Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Individual RP: BlueJello

Ranger Sara
Botanic Garden

I sat upon Uorkei, my bull Salamence, as he lazily flew in large circles above the Botanic Garden. Below us was a riot of color; plants of all shapes, colors, and sizes filled the sprawling grassland, perfuming the air with dozens of scents. I spotted a herd of Tauros and Miltank running directly underneath us and figured Urokei’s shadow must have spooked them. All over the place were other Pokemon, going about their business of daily life.

I reclined on Uorkei's back, not at all concerned about falling off. The Dragon's flying was so smooth I wasn't jostled at all, and I wasn't worried about rolling off his wide back. I laid there and stared at the clear blue sky, enjoying the warmth of late-morning sunshine on my face and the feel of a cool breeze blowing over me. My eyes drifted closed as I relaxed, thorough enjoying my respite from the day's work.

I was about to doze off when my radio squawked at me. I sighed and sat up, opening my eyes as I pulled the bulky, square black object from my pants hem. I depressed a button, walkie-talkie style, and spoke.

"Sara here."

"Sorry to bother you on your break, ma'am, but there's a Trainer here named…er…Blue Jello?...who wants to go through the Botanic Garden. Since you're there already I figured I might have Shemo teleport him there to join you."

"That's fine," I replied, smiling a little. The young receptionist, whose name was Brad, sounded rather worried about interrupting me. "Tell Shemo, the Natu, to bring the Trainer to the northern side of the Garden and I'll meet him there."

"Yes ma'am," Brad answered, and my radio gave a tinny squeal to signal that he'd closed the line. I clipped the radio back on my pants and tightened my legs around Uorkei's sides. He had heard the conversation and now angled towards the northern edge of the Botanic Garden, slowly losing altitude as he flew. We were about three-fourths of the way there when a dull CRACK reached my ears, so faint I could barely hear it. The blast of bright light that accompanied teleportation was lost in the bright sunlight. I leaned to one side and raised a hand to shade my eyes, peering downwards as Uorkei started to fall faster earthward. After a moment I spotted the Trainer, and within a minute Urokei landed with a loud, heavy thud about five feet from the young man. I patted the Dragon's neck and slid from his back, leaning against one of his thick forelegs and greeting the Trainer with a nod and a smile.

"Hey there, Blue, my name is Trainer Sara, and as you can probably tell, I'll be taking you through the Woods today." I held out a hand in an offer of a handshake, wondering if the young man would approach to take my hand or not. A lot of people weren't too crazy about getting close to a full-grown bull Salamence, even if he clearly was a Trainer's Pokemon. I couldn't say I blamed them.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Blue Jello

Area Effects
-15 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
-Calm Genderless Ditto <Limber Ability>
100%

-Serious Male Ambipom <Pickup Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Parkballs ; 1 Hyperball ; 1 Type Repellent ; 2 Max Potions

Total Pokemon Encountered:
n/a

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-05-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Individual RP: BlueJello

OOC: This is my first time doing this, so please notify me if I’m doing something wrong. ^^

It was an exciting and nerve-racking day for me. It was my first time heading to the national park, an area filled with exotic Pokemon, ripe for catching. It seemed like such a peaceful place, and I had seen photos and paintings of it, but many of my friends have been saying that some people get badly injured on the trip. I shivered. I did not want that to happen, or worse.

My mission was clear. Catch as many Normal type Pokemon as possible. I wanted to become a Normal type gym leader, so I deemed this task essential in achieving that goal. Problem was, there was a chance I might not even see Normal type Pokemon. I did have the type repellent, allowing me to repel any type of my choice, true, but my chances were still slim. I tried not to get my hopes too high. Defeat was not something I could easily bare.

I thought company on my way to the park would be necessary, so I released Scourge, my Ditto, from its PokeBall. The pink blob perched itself on my shoulder, as I continued forward, towards my destination.

I arrived near the front gate. The gate was huge, it seemed bigger than my house. The gold paint on it gleamed in the sunlight. I was startled out of this daze, however, when a voice spoke near the gate.

“Teleportation device activating,” it said in a robotic voice, sounding almost human.

“Teleportation device?” I asked the voice, expecting a reply, but I started to glow with a bright light instead. White beams of light began bursting out of me, and I can’t remember what happened after.

When I came to, I was standing in the middle of a deep forest. I had no idea where I was, and I began to panic. I looked frantically about for an entrance or exit sign, but I found none.

“I’m lost,” I mumbled, starting to quiver. I stood there in deep thought, but that was interrupted by a loud thud that had attacked the floor. I looked up, and I saw a gargantuan marine blue reptile, and a person, standing before me. I locked eyes with the beast, yet I stopped shaking, regardless of the Salamence’s intimidation. The person on the Salamence brought her attention to me and began to speak.

“Hey there, Blue, my name is Sara, and as you can probably tell, I’ll be taking you through the woods today,” she said, holding her hand out to offer a handshake. The Salamence kept its eyes on me. I found myself unable to move. Ditto had not made a sound since Salamence either. It began to relax itself.

“Hi,” I whispered. I had no idea whether Sara heard me or not.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Actually, your char was teleported to the Garden by a Natu named Sheemo, not a device :P. Oh, and Sara isn’t on Urokei still, she got off and is standing next to him. Other than that you’re doing very good, keep it up!

=====

IC: Ranger Sara
Botanic Garden

I smiled at Blue, who seemed both unafraid of Uorkei yet unwilling to get close to him. The Dragon, for his part, gave a very un-male-sounding murr, trying to make the young man and his Ditto feel more at ease. I patted his side in silent gratitude, though I doubted the Salamence’s show of friendliness would make much of a difference. I stepped away and Urokei dipped his head, then took a few running steps before lunging into the air. He swept his powerful wings downward, hitting us with a blast of warm air and flattening the flowers and grass around us. A few moments later he was circling us about fifty feet up; far away enough to make Blue feel more at ease, but close enough to quickly join us if anything unpleasant happened.

I turned back to my Trainer and walked over to him, and was about to ask if he was all right when I noticed the grass parting a few feet away from us. I held up a hand to tell my Trainer to be quiet and then motioned to where the grass was moving aside for whatever was going through it. Then the movement stopped, but only for a second. It rustled faintly, just barely trembling, before a small, white round creature jumped into view.

It turned out to be a Togepi, which squeaked when it saw us. It landed a second later and was swallowed by the long grass again, but tracking it was easy thanks to the parting grass. It wasn’t moving very fast, which told me it was either trying to keep us from finding it, or didn’t care if we did. I smiled at the little thing’s odd behavior, wondering briefly if it was running away or trying to engage us in play. Togepi were awfully curious and playful by nature, but could also be exceptionally cautious.

“Want to try your hand at battling here at the Park?” I asked Blue, following the movement of the long, thick grass growing for miles in every direction. “If so I suggest acting quickly, before our little friend looses us.”

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
100% <Currently out of Ball>

100%

Total Items: 3 Parkballs ; 1 Hyperball ; 1 Type Repellent ; 2 Max Potions

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-06-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

OOC: Can I use my type repellent now? If so, I’m repelling the Grass type. I’ve also heard that Ditto can transform into absolutely anything whilst in the park, so correct me if I’m wrong. :]

Sara smile at me, in a soothingly understanding way. The dragon she was standing beside also gave a soothing purr, before he started running, jumped, and flew off into the crystal blue sky. Warm air rushed at my face, blowing up some of my hair. The Salamence ascended until it was a considerable distance away, until it stopped flying higher, and began to circle me and Sara.

I pulled an item, similar to a car freshener, out of my pocket, and strung it around my neck. I set its type to 'Grass', and left it alone on my chest.

Sara approached me sympathetically, until her head turned at the site of rustling weeds. I looked at the dark green grass, intrigued, until I heard a squeak. A small, cream creature that reminded me of the omelette I had for breakfast jumped before us. It chirped whilst gravity pulled it back down to the ground, where it was engulfed by the weeds once again.

“I’m seeing what I was coming for,” I muttered to myself, putting a hand on one of my Pokeballs, should the chance to battle arrive. The Togepi kept moving through the grass at a steady pace, and it was easy to track it with the grass’s trail.

“Want to try your hand at battling here at the Park?” Sara asked me, following the Togepi. “If so, I suggest acting quickly, before our little friend loses us.”

“Sure,” I replied. “I was hoping to find some Normal types here at the park anyway.”

I plucked a Pokeball from my belt, and hurled it onto the ground. It opened with a crack, and a slender purple monkey with two hands on the end of its twin tails appeared on the floor. Bubbles focused on the Togepi, waiting for me to order instructions.

“OK Bubbles, this is our first battle in the park. Use an Agility so you can become faster and catch up to the Togepi, then use Tickle to make it laugh and stop it from escaping,” I instructed, pointing at the Togepi. Bubbles began using its limbs to run and drastically change direction in a circle. When it was done, Bubbles started to run at blisteringly fast speeds, and followed the trail Sara was walking on. He ran past her, and caught up to the Togepi. It stood before it, looking at it with a cheeky smile. Bubbles then began to push his slender tails towards the Togepi, to initiate the Tickle attack.

Last edited by Etymology; 01-06-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Yeah, you can use it, just edit your post saying you are.

=====

IC: Trainer Sara
Botanic Garden

I always feel glad when a Trainer runs into something they’re looking for here at the Park, so I was happy for Blue when he mentioned this was one of the Pokemon he’d been hoping to meet. He released his second Pokemon, an Ambipom, and set to giving him his commands.

“OK Bubbles, this is our first battle in the park. Use an Agility so you can become faster and catch up to the Togepi, then use Tickle to make it laugh and stop it from escaping,” he ordered. The Ambipom didn’t bother acknowledging the instructions, but instead began to run in a tight circle. It took a few seconds, but the violet monkey soon worked his speed to dizzying levels, then tore by me. He went by Togepi and slid to a stop, nearly tripping from the sudden force of unspent momentum. He turned the stumble into a whirl, facing the smaller Pokemon and giving a smirk. The Pokemon seemed to be taking this battle quiet seriously, giving that expression, and I hoped Blue wouldn’t make the mistake of having such a Pokemon use too many moves like Tickle. Serious-natured Pokemon had a habit of being annoyed by that sort of tactic.

For now, Bubbles seemed content to follow his masters orders. Sending his tails slithering through the grass, the monkey use the finger-like grips at the tip of each to snatch Togepi from the grass and give it the tickling of its life. The baby Pokemon, startled at first, started to giggle uncontrollably as it was assaulted. It kicked its little feet and waved its hands, eyes squeezing shut as its body was convulsed by laughter.

Aaaawwww.

The cuteness of the moment was suddenly cut short when I noticed a faint white glow starting to gather around Togepi’s hands. Whether it was doing it on purpose in order to escape or was activating the move without realizing it was unclear, but Togepi was about to use its Metronome maneuver. Metronome was famous, or infamous, for either being a game-winner or a total flop, since it could become any move. The downside, of course, being that the move used was completely random. Togepi might end up using something harmless like Splash, or something devastating like Explosion. I could only hope it wouldn’t be something as bad as the latter.

The moment of truth arrived not five seconds later. Bubbles, having noticed the glow, didn’t wait for his Trainer’s order to stop his attack. He hastily set Togepi on the ground before turning, getting ready to get out of range of whatever was coming, but it was too late. Togepi snapped its little arms straight up, and a bright red beam of light shot out from the fingers on both hands. These cut through the air to hit Ambipom, but there was no obvious result. I sighed softly, not knowing if I should be relieved or anxious.

“Togepi just used Lock-On,” I informed Blue, watching as said Pokemon followed the Ambipom’s every move. “Its next attack will most likely hit dead-on, so you need to think fast about a way to distract it and make it lose its concentration. Even if you don’t and it attacks, its physical strength was lowered by Ambipom’s Tickle, so that’s something at least.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Serious Male Ambipom: 100% [Speed increased x2]
-? Female Togepi: 100% [Attack and Defense lowered; Locked on to Ambipom]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining
-Type Repellent: Grass Pokemon

Pokemon Stats:

100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items: 3 Parkballs ; 1 Hyperball ; 2 Max Potions

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

=====

OOC: Togepi’s gender?

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-11-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

OOC: Female please. I don’t think this is as long as my other posts, but we’ll see how it goes.

Bubbles locked his twin tails around the ‘omelette’, and began tickling the thing. Togepi started to make a big fuss, and began to giggle, then laugh, then erupt in fits violently. The moment was indeed very cute, as the Togepi began to kick its feet and waggle its fingers. However, its hands began to glow eerily. I was unsure if this was an attempt to escape, but it was the Metronome attack, no doubt. This move could completely blow my chances of catching the Pokemon, and that was a shame.

Fortunately Bubbles realised this, and making the smart move, ran a little to retreat and hopefully evade the attack. The Togepi pointed its arms up, and shot out red beams, that locked onto Bubbles. The attack, Lock-On, didn’t appear to have any consequence. I heard Sara sigh.

“Togepi just used Lock-On,” she told me, not taking her eyes of the Togepi. “Its next attack will most likely hit dead-on, so you need to think fast about a way to distract it and make it lose its concentration. Even if you don’t and it attacks, its physical strength was lower by Ambipom’s Tickle, so that’s something at least.”

“Hmm, I understand,” I responded. “Ambipom, run back to Togepi and grab it. Whilst it is in your grasp, use a Swift on it.”

The Ambipom began to run once more, the red beam still shining on it. It approached the Togepi, and stopped dead in front of it. It gave another cheeky grin, and slowly moved his arms forward.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Sara
Botanic Garden

Not bad, really. Since Bubbles was already moving at super speeds, a Swift attack would be an excellent choice for trying to distract Togepi and cut off her Lock-On. I nodded a few times in approval Blue’s Pokemon dashed towards the smaller Togepi, bringing its tails around to grab her out of the grass and hold her tight.

But Bubbles had to come to a halt, or else risk overshooting his target, and that’s when Togepi struck. I didn’t know if it was blind luck or clever forethought, but when Bubbles stopped and flung his tails towards her, Togepi curled herself into a ball and rolled forward, dodging the monkey’s attempts at snatching her. She then uncurled herself and stood up, cooing babyishly before grabbing one of Bubbles’ tails. The monkey jerked his tail back, trying to shake her off, but this had unforeseen consequences. Togepi was shaken off, but instead of falling to the ground she was tossed towards Ambipom.

And then Togepi hit Ambipom in the chest, grabbing the thick fur there before giggling merrily and stretching her tiny body upwards, planting a cute kiss on her opponent’s cheek.

Instantly, a sort of dazed look came over Bubbles. He blinked sluggishly and shook his head, while Togepi let go of him and dropped back to the ground. She curled into a ball again before hitting, rolling around Bubbles before uncurling and sitting down. There she watched the larger Pokemon, smiling widely as if watching the funniest show on the planet.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Serious Male Ambipom: 100% [Speed increased x2 ; CON]
-? Female Togepi: 100% <Sweet Kiss used> [Attack and Defense lowered]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:

100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

=====

OOC: Outright attacking a Pokemon, even a baby, will usually end in a different way than you expect :P.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-21-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Before Bubbles had a chance to attack the Togepi, she decided to rain on our parade. Just as Bubbles was about to strike, the Togepi rolled foreward, avoiding the Ambipom’s tails. In addition, she turned around, squealed cutely, and grabbed onto Bubbles’s tail. The monkey frantically tried to shake her off, but instead had flung the Togepi towards his face. The Togepi caught onto thick fur that was on Bubble’s chest, and pulled itself up to plant it a kiss. The monkey became instantly confused. He acted somewhat tired, and began to move slower. The Togepi let go and plopped back down to the ground. Before hitting the ground, she curled into a ball and rolled in front of Bubbles, and began to watch him like the greatest TV show ever. I sighed. A whole turn, wasted.

“Bubbles, come back,” I mumbled, hastily recalling Bubbles to his Pokeball. He dissapeared in a burst of red light, and I reattached its ball to my belt. Suddenly, I had a good idea. “It’s your turn Scourge, and I want you to transform into Sara’s Salamence.”

My Ditto leapt off of my shoulder, and began to change its body structure. The Ditto glowed white, became fatter, and grew a huge slender tail. Wings also sprouted from its body. When it stopped glowing, a blue dragon was standing in its place. Ditto roared excitedly. It was good to finally get a battle in.

“Scourgemence, I want you to use a Substitute, then follow up with a Fire Blast. If that fails, use Attract to grab its attention.”

The dragon glowed again. Another body separated from its own, and when the light died down, it seemed like a fabric form of Scourge had taken its place. Scourge breathed in, flame energy gaining in its mouth. It suddenly let out another roar, and a jet of orange, star-shaped fire went streaming towards the Togepi.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Sara
Botanic Garden

Blue recalled his Ambipom, a good call in my book. I liked a Trainer who wasn’t afraid of giving his Pokemon a rest, especially when they didn’t have many Pokemon to begin with. I wondered exactly what the young Trainer would do next, and he didn’t fail to surprise. I’ve taken plenty of Trainers brining Ditto with them through the Park, but none had ever done something like this.

“It’s your turn Scourge, and I want you to transform into Sara’s Salamence,” Blue told his rubbery companion. I blinked as the Ditto jumped from Blue’s shoulder and began to transform into a perfect, albeit slightly lighter-colored, copy of Urokei. The Salamence must have noticed, because I heard him give a roar from where he was circling. He’d never been copied before, nor had any of my other Pokemon, despite all of them having been around a Trainer’s Ditto at some point or another.

“Scourgemence, I want you to use a Substitute, then follow up with a Fire Blast. If that fails, use Attract to grab its attention,” Blue told his Ditto after its transformation was complete. Dittomence gave its Trainer a peculiar look at that last bit, and I gave a faint smile; Blue must have been caught up in the excitement of battle to have forgotten that a Ditto remains genderless even when transformed.

The Pokemon shrugged its shoulders, ignoring the last command but moving on to carry out the others. A light engulfed its body and slowly separated from Dittomence, forming into an expressionless doll that took a seated position before becoming motionless. Dittomence then inhaled deeply as it moved behind its Substitute, powering up its Fire Blast.

At the same time, Togepi decided she was beginning to get bored. She stood and stretched, then curled into a ball and rolled to where Dittomence’s Substitute was sitting. Upon reaching it, Togepi uncurled and stood up, poking the doll’s front-left leg. When there was no response, Togepi frowned and poked harder. When nothing happened she became decidedly upset; her young mind couldn’t understand that the Salamence before her wasn’t real, that the actual Pokemon was behind it.

Inhaling deeply, Togepi gave the Substitute an unhappy glare before letting out a shrill, high-pitched cry. She then toppled onto her butt, screeching like a cat that had just been set on fire. As she did this, Dittomence finally finished preparing his Fire Blast and lunged into the air, pumping his wings to remain aloft and opening his jaws wide. With a roar, a five-armed blast of fire rushed out of his gaping maw, but it was obvious the Pokemon was feeling disoriented from Togepi’s Uproar. As a result, the Fire Blast just barely flew over Togepi’s head, the lower arms passing on either side of her.

It wasn’t a complete bust, though. The intense heat radiating from the arms caused Togepi to give a cry, interrupting her attack and causing her to curl into as small a ball as possible in order to get away from the heat. When the Fire Blast had gone by and was disappearing into the air, the shaking Togepi slowly uncurled and glanced around, looking frightened. She didn’t notice Dittomence as it landed behind its Substitute, and really didn’t seem too keen on remaining. Looking close to tears, the baby struggled to her feet and started to run in a random direction. I watched her go, feeling a bit sorry for her as I turned my gaze to Blue.

“She’s just a baby,” I told him with a firm voice. “You really should go easier on her. You came on too strong there and scared the bejeebus out of her.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Calm Genderless Ditto: 75% [Dittomence ; SUB @ 13.66%]
-? Female Togepi: 80.29% [Attack lowered x2, Defense lowered]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
75% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

100%

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Just as Scourge was powering up its Fire Blast, Togepi looked bored. She stood up and curled into a ball once more, and rolled to where Scourge’s sub was standing. The Togepi uncurled herself and poked it, wondering why it wouldn’t respond. I thought the moment was awfully cute, until the Togepi let out an extremely shrill cry. The substitute appeared to cringe in pain as the Togepi unleashed its Uproar. At this time, Scourge finished charging up its lazor, eh, Fire Blast, and launched it at the Togepi, who would have became a fried egg had Scourge not become unfocused due to the Uproar. The star shaped flame flew over the Togepi’s head, barely missing. The top of Togepi was somewhat singed, however. The Togepi curled itself into a ball to dodge most of the heat. When the flame passed, Togepi uncurled itself and began to run away.

“She’s just a baby,” Sara told me, in a somewhat annoyed tone. “You really should go easier on her. You came on too strong there and scared the bejeebus out of her.”

“She’s going to get a lot more bejeebus scared out of her,” I responded. “Scourge, fly towards her and use a Scary Face to stop her in her tracks. Follow up with Bite to hopefully make her flinch.”

The Salamence came out from behind its substitute, and began to fly over to the fleeing Togepi. It looked it straight in the eyes, and gave it the meanest glare it could muster.

OOC: I'm hating the fact that my posts are getting shorter and shorter. ;_;
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

“She’s going to get a lot more bejeebus scared out of her,” Blue told me, and I lifted an eyebrow at him. “Scourge, fly towards her and use a Scary Face to stop her in her tracks. Follow up with Bite to hopefully make her flinch.” Dittomence immediately left from behind its Substitute, flying after the fleeing Togepi and locking gazes with her. It then twisted up its face into a grotesque mask, making poor little Togepi squeal in fright and topple to the ground.

Next, Dittomence landed in front of Togepi, who was crying, and drew its lips from its dagger-like fangs. However, being of a calm sort, Dittomence really didn’t like delivering physical attacks like bite, and little Togepi’s crying seemed to make it feel all the worse. Instead of attacking with its full strength, Dittomence put its jaws around Togepi’s small body and gave a firm but gentle squeeze. Even that small movement caused damage, though, considering how tiny and fragile a Togepi was, and the small creature shrieked as if being murdered. I flinched at the sound and Dittomence quickly drew away, retreating back to its Substitute as Togepi resumed her earlier Uproar attack. Her face was still in the ground, though, so for now it wasn’t too bad, but the moment she stood up, the sound would be as bad, if not worse, than it was last time.

“I think you’re going to have to try something else,” I said, raising my voice a bit to be heard clearly. “Togepi’s too upset to be battled now, you have to do something to calm her down!”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Calm Genderless Ditto: 75% [Dittomence ; SUB @ 7.66%]
-? Female Togepi: 75.13% <Uproar> [Attack lowered x2, Defense lowered]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
75% <Currently out of Ball ; Currently engaged in battle>

100%

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-21-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Scourge made as ugly a face it could, and gave a stare of death at Togepi. The Togepi squealed in fright, and tripped over on itself and fell backwards. Scourge then proceeded to use the Bite attack, but was a bit hesitant. I should have thought about that, Scourge didn’t really like delivering harmful attacks, being of the calm nature. This wasn’t working, but Bite did some damage as Scourge gently bit down on Togepi. She screamed in a murderous manner, and Scourge quickly drew away. The Togepi continued using Uproar, but its voice was muffled as it was face down in the dirt. I dreaded the moment that the Togepi stand up again.

“I think you’re going to have to try something else,” Sara said, raising her voice over the uproar. “Togepi’s to upset to be battled now, you have to do something to calm her down!”

“I expect an upset Pokemon is easier to catch!” I yelled at her, the uproar starting to get on my nerves. I took Scourge’s Pokeball from my belt, and recalled it. “Just because she’s too upset to be battled doesn’t mean we can’t deal damage!”

I hurtled Bubbles’s Pokeball back onto the ground, releasing the purple monkey once more. I knew this was the best thing to do, Bubbles’s was much more serious about getting the job done than Scourge was.

“Bubbles, run up to Togepi and deliver a scratch attack, pronto! If it fails in some way, use Swift!”

Bubbles charged over to the shrieking egg, covering its ears while it was doing so. It then uncovered its ears to deliver a Scratch attack.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I shook my head as Blue ignored my suggestion to calm Togepi down, instead sending out his Ambipom once more to continue the battle. The violet monkey, his confusion abated thanks to his temporary rest, was ordered to Scratch Togepi and use a Swift if the latter move failed.

As much as I disagreed with Blue’s method of battling, there was little I could do unless Togepi was in actual danger. Right now she was just scared stupid, which, despite her being young, made her more dangerous and unpredictable. She was a wild animal, after all, and even though she was as intelligent as a young child, she had the instincts of a creature born of the wilderness.

Bubbles, after receiving his instructions, dashed to where Togepi was laying, his hands covering his ears. When he reached the little Pokemon, he drew his hands from his head and hooked his fingers, raking them across Togepi’s back. Much to my surprise, Togepi immediately stopped shrieking and crying, instead curling up and rolling away from Bubbles. I thought she was trying to escape again, but she stopped about six feet away and abruptly stood, tears still leaking from her eyes as she glared at her foe.

“Oh dear,” I said, beginning to feel worried. “Togepi is angry now, and if it’s one thing you don’t want to bother with, it’s a cranky baby…” As if hearing my words, Togepi screeched loudly before raising her little hands into the air, eyes narrowing to slits as she focused on Bubbles. At first nothing happened, but then a purple haze surrounded Togepi’s fingers. It quickly down her arms and engulfed her entire body, and then a purplish cloud started to form around Bubbles. Before any of us had a chance to react, Togepi flung her arms down, then jerked them back into the air. Bubbles, with a startled shout, was wrenched into the air as well.

“Toge!” little Togepi raged, swinging her arms down with all the strength her tiny body could muster. Thankfully, Bubbles had only rose about three feet into the air, and Togepi was clearly very inexperienced at using this attack. Still, when the Ambipom hit the ground, it was with a thud that made me wince. When he got to his feet, he had a dazed look in his eyes.

“This Togepi is more dangerous than I thought, if she can use moves like Psychic,” I said. “She can’t really control it well, which makes it all the more hazardous. You really need to be careful from now on, who knows what she’ll use now that she’s so angry.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Serious Male Ambipom: 88.54% [Special Defense lowered]
-? Female Togepi: 62.66% [Attack lowered x2, Defense lowered]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
75% <Currently out of Ball> [Dittomence ; SUB @ 7.66%]

88.54% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-20-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

The purple monkey had violently scratched Togepi’s back with a brutal Scratch attack, but it was odd that Togepi stopped crying, and had rolled away. However, she stopped rolling away when she was a few yards from Bubbles. Using her tear-stained eyes, she let out a terrible glare at Bubbles, who gave an intimidated look.

“Oh dear,” Sara said, beginning to look nervous. “Togepi is angry now, and if it’s one thing you don’t want to bother with, it’s a cranky baby.” Oddly, straight after that, the Togepi let out a horrible screech. It raised its stubby beige arms, and a purple fog appeared round them. That fog soon spread down it’s entire body, and soon Bubbles was engulfed too. Her eyes narrowed into tiny pockets, and she suddenly jerked her hands back down, and then back towards the sky. Bubbles let out a shriek, before he was flung several yards into the air.

“Toge!” the little Pokemon growled, and Bubbles landed with a thump. Sara winced at this, and I did too, inside. Showing nervousness in front of the younger creature was not something I was going to do.

“This Togepi is more dangerous than I thought, if she can use moves like Psychic,” my ranger told me. “She can’t really control it well, which makes it all the more hazardous. You really need to be careful from now on, who knows what she’ll use now that she’s so angry.”

I looked at my Ambipom, and gave an approving nod. It appeared to know what I was talking about, and so it slowly walked over to the Togepi, a friendly smile on its lips, and lifted its arms up, ready to unleash a Swift attack.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

BP

OOC: I forgot to edit Togepi’s HP after Scratch, but I did just now, so yay.

=====

IC: I didn’t know what was going on, but Blue and his Ambipom seemed to have reached some unspoken agreement. Bubbles faced Togepi, smiling in a friendly manner, but the serious Pokemon’s grin was clearly forced. He obviously didn’t like this tactic as he walked towards Togepi, his arms lifting as he prepared for some attack or another.

Togepi, despite being upset and a baby, could sense Ambipom’s tenseness, and probably his insincerity, too. She glared at the violet primate and suddenly curled herself into a ball once more, then began to spin towards Bubbles. The monkey, seeing an opportunity to drop his façade and actually battle, swung his tails around and released a few dozen sparkling, golden stars of energy. The spun through the air, most of them missing but a few finding their mark. Togepi didn’t let the glancing blows distract her, though, speeding towards Ambipom and then suddenly uncurling as she leapt into the air, using her gathered momentum to propel herself at her foe.

Bubbles, not having expected such a straight-forward attack from the little Pokemon, stepped back a pace before Togepi rammed her head into his chest. The tought spikes on the crown of her head dug into Bubbles’ skin, making the Headbutt more painful than it might have otherwise been.

Togepi fell to the ground after the attack and Bubbles staggered backwards, slightly winded and rubbing the sore spot on his chest. He gave Togepi a baleful stare, which the smaller baby returned as she stood. Unfortunately, she seemed a bit dazed after her attack; she’d probably been moving with more force and speed than she’d anticipated, and the punishing collision of skull on breastbone had left her hurting as well.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Serious Male Ambipom: 53.38% [Special Defense lowered]
-? Female Togepi: 48.32% [Attack lowered x2, Defense lowered]

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects
-14 Encounters Remaining

Pokemon Stats:
75% <Currently out of Ball> [Dittomence ; SUB @ 7.66%]

53.38 % <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Togepi (Encounter 1)

Total Pokemon Captured:
n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-29-2010 at 02:28 PM.