Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom
Default Re: We can haz Breeding Center?

I like this idea. It's a good and fairly expensive way to get decent pokemon. The only problem which no-one can help really is refs and money earners will be able to abuse it services but still, I say we go for it!

Credit to EmBreon
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

The only problem I see with it is that it's insanely expensive if we follow the current rules. Who really wants to pay 50k for a Garchomp to have mate when all you're really getting is a Gible?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Houndoom View Post
I like this idea. It's a good and fairly expensive way to get decent pokemon. The only problem which no-one can help really is refs and money earners will be able to abuse it services but still, I say we go for it!
Nah, people can refuse to put their Mon in. That's the beauty of it :P. You can go to someone's stats and see if they really need the services or not, based on the Mon they have and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
The only problem I see with it is that it's insanely expensive if we follow the current rules. Who really wants to pay 50k for a Garchomp to have mate when all you're really getting is a Gible?
Exactly. Go buy a Gible for 10k instead of for 50k. This is mainly for Mon NOT in the Mart, things like Munchlax and PZ. You want a Porygon? Pay for a Ditto and a PZ to breed. The cost keeps people from getting strong Mon too easily or quickly. We can always tweak the costs, though.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog of Hellsing View Post
Nah, people can refuse to put their Mon in. That's the beauty of it :P. You can go to someone's stats and see if they really need the services or not, based on the Mon they have and all.
or you can ge bastard about it and not give in anyway, the choice is yours.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Quote:

Exactly. Go buy a Gible for 10k instead of for 50k. This is mainly for Mon NOT in the Mart, things like Munchlax and PZ. You want a Porygon? Pay for a Ditto and a PZ to breed. The cost keeps people from getting strong Mon too easily or quickly. We can always tweak the costs, though.
Gible's in the mart? Heh, wrong example.

Well, I'd much rather write for $1 a character then shell out for that much cash for a Porygon. This doesn't really affect newer members at all. Only insanely good battlers and anyone with a higher proffession (grader, ref, etc,) could afford this. *shrug*
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Eeveedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eeveedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Gible's in the mart? Heh, wrong example.

Well, I'd much rather write for $1 a character then shell out for that much cash for a Porygon. This doesn't really affect newer members at all. Only insanely good battlers and anyone with a higher proffession (grader, ref, etc,) could afford this. *shrug*
Well, new members don't necessarily need a PorygonZ to get started. They can afford a $3,000 Magikarp or a $5,000 Oddish.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kirethidae Send a message via MSN to Kirethidae

I actually love this idea.

For the expensiveness though, I don't see what the problem is.
One of the main concerns with the Breeding Center is about how the URPG could be flooded with rare, powerful 'Mons, and more expensive prices would help somewhat to stop that.

If the 'Mons were cheaper and easier to get, then yes, the URPG could well soon be full of Porygon's and Miltank's. If they weren't so cheap, people would be forced to actually save for them or forget about it.

People just want another quick-fix option in the Breeding Center, but I think it would be better, especially with the monthly limitations suggested, if people actually had to exercise a bit of patience and save their money for a big purchase.
This would also encourage people to battle more, ref more etc. The main part of the URPG is the battling, which is obvious, and what's wrong with moar battlin'? Nothing in my opinion.

People shouldn't be able to just spend a couple of days saving and suddenly be able to buy a shiny new Aerodactyl. If they want it, they should be made work for it.

Last edited by Kirethidae; 01-26-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Personally, I don't like this idea. It's already easy enough to get good Pokemon in URPG (hello national park) and defeats the purpose of a story deal imo. Honestly this is just another way of making hard mons easier to get in URPG. If you have that much money, why not just wait for an auction or story deal with someone? Heck, why not even ask someone to trade?

I say there's no real reason to add this to URPG- as has been stated there are plenty of ways to get a new Pokemon; why make it even easier than it aready is?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
Personally, I don't like this idea. It's already easy enough to get good Pokemon in URPG (hello national park) and defeats the purpose of a story deal imo. Honestly this is just another way of making hard mons easier to get in URPG. If you have that much money, why not just wait for an auction or story deal with someone? Heck, why not even ask someone to trade?

I say there's no real reason to add this to URPG- as has been stated there are plenty of ways to get a new Pokemon; why make it even easier than it aready is?
It's not so easy to RP for Mon if you're not such a good writer or can't get the hang of RPing.

What's the difference between dropping 50k on a Mon to trade and get a PZ w/ EMs and dropping 50k to get one without moves from the BC? It's not easier, it's just an alternative method. There are plenty of people, like me, who would find it a waste to spend money on buying a Pokemon when we can RP/write for one, after all. We find it easier to write or RP than we do to battle battle battle and get money to waste at the Auction or whatever.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I would personally have no problem paying out $50k+ on an Absol.

I have a set out list of 'Mon that I want, and I want to get them perfectly how I personally want them.

I don't want to get any other 'Mon like I might do in RP, and I don't want to get someone else's 'Mon in a trade or something.
I'm obviously going to really like the idea of a Breeding Center like this, but I'm sure that alot of other people would too.

If the prices are high, the limitations are good and the wait is adequate, only people who really want a certain Pogeymanz would use this method of getting them as opposed to the other ways.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

Quote:

Sadly, I agree with this. It wouldn't be much of a challenge which will make the URPG boring imo. I like having to write for a certain Mon. For those who think they can't write, or simply don't want to, that is what the Park is for.

If this does go through, perhaps the once a month to limit the number of times they can use the Breeding Center. I think maybe this will be better. That is just me though.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee16 View Post
Sadly, I agree with this. It wouldn't be much of a challenge which will make the URPG boring imo. I like having to write for a certain Mon. For those who think they can't write, or simply don't want to, that is what the Park is for.

If this does go through, perhaps the once a month to limit the number of times they can use the Breeding Center. I think maybe this will be better.
If you can't write due to lack of writing skill though, you most probably won't be able to RP very well either though.
They're both based on creating and writing stories.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:
It's not so easy to RP for Mon if you're not such a good writer or can't get the hang of RPing.
Isn't luck a major factor in deciding whether or not you get a Pokemon in the park?

Quote:
What's the difference between dropping 50k on a Mon to trade and get a PZ w/ EMs and dropping 50k to get one without moves from the BC? It's not easier, it's just an alternative method.
And like I said, aren't there plenty of other alternative methods? Why add another?

Quote:
There are plenty of people, like me, who would find it a waste to spend money on buying a Pokemon when we can RP/write for one, after all. We find it easier to write or RP than we do to battle battle battle and get money to waste at the Auction or whatever.
I think you've just described the reason that story deals occur right there! One person saves up money to buy something for a person (who likes to write) that the person who likes to write would not normally buy, in return for a Pokemon the buyer wants! With the BC, you'd be cutting out the Story Deal writer, and the Stories section isn't very active as it has been already.

Last edited by Stinky; 01-26-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

No

That would completely defeat the point of stories and the park.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Kirethidae Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
With the BC, you'd be cutting out the Story Deal-er, and the Stories section isn't very active as it has been already.
Maybe that the Stories section hasn't been very active shows that people don't like that method too much any longer?

Story deals usually rely on buying a Mart 'Mon and then TMing it up accordingly in exchange for a 'Mon that can only be obtained by Story or some other means.
The problem with that is, if you can write a story for a rarer Pokémon, you can most likely get a cheapy Mart 'Mon pretty easily.

From how I see it, people are tired of spending their time writing a story and only getting something from the Mart in return; something that they could have gotten themselves far quicker and easier.

With the Breeding Center, that annoyance will have gone. And owners of rarer 'Mon, owners that will have put alot of effort into obtaining that Pokémon, whether it be by money, story, battling prowess, whatever, will be payed great sums of money to breed their personal trophies.

This is a great way to reward those who put the effort into capturing harder-to-obtain Pokémon even more than just the Pokémon capture itself.