Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

As I noticed, most of the threads in the sub-forum "Other: School/Work" is for school. I'd say more than 90%, say 93% (give or take 3%). And there are some people asking for help with their homework and such, which would constitute about 14% (give or take 1%) of the 93%, which to make things simple, would be about 13% (give or take 1.5%). In other words, about one in 7 to 9 threads there is about asking for help in homework. (And in case anyone asks, yes, I did my homework on uncertainty.)

Which brings me to my question. Most, if not all, of these threads have few posts, or are totally ignored by others. So, my question: Could a more efficient system be used for those kind of threads? And if so, what system would it be?

I have thought of 3 possible solutions:

1. Make a sticky thread in the sub-forum for such questions.
2. Allow a particular "marking" (or whatever it's called) of threads with such questions, something like what polls have, but a different one, of course.
3. Make a new sub-sub-forum for threads with such questions. (For some reason I've got this feeling that this will be the first solution to be shot down, but whatever. :X)

So? Is it feasible?
Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Requests for help in school homework for Other: School/Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
As I noticed, most of the threads in the sub-forum "Other: School/Work" is for school. I'd say more than 90%, say 93% (give or take 3%). And there are some people asking for help with their homework and such, which would constitute about 14% (give or take 1%) of the 93%, which to make things simple, would be about 13% (give or take 1.5%). In other words, about one in 7 to 9 threads there is about asking for help in homework. (And in case anyone asks, yes, I did my homework on uncertainty.)

Which brings me to my question. Most, if not all, of these threads have few posts, or are totally ignored by others. So, my question: Could a more efficient system be used for those kind of threads? And if so, what system would it be?

I have thought of 3 possible solutions:

1. Make a sticky thread in the sub-forum for such questions.
2. Allow a particular "marking" (or whatever it's called) of threads with such questions, something like what polls have, but a different one, of course.
3. Make a new sub-sub-forum for threads with such questions. (For some reason I've got this feeling that this will be the first solution to be shot down, but whatever. :X)

So? Is it feasible?
I stand behind the sticky option here. I don't think that the creation of a sub-sub-forum is necessary to fulfill small requests for homework help.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:47 AM
kokovo Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to kokovo

Yes, I support the stickey option.

Earth taken from the Voyager 1 as it left our solar system
Old 12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Personally, I think it's fine as is. The board isn't that active anyway. =]
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I know this may seem a little harsh, but I think there should be a policy outruling these kinds of threads. I kinda second Sarah's suggestion, but isn't it kind of....what's the word I'm looking for.....bad, or really rude, sort of, to put up threads asking for help wih school=work? True, it IS a School/Other/Work sub-forum, but kids shouldn't really ask others for help with homework like that, should they?

Yeah, I'm one of those lame brainiacs who wants to stand by what's right. Forgive me for saying all of the boring stuff above, I just had to put it up.

-Vivi
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 12-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
I stand behind the sticky option here. I don't think that the creation of a sub-sub-forum is necessary to fulfill small requests for homework help.
I knew it. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Personally, I think it's fine as is. The board isn't that active anyway. =]
I'd say that having a more efficient system would potentially make that board more active. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantly Vaporeon View Post
I know this may seem a little harsh, but I think there should be a policy outruling these kinds of threads. I kinda second Sarah's suggestion, but isn't it kind of....what's the word I'm looking for.....bad, or really rude, sort of, to put up threads asking for help wih school=work? True, it IS a School/Other/Work sub-forum, but kids shouldn't really ask others for help with homework like that, should they?

Yeah, I'm one of those lame brainiacs who wants to stand by what's right. Forgive me for saying all of the boring stuff above, I just had to put it up.

-Vivi
I believe "lazy" is the word you're looking for. Let them, it's not even against the forum rules, and as far as I know, there's nothing against it anywhere on the forum (for now, at least). (I know sloth is a sin, but... no matter how I see it, it just isn't right to outrule these kind of threads. :X)

And it's the Other: School/Work sub-forum. Copied and pasted from the thread title. :3

And this post of yours is not boring at all. It's still feedback. XP An interesting read, too.

And nobody talks about the second choice. @_@