Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Zombie Muse
Default Titus [PG-13]

-Ready for Grading-
Pokemon: Horsea
Characters: 21,882

T I T U S

Chapter 1: Helena of Troy

Ominous clouds grumble through out the afternoon sky, as beams of sunlight dove through the pours of the leaden, dark towers of overcast. The sound of waves crashing echoed as the ocean rammed into the rocky cliffs. The small, stone built city of Troy lay awake, cautious of the over passing storm. A loud pitter-patter of steps were heard on the stone paved roads of the city as a young man in his early twenties ran down the streets. His long, entwined hair shimmered as it reflected the sun’s golden yellow, and lightly shadowed his nose, which covered his upper lip. He ran with haste in his brown sandals, which climbed all the way up to his calves. He wore his archetypical knee length skirt, and white, linen shirt just as any other middle class man wore. He dashed past empty stores, locked up houses, and abandoned courtyards. The man finally approached a courtyard that was elevated by a few feet; and there she was, a woman so beautiful it was luck that kept her from Aphrodite’s wrath. Her gold locks of hair danced restlessly in the soft breeze, her eyes had to have been made out of sapphires, for there was no other way eyes could have shimmered like hers did. Her pearly white, silk dress complimented the waves her body created as she sat with tranquility on the stone wall. The smooth skin of her hand gently brushed a blossoming Roselia that was just as beautiful as she was. She hummed a soft tune as if the Muses had played it straight from her throat. The man looked up at her in awe as he softly said,

Oh Helena, you stole my charred heart which is all that is left after the burning ambition I have had for years. My soul is but rocks at the bottom of a sea of tears that I have wept over not having you. My passion is the fire that rages through the night that keeps the innocent alive and pure. My love for you is a whirlpool, twisting and twirling, always moving, ever-changing, but never-ending. I would fight for your love; kill an entire army of Persians and Egyptians just to be with you. I think about you day and night, I see your face in the heavens every time I look up, I see you in the ocean every time I walk by the beach; and I see you now looking down on me as I wait for your final verdict. Will you be mine, oh Helena?”

Helena looked down with an enigmatic face. Then she sneered, her eyebrows lowered and her smile dimmed as she said,

“I would never stoop as low as to marry a formal slave. How many times have I told you this, Titus, I’m not interested.” Titus’s heart sank deep within his chest. The tips of his eyebrows lifted as he said,

“But, I love you, just give me a chance and I can prove to you, just like I proved my slave master that I am worthy. I’ll do anything; I’ll fight off any man who stands in my way of the precious jewel of the Gods.”

“Precious jewel?” Helena questioned.

“You, of course, why I would kill, I would leap off of a cliff, I would steel, I would sell everything I own, I would even-“

“Would you catch me a Horsea?” Titus was puzzled.

“You mean those little seahorse Pokemon in the sea? You… don’t want gold or clothes-“

“No, I have all of those things. I just want the perfect little water Pokemon to accompany me and Roselia here. Find me, and catch me a Horsea and then I’ll think about marrying you.”

Titus’s face gleamed with excitement; he had never had a chance like this before. He thought it was easy, just a little Horsea how hard could it be? Titus didn’t give time to say ‘goodbye’, or ‘okay’, he was too busy running off to the shore to find a cute, tiny Horsea.

As he was running to the shore, a tall, dark, vile figure spurred from the shadows of a nearby merchant shop. Two slender fiery eyes burned menacingly as they seamed to watch Titus run down to the shore. A Houndoom growled lowly behind the pillar of shadows that plotted out its next evil conspiracy. A stomach churning chuckle echoed faintly as the shadow faded into the darkness from where it originated.

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 01-06-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Titus

Chapter 2: The Deal of a Lifetime

Titus rushed down to the shoreline and looked around frantically. He searched for a little blue Horsea in every small cove, behind every rock, and even dug in the sand. He was in waist deep water as the waves pushed him back every few seconds. He stuck his hand in a little cove and felt something move. His face lit up with excitement as he grabbed whatever moved and pulled it out. A little red Krabby foaming at the mouth dangled from Titus’s grip. Titus was disappointed it wasn’t a Horsea and threw it back into the water. He swam out to chest deep water and dove under. He opened his eyes and searched around. He saw a miniature school of Luvdisc swim by and a Relicanth glided by limply. Titus turned his head around and then there it was, a little Horsea swimming toward the shore, eating little bits of algae and other miscellaneous plants. Titus arose from the water and swam closer to the shore. He got up a few feet behind the Horsea and stood up. The waves crashed at his waist as he called out to the Horsea,

Hey, Horsea, turn around and fight!"

The Horsea bobbed its head out of the water and looked around frantically.

"Go, Altaria!” Titus threw a Pokeball into the air. It popped open and out came the blue cloud, dragon Pokemon.

“Altaria, use your Peck attack!” Altaria swooped down from the sky and started jabbing the Horsea with its beak. Horsea was astonished and tried avaiding from the attack, but failed. It turned around and shot out a sharp Water Gun at Altaria.

“Altaria, get out of the way!” Titus yelled, but there was no time for escape. The Water Gun hit its mark right on Altaria.

“Counter it with your Dragon Pulse!” Altaria’s eyes went from pain, to extreme focus as it shot a blunt, mystified beam from its gaping mouth. The Horsea dove underneath the water as the Dragon Pulse hit. Steam lingered over where the attack hit, but no Horsea was to be found. Titus looked around for the missing Horsea until it jumped from the water and shot a beam of blue lightning that froze on contact. Altaria was hit with the Ice Beam and froze into a block of ice. Altaria fell to the ocean with a giant splash. Titus was stunned, he thought to himself, ‘This Horsea is tougher than I thought it was.’ He took out Altaria’s Pokeball and pointed it at Altaria.

“Return, Altaria.” A red beam emerged from the Pokeball and engulfed Altaria, redeeming it back inside. Titus looked over at the Horsea who was panting. It looked completely drained of energy. Titus lightly jeered and sneered as he grabbed an empty Pokeball. He enlarged it, threw it, and gave out a loud war cry as the Pokeball snatched up the little Horsea. The Pokeball gave a frivolous splash as it hit the water. It vibrated back and forth a few times before it was forced open. Out came the enraged Horsea, filled will sarcastic revenge. It pouted and spat black ink on Titus’s face. Titus couldn't see and quickly splashed his face with water around him as he rubbed out the blinding ink. When he opened his eyes the Horsea was nowhere to be found. He aggressively hit the water splashing, but calmed down only to give a big sigh and pick up the empty Pokeball. Soon anger engulfed Titus again and he threw the Pokeball into the outstretched ocean. He yelled out to the sky with the ambition of a warrior,

“Why? Why must you taunt me with these games, curse me with this love, what is this anathema you bestowed upon me Eros? And why you, great Poseidon, grant me just once the luck of capture! Pity me with your grace to obtain a simple Horsea! Just once can something happen to me with goodness and not trickery?” Just then a tower of smoke burst from a rock on the shoreline. The same fiery eyes appeared and out came a tall, gloomy man. He smiled with wicked yellow fangs, glared with searing red eyes, and walked with a long black robe that calmly glided across the rocky shore. A Houndoom walked just the same from the smoky abyss. Its eyes were black as coal, and burned just the same, except its left eye had a scar embedded down to its deathtrap of a mouth. The man looked right at Titus and said lowly and connivingly,

“I can help you with that ordeal.” Titus turned around and simmered down a bit as he asked,

“Who- who are you?” The man’s tone changed to a warmer sound, but still a little deceiving.

“Ah, you know, Hades, Lord of the underworld, mastery of evil, but no need for introductions, they just get in the way. Now as I was saying, I,” Hades pointed with his boney finger to himself as he continued, “can help you.” He took the same finger and put in on Titus’s chest. Titus walked out of the water and onto the shore and said,

“Help me with what?”

“With getting a Horsea, of course!” Hades threw up his hands and drifted over to Titus. He created a man, a woman, and a little seahorse made of smoke, then he animated them to pantomime exactly what he was saying. “I can get you a Horsea, so you can give it to little lovely girl up on the hill and you two can live happily ever after, if,” His voice changed back to the low and evil way it was before, “if you do something for me.”

Titus was now interested in this and wanted more. He thought for a moment, but said,

“What do I have to do?” Hades smiled with grimacing bliss and said,

“All you have to do is go up to a rich land lord, named Kyros, and murder him. He does his business in trade and lives in a small palace up there,” Hades pointed up into the town directly at a little palace, “Oh, and I might add that he does his trade in the art of slaves. I mean, it’s pretty obvious it is slaves; you can hear them every night being tortured and whipped. I even hear rumors that the Red Sea is made from the blood of slaves that work in that house.” Titus was overwhelmed with apoplectic rage and he quickly agreed. Hades smiled and with a flick of his wrist a deluge of flames burst out as a contract paper and black pen appeared floating in front of Titus.

“Just sign here and our deal will be set.” Hades said with false integrity. Titus nodded and signed and then was off. He started running up the beach back to the city to get prepared for that night. Hades stayed on the beach and chuckled ever so softly and said,

“Good luck killing a wealthy man, you little twit. Come on Houndoom let’s go back to the underworld and wait for the souls there.” His Houndoom sneered and growled joyously. Hades opened up the smoky passageway to the underworld and disappeared with his Houndoom as the smoke sizzled out into the open air.

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 01-20-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:57 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Titus

Chapter 3: A Deed is Done

Thunder rolled lowly throughout the clouds in the humid mid-afternoon air foreshadowing a violent storm. Titus quietly crept inside the stone built palace. He now had on an armored chest, and his belt carried a silver dagger. He carefully glanced behind every corner, making sure that no one was there before he dashed silently across rooms until he reached the main garden. There were a few slaves in tattered clothes, finishing up their jobs for that day. They looked tired and had scars on their shoulders and backs from multiple lashes. This made Titus’s lip curl as he became for infatuated with the thought of this land lord dead. Titus was about to go search another room when a wealthy looking man walked in the garden from the opposite corner of Titus. The man wore a linen skirt and shirt, but with gold braces and a gold belt, golden knee length sandals, and a golden laurel that covered his short, black, curling hair. He stood and smiled as he said,

“Alright slaves, it’s too late to work, you’ll have to just finish bright and early in the morning.” The slaves stopped their work and quickly hustled around to put all of the tools back from where they came from. One of the slaves said,

“Yes, master Kyros.” Titus’s eyes brightened as the slaves hurried around. This was it, this was the moment. Titus leaped from behind the corner and shouted,

“You, Kyros, I challenge you to a duel to the death, right here, right now!” Titus grabbed his dagger and pulled it out of its sheath and pointed it right at Kyros. The tip of the dagger glimmered as it had been recently polished by Titus to intimidate his opponent. Kyros was awestricken with this absurdness. He thought Titus was insane, some of the slaves yelped in being startled by Titus, but Titus stood firm, determined to kill Kyros. Kyros turned and grabbed a scythe from one of the gardening shelves and said,

“Alright, I will never turn down a simple quest as to kill a nobody in the middle of my home.” He grabbed two Pokeballs from behind his belt and threw them. “Let’s go, Golem and Nidoking!” The two Pokeballs opened up with bright beams descending to the ground. A giant rock Pokemon appeared next to a humongous purple beast. Titus scoffed at the two monsters that were glaring right at him. He also threw two Pokeballs and said,

“Alright, let’s do it, Altaria and Swampert!” His two Pokeballs unlatched and opened revealing the same blue, cloudy, bird from before, and a large, blue, beast.

Outside there was a tall, stone pillar where Hades was sitting. He watched as he petted his Houndoom, who was lying across his lap.

“Oh this ‘otta be good.” A still silence plagued the enclosed garden as tensions rose. Swampert growled calmly as Nidoking took in slow and heavy breaths. Finally Titus broke the silence by yelling,

“Altaria, use your Dragonbreath!” Not a millisecond past before Kyros also yelled,

“Nidoking, counter it with your Poison Sting attack!” Altaria took in a deep breath and then let out a tremendous array of blue and yellow energy flares as Nidoking released a barrage of shinning pins which collided in midair obliterating each other.

“Keep it up Altaria, now, Swampert, use your Hydro Pump on Nidoking to stop it!” Titus commanded as Swampert shot out a giant pool of water.

“Golem use Protect around you and Nidoking; Nidoking use your Earth Power attack on Swampert!” Golem raised its hands as a multicolored barrier surrounded itself and Nidoking. The Hydro Pump hit the force field, but did nothing. Nidoking roared and stopped on the ground and cracks and crevasses appeared beneath Swampert. Titus reacted quickly and said,

“Swampert get out of the way fast!” Swampert jumped, but not soon enough. The ground erupted randomly around Swampert as it cried out in pain.

“Altaria, use your Parish Song, Swampert do your Earthquake attack!” Altaria started singing a loathsome song painfully as it battered all the Pokemons ear drums. Swampert fought past the song and slammed its giant hands on the fragile ground as it shook violently. The building was obviously not made for this kind of treatment as parts of it started to collapse. Rocks fell from the ceiling and one of them fell right onto Nidoking, flattening it and making it unable to pursue the battle. Altaria's song enhanced the chaos that havocked the battle; some of the slaves were crying out in tears thinking this was the end. Kyros yelled over Altaria and the earthquake as he commanded,

“Golem shut that thing up with Rock Slide!” Golem rammed into the wall of the garden as rocks collapsed on top of Altaria as it screamed in terror. Altaria was buried, past out, beneath the stones. Titus scowled and glared at the Golem.

“Swampert, use Ice Beam on that Golem!” Swampert let out a spray of a light blue beam that hit Golem on its right arm. Golem’s arm and half of the right part of its body was frozen solid. It fell over exhausted and unable to continue the battle.

Titus looked right at Kyros who was stunned by loosing the battle. Titus pointed his dagger again and said,

“Swampert, use you Hydro Pump to clear a pathway to Kyros.” Swampert let out another stream of water as it inundated the garden and slammed the rocks that had fallen from the ceiling onto the back wall. Titus ran across the field with his dagger in hand as he yelled out,

“This is for all the slaves you’ve murdered, you greedy bastard!” Titus dashed toward Kyros as Kyros tried to reason by saying,

“But I-” It was too late. Titus had rammed his sword straight threw the belly of Kyros. Kyros gasped for air, but choked. He hiccupped a pool of blood and fell to his knees. Titus watched Kyros fall as he vaguely saw the blur of a white figure standing in a doorway to his left. He then heard a bloodcurdling screech as he sharply turned. There was Helena, standing with her eyes wide open, mouth a gape, and tears streaming down her face as she shrieked,

“Father!” She rushed over to Kryos’s dying body and held him as he said softly,

“Helena… my… daughter…” His body then became limp and he died. Helena sat there weeping as Titus stood over, watching in horror, stunned in actions. And from outside came a wretched guffaw.

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 01-20-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Titus [PG-13]

Chapter 4: Deceiving

Titus was frozen still, in shock of what he just did. He managed to spit out a few words as he said,

“But… he was a violent slave owner…” Helena sharply turned toward him with a look that would scare the Gods.

“NO, he bought slaves from violent slave owners and gave the slaves a home to be and feel safe at! Kyros was a great man, but you! You’re just a coldhearted, idiotic murderer! I asked for a Horsea that I didn't even want, yea that's right I only told you to get me one so you would leave me alone!” She yelled at him with tear filled eyes and a hateful, raspy voice. The maniacal laughter from outside continued as it echoed in Titus’s ears. His face went from struck with reality, to revenge and instantly turned and ran away from the bloody scene abandoning his fallen Pokemon. He ran outside into the courtyard where Hades sat. Titus screamed up at him,

“You lied to me, you tricked me, and you broke our contract!” Hades pause his laughter for a moment to reply,

“No, I never broke the contract. The contract clearly states,” he flipped his wrist and the contract appeared with a quick puff of smoke and flames, “that, ’You, Titus, must go up to Kyros’s palace and kill him and in return I with give to you, Horsea.’ Now I never broke anything in there now did I?” Hades smiled smugly as maggots crawled through the gaps in his teeth.

“But what about all that talk about how Kyros was a terrible slave owner who beat and killed his slaves every night, and the Red Sea was made from the blood of his slaves?” Titus said, trying to coax Hades out of what he really did. Hades chuckled lightly as he said,

“Oh yea, I lied about that. Well here are your two horses.” Hades snapped and two horse skeletons burst from smoke next to the two of them. Titus looked confused.

“What, horses? No, you were supposed to get me a Horsea.” Titus said getting angrier. Hades sighed and sarcastically looked at Titus as he retorted,

“In the contract the ‘a’ at the end of what you think says 'Horsea' is a little scribbled, but it’s actually an ‘s’. So here are your two horses! Sorry that they’re not fresh, but then again you didn’t ask for live ones. Tough luck kid, that’s what you get from being an idiot chump like you. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go back to the underworld, I have souls, or should I say soul, to deal with.” Hades laughed as he glided away into another smoke portal with his Houndoom fallowing him like his shadow.

Titus progressed slowly down to the beach. He loafed around thinking about what had just happened. The town would be after him pretty soon, he did just kill a very wealthy man and a goodhearted one at that. He looked up at a cliff that hung high above the dangerous sea below. He thought about jumping off of it, to escape this feeling of sunken woe. He could just picture it; he wouldn’t really jump, but instead look up at the heavens, open his arms, and fly. He would fly with the wind humming in his ears, whispering words of solitude as he glided down, soaring to the waters surface. It would humbly grasp his body in a splash of ambition to release his spirit from this chained up body. His soul would be freed and zestfully fly to the corners of the Earth, live in warmth, and grace, and never be seen again.

Suddenly something caught Titus’s eye. He turn and looked at the shore where the Horsea from before was floating. It looked at his blood stained clothes sadly, as if it pitied Titus. Rage flushed throughout Titus’s body and he darted over to the Horsea. He was a few feet away from it as he yelled from the shoreline,

“This is your entire fault! If you would have just stayed in that stupid Pokeball I wouldn’t have been so desperate as to fall for Hades’s tricks and kill a good man!” Titus started throwing pebbles into the water trying to hit the Horsea, but missed most of them. Each time a pebble hit it, or the water the Horsea flinched, but never moved. It even started to well up tears and cry silently as Titus continued, “Helena and I still might’ve had a chance, you would’ve put us together and we would’ve lived in harmony, but no! You had to ruin it with your ink, and your desire to destroy people’s lives, their love, their innocence, their… everything! Go away and fall to your death you inconsiderate, vacuous minded, miniature, worthless, piece of shi*!” Titus ran out of pebbles, but still had the lust to throw something. Out of blind rage he threw a Pokeball at the Horsea, but turned and ran away as he was finished ranting. The Pokeball hit the Horsea and open up, swallowing the Pokemon in a subtle bright beam. It fell as it splashed in the water and began to vibrate side to side. Droplets of rain started to pour down on the city of Troy, thunder grumbled and rolled across the clouds in the evening sky, and Titus ran from the guilt that swallowed his righteousness, heart, and soul.

-Ready for Grading-
Pokemon: Horsea
Characters: 21,882

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 01-20-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Here we are.

Story/Plot: This was interesting. I don’t remember reading any stories set in mythological times before. It was quite a unique idea to invent your own character and thrust him upon some well known characters to create this Pokemon perception of those myths. I found the storyline to be pretty fluid and self-explanatory, which are things to be proud of. I’m aware of the difficulty of taking a clean cut plot from your imagination and putting it in writing without losing key points that tie it together.

I do however, think there are quite a few loose ends in this story. While I realize that there is only so much you can do in a short story, there are certain things that should be more of a priority than others. What I mean is, for example, the large chunks of time you spent writing lengthy battles could have been more efficient had you spent them on creating a more detailed setting or strengthening your main character.

I’m unsure if it was intended, but the feel I got of Titus was that he was just a dimwitted lonely fool, blinded by beauty, and had little importance to this world. How else would someone agree to commit a murder so easily? :P Some background history on him, his demeanor, some sort of explanation as to why and how he was the way he was could have made him much more relatable and easier to understand. These things can all be accomplished very subtly as well. A small paragraph towards the beginning of the story, decisions in the form of thoughts, adjectives or comparisons to describe him, sentences added in to the natural flow of the story to explain his intentions, etc…

I, ironically, was favoring the villain. :P He stood out from the rest as a clever bastard, which I’m sure you were hoping to put him off as. Hah. His words fit his character and gave him life. You also wrote him more descriptions of his evil nature, such as the maggots in his grin...nice.

In short, the only way I could distinguish the personalities of your characters was through their dialogue. And dialogue can be very misleading.

Apart from these things, I found this story to be very enjoyable. I wished there was more of it to read, but enjoyable nonetheless. :P

Grammar/Spelling: I’m not going to spend too much time here, as I find this section to be both annoying to write and annoying to read, especially for someone who doesn’t need it. But, I will point out one thing:

Quote:
“Altaria, use your Dragonbreath!” Not a millisecond past before Kyros also yelled,

“Nidoking, counter it with your Poison Sting attack!”
The last sentence on that first line, should actually be linked with the second line. The was it is formatted makes me think it is Kyros shouting the first command and not the second.

“Altaria, use your Dragonbreath!”

Not a millisecond past before Kyros also yelled, “Nidoking, counter it with your Poison Sting attack!”

To put it simply: dialogue belongs with its descriptions (in most cases). The lines were mixed up in a few places throughout this story which is why I’m bringing this up.

Ah, and I guess I lied, I’m going to point out two things:

Quote:
“Just sign here and our deal will be set.” Hades said with false integrity.
This is actually a very common error. When you follow a piece of dialogue with ‘ {speaker} said ’, that spoken sentence will end in a comma, not a period.

“Just sign here and our deal will be set,” Hades said with false integrity.

This is considered one sentence.

Seems your only errors were speech related, and very minor at that. Overall nice job here. Nothing to be bothered with.

Also, some of the colors were a bit blinding and difficult to read. XD Darker tones are preferred in story posts. :x

Detail/Description: Lots of vivid and juicy descriptions in this story, which is always nice to see. The fact that you made the effort to describe things that would normally be overlooked gives you a lot of brownie points in my eyes. 8) My favorite was actually the very last line of the story:

Quote:
Droplets of rain started to pour down on the city of Troy, thunder grumbled and rolled across the clouds in the evening sky, and Titus ran from the guilt that swallowed his righteousness, heart, and soul.
Awesome writing here, bud. I wish there were more of these, because it was here that I found out that Titus had even felt guilty for what he’d done.

Something that isn’t necessarily a mistake, but something I would like to point is this:

Quote:
As he was running to the shore, a tall, dark, vile figure spurred from the shadows of a nearby merchant shop. Two slender fiery eyes burned menacingly as they seamed to watch Titus run down to the shore. A Houndoom growled lowly behind the pillar of shadows that plotted out its next evil conspiracy. A stomach churning chuckle echoed faintly as the shadow faded into the darkness from where it originated.
In some places throughout this story, like what I’ve quoted here, the descriptions tended to get very wordy. The problem with this is, with so many adjectives you lose sight from what is actually being described. Focus on picking the best words for the situation, or attempt to do your descriptions by different means. Such as giving details through actions.

You’re definitely on the right track, though. Awesome potential. Experimenting is the quickest route to brilliance in my eyes. :P

Length: <insert comment for fine length of story>

Battle: While alone, the fights themselves were well-written and up to standard, they tended to fall awkwardly into the actual story.

The battles seemed to make it a bit choppy, but that may just be me as I was wanting to progress through the story and had to stop mid-plot to read a battle. It may be helpful to you to try different techniques of easing into a battle. Attempt making them more spontaneous, or build them up slowly as opposed to forcing them in. If a battle doesn’t seem to fit in your story, don’t write one. We try to let writers have as much free reign as possible. If the story is well done, having no battle will not matter.

But again, nicely done. Some visuals on the Pokemon themselves could have improved it a bit, but other than that I have little to say here.

Outcome: Sorry if I seemed somewhat harsh. It’s hard to tell how critical I’m sounding when I type these. :P I try to give a good amount of insight to people who enjoy writing.

Anyway, very nice story, and well deserving of the tiny seahorse. Horsea captured! Enjoy and good luck. :]

Last edited by EmBreon; 01-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thanks for the grade Emma, I really appreciate it ;)
Old 02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Zombie Muse Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Chapter 5: Island Of The Forgotten

Only a few hours had past before word got out to the city that Titus was a murderer. The wind howled loudly carrying the sounds of rallying enraged townsfolk. The clouds darkened as night fell upon Troy. Torches lit up the city and metal clashed against other metal, a sign of an angry mob. Titus was laying low in an ally by the port. He clenched his stomach from his shacking nerves and the smell of fish that plagued the air. His eyes scanned swiftly left to right before he crouched down and dashed behind a wooden pole and two barrels. He sat there as a few people strolled by, watching carefully. Every person he saw was an enemy at this point; his paranoia was at its extreme. He needed to get out of Troy as fast as humanly possible and the best way was by boat. Unfortunately Titus did not own a boat, so he was cleverly plotting out his next move to steal one without being noticed. A couple more people ran by with torches, but didn’t notice Titus behind the barrels. He let a few moments go by as the light faded and he peeked above the barrels. The two people were far away from him, and the closest person to him now was about thirty feet away, and was sleeping. Titus took advantage of the moment and leap out and over the barrels. He ran down the boardwalk and jumped into a medium sized, one man fishing boat. He untied the rope and pushed off the dock. Diligently he opened the sails and headed out to the open sea. As he set forth he faintly heard the shouts of people yelling out at him. They would pursue him, but the storm was coming in, and would become a violent mess out at sea.

A few hours had gone by with Titus trying to sail the one man ship. The wind harshly threw the droplets of rain as they fell like bullets. Waves crashed into the boat, tossing it and over scaling it. Titus felt like it was Poseidon’s vengeance over Titus killing Kyros. Titus hurried around the boat, moving the sail to meet and agree with the ever changing direction of the wind. He shook his head every couple of seconds, flicking the water out of his hair, and out of his face. The ocean ominously got flat. Titus heard a low roar coming from behind and whipped around. An enormous wave that seamed to scrape the clouds towered him and then fell. It smashed the boat breaking it into two main pieces, but decimating it into a thousand splinters. Titus was knocked unconscious and was limp to the oceans waves.

A soggy board brushed up against Titus who slept on a shoreline. Storm clouds were far off in the distance and moving away from him, but sounds of the thunder still grumbled its way to where he was. Titus slowly opened his eyes feeling the warm sand beneath him. He rolled over on his back and coughed. He sat up as he started to choke and then salt water and vomit came pouring from his mouth. He looked around and saw only sand, water, and a small jungle. He stood up, but fell to one knee. He was sore and very weak from the storm. He took in a deep breath and stood up completely. A few remnants of the boat he had stolen had washed up against the shore. He rubbed his eyes and looked out to sea. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing but sea, air, and clouds. He turned around and looked at the jungle. A few bushes, a lot of trees, and sand. Nothing. He started walking down the shoreline to get an idea of how big the island was.

He walked around for an hour not seeing anything different until off in the distance he spotted a Wingull. As he got closer there was quiet a few more. He started to make out a large object in the distance covered by the light mist that obscured his vision. He started guessing in his head what it could be, but soon figured out what it was when he saw it looked like a giant rib cage. The Wingull circled in the sky around it, flapping their wings, and squawking out at each other. The object was an old Wailord carcass that had dried up and was now just an enormous skeleton on the beach. Titus got closer. It had to have been there for a while, there was no nasty smell of disease, decaying flesh, or death. The storm could’ve put the wail Pokemon there, it was way too old. Titus was a little disappointed it wasn’t fresh. He could’ve eaten some of it, some fat, muscle, or even skin anything that would quench his hunger. Titus walked over to the jungle and started ripping off leaves to bushes, and picking up leaves off of the ground. He started weaving them together to make a tight rope. He sat the ropes down in-between two ribs and walked back into the jungle. A tree had fallen over, but it was light enough for Titus to drag back to where the ropes were. He walked into the water and grabbed two rocks. Smashing them together Titus had made a sharp edge on one of the rocks and started cutting up the fallen tree. He made four, six feet tall tree parts and walked back into the jungle for more necessities.

A couple weeks have passed and Titus had been living off of coconuts and little fish for too long. He had made a little hut out of the trees he cut up, the leaves, and part of one of the smaller ribs. He hallowed the bone out with one of the various sharp rocks he has obtained. The shelter was small, but able to hold against the wind and rain of a passing storm. Titus had already started making plans for crating a boat and leaving the island. One peaceful afternoon as Titus was out in the ankle deep water, spearing for fish and crabs he noticed a red and white ball floating into shore. It was battered and dented with many scratches and looked like it had gone threw a few typhoons. Titus splashed over and picked it up. He studied it carefully before deciding to open it. He pushed the button and in a bright beam out came a familiar blue seahorse. Titus’s eyes widened as he looked at the creature. It looked just like the one from Troy, except this one was a little bigger, and had spikes. The seahorse Pokemon looked up at him with its angered eyes, realized it was him, and welded up tears. Titus came to the conclusion that it was that same Horsea, but it had evolved into a Seadra. He picked it up out of the water and calmly said,
“It’s alright, don’t cry, hush now hush…” He softly brushed it being careful not to prick himself on one of the poisonous barbs. Titus picked up the fish he killed and walked back to his hut with the Seadra.

The days fallowing Titus spent most of the time cutting up trees, weaving ropes, and breaking the deceased Wailord’s bones in an effort to build a boat. The rest of the time he either went fishing with Seadra, played with it, or slept. Titus felt is Seadra had not appeared on the island he would’ve gone mad with loneliness by now. He felt pushed away from the world, forgotten. He felt shunned from Troy and unwanted by the Gods for they had thrown a storm in his path and set his aside on an uninhabited island. He had no sence of a young, but powerful Goddess was on his side and plotting her next move wisely as another Goddess planned to scheme Titus.

Last edited by Zombie Muse; 02-08-2010 at 12:38 AM.