Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default The Vampire Diaries (mainly 17+)

(This is NOT a Twilight story.)

Chapter One

Dear Diary,
Something awful is going to happen today.
I don't know why I wrote that. It's crazy. There's no reason for me to be upset and every reason for me to be happy but...
But here I am at 6:30 in the morning, awake and scared. I keep telling myself it's just that I'm all messed up from the lack of sleep I've been getting lately. But that doesn't explain why I feel so scared. So lost.

The day before yesterday, while my aunt Jenna, my little sister Margaret, my brother Jeremy and I were driving back from the food store, I had such a strange feeling. When we turned onto our street I suddenly thought, "Mom and Dad are waiting for us at home. I bet they'll be on the front porch or in the living room looking out the window."
I know. That's totally crazy.

But even when I saw the house and the empty front porch I still feel that way. I ran up the steps and tried to call for them, but nothing. I would let out a sigh and rush to my room. Jenna put down the food bags on the floor and said, "We're home." And Margaret laughed. And then the most horrible feeling I've ever felt in my life came over me. I've never felt so utterly and completely lost.

Home. I'm home. Why does that sound like a lie?
I was born here in Fell's Church. I've always lived in this same house since I was little, always. This is my same old bedroom, with the scorch marks on the floorboards where Meredith and I tried to sneak cigarettes in 5th grade and nearly choked ourselves. I'm never trying those ever again. I can look out the window and see the big quince tree Matt and the guys climbed up to try and crash my birthday slumber party two years ago. This is my bed, my chair, my dresser.
But right now everything looks strange to me, as if I don't belong here. It's me that's out of place. And the worst thing is that I feel there's somewhere I do belong, but I just can't find it.

I was too tired yesterday to go to Orientation. Meredith picked up my schedule for me, but I didn't feel like talking to her on the phone. Aunt Jenna told everyone who called that I had jet lag and was sleeping, but she watched me at dinner with a funny look on her face.

I got to see the crowd yesterday, though. We're suppose to meet in the parking lot before school starts today. Is that why I'm so scared? Am I frightened of them? No, they're my best friends who I grew up with and love. When they and anyone else come up to me, I will fake a smile and it will be believable. I will say, 'Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking.', and walk away. I won't be the sad little girl who lost her parents in a tragic car accident four months ago. I just have to get through today and see what kind of struggles face me tomorrow and the next.

Ashley Gilbert stopped writing and stood to her feet. She knew that Bonnie would be at her house in a few minutes to pick her up for the first day of school. Ashley placed her brown leather diary on the top shelf of her closet and put on her black converse shoes. Ashley had long light brown straight hair that went halfway down her back, dark brown eyes and perfect straight white teeth. Her skin wasn't tan, but it wasn't pale white either. It was pretty much in between the two.

"Ashley! Where are you? Bonnie is going to be here soon!" The voice drifted faintly down from below. Ashley grabbed her purple bag, which she used to carry her school books, and walked downstairs into the kitchen. Aunt Jenna was making scrambled eggs and bacon for everyone.

"Ashley, do you want a quick breakfast?"

"Nah aunt Jenna I'm good, I'll just get something at school and have a quick cup of coffee right now." Ashley poured herself some coffee and was about to drink it, until Jeremy came up to her and grabbed it out of her hand and drank it himself. Ashley rolled her eyes and grabbed herself another mug.

"Jeremy, do you want to ride with me and Bonnie?"

"No thanks, I'm sixteen and can get there myself." Jeremy finished up the coffee and grabbed his bag. He walked out the front door, not even saying bye or anything. Ashley nodded her head back and forth and saw Bonnie pull up to the front of the house, honking her horn.

"Cya Jenna, bye Margaret." Ashley walked out of her house and made her way to Bonnie's car. Bonnie had very dark curly hair that went a little bit passed her shoulders, dark brown eyes and very tan skin. The two of them hugged and they were off to the first day of school.

A crow crashed through the top of an massive oak tree, causing Stefan to jerk his head up reflexively. When he saw it was only a crow, he relaxed. In his hand laid a white rabbit, it's fur soaked with it's own blood. He hadn't meant to kill it. He would of hunted something larger then just a rabbit. Stefan sighed and drank the blood until the small animal was all dried up. When he was finished, he placed the rabbit on the ground and walked out of the woods. He stood in the street, sunlight filtering down onto his brown curly hair. In blue jeans and a T-shirt, Stefan Salvatore looked exactly like a normal high school student, but he wasn't.

"I shouldn't of returned to Fell's church, but I have to know her..." Stefan walked back to the boardinghouse and got into his car. He looked down at his ring, then started the car and drove to Robert E. Lee High School, where he would soon meet her.

Stefan reached the high school and stepped out of his car with his black leather jacket on over his T-shirt and had on black sun glasses. As he walked into the building, people were staring at him. He could feel eyes on him as he walked every step, but it was easy for him to ignore. He stepped inside and made his way to the front office. The woman at the front counter looked like she was in her late thirties. She smiled at Stefan and picked up her pen.

"Hello, can I help you?"

"Yes, my name is Stefan Salvatore. I'm a new transfer student."

"Do you have your papers with you?" Stefan nodded his head and pulled out some papers from his bag. He handed them to her and waited. The woman looked over all of them and shook her head a few times.

"I'm terribly sorry, but you don't have all the papers required. You don't even have a transcript either." Stefan looked down and sighed. With a movement of his hand, he took off his sunglasses and looked at her directly in the eyes.

"Could you please look again? I assure you that everything needed is there." The woman stared into Stefan's eyes for a few moments, as if she was in some sort of trance. She looked down at the papers again and smiled.

"Why yes, everything is here. I guess I need to get glasses soon. Well anyways, welcome to Robert E. Lee High School."

Ashley and Bonnie arrived at school safely, seeing Meredith and Matt waiting for them in the parking lot. When Ashley stepped out of the car, she was merely knocked over by Meredith's hug. Meredith was a very tall girl with blond hair that barely touches her shoulders, light blue eyes and olive-toned skin. Matt had the All-American teenage boy look. He had short blond hair, crystal blue eyes, a little bit of tan skin and was the quarterback on the football team. Matt looked over at Ashley and smiled.

"Hey Ash.

"Hey Matt. How have you been?"

"Ehh, same old same old." Ashley looked down, then back up at Bonnie and Meredith. All four of them walked into the school together and walked to Ashley's locker. Matt looked at the three girls and put his hand into his pockets.

"I'm gonna start heading to class. I'll catch up with you guys later." Matt turned around and walked away. Ashley watched Matt walk away and looked at Bonnie and Meredith.

"He hates me..."

"He doesn't hate you Ashley. He's just upset because of yours and his breakup. He'll come around, don't worry." Bonnie put her hand on Ashley's shoulder and smiled. Ashley smiled back and all three of them started to walk pass the front office. Without warning, Meredith stopped walking, causing Ashley and Bonnie to slam into her.

"Meredith!"

"Guys, look." All three of them looked into the office, seeing a boy standing by the front counter. Ashley rolled her eyes as Bonnie and Meredith basically drooled at the sight of the boy, only seeing his back.

"That guy is super hot."

"Guys, it's just a back."

"A hot back." Ashley smiled and rolled her eyes again. She looked over to her right side, seeing Jeremy walking into the boy's bathroom. Ashley looked over at her two friends and sighed.

"I'll see you guys in class." Ashley walked away and made her way to the boy's bathroom. There, she saw Jeremy putting eye drops into his eyes. She walked over to him and turned him around to look at her.

"Really Jeremy? The first day of school and your already stoned?"

"You need to chill yourself."

"Chill myself? What is that, stoner talk? Well where is it? Is in on you?" Ashley dug her hands into Jeremy's pockets to try and find any drugs. Jeremy stepped back with a pissed off look on his face.

"You know Jeremy, I gave you a free ticket over the summer but enough is enough. I know why you do this, and it's killing you. Mom and Dad are gone Jeremy and these drugs aren't going to bring them back. You need to let them go Jeremy."

"Oh yes I forgot, we're the kind of people who just let people go." Jeremy shoved passed Ashley and walked out of the bathroom. Ashley stood there for a few seconds, then turned around and walked out of the bathroom.

Stefan grabbed his class schedule and walked out of the office. He saw Bonnie and Meredith looking at him, and then turned away from him and started to walk down the hallway. Stefan nodded his head and smiled as he went the other way. He walked up to the boy's bathroom and was about to push the door open until a girl came out of there and bumped into him. He looked down at her and smiled.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

"Uh no, you didn't. I was just heading to class..."

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why were you in the boy's bathroom?"

"I uh...well you see...it's a long story." They looked at each other for a few moments, but it seemed like forever. Stefan smiled and looked down at his watch, reading 7:05am.

"I better start going, class is going to start in a few minutes. I'll see you around though." Ashley said with a smile as she walked passed Stefan. Stefan watched Ashley walk down the hallway until she turned down another hallway and was out of sight. He looked back towards the bathroom and walked in.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 06-12-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Default Re: The Vampire Diaries [Chapter Two]

Chapter Two

The first three periods of the day went by fast for Ashley, since it was the first day of school. Each class wouldn't have work for a few days, due to going over class rules and such. When her third period class was over, which was Science, she met up with Bonnie, Meredith and Matt and walked to History class together, which was taught by Mr. Tanner. When the three of them got to the History classroom, Ashley stopped at the doorway and smiled. In the third row and fourth seat back, Stefan was sitting there. He looked at her and smiled as well. Almost all the seats in the classroom were taken, so she sat in the second row and in the second seat. Meredith took the seat right in front of Ashley, Matt went to the last row and to the last seat, and Bonnie went to the fourth row and the fifth seat. The bell rang and class began.

Mr. Tanner handed out a few papers, basically class rules and papers for parents to sign. The class was about twenty minutes in, which felt like forever. Ashley didn't like Mr. Tanner that much. He was the football coach and can be way over his head at times. Ashley rested her head on her left arm and turned her head towards the window. Her eyes traveled over to Stefan and saw that he was staring at her with a smile on his face. She looked down and turned her head back towards the front. Bonnie looked over at Stefan and pulled out her cellphone. About a minute later Ashley felt her phone lightly vibrate in her jean pocket. She looked up to see where Mr. Tanner was, seeing him sitting at his desk and focused on other papers. Ashley grabbed her phone and quickly looked at it, seeing a text message from Bonnie and opened it.

Hottie staring @ u :) Ashley smiled and put her phone back into her pocket. After when the class was over the rest of the day just flew by. Bonnie told Ashley that she would give her a ride home, plus Bonnie needed to talk to Ashley about something. The two girls got into the car and left. Bonnie looked at Ashley and smiled.

"Okay, so my grandmother told me that I'm a Witch."

"Really Bonnie? A Witch?" Ashley said as she laughed, making Bonnie laugh as well.

"Ha yeah. And I think she's right. I mean, I've been predicting a lot of stuff lately. Like last night, I'm sitting in my room watching TV and was like 'I bet that show Life Unexpected commercial is going to come on next' then it came on."

"That commercial is always on silly."

"Okay well I did predict a lot of other stuff and you know that. And I still think that Florida is going to break off and become it's own little resort island."

"Alright then, what do you see in my future?"

"Hmm, I see..." Bonnie stopped talking when a crow flew in front of her car and smacked the end of the wind shield. She swerved to the right and stopped the car, looking at Ashley.

"I'm so sorry Ashley. That bird just came out of nowhere."

"No, it's okay. I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life..." Ashley said as she looked down. Bonnie smiled and looked at Ashley.

"I see that your going to have a kick a** year. All the happiness in the world is going to find you this year." They both smiled and drove away, heading back to Ashley's house. When they drove away, the crow landed on a stop sign and watched the car drive away.

Stefan was in his room at the Salvatore boardinghouse, looking at a few books that he has had for a couple of centuries. With a knock, his nephew Zac, who was thirty-three, walked into Stefan's room and threw the news paper on Stefan's lap.

"What's wrong Zac?"

"You tell me uncle Stefan. You promised that you weren't going to hurt anyone." Stefan picked up the paper and looked at it.

Two people killed in Fell's Church by an animal attack.

Stefan looked at Zac with a confused look on his face.

"This was just an animal attack Zac."

"Don't lie to me uncle Stefan. I know how vampires do things. They kill their prey and then rip them up a little to make it look like an animal attack. These people were killed two nights ago, the same night you arrived here."

"I'm telling you the truth Zac, I didn't do it."

"Why have you returned to this town Stefan? What's here for you?'

"Because it's my home, Zac."

"Honestly Stefan, you don't belong here anymore." Zac walked out of Stefan's room and shut the door. Stefan sighed and looked back down at the paper. It didn't make any sense to him. He grabbed his leather jacket and left the house.

When Ashley got home, she said her goodbyes to Bonnie and went inside. She saw Jenna in the living room and heard Margaret playing in her room upstairs. Ashley's stomach started to growl so she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bright red apple. When she walked back into the living room, Jenna got up and walked towards her.

"Hey, how was the first day of school?"

"Eh same old same old. I caught Jeremy putting in eye drops this morning at school."

"What are we going to do with him?"

"Don't worry, he'll come around. Is it okay if I go to the Mystic Grill tonight? I'm meeting Bonnie, Matt and Meredith."

"Yeah sure. Your seventeen and I trust you. But your brother on the other hand..."

"I know. I'm gonna go give mom and dad a visit."

"Okay." Ashley walked up to her room and grabbed a black purse that was big enough to put her diary in and a few other things. She walked down to the front door and left. It didn't take her long to reach the graveyard, since it was only a few blocks away. Ashley entered the graveyard and walked all the way to the back of it where her parents were. She sat down on their grave and leaned against the grave stone. With a sigh, she took out her diary and opened up to the next blank page.

Dear Diary,

I made it through the day. I must of said 'I'm fine' 37 times, and didn't mean it once. Everyone thinks I'm okay, but really I'm not. I just hope everything falls back into place and becomes normal again...

Ashley stopped writing and looked at the last line she wrote. Nothing was going to return back to normal for her. There's always going to be a piece of her that's missing and there's nothing she can do about it. She was about to continue to write until a black crow landed on a grave stone a few feet in front of her. The crow looked at her directly in her eyes.

"Hi bird. Well that's not creepy or anything..." Ashley shook her head and looked down at her diary. A few seconds later she heard the crow croak right next to her. Ashley jumped up to her feet and looked at the crow. She knelt down and picked up a few rocks.

"Get away. Get out of here." Ashley threw the rocks at the crow and watched it fly away.

"That's what I thought." She turned around, only to see the crow on her parent's grave stone. Her heart pounded fast as she backed away and tripped over her own feet. Out of nowhere, thick white fog started to roll over the entire graveyard, making it almost impossible to see. She quickly grabbed her bag and started to run out of the graveyard, unaware that she left her diary behind. Ashley stopped running for a minute and looked back at her parent's grave, seeing an image of a man wearing black, staring at her. It was hard to make out who it was, due to all the fog. She couldn't even see his face at all. She ran out of the graveyard, but tripped on a huge rock. Ashley quickly got up and was about to run again until she saw Stefan standing right in front of her.

"Are you okay? I saw you fall." Stefan said as he wiped off some dirt from Ashley's arm. He saw that Ashley was out of breath as well.

"Yeah. It's just this fog came out of nowhere and this bird was acting strange. Everything just made me scared and I started to panic, and then I thought I saw this man in the fog and..." Ashley said everything very fast. She took a deep breath and relaxed.

"I'm Ashley."

"Stefan."

"Wait, how did you know I was here?"

"I was just passing through."

"In a graveyard?"

"Yes, I have family here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot."

"Ha no your not." They looked at each other and smiled. A few seconds later, Stefan's smile disappeared from his face and he looked down at her leg.

"Hey did you hurt yourself?"

"What?"

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"Oh, I don't know." Ashley walked over to the rock where she fell and rolled up her right pant leg. Stefan's eyes only focused on her leg. When Ashley rolled up her jeans, it revealed a giant cut with blood rolling down her leg.

"Oh man, won't you look at that. Man that isn't pretty..." Ashley said as she looked at it. Stefan saw the blood and quickly turned around. His eyes were as black as the night, black veins appeared underneath his eyes and two sharp canine fangs grew on the top of his mouth.

"You uh, should really get that fixed up Ashley."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Ashley looked up at Stefan, but he was gone. She looked around, but he was out of sight.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 06-10-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Sonji Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: The Vampire Diaries [Chapter Two]

I really like how this is coming out so far. I can't wait to read more!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Default Re: The Vampire Diaries

Chapter Three

Night fell over the small town of Fell's Church, bringing more death into the night. Stefan walked into the graveyard and made his way to the very end. As he walked, he tried to sense if there were any other vampires, but came up with nothing. Stefan stopped walking and his attention went to the little brown leather book that was laying on the cold dirt. He picked it up and opened it to the first page, seeing that it said 'Ashley Gilbert' on the front cover.

"Ashley..." He put the tiny book into his jacket's inside pocket and walked out of the graveyard. He stood still and concentrated until he was able to find Ashley's house. With a smile, he walked through the streets until he reached her house.

Ashley was sitting in her room and was reading a book. She looked up at her alarm clock and saw that it was 5:30pm. It was almost time for her to leave and meet her friends at the Mystic Grill, then after that go to a party. She slipped on her black converse and grabbed a pink sweatshirt. Ashley looked at herself in the mirror to make sure she looked nice.

"What time are you leaving Ashley?" Jenna asked from the bottom of the stairs.
"Right now actually." Ashley grabbed her red and black plaid purse and walked downstairs. She waved goodbye to Jenna and opened the door. To Ashley's surprise, she saw Stefan standing at the doorway.

"Oh, hi Stefan."
"Hi, I'm here to return something to you. I thought you might want it back." Stefan reached into his pocket and pulled out Ashley's diary. Ashley just looked at it for a few seconds, then slowly grabbed it.

"My diary, I must of dropped it at the graveyard today..."
"Oh don't worry, I didn't read it."
"Really? Most people would of."
"Well, I wouldn't want anyone reading mine."
"You keep a journal?"
"Yeah, memories are too important to lose. I jot them down when I have free time, which is actually pretty much every night." He smiled at Ashley, which made her smile as well.
"Oh, I'm sorry that I disappeared from the graveyard before. Blood, well..."
"It's okay, I get it. Blood makes you sick and uneasy."
"Haha yeah, something like that."
"I was actually on my way out. Do you want to come with me?"
"I would love to."
"Okay, let me just put my diary in my room. You don't have to stand out there." Ashley said as she walked up to her room and left the front door open. Stefan looked up at the frame of the door, unable to come in.

I can't come in until she actually invites me in. But maybe this is a good thing for her own protection... Stefan relaxed and put his hands into his pockets, just standing at the doorway.

"I'm fine out here." Stefan said loud enough for Ashley to hear. A few moments later Ashley came back to the door and walked outside, closing the door behind her. They walked together until they reached the Mystic Grill, which was a bar as well.

Bonnie, Meredith and Matt were sitting at a table together, waiting for Ashley. All three of them had a large Sprite and were sharing a basket of mozzarella sticks, spicy chicken wings, nachos and celery sticks with ranch dressing. Matt looked over at Bonnie and sighed.

"So what's up with Ashley?"
"Oh no, I'm not getting in the middle of all of this. You need to talk to her yourself."
"I don't know what to say though. Please just talk to her for me."
"Matt, she'll come around. When she's ready, she'll come to you." Bonnie said as she took a sip of her soda. Matt heard the front door open and looked over, as did Bonnie and Meredith. They saw Ashley walking in and walk towards them, but she wasn't alone. They saw Ashley and Stefan walking together. Matt looked down, then over at Bonnie.

"She'll come around? Really?" Matt said as he sighed. Ashley and Stefan made their way over to Ashley's friends and sat down.
"Hey guys, this is Stefan. Stefan, meet Bonnie, Matt and Meredith. We've been all best friends since we could walk." Ashley leaned back into her chair and grabbed a celery stick. Stefan smiled and looked at everyone. Bonnie looked over at Stefan as she took another sip of soda.

"Would you like something to eat Stefan?"
"I'll take one of these." Stefan grabbed a mozzarella stick and began to eat it. He had to act as normal as possible. Matt got up and looked at everyone.
"I'm gonna start going. I'll see you guys at the party." Matt walked out without saying another word. Ashley watched him leave, then looked at Bonnie and Meredith with a frown on her face.

"Is he okay?"
"Yeah, he'll be fine." Ashley looked down at the table and let out a sigh. She pushed all the sadness away and looked up at everyone and smiled. Bonnie looked up at Stefan and began to start a conversation with him.

"So Stefan, why did you move to Fell's Church?"
"I live with my uncle. My parents died a few years ago." Stefan looked up at Ashley and saw she had a troubled look on her face.

"I-I'm sorry. Was that who you were going to visit in the graveyard today?" Stefan nodded his head at Ashley's question, but then smiled. About an hour had passed of just talking and getting to know Stefan a little bit more. Stefan looked at his phone, then looked at everyone, but mainly to Ashley.

"I have to go home for a little while. I'll meet you guys at the party though." Stefan said as he put on his jacket.
"Alright. We'll see you soon." Ashley said. She watched Stefan leave, then looked over at Bonnie and Meredith. They all got up and walked out of the bar and headed over to the party that was in the woods.

Stefan made his way back to the boardinghouse and walked through the front door, closing it behind him. On the couch sat his nephew Zac with the newspaper in his hands. Since Zac is only a human he is twenty six years old. He looked up at Stefan and stood to his feet with the paper still in his hands.

"You promised uncle Stefan." Zac said as he threw the paper down on the glass table. Stefan picked it up and read through the front page, confused on what Zac was accusing him for.

"Zac, this was an animal attack."
"Don't lie to me Stefan. I know all the tricks that Vampires do. You guys rip the the bodies into shreds and making it look like it was just an animal attack."
"Look, I didn't do this."
"Then why are you here? After all this time, why have you returned here?"
"I don't have to explain myself." Stefan said as he started to walk up the steps to his room.

"Is she worth it uncle Stefan? This girl?" Stefan stopped and looked at him, but didn't say a word. "Look Stefan, you don't belong here anymore. This town has been quiet for a very long time until now."
"Then where do I belong?"
"I don't know, but not here, not now." Zac said as he left the room. Stefan stared out into space for a few moments, then turned around and walked into his room. He made his way over to the bookshelf which held a huge collection of books and pulled out his journal, opening up to the first page. Inside was a photo taken back in 1864 and the name 'Katherine' next to it. In the picture was a very beautiful girl whose hair was in thick long dark curls. The picture cut off right above her chest but you could see that she was wearing an old fashioned dress and a old necklace that had an amber stone and an iron setting. This girl Katherine looked one hundred percent just like Ashley, but Stefan knew that they weren't the same person. He looked down at the picture for a minute or two, then placed back everything where it should be and walked downstairs, heading to the party.

Meredith saw Matt standing by a tree with a plastic cup of beer in his hands, all by himself looking out into the woods.

"I'm gonna go talk to Matt. I'll see you guys later." Meredith said as she walked over to Matt. Ashley smiled and walked over to where there was a bonfire, with Bonnie following her. The two girls drank a few beers and just started talking.

"So, has your grandmother said anything to you about the witches?"
"She said something about telling the future or something, haha."
"Well then you need a crystal ball." Ashley said as she looked on the ground and saw an empty glass beer bottle next to them. Ashley picked it up and held it in front of Bonnie. Bonnie smirked and touched the bottle, her finger brushing over Ashley's hand. Suddenly Bonnie's eyes snapped shut and her smile turned into a frown, taking in a quick breath of air. A few seconds later, she opened her eyes and looked at Ashley.

"That was really weird Ashley."
"What happened?"
"When I touched your hand I saw something..."
"What? What are you talkin-"
"I saw a crow, and fog."
"What? Are you serious?"

"I uhh, I must be getting drunk or something. I'm going to go get a refill..." Bonnie said as she walked away before Ashley could say anything else. She just stood there, unable to move. Confusion and fear started to travel through her head. She didn't tell anyone about the crow or the fog, so how did Bonnie know that? Ashley just turned around slowly and was about to walk away until she saw Stefan standing right behind her. She quickly stopped and sucked in some air by being taken by surprise.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Are umm...you're upset about something..."
"Uhh no no, it's just Bonnie she's just... You know what, never mind, you're here now."
"Yeah, I'm here." Stefan said as they smiled at each other. The two of them separated themselves from the party and took a walk to the old bridge that was on top of a hill. If you looked down a little bit you could see the whole party. Ashley looked up at Stefan and smiled.

"You know you're kinda the talk of the town."
"Am I?"
"Mhmm. The mysterious new guy."
"Well you have the mysterious thing going too, quenched in sadness."
"What makes you think that I'm sad?"
"Well...we did meet in a graveyard."
"Right. Well no, technically we met in the men's room." Ashley said. They smiled and kept on walking slowly on the bridge next to each other side by side.
"Well anyways, you don't want to know. It's not exactly party chit chat."
"Well I haven't been very good at chit chat." Stefan said. Ashley just looked down, then up at Stefan.

"Last spring, my parent's car drove off a bridge into the lake. And, I was in the back seat and I survived, but they didn't. So that's my story..." Ashley said. Stefan stopped walking, but Ashley kept on walking slowly. When she noticed that Stefan wasn't by her side she stopped and turned around to look at him. His face had a hint of sadness as he looked down, then back up at Ashley.

"You won't be sad forever, Ashley." Stefan said in a soft voice. Ashley took a deep breath and nodded at him, trying to put a real smile back on her face. They both turned their bodies and looked out at the party.

"I like Bonnie. She seems like a very good friend."
"Haha yeah, the best friend in the world."
"And Matt he uhh, can't seem to take his eyes off of us." Stefan said as they both looked over at Matt who was staring.

"Matt's that friends since childhood that you start dating, because you owe it to yourselves to see if you could be more." Ashley said. Stefan smiled and listened to what Ashley had to say.
"And?"
"And then my parent's died, and everything changed. Anyway Matt and I together we just...I don't know it just wasn't..." Ashley trailed off, trying to find the right word to say.
"Passionate?" Stefan softly asked. Ashley looked at him for a few seconds, then spoke in a soft voice.
"No, it wasn't passionate." The two of them looked deeply into each other's eyes, speechless of words. All of a sudden Stefan's eyes started to change slowly. Veins from underneath his skin began to reach the surface and his dark brown eyes slowly began to change into a shade of black.

"Hey umm, are you okay? Your eyes, it's just..." Ashley said as she looked closer at them.
"Ohh umm..." Stefan covered up his eyes with his hands and began to rub them. "Yeah no, it's nothing umm...are you thirsty? I'm going to get us a drink." Stefan said without looking at Ashley. He walked off the bridge and was out of sight. Ashley looked in the direction where Stefan had taken off, wondering if he was okay. About ten minutes had passed while Ashley waited up by the bridge, but Stefan didn't return. Ashley sighed and walked off the bridge by herself and headed back to the party. She looked around for Stefan but couldn't find him anywhere. Matt walked up to Ashley with his hands in his pockets, seeing she was looking for someone.

"Looking for someone?"
"Hey.." Ashley said. Stefan walked out of the woods and started to head back to the party. He saw Ashley and Matt talking to each other, so he stopped walking and looked at the two of them, listening to what they were saying.

"When you broke up with me you said it was because you needed some time alone. You don't look so alone to me.."
"Matt, you don't understand. It's just that.."
"It's okay Ashley. You do what you have to do, I just want you to know that I still believe in us. And I'm not giving up on that." Matt said. He looked at her and then walked away.

"Matt.." Ashley said as she took a step forward, but Matt kept on walking. Stefan saw everything and could easily see that Ashley was sad. He started to walk in Ashley direction until a girl with blond hair named Caroline stopped him in his tracks.

"Hey, there you are. I've been looking for you. Do you want to take a walk in the woods, just you and me?" Caroline asked as she began to softly stroke Stefan's arm.

"I umm, I think you've had too much to drink."
"Haha well of course I have. So, what do you say?"
"Caroline, you and me, it's not going to happen. I'm sorry." Stefan said as politely as he could manage. He walked away and made his way over to Ashley, hearing Caroline curse underneath her breath and stomp away. When he made it over to Ashley, she was sitting on top of a log looking at him with a smile. Her smile caused Stefan to smile back at her.

"I was wondering who abducted you, now I know."
"Is she like that with all the guys?"
"No, you're fresh meat. She'll back off sooner or later." Ashley said with a smile. She looked passed Stefan and saw her brother Jeremy walk into the woods drunk.

"You gotta be kidding me." Ashley said as she stood up and started to walk towards Jeremy.

"Is that you're brother?"
"Yeah I gotta go get him."
"Do you need help?"
"No, trust me this isn't going to be pretty. Jeremy!" Ashley yelled as she walked faster into the woods. Ashley and Jeremy walked a good distance in the woods until Ashley finally caught up with him.

"Where are you going Jeremy?"
"Go away Ashley." Jeremy said. He walked a little faster until he tripped over something. He looked and saw his friend Vicki unconscious on the ground with the side of her neck tore opened.

"Vicki?!" Jeremy yelled. He touched her face, wondering if she was still alive. Her eyes quickly opened and she gasped for air, which made Jeremy jump out of surprise, then watched Vicki faint again. Ashley and Jeremy both grabbed one of Vicki's arms and dragged her out from the woods and back to the party for help.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Default Re: The Vampire Diaries

Chapter Four

"Someone help us!" Ashley yelled as her and Jeremy rushed out of the woods with Vicki in their arms and headed towards the crowd. A whole bunch of people began to circle around the three of them, looking down at Vicki. Matt pushed through the crowd until he got to Vicki, his sister.

"Someone call 911, she's losing a lot of blood!" Ashley shouted. She quickly took off her pink sweatshirt and held it down on Vicki's neck to try and stop the bleeding. Stefan looked at the scene with fearful eyes, taking a few steps back. Matt looked up at Stefan and saw his facial expression. With confusion and curiosity Matt was about to run over to Stefan but he had already turned around and disappeared from the party. Stefan ran all the way home and barged through the front door where Zac could be seen on the couch again.

"Stefan what's wrong?"
"Someone's attacking people in this town and it isn't me."
"Then who is it?" Zac asked, but Stefan was already up the stairs and ran into his room, closing and locking the door behind him. As he walked in, he noticed that his window was wide opened, and a black crow flew inside and landed on the beam from the top of his ceiling. Stefan slowly turned around to face his window again and that's where he saw him. A man who was about five years older then Stefan stood about 5'9 and was slender. He was just standing there with an evil smile across his face. He had dark brown eyes that were almost black and straight black hair with rainbow lights in it, like a crow's feathers. He wore a black t-shirt, a black leather jacket, black jeans and black boots. Stefan shot the man a threatening stare as he opened his mouth.

"Damon..."
"Hello brother."
"The crow's a bit much. Don't you think?"
"Wait till you see what I can do with the fog."
"When did you get here?"
"Well I just couldn't miss your first day of school. Your hair's different, I like it."
"It's been fifteen years, Damon."
"Thank God! I couldn't take another day of the 90's. That horrible grunge look did not suit you. Remember Stefan, it's important to stay away from fads.
"Why are you here?!"
"I miss my little brother."
"You hate small towns. They're boring, there's nothing for you to do."
"Oh I've managed to keep myself busy."
"You left that girl alive tonight. That was very careless of you."
"Yeah, that could be a problem... for you." Damon said with an evil smile.

"Why are you here now Damon?"
"I can ask you the same question, however I'm fairly certain that your answer is going to be summed up by one little word... Ashley." Damon said with a cold smile. He walked around the room over to Stefan's bookshelf. "She took my breath away, Ashley. She's a dead ringer from Katherine. Is it working Stefan? Being in her world? Does it make you feel more alive?"
"She is not Katherine."
"Well let's hope not. We both know how that ended. Tell me when was the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?"
"I know what's you're doing Damon, it's not going to work." Stefan said as he started to walk away from Damon. Damon walked up to him and turned Stefan around, hitting him on the shoulder a few times.
"Don't you crave a little?"
"Stop it."
"Let's do it together. I saw a couple of girls downtown. Or let's just cut right to the chase. Let's go after Ashley!"
"Stop it!" Stefan yelled as he pushed Damon back.
"Imagine what her blood tastes like Stefan!" Damon said. Stefan quickly turned around as his fangs pierced through his gums and his eyes changed into it's midnight black, along with his veins appearing around his eyes. The thought of Ashley's blood started to set him off. "I can!"
"I said stop!" Stefan yelled. With amazing speed he charged at Damon with his mouth wide opened, revealing his fangs. Stefan charged Damon right out the second story window and they both crashed on the ground. Stefan slowly got up to his feet, seeing that Damon was nowhere in sight. Then all of a sudden Stefan heard Damon's voice about ten feet behind him.

"I was impressed. I give it a six for the style but I was pleasantly surprised. Very good with the whole face rawr rawr rawr thing, it was good." Damon said as he was laughing.

"You know it's all fun and games Damon, huh? But where ever you go, people die."
"Well that's a given."
"Not here, not now. I won't allow it."
"I'll take that is an invitation."
"Damon please, after all these years can't we just give it a rest!?"
"I promised you an eternity of misery, I'm just keeping my word."
"Just stay away from Ashley!" Stefan shouted. Damon looked down to Stefan's hand and pretended to ignore him about staying away from Ashley.

"Where's your ring Stefan?" Damon asked. Stefan quickly looked down at his middle finger on his right hand, seeing that his ring was missing. "Oh man, the sun's coming up in a couple hours. Without that ring you'll turn to ashes to ashes, poof." Damon said. They gave each other cold stares for a few seconds, then Damon smiled. "Relax, it's right here." Damon walked over to Stefan and held out his hand with Stefan's ring in it. Stefan just looked at it for a few seconds, then slowly grabbed his ring and put it back on his finger. As soon as he did that Damon grabbed Stefan's throat, his face changed into a vampire's just like Stefan's before, and threw Stefan across the driveway. Stefan slammed into the stone wall and fell on his stomach. With amazing speed Damon ran over to Stefan and smiled. "You should know better then to think that you're stronger then me. You lost that fight when you stopped feeding on people. I wouldn't try it again!" Damon said. Noises could be heard from inside the boardinghouse. Damon turned around to look at the boardinghouse, then smiled. "I think we woke Zac up. Sorry Zac." Damon said as he walked away, cheerfully whistling to himself and disappearing into the night. Stefan just laid on the ground, trying to process everything that was about to happen.

Ashley and Jeremy were still at the party, watching as Vicki was being taken away by an ambulance and Matt following it with his truck. Jeremy was drinking the last of a beer right in front of a cop who's back was turned around. Ashley just looked at her little brother and shook her head.

"You know Jeremy, those people with the uniforms are called cops." Ashley said. Jeremy finished up the beer and threw the bottle onto the grass, just looking at her.

"Look, aunt Jenna is on her way. Are you okay Jeremy?"
"I honestly don't feel like talking."
"Listen to me Jeremy, we have to deal with our parent's death, but you can't deal with it with alcohol and drugs. I'm dealing with their death Jeremy."
"Really? Then how come I see you almost everyday at the graveyard writing in your diary?" Jeremy asked in a cold voice. Ashley just looked down and didn't say anything. The two of them were silent, waiting for their aunt Jenna to pick them up.

Bonnie, Meredith and Caroline were sitting inside the Mystic Grill at a booth together. Caroline had a cup to tea to try and make her feel better since she was heavily drunk.

"Come on Caroline, drink up. I have to drive you home." Bonnie said with a joking smile. Caroline just looked at her and sat back.

"How come Ashley get's everything she wants? I mean come on. Everyone picks her for everything, and she doesn't even have to try. I try so hard and I get nothing, but Ashley doesn't try at all and she get's everything. She get's the guys, the friends..."
"Caroline, it's not a competition."
"Yeah, it is." Caroline said. Bonnie and Meredith just looked at her, shaking their heads. A few minutes later Bonnie and Meredith walked to the bathroom together, leaving Caroline at the table to drink her tea. Caroline looked up, seeing Damon a few tables away smiling at her. She smiled back, but stayed in her seat.

Ashley and Jeremy made it home and Ashley walked up to her room. She slipped off her shoes, grabbed her diary, and sat in her window. Ashley opened up her diary and began to write. She was in the middle of the page until she stopped and look at the last line she had wrote.

All you can do is be ready for the good, so when it comes, you invite it in, because you need it, I need it. At the corner of her eye she saw someone walk in her front yard and look up at her second story window. Ashley quickly looked, seeing Stefan standing there, looking up at her. They stared at each other for only a few seconds, but it seemed like a lifetime. She quickly closed her diary and ran downstairs. When she opened the front door, Stefan was waiting there.

"I know that it's late, but, I needed to know that you were okay."
"You know... for months that's all anyone has wondered about me, if I would be okay."
"What do you tell them?"
"That I would be fine..."
"Do you ever mean it?"
"Ask me tomorrow." Ashley softly said. Stefan didn't say anything. He just kept his eyes locked into her's, unable to turn away. Ashley smiled and stepped back a little bit. "We could talk in the house if you like. Would you like to come in?" Ashley asked. Stefan smiled and just looked at her.

"Yes." Stefan said as he kept smiling. He slowly walked into the house and walked a little passed Ashley. Ashley smiled and slowly closed the door.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 06-11-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Default Re: The Vampire Diaries (mainly 17+)

Chapter Five

The next morning came and Ashley laid in her bed, looking up at the ceiling with a smile on her face. This smile was real, cheerful, full of hope and happiness. She grabbed her diary that was next to her on the bed and sat up, leaning her back against the pillow. Ashley opened it up to the next free page and began to write.

Dear Diary,
This morning is different, there's change. I can sense it, feel it. I'm awake, for the first time in a long time I feel completely and undeniably wide awake. For once, I don't regret the day before it begins. I welcome the day because I know that I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good.

"Ashley, time for breakfast." Aunt Jenna said from Ashley's doorway. Ashley put down her diary and smiled at Jenna. "Well someone's happy today."

"I feel really good this morning."
"Well that's good. Would that boy have anything to do with it?" Jenna asked with a smile. Ashley smiled, nodded her head, and walked downstairs. On the kitchen table was a full plate of food for Ashley. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and a glass of apple juice. Ashley sat down and ate her breakfast. She looked up at the stairs, wondering where Jeremy was. Jenna walked in the kitchen with a mug of coffee in her hands.

"Hey aunt Jenna, where's Jeremy?"
"Uh, he said that he had to go into school early for a wood shop project." Jenna said. Ashley just looked at her with a confused expression on her face. Jenna looked back at Ashley, reading the confusion. "There isn't a wood shop class in your school, is there...?"
"Nope..."
"Well, I have a meeting this morning with his history teacher."
"Mr. Tanner? Huh, good luck with that."
"He's an ass, isn't he...?"
"Yup. You'll do fine though."
"Thanks."

Jeremy walked through the hospital doors and asked what room his friend Vicki was in. Once he found out he walked up to her room where he saw her resting. He stood at the doorway, just looking at Vicki, hoping that she will be okay.

"I'm sorry but you can't be in here. Visiting hours aren't until later." A nurse said as she walked inside the room to check on Vicki.

"Oh I'm sorry. I just wanted to see that she was okay."
"She'll be just fine, don't worry. You can come back later." The nurse said. Jeremy nodded and made his way out of the hospital, but didn't go to school.

It was six thirty in the morning and Jenna was driving to the high school. When she got there she parked her car and headed inside. Since Jenna went to this same high school when she was a teenager she knew where all the classrooms were. Jenna took a deep breath and knocked on the classroom door where she saw Mr. Tanner.

"Ah yes, come on in Jenna." Mr. Tanner said. Jenna put on a fake smile and sat in the front desk, facing Mr. Tanner.

"So Mr. Tanner, how's Jeremy doing in school?"
"That's the problem here. Jeremy has skipped five times so far."
"Five times? School has only been opened for two weeks. Are you sure that it's been five times?"
"Yes, it's been five times. If he does it again three more times then he's going to get expelled, since he never comes to detention."
"I promise that I will talk to him and set things right. It's just been really hard for him, also Ashley as well." Jenna said. Mr. Tanner just looked at her, then sighed.

"How has everything been for you? At home with the teenagers and such. Is it easy?"
"It hasn't been easy, but it's not impossible either."
"Honestly, it is impossible."
"What are you getting at, Mr. Tanner?"
"I'm saying that someone your age shouldn't be taking care of teenagers by yourself."
"I'm twenty five. I think I can take care of the kids and myself."
"Honestly, I don't think you can." Mr. Tanner said. Jenna just looked down at the floor, then got up and walked out of the classroom.

It was the afternoon and school had been released for the day. Ashley and Matt walked out of school together and was heading towards the parking lot. Matt looked over at Ashley and smiled.

"So how's your sister doing?"
"She woke up last night but only for a few seconds."
"Does she remember what attacked her?"
"It's going to sound crazy but... she said that it was a vampire." Matt said. Stefan was sitting at a table not too far away from Matt and Ashley, listening to what they were saying. When he heard that Vicki said that a vampire attacked her, Stefan's eyes widened as he listened to more of what they were saying.

"A vampire?"
"Yeah. She muttered vampire and then passed out."
"She must be confused or something, maybe even hit her head." Ashley said. Matt nodded and looked over at Stefan who's back was facing towards the two of them.

"So what's up with you and the new guy?" Matt asked. Ashley looked over at Stefan, then back over at Matt.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you Matt."
"Um, I'm gonna start going back to the hospital and visit Vicki. I'll text you later." Matt said. Ashley nodded and watched Matt walk away. A few short moments later she turned around and was about to walk over to Stefan, but he was gone and nowhere to be found.

Stefan raced to the hospital as fast as he could, trying to get to Vicki before Matt could. He walked inside and headed right for the stairs, locating what room Vicki was in. He turned the corner to the hallway where Vicki's room was but Matt had already walked into the room. In the room, Vicki stood to her feet, just looking at Matt.

"Vick? Are you alright?" Matt asked as he stepped towards her and attempted to touch her face. Vicki flinched back and started screaming from the top of her lungs. Matt ran out of the room to go and find a nurse. Stefan quickly ran into the room and grabbed Vicki, looking her in the eyes.

"A animal attacked you in the woods."
"A animal attacked me in the woods..."
"The animal bit you and ran off."
"The animal bit me and ran off..."
"Good, now sleep." Stefan said as he used his mind compulsion. Since he didn't feed on humans, he didn't know how affective the compulsion was going to be. He laid Vicki on the bed and quickly ran out of the room. Matt hurried back with a nurse, but when he came back, Vicki was already sleeping. He was confused on what had just happened. Matt walked out of the room, seeing Stefan quickly turn the corner of the hallway.

"Stefan?" Matt said to himself as as walked faster down the hallway. Stefan walked into a room where there was a whole bunch of patients hooked up to blood IV's. He stopped, smelling all the human blood in the air. His eyes slowly began to change, but he knew that Matt was following him so he had to pull it together the best that he could. Stefan walked to the other side of the room and went through another door which had an opened window. Matt saw Stefan enter the room so he quickly followed. By the time Matt got to the same room, Stefan was gone. Matt looked out the window, but couldn't find Stefan anywhere.

Ashley, Bonnie, Meredith and Caroline were sitting outside of an coffee shop. Ashley told her friend everything about last night with her and Stefan. Caroline smiled and spoke first to Ashley.

"So you guys just talked?"
"Yeah."
"There was no first kiss? No touchy feely of any sort?"
"No Caroline. We just talked for hours in my room. It was nice."
"Well jump his bones already. Girl likes boy, boy likes girl, sex." Caroline said with a smile. Ashley just shook her head and looked over at Bonnie.

"She isn't you Caroline."
"Oh be quiet." Caroline said while laughing. Ashley thought about it, then looked up at her friends.

"You know what? She's right."
"I am?"
"She is?"
"Yeah. If I don't go over to his house now then I'll just end up talking myself out of it."
"So you're going to jump his bones?"
"Oh my God, no Caroline. I'm going to ask him out." Ashley said with a smile. She got up and walked away, heading to the old boardinghouse. When she got there, Ashley stopped and looked around at everything. The boardinghouse looked to be very old, it reaching two tall stories. It looked more like a mansion. Surrounding it was a thick green forest that looked like it was never going to end. Ashley took a deep breath and walked up to the door. She knocked a few times, but no one had answered. Ashley was about to walk away until the door slowly opened, letting out a long screech. She stood there for a few seconds, wondering if she should walk in or not.

"Stefan?" Ashley asked, but no one answered. The door was halfway opened now, revealing the huge house. Ashley slowly walked inside a few steps, looking at her surroundings. Even inside the house seemed to look extremely old, but it was in very good condition. Ashley walked in about ten feet, wondering if anyone was home. She turned around to look at the front door, thinking that she should just leave and come back later. Then all of a sudden a crow flew inside the house, scaring Ashley. She quickly turned around to see where the crow went, but when she turned around, Damon was standing right behind her, leaving only two or three inches of space between them. He smiled as he looked down at her.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to just walk in like this. The door was wide open so I just..." Ashley said as she turned around, seeing that the door was closed. She slowly turned back around and looked at him. "Well, it was opened..."

"It's okay. My name is Damon, Stefan's older brother. You must be Ashley."
"Stefan never told me that he had a brother."
"Yeah he's not the one to brag."
"Oh. Is Stefan here?"
"I think he went out somewhere. I could show you around a little bit if you like."
"Yeah sure." Ashley said. She felt a lot more relaxed now. Damon was very kind to her, so she didn't see a problem of him showing her around. They walked into the living room, seeing it was huge.

"Well here's the living room."
"You're house is amazing."
"Thank you. It's been in the family for a few centuries."
"Wow." Ashley said as she took a few steps forward into the room. Damon smiled as he looked at Ashley.

"You know, I like you. I can see why Stefan finally broke out of his little shell. I never thought he would get over the last one."
"The last one?"
"Yeah, his ex-girlfriend, Katherine. Didn't he tell you?"
"Nope..."
"Oh, so you guys didn't have the ex talk... Well it's bound to come up now." Damon said with a charming smile. Ashley just looked at him, not knowing what to say next. "Hello Stefan." Damon said without turning away from Ashley's eyes. Ashley quickly looked, seeing Stefan at the doorway of the living room, staring at Damon.

"Stefan..." Ashley said. Damon smiled and looked over at his little brother.

"You know, I was just about to tell Ashley about our family history, Stefan. I know! I could dig out the baby photos! But let me warn you, this guy wasn't always such a looker." Damon said with an evil grin. Ashley could see that Stefan was bothered by something.

"Nah that's okay." Ashley said, still looking over at Stefan.

"It was very nice for your visit Ashley." Stefan said without looking at her. His eyes were locked on Damon's the whole time. Ashley got the hint that he wanted her to leave.

"Yeah uh, I should start going." Ashley said. She walked over to the doorway where Stefan was, but he was blocking it, his eyes locked on Damon still.

"Stefan... Stefan?" Ashley said. The first time when Ashley said his name, he didn't move at all. Then the seconds time, he quickly looked down at her and stepped to the side. Ashley just stood there for a few seconds, then walked out and left the house. Damon gave Stefan that charming smile and put his hands inside his jean's pockets.

"Oh what's the matter Stefan?"
"What's the matter? Hmm let's see, you're still here. And I told you to stay away from Ashley!"
"Hey, she's the one who came in here all on her own."
"Then you should of asked her to just leave!"
"Oh will you stop yelling? God you give me such a headache." Damon said as he walked out of the house. Stefan just stood there, then kicked the large couch across the room and sent it flying into the wall, causing it to break.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 07-10-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Sonji Offline
Experienced Trainer

I love this story! Lol XD
Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Chapter Six

It was four o'clock in the after noon and Ashley, Bonnie, Meredith and Caroline were at the park handing out papers that were about coming to the comet that was flying overhead tonight. As always, Caroline separated herself from her group of friends to talk to other guys. The three of them just rolled their eyes and continued to do what they were suppose to do. Bonnie looked over at Ashley, seeing she was upset about something.

"He didn't call, huh?"
"Or text. Then I realized that we never even exchanged that stuff. We never got to the texting part."
"That's the important milestone in any relationship."
"Yeah. The timing was wrong anyway."
"When is it ever right?."
"I'm not ready Bonnie."
"Oh come on, who ever is?"
"At least I put myself out there..."
"Is that what you're calling it?"
"What do you mean?"
"All I'm hearing are reasons why you can't." Bonnie said. Ashley didn't say anything else. She just looked at her two friends and started walking, dropping the subject. Caroline was talking to a group of boys, flirting with them like always. Her gaze came up and saw a man across the street looking at her with a smile. In an instant, Caroline knew who it was. It was the guy from last night who was smiling at her, Damon. Although she didn't know his name, Caroline still walked away from the group of boys and headed over to Damon who was across the street. A few cars went by, but when the street was clear, Damon had disappeared. Caroline looked both ways, trying to find Damon, but he was no where to be found.

Stefan was getting ready for the comet that was going to glide over the town tonight. Zac came into the room and sighed, talking first.

"Why did Damon come home? What is he doing here?"
"Because I came home. He wants to make my life miserable, that's how he enjoys himself."
"Well he's putting everyone at risk. This girl in the hospital can talk."
"She won't. I took care if it."
"You sure?"
"I'm not sure Zac. I don't know how well it worked. I'm not as strong as Damon."
"So what happens if it doesn't?"
"I don't know. I'll deal with it." Stefan said. He walked out the door and made his way out of the house. A few hours had passed and night fell over the small town. Ashley, Bonnie and Meredith were walking through the park with a white candle in their hands. They walked over to Matt, but Bonnie and Meredith took their separate ways, so Ashley was alone with him.

"Hey." Ashley said with a sweet charming smile. His candle was lit, but Ashley's wasn't. Matt smiled and lit Ashley's candle with his. "Thank you."
"Your welcome." Matt said. They smiled at each other for a few seconds, then Ashley turned around. She lit someone else's candle, but when she looked up to see who it was, it was Stefan.

"Thank you." Stefan said softly. "Hi."
"Hi..." Ashley said, then looked over at Matt. Matt just stared at her, unable to say anything. Ashley looked down, then walked away from the two of them. She stopped walking when she was about ten feet away from the two of them, just looking up at the comet that was soaring in the sky, thinking. Matt turned back around to talk to Caroline while Stefan on the other hand walked slowly over to Ashley. He stopped when he was about a foot away from behind her, looking up at the comet.

"You know that comet, it's been traveling around space for thousands of years, all alone."
"Yeah, Bonnie says it's a harbinger of evil."
"I think it's just a ball of snow and ice, trapped on a path that it can't escape. Once every hundred and forty five years it gets to come home." Stefan said. "I'm sorry about earlier today at my house. I wasn't myself." Ashley looked down and smiled, then back up at the sky.

"You seem to spend a lot of time apologizing."
"I have a lot to apologize for." Stefan said as he walked to her side so he could see Ashley's face. "Today at my house, it wasn't about you."
"You didn't tell me that you had a brother."
"We're not close, it's complicated."
"Always... He told me about your ex, Katherine."
"What did he say?"
"That she broke your heart..." Ashley said. Stefan just looked at her, unable to speak of any words. She did her best to avoid any eye contact with him, forcing her eyes to stay up at the night sky.
"That was a long time ago."
"When you lose someone, it stays with you, always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt..." Ashley said. Stefan stepped in front of her so she was forced to look at him in the eyes.
"Ashley..."
"It's okay Stefan, I get it. You have no idea how much I get it. Complicated brother, check. Complicated ex, check. Too complicated to even contemplate dating, double check. It's okay. We met and we talked and it was epic, but then the sun came up and reality set in." Ashley softly said with sadness in her voice. Stefan looked down to the ground, then back up at Ashley. The two of them stared at each other in the eyes for a long period of time, unable to speak or turn away. Ashley looked down, then back up at Stefan. "So..." Ashley said. She blew out her candle and walked away. Stefan turned around halfway, looking down at the ground, then brought his head back up to watch Ashley walk away.

Vicki was working her shift at the Mystic Grill with a thick white bandage on her neck. She walked passed the bar to get more glasses for a table, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Damon sitting on a stool at the bar.

"I know you." Vicki said. Damon turned to face Vicki, then smiled.
"Well that's unfortunate."
"Uh, I don't..I don't know how. Your face...excuse me, sorry." Vicki said as she walked away into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, taking out some strong pain pills that Jeremy had given her. Vicki put two of them in her mouth and bent over the sink, putting it on and drinking the water. When she looked back up in the mirror, Damon was right behind her with his fangs drawn out. Vicki let out a short scream as Damon smashed her head against the sink, causing her to pass out.

"Hey has anyone seen Vicki?" Jeremy asked Tyler, Ashley, Bonnie and Matt who were all sitting at a round table in the Mystic Grill. The park was right across the street from the Mystic Grill, so they could go back and forth any time they wanted. Tyler decided to be a smart ass and answer Jeremy.

"Maybe she found someone else to party with, drug dealer." Tyler said. Ashley just looked up at her brother.
"Are you dealing drugs Jeremy?" Before Jeremy could answer, Tyler spoke again.
"You know she's never gonna go for you."
"Actually Tyler, she did, over and over and over again."
"Yeah right."
"She did. And I didn't have to force her into it either!" Jeremy said. Matt looked over at Tyler, crossing his arms.
"What's he talking about Ty?"
"Nothing man, this guy's a punk."
"You know what? How about you guys just shut up and help me find my sister." Matt said as he got up. The rest of the group stood up at started to separate so they could find Vicki.
"I'm coming with you Matt." Jeremy said.
"Oh no you're not. You're coming with me." Ashley said as she grabbed Jeremy's arm. Jeremy rolled his eyes and followed his sister, pulling back his arm.
"So that's your game now? Dealing?"
"I'm not dealing Ashley."
"Look I'm sick of the tough speech act. It's clearly having no impact. If you keep doing this then you're going to end up at some rehab telling a stranger how you let your life fall apart. Or you could just talk me to and tell me everything that's going on in your head and I can try to help. Please Jeremy."
"I vote for none of the above." Jeremy said as he walked away.

Matt walked outside and went to the park where everyone was. He saw Stefan all by himself, looking at at the sky. Matt walked up to him with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey have you seen my sister?"
"No, I'm sorry."
"I can't find her, she's missing."
"I'll keep an eye out for her." Stefan said as he turned around and started to walk away.
"Hey, I saw you at the hospital yesterday." Matt said. Stefan stopped and turned back around to face Matt.
"Really.."
"What were you doing there?"
"I was visiting."
"Visiting?"
"Yeah."
"You know, Ashley and I have known each other for a very long time. We might not be together right now, but I look out for her. I'll always look out for her." Matt said. Stefan just nodded his head, looking at Matt. Then Stefan turned his head halfway, hearing something from a few buildings away from them. He heard two people talking, Vicki and Damon. Vicki was asking Damon to not hurt her, but Damon just started laughing. Stefan quickly looked over at Matt.

"I have to go." Stefan said. He walked away and made his way down the street. On the top of a building he saw Damon and Vicki on the ledge of it. He quickly got to where they were with amazing speed. Damon looked over at Stefan, smiling.

"Not bad. Have you been eating bunnies?"
"Let her go."
"Really? Okay." Damon said as he pushed Vicki off the building.
"No!" Stefan yelled. Damon smiled and grabbed Vicki's hand, pulling her up. He pushed her again, but this time towards Stefan. Stefan grabbed her, then looked at Damon who was smiling again.

"Relax." Damon said as Vicki dropped to her knees, crying.
"What's happening?" Vicki asked. Damon looked over to his brother.
"I don't need her to be dead...but you might." Damon said as he smiled and looked down at Vicki. "What attacked you last night?" Damon asked. Vicki turned around and just looked at him.
"I don't know, an animal..."
"Are you sure about that? Think about it. Think really hard. What attacked you?" There was a pause while Vicki looked down to think, then Vicki jerked her head up to look at Damon.
"Vampire!"
"Who did this to you?!"
"You did!" Vicki yelled at Damon.
"Wrong!" Damon said. Stefan quickly looked at him.
"Damon don't!" Stefan said, but Damon ignored him.
"Stefan."
"Don't..." Stefan whispered. Damon grabbed Vicki and pulled her up to her feet by her arms. He turned her around and forced her to look into his eyes, compelling her.
"Stefan Salvatore did this to you."
"Stefan Salvatore did this to me..."
"He's a vampire, a vicious, murderous monster."
"Damon, please don't do this." Stefan pleaded.
"You couldn't fix her completely before. I don't know what you're going to do now." Damon said. He ripped off the bandage that was covering the bite on Vicki's neck and ripped open her stitches. He threw her over to Stefan with her neck exposed. "Your choice of life style, it's made you weak. You don't have the strength to overcome my compulsion on her. All these years of drinking animal blood has made you weak Stefan!" Damon said. Stefan's eyes began to change and his fangs began to pierce out, looking at Vicki's blood running down her neck, then at Damon. "But you can change that, Stefan. Human blood gives you the strength that you need!" Damon said. Stefan shook his head, tossing Vicki lightly onto the ground. He backed away from Vicki, attempting to gain control again. "You have two choices, little brother. You can feed, and make her forget. Or you can let her go screaming vampire through the town square."
"That's what this is about? Exposing me?"
"No! I want you to remember who you really are!"
"Why? So I'll feed? So I'll kill? So I'll remember what it's like to be brothers again? You know what? Let her go. Let her tell everyone how vampires have returned to this town. Let them drive a stake through my heart, because then at least I'll be free of you at last." Stefan said. The two brothers looked at each other for a long time. After a few moments of staring, Damon smiled and rolled his eyes.
"Wow, drama queen. Come here sweetheart." Damon said as he grabbed Vicki again. She struggled a little bit, but stopped at what Damon whispered into her ear. Her facial expression changed, it was peaceful.
"What happened? Oh man, my stitches are opened." Vicki said. Stefan looked down at her, then spoke.
"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I took some pills man, I'm good." Vicki said as she stood up and made her way down from the building by using the doors that were behind Stefan. Stefan and Damon stared at each other, Damon giving his charming smile.
"It's good to be home. I think I might stay awhile. This town could use a bit of a wake up call, don't you think?"
"Damon, please, just leave this town."
"And miss all the fun? Not a chance." Damon said as he turned into a crow and flew away into the night. Stefan stood there, looking at the black crow's direction. After a few short minutes, Stefan made his way down from the building and walked over to the Mystic Grill where he saw Vicki and Matt at a table together. Matt saw Stefan and rose to his feet, walking over to him.

"Hey Stefan. Uh, Vicki said you found her in the woods."
"Yeah. She looked pretty out of it when I found her."
"Yeah, she took too many pain killers. I just wanted to say thank you."
"No problem." Stefan said with a smile. Matt nodded and sat back down with his sister. Stefan looked over to another table where he saw Bonnie and Meredith sitting together, but Ashley wasn't there. He walked over to the two girls and smiled.

"Hey you guys, uh, have you seen Ashley?"
"Sorry, you just missed her. She went home already." Bonnie said. Stefan nodded and looked down, standing there for a few moments. "You know what? I'm going to give you Ashley's cell number. She's big on texting, and tell her I said so." Bonnie said as she wrote down Ashley's number and her name on the top of a clean white napkin. Bonnie handed Stefan the napkin and he grabbed it, his fingers touching hers. Bonnie's eyes quickly snapped shut and her hand tightened around the napkin. After a few seconds she quickly looked up at Stefan with fearful eyes.

"What happened to you?" Bonnie asked. There was a pause as the two of them stared at each other. Bonnie let go of the paper and shook her head. "That was so rude of me, I'm sorry." Bonnie said as she stood up and walked away. Stefan watched her enter the girl's bathroom, wondering what had just happened.

When Ashley walked through the front door, she heard shuffling going on upstairs. She walked up the steps and found aunt Jenna going through Jeremy's room.

"Aunt Jenna? What are you doing?"
"Looking for any drugs your brother may have. You know it's sad that I have to go through a sixteen year old's room to see if I can find anything. Ha, jackpot!" Jenna said as she pulled out a bag of weed out of Jeremy's closet. She looked over at Ashley and sighed. "I'm doing this parenting thing all wrong. I'm screwing it up."
"You're not screwing up Jenna. You're trying your best, we all are."
"My sister made it look so easy. Raising you and Jeremy with your father. I wish her skills could of rubbed off on me."
"Jenna it's okay. We're all scared, but we're going to get through this, together." Ashley said. Jenna nodded her head as the two of them looked at each other. Ashley was staring into space, thinking about something.

"You okay Ashley?"
"Yeah. I need to do something. Can I go back out for a little while?"
"Yeah go ahead." Ashley stood up to her feet and walked out of the house. She walked to her car and got in, starting the engine and driving off. About ten minutes later she reached the old boardinghouse. Ashley got out of her car and knocked on the front door. Stefan answered the door with a surprised look on his face.

"Hey..."
"Would you like to come in?"
"The comet's actually this way." Ashley said as she pointed behind her with a smile. She stepped back a little as Stefan smiled back and walked outside, closing the door behind him. The two of them walked about five feet until they stopped at a small brick wall that came up to Ashley's hips, the two of them looking up at the sky. They turned around to look at each other.

"Sorry for barging in like this, especially after earlier..."
"No no, I'm glad you're here. The way we left things before at the park, I didn't like it."
"See the thing is, I got home tonight, planning on doing what I always do, write in my diary. Like I have been since my mom gave me one when I was ten, so I can write everything out, everything I'm feeling. It all goes in this little book that I have on the second shelf behind this hideous ceramic mermaid, but then I realized that I'd just be writing things that I should probably be telling you."
"What would you write?"
"I would write, *Dear Diary, today I'm telling myself that it's okay to give up, don't take risks, stick with the status quote. No drama now, it's just not the time.* But my reasons aren't reasons, they're excuses. All I'm going is hiding from the truth and the truth is, I'm scared Stefan. I'm scared that if I let myself be happy for even one moment that the whole world is just going to come crashing down on me, and I don't know if I could survive that.."
"Do you know what I would write?" Stefan asked. Ashley nodded her head, listening deeply to his answer. "*I met a girl, we talked, it was epic. Then the sun came up and reality set it. All this is reality, right here.*" Stefan softly said. The two of them just looked at each other without saying anything, smiling. The two of them slowly drew closer, and closer, till finally their lips met. Stefan and Ashley's kiss was passionate, it felt like it was never doing to end. They stopped to look at each other for a few seconds, then began kissing again.

It was late at night and Caroline was walking down the street, heading to her car in the park's parking lot. When she got to her car she saw Damon waiting for her. She stopped and smiled at him.

"Hey, I've been looking for you." Caroline said.
"I know." Damon said as they both smiled.
"Cocky much?"
"VERY much." Damon said. They smiled and both got into Caroline's car, driving into the woods. After a few short minutes the two of them were in the back of Caroline's car. Caroline was stripped down to her sapphire blue undergarments, as well as Damon. He moved down to her stomach, slowly kissing it as he made his way up to her neck. He stopped and looked down at her as the two of them smiled. Then all of a sudden Damon pierced out his teeth and his eyes changed, making Caroline's eyes widen in fear. He quickly striked down on her neck, holding her body down against the seat and drank her blood. She let out a loud scream, but since they were deep in the woods, no one could hear her scream.

Last edited by Kei Ochima; 06-25-2010 at 06:15 PM.