Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua
Default Re: Creating a "Better" Metagame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Ha! Cress better prey that something else set up Trick Room for it, or it won't have time to get an Ice Beam off to even aim at Scyther, and Scyther crushes it with Bug Bite / X-Scissor / Night Slash.

Edit: @ Stupid non-theorymon
scyther nees an /s to ko cress with bug bite. an can ko cress with a cb xscizor

Last edited by Master Aqua; 02-26-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
And as I said (and quoted myself on)...No one is going to switch in Scyther on Cress. Read what I typed again, please. "No one in their right mind would switch Scyther in on those threats". Whoever you are catching up on that needs to study what other Pokes can do a little more...top ten on the shoddy ladder, or not.
Umm ? Why are you making a big deal about it then ?

Actually why respond to me when i wrote this

Quote:
Cress isnt switching in on Scyther. That is the point. People were trying to make a stupid theorymon claim that Scyther will harm Cress usage. There is no reason it should be because if Scyther tries to come in it gets owned, that was my point.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeru takaishi View Post
scyther nees an /s to ko cress with bug bite. an can ko cress with a cb xscizor
I really, really can't understand what this means, and I hope it's nothing too important.

It feels like Skippy is just trolling now. lol.

So to clarify, the only ban tiers are BL and Uber? Since usage determines movement between the tiers.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
So to clarify, the only ban tiers are BL and Uber? Since usage determines movement between the tiers.
Pretty much, though I wasn't really around when Rhyperior was in OU, so I don't understand why it was up there for a time, considering it's back in UU.

My Battle Log
Old 02-28-2010, 02:34 AM
SwitchBlade Offline
Experienced Trainer

It's nice to see the thread get some activity, and very interesting to hear all the viewpoints. The question I was trying to ask in the OP is how would you, given the chance, change the metagame. I wasn't saying Smogon sucks, or that a new community should be started, just theorising how different rules/clauses could benefit the meta. To those stating "it's a video game, this is taking it too seriously", fair enough you don't have to discuss the topic, no-one's forcing you. However I would argue that Smogon itself takes metagame issues fair more seriously, and this is just a light hearted discussion, but that's beside the point.

With regards to a Stealth Rock clause, I won't go over the same old issues, as it is impossible to theorymon all the possible variables (look at the suspect test process, and Latias vs Latios). It was just a clause which I (personally) felt could rejuvinate certain aspects of the game. That's not to say it's without flaws; but debating whether Stall or Offence would be more prevalent in a SR'less metagame is for the most part impossible.

I would be all for hosting a server to test a SR'less meta, however I don't have the means, and with 5th gen on the horizon it wouldn't give the tiers enough time to settle (in my opinion). However if anyone wants to host such a server to test new clauses and such, I would be more than happy to help.

@ DA: I'm not sure who you were talking to in regards to the Smogon tiering system? But the points I have made throughout the thread are consistent with Smogon policies and your own post. So maybe some crossed wires if it was directed at me.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Holland- View Post
Pretty much, though I wasn't really around when Rhyperior was in OU, so I don't understand why it was up there for a time, considering it's back in UU.
I wasn't around either, but most people were putting it down to Solid Rock hype. Too bad for everyone base 50 Special Defense was too much of an Achilles Heel for an ability like Solid Rock to rectify.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
@ DA: I'm not sure who you were talking to in regards to the Smogon tiering system? But the points I have made throughout the thread are consistent with Smogon policies and your own post. So maybe some crossed wires if it was directed at me.
It wasnt directed at you, it was directed at people who dont seem to know how the tiering process works.

And Rhyperior was OU because "zomg Rhyperior is ubar solid rock can 2hko everything in game with CB and outrspeed eveything with Rock polish aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no counterz" in early D/P. You should of seen the hype that thing got, they wanted that and Tar to be uber, no joke there were called for them to be banned. Then people realized it was bubble and bullet seed weak so it dropped to the old BL as it was too powerful for old uu. Then this team http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49703 was posted so people started to whored SubPerior and it went OU with Empoleon and Flygon. Then as Emp and Gon's usage stayed the same, Rhyperior's usage plummeted and so it went to the new UU where he currently resides.

EDIT :

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...ight=Rhyperior see what i mean lol ?
Records Gen 5;
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 02-28-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
-Holland- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to -Holland- Send a message via MSN to -Holland- Send a message via Yahoo to -Holland-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf View Post
It wasnt directed at you, it was directed at people who dont seem to know how the tiering process works.

And Rhyperior was OU because "zomg Rhyperior is ubar solid rock can 2hko everything in game with CB and outrspeed eveything with Rock polish aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no counterz" in early D/P. You should of seen the hype that thing got, they wanted that and Tar to be uber, no joke there were called for them to be banned. Then people realized it was bubble and bullet seed weak so it dropped to the old BL as it was too powerful for old uu. Then this team http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49703 was posted so people started to whored SubPerior and it went OU with Empoleon and Flygon. Then as Emp and Gon's usage stayed the same, Rhyperior's usage plummeted and so it went to the new UU where he currently resides.

EDIT :

I've seen people use Rhyperior here and there, and he does have a leg up on most OU threats, but anything remotely close to a specially inclined counter destroys him. I can definitely see why that team made people reconsider, but I guess people failed to think through their teams like that person did.

My Battle Log
Old 02-28-2010, 11:23 PM
SwitchBlade Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:

EDIT :

Ah that's cool then. Yeh I have to agree that there's an alarming amount of people who don't understand the suspect process, or usage based tiers.

Lol I remember that thread well, the amount of hype surrounding rock types was insane. Mind you there was a fair amount of people complaining about Chomp's and Gliscor's sand veil, obviously not to the extent of theorymon used for Rhyperior and Ttar, but it was there. It's amazing how little can actually be predicted.

In relation to the Cress issue, does anybody know the date of the next UU suspect vote?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Quote:
In relation to the Cress issue, does anybody know the date of the next UU suspect vote?
All i can say to this is "dont worry" Cress isnt staying uu, the amount of people who want it banned (and i assume will vote it BL) is ridiculous. I would of been able to vote as my CRE was there since i got to #1 but my volatility is messed up on shoddy with that account which is pretty dumb but w/e lol

Anyway its soon, im not sure when but i think reach or jabba said they want it done by next smogon UU tour or something (end of this week?). I cant check because Smogon is down so yeah. >.<
Records Gen 5;
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 03-03-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
SwitchBlade Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
All i can say to this is "dont worry" Cress isnt staying uu, the amount of people who want it banned (and i assume will vote it BL) is ridiculous. I would of been able to vote as my CRE was there since i got to #1 but my volatility is messed up on shoddy with that account which is pretty dumb but w/e lol

Anyway its soon, im not sure when but i think reach or jabba said they want it done by next smogon UU tour or something (end of this week?). I cant check because Smogon is down so yeah. >.<
Ah that's good then. Was anticipating it to be removed early ala Deoxys Speed, but no luck. The requirements can be strange at times, i'm pretty sure they'd let you vote if you informed them you'd reached #1 during this phase.

The end of the week would probably tie in with Doug's stats for February so that would make sense. Either way I just want to be rid of that thing lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Quote:
Ah that's good then. Was anticipating it to be removed early ala Deoxys Speed, but no luck. The requirements can be strange at times, i'm pretty sure they'd let you vote if you informed them you'd reached #1 during this phase.

The end of the week would probably tie in with Doug's stats for February so that would make sense. Either way I just want to be rid of that thing lol.
Well its too late now anyway haha.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67911

Quote:
Cresselia and Porygon-z were both voted BL with supermajorities so wave goodbye to the duckies (also a joke about duck hunting season)!

Raikou, for the second round in a row was voted UU. Future attempts to nominate it for suspect will have to rely on special circumstances.

Damp Rock, though talked about quite a bit, seems to draw nothing but apathy from the voters. It was voted UU by a 4-2 vote, the least paragraphed suspect by far (it's always the ones people talk about the most).

Moltres was voted UU in a very tight 5-4 margin and will be sticking around some more to bring the fire.
^
Records Gen 5;
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
Old 03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Master Aqua Offline

ye so that comming a mile away.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post

And the Stealth Rock clause; absense of entry hazards would absolutely destroy any type of control over pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rocks (Salamene would go uber as a result, Gyarados would also have a party), as well as breaking down many types of playing styles.
Disagree. There was a metagame before DPP, and Salamence was OU before. And the fact that they both have x4 weaknesses, to Ice and Thunder no less, both type carried often by Latios, Kyogre and the such would prohibit such a move I think. But I agree that Stealth Rock should not be banned.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Another poin on salamence, allthrough you would think mence would be uber rember the fact that he relies heavily on stealth rock for some important 2kos, if anyone asks ill look them up for you.
Closed Thread