Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default So Long

After five years of URPG and more than four years of modding it, I'm resigning as moderator of URPG. I am also resigning as head ref and ref tester. Haze will replace me as head ref. Jr has been taking care of ref wages for me for a while now, he and Haze will work that out. I would like to stay on as an official so I can give my thoughts on situations from time to time. I've tried to inform HKim of this ahead of my resignation, but he's been stubbornly refusing to get on AIM for about 3 months now.

The reasons are simple. I've steadily lost interest in URPG for some time now. I've wanted to quit for quite some time. Already back in the summer I gave up Cinnabar and my E4 and League Organizer position. However back then the staff wasn't worth much; half were inactive, others barely cared, so I stayed for a while. By now we've made the necessary removals and additions so that the staff can deal with everything without me. I've also always said that being active is one of the most important aspects of modding URPG. I won't be as active anymore, so after yelling at other mods for being inactive, I am not going to hang around as an inactive mod myself.

Finally I don't like being corny, but I still want to mention a few people who made URPG so much fun for me.

Tamer San: taught me the first few things about how to use Arcanine in URPG, because that does require a bit of thought. If you're unfamiliar with it, I suggest you find out.

Keeper of Light and Dap: these two guys taught me how to ref, and Dap tested me. Dap also reffed the first FFA I played in, which back then was still an epic event, announced like a week in advance and with people actually signing up to help out reffing.

Marth: one of the battlers I looked up to most when I joined, along with Dap and Magare. Back in the RSE generation, Alakazam had very few counters and was, if used well, pretty unbeatable without those counters. Needless to say Marth used it well, and I spent a fair amount of time plotting how to take it down.

Magare: taught me the secrets of defending Cinnabar Island Gym before passing it on to me. Cinnabar was one of the toughest gyms to take when he had it, so I really wanted to do well with it when I got it. Was nice to see him pop in just this week and hear him say that he was pleased with how I did.

Nefarious: one of my first friends on here, even before I joined URPG. We kinda decided to join it together since a lot of people on PE2k played it, and then we also advanced together. Became refs, mart approvers, and officials at the same time and what not. We had a rivalry about getting the highest ref wages, which was fun. But eventually he had enough, and kinda disappeared. Great guy.

Younglink, Fenix and Embreon: my best friends here. Getting to know you guys has been the best thing about this place. We've had a lot of fun times, both URPG and non-URPG related. When I think about PE2k or URPG, I think about you guys first and when I don't think about PE2k or URPG, there's still quite a few times where I think about you.

Haze and Jr: lol. I'm glad both of you have eventually made it to modship, because it'd be a waste if you hadn't. I'm also glad you made it to modship because URPG really needed it. And I'm also glad you made it to modship because now you can take over from me.

All staff I worked with: I know I wasn't always easy, so thanks for dealing with me. We had our moments, but in the end, I think we got through okay.

There were a lot of other cool people I got to know, but if I had to name all cool people I got to know in 5 years time, I'd be going on for a while. So I'll leave it at this.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign
Default Re: So Long

Told you on AIM how much I'll miss you. Later, Mike. Thanks for being such a great mentor.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg

Last edited by iReign; 02-03-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

...:(
Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I've only seen you around once, and that was quite recently. We've never talked, but I'd just like wish you a bright future.

Man, that sounded too cheesy. :[
Old 02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Such a downer, bro. You're one of the funnest parts of URPG and I'm going to miss teasing the recruits with you. Just don't go too inactive or I'll have to spam your inbox with pictures of crazy in his zebra-print snuggie.

May you forever be some sort of tree.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

D:

Well, goodbye, Mike. Good luck with whatever you do in life, and be sure to come back and visit! ;)
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc

/salute

thanks for being such an awesome mod and URPGer, hopefully we'll still see you around occasionally
Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage

You frightened me a tad, but it was your astounding awesomeness that made me second think asking you to ref...

sigh the 100% go to for URPG questions will be missed
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

I don't really know you, but I know you contributed a lot to the URPG. Your absense will be noticed here :[

Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Now who is going to be the intimidating man who makes everyone shut up? :(

Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post

This reminds me of that part of Narnia where the witch and her goons capture Aslan and shave his beard, symbolically shaving away the hope of the citizens of Narnia.

You will be missed, Aslan.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Brizer Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I remember when I was new and I was absolutely petrified about asking you to ref for me xD

And I had to fence you in a tournament once and it was the first time I'd battled someone of that level in URPG.

Intimidating to say the least xD

Glad I got to catch almost a year of you being here. It was a pleasure =P

Near: Brizer, I NEED YOU ...damnit. Wow that sounded pretty gay
URPG Stats
Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Fenix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Fenix

Mikey, I've been dreading the day this would come for a long time... : [

I could write you a long heartfelt goodbye post, but we both know this isn't goodbye. We've spent too much time together over the past years and you mean too much to me for that kind of thing.

However, I will still say a few things anyway.

You've always been the person I look up to most here, right since the beginning when you IM'd me for a conversation out of the blue and I was completely stunned. :P I'm still glad you did that, and if it wasn't for our friendship, I wouldn't have gotten where I am now in here, and it certainly wouldn't have been as fun as it has been. We've had a lot of great times together and with your leave will come a great void in the very heart of the URPG, in my mind anyway. I don't know what kinds of terrible silly things might happen if you didn't chime in and bark your frank voice of reason into matters here... so don't become too inactive, okay? <3

You've done more for URPG than anyone else I can think of, possibly even combined, and you'll always be the unofficial leader in my eyes.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:21 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

There retires a man worthy of the URPG. He may not have been an URPG Yahoo Vet, but he was just as good, as smart, and as capable as any of them. There are few people who can do what Mike has done. Few people capable of his intelligence. Few people capable of his dedication. And few people capable of his companionship to his fellow members.

Mike, I can't always say we've seen eye to eye... and I'm glad for it. You've certainly provided a welcome criticism to any URPG changes, with advice that was usually on the mark. I value our friendship. Without you, this place would have disappeared quite some time ago. Without you, we never would have run as smoothly as we have. Without you, we would we at a loss.

I know you will still be around as an official, advising us as you always have, but I want to say that your work here will always be remembered. That should anyone ask, you truly were the leader of our URPG battling section, the main part of all that this place is. You hand-selected Haze and Jr. and both are capable men. I'm sure they will work hard to fill your shoes, as big as they are.

Thank you for your service sir.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:27 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post

I think what I wanted to say was, for the most part, just taken.

Thanks for being here so long- it wouldn't/won't be the same without you.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.