Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

As I noticed, most of the threads in the sub-forum "Other: School/Work" is for school. I'd say more than 90%, say 93% (give or take 3%). And there are some people asking for help with their homework and such, which would constitute about 14% (give or take 1%) of the 93%, which to make things simple, would be about 13% (give or take 1.5%). In other words, about one in 7 to 9 threads there is about asking for help in homework. (And in case anyone asks, yes, I did my homework on uncertainty.)

Which brings me to my question. Most, if not all, of these threads have few posts, or are totally ignored by others. So, my question: Could a more efficient system be used for those kind of threads? And if so, what system would it be?

I have thought of 3 possible solutions:

1. Make a sticky thread in the sub-forum for such questions.
2. Allow a particular "marking" (or whatever it's called) of threads with such questions, something like what polls have, but a different one, of course.
3. Make a new sub-sub-forum for threads with such questions. (For some reason I've got this feeling that this will be the first solution to be shot down, but whatever. :X)

So? Is it feasible?
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
As I noticed, most of the threads in the sub-forum "Other: School/Work" is for school. I'd say more than 90%, say 93% (give or take 3%). And there are some people asking for help with their homework and such, which would constitute about 14% (give or take 1%) of the 93%, which to make things simple, would be about 13% (give or take 1.5%). In other words, about one in 7 to 9 threads there is about asking for help in homework. (And in case anyone asks, yes, I did my homework on uncertainty.)

Which brings me to my question. Most, if not all, of these threads have few posts, or are totally ignored by others. So, my question: Could a more efficient system be used for those kind of threads? And if so, what system would it be?

I have thought of 3 possible solutions:

1. Make a sticky thread in the sub-forum for such questions.
2. Allow a particular "marking" (or whatever it's called) of threads with such questions, something like what polls have, but a different one, of course.
3. Make a new sub-sub-forum for threads with such questions. (For some reason I've got this feeling that this will be the first solution to be shot down, but whatever. :X)

So? Is it feasible?
I stand behind the sticky option here. I don't think that the creation of a sub-sub-forum is necessary to fulfill small requests for homework help.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-25-2009, 07:47 AM
kokovo's Avatar
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Under the seaaaaaa
Posts: 480
Send a message via MSN to kokovo
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

Yes, I support the stickey option.
__________________
URPG Stats VPP Stats

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

Personally, I think it's fine as is. The board isn't that active anyway. =]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
GallantlyGlaceon's Avatar
GallantlyGlaceon Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: A little place I like to call home.
Posts: 955
Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

I know this may seem a little harsh, but I think there should be a policy outruling these kinds of threads. I kinda second Sarah's suggestion, but isn't it kind of....what's the word I'm looking for.....bad, or really rude, sort of, to put up threads asking for help wih school=work? True, it IS a School/Other/Work sub-forum, but kids shouldn't really ask others for help with homework like that, should they?

Yeah, I'm one of those lame brainiacs who wants to stand by what's right. Forgive me for saying all of the boring stuff above, I just had to put it up.


-Vivi
__________________
Quote:
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng's Avatar
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: What's a "location"?
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
I stand behind the sticky option here. I don't think that the creation of a sub-sub-forum is necessary to fulfill small requests for homework help.
I knew it. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Personally, I think it's fine as is. The board isn't that active anyway. =]
I'd say that having a more efficient system would potentially make that board more active. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantly Vaporeon View Post
I know this may seem a little harsh, but I think there should be a policy outruling these kinds of threads. I kinda second Sarah's suggestion, but isn't it kind of....what's the word I'm looking for.....bad, or really rude, sort of, to put up threads asking for help wih school=work? True, it IS a School/Other/Work sub-forum, but kids shouldn't really ask others for help with homework like that, should they?

Yeah, I'm one of those lame brainiacs who wants to stand by what's right. Forgive me for saying all of the boring stuff above, I just had to put it up.


-Vivi
I believe "lazy" is the word you're looking for. Let them, it's not even against the forum rules, and as far as I know, there's nothing against it anywhere on the forum (for now, at least). (I know sloth is a sin, but... no matter how I see it, it just isn't right to outrule these kind of threads. :X)

And it's the Other: School/Work sub-forum. Copied and pasted from the thread title. :3

And this post of yours is not boring at all. It's still feedback. XP An interesting read, too.


And nobody talks about the second choice. @_@
__________________
What's a "signature"?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com