Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 AM
AJ Clark Offline
New Trainer

Default Rate My Silver Version Team

not done training yet but

Mewtwo Lv 100
Psychic
Mega Punch
Swift
Ice Beam

Dragonite Lv 100
Wing Attack
Outrage
Thunder
Waterfall

Charizard Lv 87
Flamethrower
Slash
Fire Punch
Fly

Dewgong Lv 80
Ice Beam
Aurora Beam
Surf
Blizzard

Heracross Lv 81
Megahorn
Reversal
Horn Attack
Counter

Tyranitar Lv 75
Crunch
Rock Slide
Bite
Earthquake

whada think?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Bravo Leader Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bravo Leader
Default Re: Rate My Silver Version Team

Even if you are not done training you are supposed to have your lineup as you want it to be when you are finished training. Also don't use HMs besides surf.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Dark Mudkip Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Dark Mudkip Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Mudkip

My sugestion is to take phisycal moves from mewtwo, better take adventage of his high Sp. attack.And better give dragonite surf instead of waterfall.

mudkip by Neptune's Discipledark mudkip by liquid crystal

Hacthes @ 128
Evolves @ 161
Evolves @ 221
Lv. 100 @ 413
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Iceman3k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Iceman3k Send a message via MSN to Iceman3k Send a message via Yahoo to Iceman3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Clark
not done training yet but

Mewtwo Lv 100
Psychic
Mega Punch
Swift
Ice Beam
* - Please support the Anti-Uber Foundation and rid of Mewtwo.

Dragonite Lv 100
Wing Attack
Outrage
Thunder
Waterfall
* - Surf over Waterfall, Return over Wing Attack, and Fire Blast over Thunder.

Charizard Lv 87
Flamethrower
Slash
Fire Punch
Fly
* - Lose Fire Punch and Fly. Replace with Earthquake and Swords Dance (I'm pretty sure you have RBY). Lose Slash for Return.

Dewgong Lv 80
Ice Beam
Aurora Beam
Surf
Blizzard
* - Lose it altogether. It's useless with its pitiful stats.

Heracross Lv 81
Megahorn
Reversal
Horn Attack
Counter
* - Lose Counter. For what, I have no idea. Counter isn't suited for Hera.

Tyranitar Lv 75
Crunch
Rock Slide
Bite
Earthquake
* - Lose Bite, add Thunderbolt or Flamethrower, your choice.

whada think?
Not too good. Using ubers is ancient history. Dewgong is completely useless in terms of stats and Hera doesn't have those Special Advance gifts that made it good in advance on GSC. The rest of the Pokemon just have sucky movesets. In addition, take into consideration of adding Blissey (or Miltank) in place of Dewgong.

Iceman3k's LiveJournal Page
Old 08-02-2005, 02:25 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn
Post Re: Rate My Silver Version Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3k
Not too good. Using ubers is ancient history. Dewgong is completely useless in terms of stats and Hera doesn't have those Special Advance gifts that made it good in advance on GSC. The rest of the Pokemon just have sucky movesets. In addition, take into consideration of adding Blissey (or Miltank) in place of Dewgong.
Ahh don't go adding in a wussy Heal Belling pokemon... Look, if you wanna use Dewgong, use Dewgong. The only reason ANYBODY would use that blob of blubber would be cuz you like it, so go ahead. Try:

@leftovers
ice beam
snore
curse
rest
(ALSO Sleep talking with ice beam, & surf.)

Curse up if you can survive, otherwise try to fend them off with ice beam. When needed, rest + snore(hopefully the curse had a chance to do something) If this lil ****** can get set up it could be good. I just thought of this about 6 minutes ago, so don't flame me(regice, nemesis, MANA) if i'm a dummy .
Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

meh dewgong is cool

you have a couple of options here, if youre willing to breed go for

dewgong@lefties
surf
encore
ice beam
rest

if you dont want to breed but are willing to trade via rby replace encore with horn drill for luck hax. if you cant or arent willing to do that give it something like sleep talk..= /

then on hera lose counter and horn attack. counter can go for seismic toss for neutral dmg, and horn attk can go for endure if you want to use reversal. also maybe try a slkp talking set if youre not using it on dewgong.

on ttar, try a cursing set, lots of fun.

Rock Slide
Curse
Earthquake
Rest/Roar
@Leftovers

or

Rock Slide
Crunch/Roar
Earthquake
Fire Blast/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Surf/Rest
@Leftovers
Old 08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
hello im called bob Offline
Banned

all of ure moves r too random no stratagy has been used whilst choosing moves for ure pokemon. for instance instead of teaching mewtwo mega punch take advantage of its sp.attack teach shadow ball to it instead and scrap da other moves like swift and ice beam for light screen and recover making mewtwo a tank and sweeper pokemon.

teach ure dragonite surf instead of waterfall:its too weak then teach ure dragonite safegaurd and get rid of wing attack thunders a good move but outrage is too much of a risk because of dragonites sp. defence so teach it dragon breath instead.

ure charizards move r again too random lose slash for sisemic toss teach it sunny day aswell instead of fly then scrap it for dynamic punch to destroy rock pokemon.

get rid of dewgong for slowking which knows curse and flamethrower. scrap heracross for magneton with zap cannon, lock on, light screen and thunder bolt.

on tyranitar lose the bite and rock slide teach it thunder bolt and mega punch to take advantage of the high attack it has. try and teach it a move to restore its hp to make it one heck of an annoying pokemon aswell.

i'd rate this team as 6/10
Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Bravo Leader Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello im called bob
all of ure moves r too random no stratagy has been used whilst choosing moves for ure pokemon. for instance instead of teaching mewtwo mega punch take advantage of its sp.attack teach shadow ball to it instead and scrap da other moves like swift and ice beam for light screen and recover making mewtwo a tank and sweeper pokemon.

teach ure dragonite surf instead of waterfall:its too weak then teach ure dragonite safegaurd and get rid of wing attack thunders a good move but outrage is too much of a risk because of dragonites sp. defence so teach it dragon breath instead.

ure charizards move r again too random lose slash for sisemic toss teach it sunny day aswell instead of fly then scrap it for dynamic punch to destroy rock pokemon.

get rid of dewgong for slowking which knows curse and flamethrower. scrap heracross for magneton with zap cannon, lock on, light screen and thunder bolt.

on tyranitar lose the bite and rock slide teach it thunder bolt and mega punch to take advantage of the high attack it has. try and teach it a move to restore its hp to make it one heck of an annoying pokemon aswell.

i'd rate this team as 6/10

Wow...sorry I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to know much about anything. Well let's start with shadow ball...its a physical attack just like mega punch so it's not really taking advantage of his special attack. Also this is silver version so Magneton sucks and Heracross is much better to use. Also th Magneton you gave him had 2 electric moves and lock on which is completely useless. Also Tyranitar should never know mega punch...he can better physical attacks and learn some good special attacks too. And Tyranitar can't learn healing moves. Dynamic Punch for any pokemon doesn't hit enough and is not strong enough to be any good at all. Charizard can learn earthquake which is a million times better than dynamic punch. I also don't think you should have more than one pokemon on your team with light screen or reflect...its just wasting spaces for good moves. Sorry to tear your suggestions to pieces but they really don't help much.

I suggest listening to Iceman3k's suggestions. They seem to be the best. Also if you really like Dewgong then use it even if it isn't too good cause it's always better to use the pokemon you like instead of the ones that are just good.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
hello im called bob Offline
Banned

u have to have defensive moves aswell
Old 08-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Bravo Leader Offline
Experienced Trainer

I wouldn't say you need defensive moves as opposed to defensive pokemon. My team on netbattle has no defensive moves like light screen or reflect but I use pokemon with good defenses instead and it works fine.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Luke Sinatra Offline
New Trainer

Mewtwo Lv 100
Psychic
Mega Punch
Swift
Ice Beam
*well mewtwo has a huge problem here, its week to dark moves. and a basic team has a anti-mewtwo foe.. so you should complement it with a restore hp move..

Dragonite Lv 100
Wing Attack
Outrage
Thunder
Waterfall
*wing attack and waterfall are useless in a high competiton, so try changing them for hyper beam/return or rest/fire blast..

Charizard Lv 87
Flamethrower
Slash
Fire Punch
Fly
*Get rid of fire punch and fly.. and use sunny day or sword dance, as well as earthquake or mega punch

Dewgong Lv 80
Ice Beam
Aurora Beam
Surf
Blizzard
*I recomend you to change dew from your team.. ir you want one like him try with cloyster who is a good defensive foe..

Heracross Lv 81
Megahorn
Reversal
Horn Attack
Counter
*Hera is a good pokemon if you're in to bugs.. but for a competitive team his weekness to fire could be a problem..

Tyranitar Lv 75
Crunch
Rock Slide
Bite
Earthquake
*Tryanitar is an excelent pokm for a high level team.. but you need to change his a attks to a more variable pool.. take bite and rock slide form him and give him surf and rest(with mintberry)
Old 08-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Fantom13 Offline
New Trainer

Ya when u caught Mewtwo, u should have kept it knowing Recover

Edit: and like he said, change ur Dewgong to Cloyster, higher Defense, and it can learn practically the same moves

Last edited by Fantom13; 08-06-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Yathos Offline
New Trainer

Mewtwo without Recover that's CRAZY!!!
Loose most of your HM!!!

My Mewtwo

Psychic
Recover
Thunderbolt
Shadowball

My Tyranitar