Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Default Re: Creating a "Better" Metagame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Disagree. There was a metagame before DPP, and Salamence was OU before. And the fact that they both have x4 weaknesses, to Ice and Thunder no less, both type carried often by Latios, Kyogre and the such would prohibit such a move I think. But I agree that Stealth Rock should not be banned.
A Pokemons performance in Uber has NOTHING to do with its ban worthiness. If something is broken it'll get banned even though it gets owned/sucks in ubers.

And the reason Salamence was OU before was because it didn't get Outrage. Outrage eliminates previous hard physical Mence counters such as Swampert and other bulky waters and grounds by OHKOing basically all of them after a DD.

I shudder to think how hard dealing with Mence would be without SR and Gyarados and even Zapdos.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 AM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf View Post
A Pokemons performance in Uber has NOTHING to do with its ban worthiness. If something is broken it'll get banned even though it gets owned/sucks in ubers.

And the reason Salamence was OU before was because it didn't get Outrage. Outrage eliminates previous hard physical Mence counters such as Swampert and other bulky waters and grounds by OHKOing basically all of them after a DD.

I shudder to think how hard dealing with Mence would be without SR and Gyarados and even Zapdos.
Yeah, because I remember that before, you could reliably switch in a physical tank to take Dragon Claw/Earthquake and counter Salamence effectively, but it's nearly impossible to counter Salamence unless you out-predict him or have a ridiculously fast revenge killer to at least force him out. Even Blissey could handle him if she had to before, but Outrage is too much.

I mean, Scizor works as a reasonable countermeasure, but everyone's out to get him as it is, so using Bullet Punch might actually get him killed.

It's too bad Weavile and Mamoswine are frail and have poor defensive typing (i.e., weakness to Bullet Punch, and Stealth Rock in Weavile's case).

My Battle Log
Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
leebingate Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
Fair enough, I agree with the OU suspect process for the most part. Latias is definitely fine in OU, though i'm still relatively undecided about manaphy. Salamence deserves a test, but in my opinion he won't be going Uber any time soon.

As for stealth rock, it was mainly due to the prevalance of Rotom in standard that I suggested a ban. It would obviously need to be tested, and I repeat I do not think the move is broken, i'm just interested in how the metagame would pan out without it.
I must say a development of an SR-less metagame would be interesting. Will Moltres and Charizard become powerful forces (just examples) without Stealth Rock? What about Pokemon like Yanmega and Ninjask? How would it affect the current metagame? Imagine, just for a second, that Blissey no longer loses 12.5% on switch-in. You can no longer wear Blissey down into KO range with repeated switching, or any other wall for that matter. How would this affect the metagame? What about Pokemon like Mence? SR hurts it by cutting its HP, but at the same time allow it to score important KOs. Stealth Rock resistance wouldn't be a critical factor in teambuilding as well.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Dude, why have you stolen my lines? :/

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
SwitchBlade Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Dude, why have you stolen my lines? :/
Say what now? Who are you talking to exactly?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Say what now? Who are you talking to exactly?
The guy above me copy pasted my first post in the topic. D: Go check if you don't believe me. ;_;

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
SwitchBlade Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
The guy above me copy pasted my first post in the topic. D: Go check if you don't believe me. ;_;
Oh yeh, so he did. I think it's probably a bot, as the account has one post, and the sig links to a download site.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Oh yeh, so he did. I think it's probably a bot, as the account has one post, and the sig links to a download site.
@_@

A little off-topic, but someone look at my RMT? :X

Anyway, what do you guys think about the Steel-infested metagame? I mean, almost every decent team has a Steel-type tucked away somewhere...

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Quote:
@_@

A little off-topic, but someone look at my RMT? :X

Anyway, what do you guys think about the Steel-infested metagame? I mean, almost every decent team has a Steel-type tucked away somewhere...
Two words as to why this is : Dragon overcentralization.

At least Latias was voted uber, so only one more suspect test round majority vote for it to become uber fully which should help with that.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Come to think of it I haven't played against any Latias at all. I think Mence is more scary than Latias. @_@ If anything Mence is the one that should go to Uber IMO, but I'm speaking from an unexperienced standpoint.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Closed Thread