact in public haven't been arrested afterwards, it's really more if you get caught doing it (and more if you get caught selling it).

Anyway, I agree that it should be legalized, but the fact that a person wants to do it shouldn't be their reasoning for wanting it legalized imo. Aside from the fact that it's less damaging to your system than many other drugs, like alcohol, taxing it would simply bring in a TON of money for all three levels of government (federal, state and local) via taxes and, you know, not wasting any more money trying to enforce the law.

imo, I say marijuana is in the same place in terms of danger as tobacco and alcohol. It'd just be better to regulate it, and stress through school and other programs that it's a bad idea in general, instead of trying to completely stop it.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Tobacco's only dangerous to your health, and Alcohol is dangerous when you know, you get drunk. Marijuana on the other hand isn't really threatening to your health at all; hell, you have to consume something like 1500 pounds of the stuff for it to be lethal in any way.
Honestly, I don't think it should be fully legalized, but rather like an over-the-counter drug you just go and get a prescription for. They've got pills you take for stress, sleeping aids, and pain relievers; all stuff Marijuana can do without the side effects! Imagine that!
But like Khajmer said, if we legalize it than everybody will abuse it since you couldn't get arrested for it.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

Lol, I don't even know what the hell drugs are. I mean, I know what drugs are as in pain relievers and medicine, but all my life I've been stuck with stuff like a band of cops coming and singing about not doing drugs. For some reason, they never explained what a drug was to me...What, is it good medicine? I loved the bubble gum flavored Motrin, and I always wanted to drink it when I wasn't sick, but I never did

All I know is that Marijuana is supposed to be bad for you or something, but according to what you guys know, it looks like it'd work out if it was legal, just people couldn't abuse it. I'm about to go look up some stuff about drugs and Marijuana, then I can give more thoughts about this...

Oh, and btw, I found this image on Wikipedia, You guys may want to see it. Click here. Marijuana doesn't neccessarily look...horrible... =/ I'd never do drugs though. That cop band with their song about not doing drugs convinced me when I was little, lol.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|

Last edited by Dylan; 02-16-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

Ok, its great to see that someone posted this.

Lets start off with, Health. Sure you get stuff like red eyes and dry mouth. That is because of the smoke. There are so many ways you can take Marijuana. Smoking it, is easier and gets you more "high".

Now when you smoke "Marijuana", your first toak (depending on what you smoke it out of and how much) are going to make you have energy. As you smoke more and more, your body feels more relaxed and your mindset is in a whole new world. Try watching anything on TV and you will see it in a new way. More and More you smoke, the more life will feel like a dream. Its like day dreaming with out the tiredness.

Now if your a hardcore stoner (smoking a gram to your self, using a 2 footer bong, hot-boxing a small bathroom, every-single day), that's when you start to not be able to think. Yes, Science has proven that being a hardcore stonier for 10 years can cause a 5 percent decreases of your brain. That's only if you do it all the time. Thous who don't understand what a hardcore stoner looks like; let me paint you a picture in your mind.

A guy with 10 dollars worth of weed, using a 2 footer bong (Longer what ever you smoke it out of, more smoke = more high), in a hotbox (A small area where you close all the air vents and such so no smoke leaves the room to get you really high). When your that high (me on Fridays when my dad isn't home); you start to see things, you can feel the universe and life's energy travel right threw you and life tends to scare you.

Overall. Marijuana and Mushrooms are your tickets to travel new worlds. It sure beats playing Pokemon all day.

One more thing, Pot doesn't make you lazy, your lazy cause your lazy.

EDIT: and Yes, I AM HIGH!

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

Amen to that Craig!
Everyone alreasy covered all the stuff I wanted to say.
But I don't see the point of Marijuana being "bad". It's called the gateway drug when essentially, you can avoid getting into dirt and other drugs through self control. Also, nothings wrong with toking between classes or before a test, you just need to relieve your stress every now and then.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
But like Khajmer said, if we legalize it than everybody will abuse it since you couldn't get arrested for it.
I never said that -_-. I implied that we shouldn't legalize it without regulating it due to the likelihood of mass abuse, but I never said that legalizing it would absolutely lead to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Oh, and btw, I found this image on Wikipedia, You guys may want to see it. Click here. Marijuana doesn't neccessarily look...horrible... =/ I'd never do drugs though. That cop band with their song about not doing drugs convinced me when I was little, lol.
It isn't all that horrible. It lowers your inhibitions and can make you act a little... different, but the effects aren't bad at all compared to a lot of other drugs-large amounts of the already legal alcohol, for instance. But I agree, I wouldn't do any kind of drugs either, not because the singing cops convinced me (I actually wanted to find and down a bottle of vodka and throw it at them tbh, so freaking annoying) but because I can't stand being out of control. And just to be clear, I don't advocate people doing it, but I don't condemn it either, and I think that it's financially and socially stupid to keep it illegal.

@Craig: Yes, we all know you're a pothead bro. No need to remind us
Old 02-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Craig will be die blazin'!
The media and law enforcement try to brainwash todays youth on how bad Marijuana is. Dylan is clearly one of their victims =/
Old 02-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
Craig will be die blazin'!
The media and law enforcement try to brainwash todays youth on how bad Marijuana is. Dylan is clearly one of their victims =/
You know it, lol.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 AM
PaxPalkia Offline

Send a message via AIM to PaxPalkia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post

Lets start off with, Health. Sure you get stuff like red eyes and dry mouth. That is because of the smoke. There are so many ways you can take Marijuana. Smoking it, is easier and gets you more "high".

Now when you smoke "Marijuana", your first toak (depending on what you smoke it out of and how much) are going to make you have energy. As you smoke more and more, your body feels more relaxed and your mindset is in a whole new world. Try watching anything on TV and you will see it in a new way. More and More you smoke, the more life will feel like a dream. Its like day dreaming with out the tiredness.

Now if your a hardcore stoner (smoking a gram to your self, using a 2 footer bong, hot-boxing a small bathroom, every-single day), that's when you start to not be able to think. Yes, Science has proven that being a hardcore stonier for 10 years can cause a 5 percent decreases of your brain. That's only if you do it all the time. Thous who don't understand what a hardcore stoner looks like; let me paint you a picture in your mind.

A guy with 10 dollars worth of weed, using a 2 footer bong (Longer what ever you smoke it out of, more smoke = more high), in a hotbox (A small area where you close all the air vents and such so no smoke leaves the room to get you really high). When your that high (me on Fridays when my dad isn't home); you start to see things, you can feel the universe and life's energy travel right threw you and life tends to scare you.

Overall. Marijuana and Mushrooms are your tickets to travel new worlds. It sure beats playing Pokemon all day.

Ahahaha that was funny... I found this thread... At this EXACT moment. *Heh heh* XD
Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxPalkia View Post
Ahahaha that was funny... I found this thread... At this EXACT moment. *Heh heh* XD
Old 02-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
looks away innocently*

I literally can barely see right now haha. Kush is the way to go!

Anyways, I decided to do my grad project on the legalization of Marijuana :3
Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
looks away innocently*

I literally can barely see right now haha. Kush is the way to go!

Anyways, I decided to do my grad project on the legalization of Marijuana :3
You know I have to put my 2 cents in and here it is.
@Ron good for you...dont 4get to include somewhere in there that Legalization includes but is not limited to Industrialization...
which brings me to my second point. Imagine if you will 20 or 25 years into the future, in the 90's the best high grade one could get was Cronik(that was so last millenium) now its kush. give a horticultiorist 25 years and they will have an even better stain of Indica or Sativa. Super Herb i call it with Trichomes off the charts. It'll be so good every one will have to Vaporize to get medicated.

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Tobacco's only dangerous to your health, and Alcohol is dangerous when you know, you get drunk. Marijuana on the other hand isn't really threatening to your health at all; hell, you have to consume something like 1500 pounds of the stuff for it to be lethal in any way.
Honestly, I don't think it should be fully legalized, but rather like an over-the-counter drug you just go and get a prescription for. They've got pills you take for stress, sleeping aids, and pain relievers; all stuff Marijuana can do without the side effects! Imagine that!
If we legalize it, it will become just like Tobacco and Alcohol. Those who want, or feel the need to abuse it, will. And the rest of us will just go about our daily lives, using when we feel like it. If you make it available, after a little while it'll lose a lot of it's "prestige" and it'll be just like alcohol/tobacco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post

I'll give you everything you put here, but Mushrooms? Really man? They get you high by releasing a neurotoxin into your blood stream. The damn things are downright fatal, it all just depends how many times you're body can survive the toxin.
Quote:
Amen to that Craig!
Everyone alreasy covered all the stuff I wanted to say.
But I don't see the point of Marijuana being "bad". It's called the gateway drug when essentially, you can avoid getting into dirt and other drugs through self control. Also, nothings wrong with toking between classes or before a test, you just need to relieve your stress every now and then.
I disagree when people call it that too. The only reason it gets called that is because people are looking for something easy to blame that's prevalent in our society today. Why have more hard core drug users smoked weed? Because it's easily available. Did weed make them think "hey drugs aren't bad?" No. If they thought that they wouldn't have tried it in the first place. Gateway drug is bullsh.t. If anything alcohol or tobacco would fit that description better, as it's readily available, and very easy to come by. I know I dipped and smoked cigarettes before trying weed, but I was brought up on the "Everything in moderation" mantra also. My parents never said "Don't smoke, don't chew, don't etc" except for hard drugs, which I already knew the consequences of.

Moral of the story: Government, legalize it, tax it, sit back with the rubber-band bank you about to be rolling in, and let us do what we want.

And I've only smoked once, I'm not even one of the habitual users, yet I feel this way.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Why legalize it?

I know everyone has their own reason on why it should be, but it's not like it hasn't stopped people from using it anyway.

That small want becomes a need. One way or another people that want/need marijuana are going to find a way to get it.

|thedynamicduo|
Closed Thread