Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default We can haz Breeding Center?

Hmmm, I was thinking the other day, and I came up with an idea.

BREEDING CENTER!

So, lots of people have tried to come up with ways to get Pokemon other than trading, stories, the Mart, the Park, and special events. Maybe a person can’t write very well, so stories and RPing are really hard, if not impossible, for them to do. Maybe they don’t have the time to do those things. Other people might not have the money to buy Mon for trading in order to get good Pokemon. Or maybe they just don’t want anything from the Mart. Getting Mon from an event like and auction or lottery is based on having a lot of money and luck, and there’s a good chance you’ll get stuck with something you don’t like in the case of events.

That’s where the Breeding Center comes in.

It would work like this: Someone (lets call them Person A) wants a Pokemon. They find someone who has a female of the Mon they want, and asks them if they wouldn’t mind breeding her. If that person (Person B) says yes, Person A finds a male in the female’s Egg Group and asks them if they wouldn’t mind breeding him. If this person (Person C) says yes, Person B and C go to the Breeding Center and state that they’re leaving their Mon, and Person A would come in saying “I’m going to claim the baby”. Person A pays some money, a couple days pass, Person A comes to claim their new Mon and Persons B and C come to get their old ones back.

I’m thinking the rates for “baby” Mon could change depending on how rare that Pokemon is, or we could go based on how rare the mother is (since the baby will always be the lowest possible form of the mother). Or we could just have one flat rate for them all or split it into groups (say 10k for Mon that evolve once, 15k for Mon that evolve twice, and 20k for Mon that don’t evolve; rough figures, these can be changed).

Also, depending on if the two Pokemon are of the same species or not, the number of days needed to produce and hatch the egg would change. I’m thinking if the Mon are the same species it would be 5 days (3 to produce and egg and 2 for it to hatch) and if they aren’t the same species it’d take 7 days (4 days to produce and egg and 3 days for it to hatch). Owners of breeding Mon don’t have to pay, they just have to put their Mon in the Breeding Center.

Also, maybe as a bonus the baby can have ONE EM it can learn, if the father has it? I dunno, seems too generous to me, honestly.

Anyways, I figure this would be a neat way to get Mon, and it works for those who aren’t so good at writing or RPing. It gives a wider selection than the Mart. And it’s not like this is an easy way to get a Mon either. First, you need to find two people willing to throw their Mon in the Breeding Center for 5-7 days with no compensation (other than the feeling of helping people out), ESPECIALLY if someone wants to breed Mon like Absol and other hard-to-get things. Next, you have to pay out a relatively solid sum, and then you have to wait to get your Mon. And it’s not catering to a certain group, either. It’s very easy for me to sit down and write for a Demanding Pokemon, easier by far than to save the money and but it’s lower evolution. Does that mean Stories should be taken out because it’s “too easy” for me and others like me? And there are plenty of people who would rather write for their Mon than waste money buying them. Why not have it for people who would rather spend money than write?

Rules would be as follows:

1 Owners can only leave ONE Pokemon in the Breeding Center at a time
2 If a Pokemon in the Center is traded or used in battle, it is taken from the Center and everyone must start over
3 Trainers claiming baby Pokemon MUST pay for the Pokemon they’re claiming in that post (much like we do it with the Daycare Center; you subtract the money when you post instead of when you get your Mon back)
4 Genderless Pokemon can only be coupled with a Ditto
5 Ditto will become the opposite gender of any Pokemon it is paired with, so long as the other Pokemon has a gender
6 Breeding must be approved by a Center Approver before any days count (like trades and Mart purchases)
7 Legends CANNOT be bred, even if they have a gender
8 It is the responsibility of the Trainers to pick up their Pokemon after the number of specified days has passed; no one is obligated to remind them to get their Pokemon
9 The day the breeding is approved counts towards the number of days needed to produce and hatch an egg
10 Picking up baby Pokemon a few hours early is fine, but if people try to claim them six and seven hours early is when punishments will start getting handed out
11 Baby Pokemon may be born with ONE EM it can learn, if the father knows it (Trainer’s choice)
12 BOTH Owners MUST agree to the breeding by posting personally in the Breeding Center thread (just like with trades, things like chat logs will not be accepted)

All of these can be edited or removed, it’s just a rough set. Anyways, I have a feeling this will get shot down and flamed horribly, but here it is nonetheless. Love it, hate it, don’t care, whatever, just let me know what you think :P.

I have a feeling the biggest argument against this will be, "Oh we have enough ways to get Pokemon!" lol.

EDIT: About something I forgot to mention:

[09:50] ayotui14: the value of mons would go down
[09:50] ttar trainer: Not really, if the prices were set right
[09:51] ayotui14: can we breed 2 mons and keep the baby without paying?
[09:51] ttar trainer: Nope
[09:51] ttar trainer: I forgot to mention that lol
[09:51] ayotui14: damn
[09:51] ttar trainer: Someone HAS to be claiming the baby
[09:51] ttar trainer: Otherwise it would be too easy for people to get Mon without paying
[09:51] ttar trainer: And THAT would make their value go down
[09:51] ttar trainer: :P
[09:52] ayotui14: i know, but i want a baby rhyhorn cheap
[09:52] ttar trainer: XD

So yeah, that's where the One Pokemon per Trainer thing comes in. That would keep people from breeding popular Mon and giving them out left and right, which would indeed kill the value of those Mon.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-26-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: We can haz Breeding Center?

i like this idea its a neat way to get pokemon, plus its a good way for people that arent to good at writing stories, and not active enough to rp for a mon.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

[09:50] ttar trainer: It'll prolly be shot down like just about every other idea posed in the TC, but I still like it lol
[09:52] Starkipraggy: lol
[09:52] Starkipraggy: lemme see
[09:58] Starkipraggy: Breeding Center is kinda eh
[09:58] Starkipraggy: And I can shoot down your "people are unwilling to leave their mons in" thing.
[09:58] Starkipraggy: Some people aren't that active
[09:58] Starkipraggy: some like you and Ataro have a huge list of mons
[09:58] ttar trainer: That may be the case, but people leaving their Mon in don't get anything in return
[09:58] Starkipraggy: I mean, putting in Aero for a week wouldn't affect you much would it?
[09:59] ttar trainer: That depends
[09:59] ttar trainer: On what someone would want me to give up for 5 or 7 days
[09:59] ttar trainer: With the Daycare center you get EMs at least, so you're waiting for something
[09:59] ttar trainer: And there aren't many people like me and Ataro with huge numbers of Mon
[10:00] Starkipraggy: There *are* some mons that people just don't use in their stats.
[10:00] Starkipraggy: Like freaking Bastiodon in mine
[10:00] ttar trainer: Also, since we can only leave one Mon in at a time, we could only breed one Mon every 5 to 7 days. I wouldn't want to keep renting out my Mon to people over and over because I had people coming to me, since I have lots of Mon
[10:00] ttar trainer: lol
[10:00] Starkipraggy: I hardly touch anything except Scizor/Draggy/Jolteon/Vaporeon
[10:00] Starkipraggy: It's up to you who you want to help first anyway
[10:01] ttar trainer: Does that mean you'd be willing to give one of those up for X amount of days, not knowing if one might be helpful in a given battle?
[10:01] ttar trainer: My point about that thing is
[10:01] ttar trainer: I wouldn't want to keep sticking my useful Mon in the Center over and over
[10:01] ttar trainer: Because everyone was coming to me because I have lots of Mon
[10:01] ttar trainer: And
[10:01] Starkipraggy: What if it's just something exotic that you don't use?
[10:01] ttar trainer: I wouldn't even accept from people who are capable of writing/RPing/have the money to TM Mart Mon
[10:01] Starkipraggy: -cough Milotic cough-
[10:02] ttar trainer: Hell
[10:02] ttar trainer: We could make a rule
[10:02] ttar trainer: Wait one week after you get your Mon back before it can go into the Breeding Center again
[10:02] ttar trainer: Or make it a once-a-month thing, you can only drop you Mon off there once a month to breed
[10:02] Starkipraggy: Alternatively, anyone who uses the Breeding Center is banned from stories/RP for a year? :o
[10:03] Starkipraggy: And you must have less than 20 mons
[10:03] ttar trainer: Hmmmm, that might be a bit extreme. Maybe for 3 or 6 months after their last use?
[10:03] Starkipraggy: or something obscenely limiting
[10:03] Starkipraggy: lol
[10:03] ttar trainer: lol
[10:03] ttar trainer: You mean Owners must have less, right?
[10:03] ttar trainer: It makes sense to limit who can drop off Pokemon
[10:03] ttar trainer: It would prevent people like me and Ataro from helping spam the URPG with things like Miltank and Rhyperior XD
[10:04] Starkipraggy: I was more thinking of who can collect the mon
[10:04] Starkipraggy: lol
[10:04] ttar trainer: Ah
[10:04] Starkipraggy: At least beginners can get in the game quickly
[10:04] ttar trainer: True, as long as we don't make the prices TOO extreme
[10:04] ttar trainer: That's the main point to this whole thing
[10:05] ttar trainer: Helping out people who need it the most, not for people like me and Ataro to run around getting MOAR Pokemon lol
[10:05] ttar trainer: I think I'll post this in the thread if you don't mind
[10:05] ttar trainer: 8D
[10:05] Starkipraggy: gogogo
[10:05] ttar trainer: Whewt ^^

See, I'm open to ideas and changes and stuff lol.

And that's the point, Ayo ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

I quite like this idea. It seems like a much fairier alternative to Breeding than what people have suggested in the past. However, the main problem I see with this would be activity; would someone really be able to find two people with specific Pokemon who would want to deposit their Pokemon for up to seven days with no personal gain out of it? I think something such as a small reward for the trainers who deposit the Pokemon wouldn't be a bad idea. Nothing huge, so people won't take advantage of it - maybe, like, 1-5k or that amount worth a TM at the Mart? :x
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

[10:04] ttar trainer: Starki and I are kicking around ideas
[10:05] ayotui14: k, maybe if you allow people to take out the baby if they both mons for a cheaper price
[10:07] ayotui14: cause it does cost to put 2 mons in the breeding center 5 days,
[10:07] ayotui14: not enough to get it for free, but atleast enough to get a little discount
[10:08] ttar trainer: Hmmm
[10:10] ayotui14: i know it could be taken advantage off, but there could be an only fully evolved mons rule so that people dont just keep 2 mons there for breeding
[10:10] ttar trainer: Well, I posted again in the thread. We might enforce a "Owners can only drop off one Mon per month" rule or something similar
[10:11] ttar trainer: This would greatly reduce the number of Mon coming into the URPG
[10:11] ttar trainer: Especially considering Mon are the lowest form of the mother
[10:11] ayotui14: yeah
[10:12] ayotui14: but, do you mean like only one mon per user, or one trip per mon
[10:13] ttar trainer: One Mon per Owner per month
[10:13] ttar trainer: So if I drop off Jolteon in February, I couldn't drop off another Mon to breed until March
[10:14] ayotui14: k
[10:15] ttar trainer: Also, the number of Mon coming in would be restricted thanks to the fact that only females produce eggs and that the baby is always the lowest evo of the mom. Most people select Male as the gender for their Mon; this will give people reason to start having Females lol
[10:15] ttar trainer: Yay, more stuff to post in the thread, if you don't mind XD
[10:15] ayotui14: i feel stupid now for not having any female mons
[10:16] ayotui14: but males can still breed with ditto rigth?
[10:16] ttar trainer: Yes
[10:16] ttar trainer: But there are only like, what, 3 or 4 Ditto in the URPG?
[10:16] ttar trainer: lol
[10:16] ayotui14: bluejello has one
[10:16] ttar trainer: I think a few others have one
[10:17] ayotui14: and im gonna be borrowing alot
[10:17] ttar trainer: But there aren't nearly enough to break the URPG with lots of things like Aero and Perior
[10:17] ttar trainer: Especially if we enforce a One Mon per Owner per Month rule
[10:17] ayotui14: perior is pretty common though
[10:17] ttar trainer: It's not how common the Mon is, it's how useful and how much it's used that counts

More stuff I'm clearing up and explaining ^^.

Also, Splish, if we do make a One Mon per Owner per Month rule, then I guess we could give Owners a small bit of compensation, since they could only do it once a month anyways. I was thinking maybe 1k, but we could make it like, 2k or something.

Also, people would only need to leave their Mon in for seven days if the two Mon weren't the same species. If they're the same species it'd only take 5 days. So like if I put my Jolteon in and someone else put their Jolteon in, we'd all wait 5 days. If I put my Jolteon in and someone put a Lucario in, then we'd all have to wait 7 days.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

TT, you know it'd be better if you summarize the logs. :x Too many words.

Anyway, no. This will allow "rare" Pokemon to get distributed. And there are a lot of means to get Pokemon now. We have stories, auctions, underground, park, tournaments, etc. I think this will also discourage people from putting in effort in getting w/e Pokemon they want.

Based on what you said, people might not have much luck, time and they don't know how to write stories. Then, they are actually not putting any much effort. I believe this was suggested before too, but I can't be bothered to look for the thread. :/

Last edited by Ataro; 01-26-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Wouldn't this be essentially expanding the area in the Pokemart where you buy Pokemon, but in a different thread? You may as well add every possible Pokemon to the stock in the Pokemart and call it a day.

I vote no.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

The concept is nice, but as they have said already, rare Pokemon will be distributed, and that would be the only point in this thing. You won't see a person going in for, let's say, a poliwag or a starly- you'll only see there big shots.

Though, if it were me, I'd approve this only so I could get someone to mate their Wailord to a Skitty.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
The concept is nice, but as they have said already, rare Pokemon will be distributed, and that would be the only point in this thing. You won't see a person going in for, let's say, a poliwag or a starly- you'll only see there big shots.

Though, if it were me, I'd approve this only so I could get someone to mate their Wailord to a Skitty.
The temptation was too great.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:15 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

IF you're gonna do this, you should pay Trainer B and C, cause they don't get anything. Rather compensate them for their time, in an increasing fashion.

Basically, you want in a Pidgeot egg, you pay 10k to the Breeding Center, and 5k each to both original trainers. However, if you want a Feebas hatching out of that egg of yours, it's 10k for the Center, but more like 30k for the Milotic trainer and 5k for the other trainer. Cause unless you want a new way to get BMs and such, everyone's gonna put in a male nobody.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
QIC Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to QIC

I like the idea but... I may have missed this if you said anything about it wouldn't it be better if the people who're putting their mons in, that aren't getting a mon, get some money because then it would kinda feel like a waste of time for them wouldn't it?

EDIT What Dark Umbreon said

98% of teens drink or smoke before they're 18, put this in your signature if you like bagels
Old 01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkUmBrEoN View Post
IF you're gonna do this, you should pay Trainer B and C, cause they don't get anything. Rather compensate them for their time, in an increasing fashion.

Basically, you want in a Pidgeot egg, you pay 10k to the Breeding Center, and 5k each to both original trainers. However, if you want a Feebas hatching out of that egg of yours, it's 10k for the Center, but more like 30k for the Milotic trainer and 5k for the other trainer. Cause unless you want a new way to get BMs and such, everyone's gonna put in a male nobody.
i like the idea, but the prices are gonna have to be tweaked a bit.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 01-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Well, maybe we could have this as payment.

I think:

5k payed to the Daycare
The value (determined by the minimum/maximum [whatever you gaiz prefer] of the number of characters needed to write for in a story. i.e, Magikarp would = 3/5k) of Pokemon A's lowest form would be payed to person A.
B = Same as A.

k, person 1 wants a Magikarp/Goldeen. Person A has a Magikarp, whereas B has a, say, a Goldeen (no idea if they breed or not.)

Magikarp = Simple = 3/5k (We could possibly have it slap bang in the middle, so in this case it could be 4k)
Goldeen = Easy (I think, but this still works in this case) = 5/10k (being 7.5k should we go in the middle.

So, these are the earnings:

Daycare obtains: 5k
Magikarp owner: 3/5k
Goldeen owner: 5/10k

And the Pokemon wanting an egg would have to pay 13/20k by my calculations.

This seems a little high for a simple or middle mon though. Maybe divide by two once we get to the number? This would mean slashing earnings in half, though. So, if that were to happen:

Daycare obtains: 2.5k
Magikarp owner: 1.5/2.5k
Goldeen owner: 2.5/5k

And the Pokemon wanting an egg would have to pay 6.5/10k by my calculations.

Just throwing this out there.

Last edited by Etymology; 01-26-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Well, maybe we could have this as payment.

I think:

5k payed to the Daycare
The value (determined by the minimum/maximum [whatever you gaiz prefer] of the number of characters needed to write for in a story. i.e, Magikarp would = 3/5k) of Pokemon A's lowest form would be payed to person A.
B = Same as A.

k, person 1 wants a Magikarp/Goldeen. Person A has a Magikarp, whereas B has a, say, a Goldeen (no idea if they breed or not.)

Magikarp = Simple = 3/5k (We could possibly have it slap bang in the middle, so in this case it could be 4k)
Goldeen = Easy (I think, but this still works in this case) = 5/10k (being 7.5k should we go in the middle.

So, these are the earnings:

Daycare obtains: 5k
Magikarp owner: 3/5k
Goldeen owner: 5/10k

And the Pokemon wanting an egg would have to pay 13/20k by my calculations.

This seems a little high for a simple or middle mon though. Maybe divide by two once we get to the number? This would mean slashing earnings in half, though. So, if that were to happen:

Daycare obtains: 2.5k
Magikarp owner: 1.5/2.5k
Goldeen owner: 2.5/5k

And the Pokemon wanting an egg would have to pay 6.5/10k by my calculations.

Just throwing this out there.
or maybe don't pay anything to the daycare, and full price for the mons. Half of what the trianer pays goes to the daycare, the other half divided between the parents.

I'm still agfaisnt the idea, but just throwing in a suggestion in case it gets implemented.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

And as for rare Pokemon becoming common, no more than one visit to the Breeding Center per Pokemon per month?