Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default [DS] [WAR XXX-XX-II+.5] Team RP # - Some Idiot Girl's Wish

Discuss. The Dark Lord orders it.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: [DS] [WAR XXX-XX-II+.5] Team RP # - Some Idiot Girl's Wish

Well, since the Talon Squad is a group of mercenaries WITH ABSOLUTELY NO MORALES, anyone can hire us as long as they outbid the Hoenn gov (or whoever controls me at the moment).

Also, I'm more acquainted with the Serebii Pokearth map, so if I make mistakes, sorry.

Finally, lets get this train wreck a rollin.

Someone, plz bunny the psychopath Jirachi girl until either one: I kill her and use her Eevee fur coat to make myself a nice, cozy hat, or two, somebody signs up as her. It wouldn't be fair to make an instant kill.

Last edited by NES2; 12-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Alright so I'm not on a WAR team yet we have to put our faction on there. What am I supposed to be on there? Can I create one and use it for this RP?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM
NES2 Offline

I don't think so, maybe. I'm a mercenary, so any faction can hire me if they offer John more money.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
I don't think so, maybe. I'm a mercenary, so any faction can hire me if they offer John more money.
Then that's what I'll do then.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

If you're not on a team, then you're just a normal person without a team.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 AM
NES2 Offline

Is anyone gonna post?! Or at least bunny the girl!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

The girl doesn't really matter. She's one of thousands of Evees out there in the world. Finding her is going to be nigh impossible. You have to defeat the Three that's keeping Arceus in a coma so he can fix the world (though you may not know it yet).

Art Gallery
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
NES2 Offline

Exactly my point. John doesn't know that, and neither does the gov. In fact, everyone thinks Arceus is just fine. No one sees the big picture. Besides, I'm sure that we also need to find Jirachi. And John wants vengence. So until he finds out, he is out for Eevee blood.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 AM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
If you're not on a team, then you're just a normal person without a team.
Ok, cool beans. I'll post on the RP when I get the chance to.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Lusitania Offline

Fine, I'll bunny her, if not to stop NES2's incessant whining.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

And now everyone knows why I don't like the parody war.

Guys, the only role that Jackie and Jirachi play in the RP is to explain why everyone is turning into a Pokemon. There's really no point in going after them because trying to find Jackie is like trying to find an Eevee-shaped needle in a haystack of Eevees. Not to mention its pointless, so whatever plans you have to slap/whack/kill her are just a waste of time. Second, even if you find her and Jirachi, there's really nothing that can be done to alter the situation. The whole point of the RP is to devise ways to come up with plan to take down The Three and rescue Arceus while trying to handle the whole becoming a Pokemon problem. At the same time, some kind of solution needs to be found while trying to endure the effects from Darkrai's effects. These are the kinds of obstacles your character needs to overcome, and in order to really enjoy the RP, you need to challenge yourself to prevail against them.

Furthermore, the RP is supposed to be a little funny in a dark, cynical, and sarcastic nature to reflect so much going wrong at once in a really unusual kind of way. Its not a golden opportunity to post junk that really doesn't contribute to the storyline or feel that its okay to do whatever you like regardless of how much it deteriorates the storyline and overall enjoyment of the RP for everyone else. I know, I'm not the RP judge, Lusankya is. I dropped out because I lost the little faith I still had for this whole thing. However, I did write it, and because of that, I do feel in part responsible for how this goes on. Put yourself in Lusankya's shoes, and stop giving him a hard time with meaningless stuff like this. Rob, delete what you have and make a real sign up. NES2, quit trying to screw around with the storyline, and just take things like a normal person would if they were thrown into this kind of situation. Implied comedy works best, but you guys are trying too hard to throw everything into chaos with the expectation that a total mess will be funny in an immature way. We went that route with the last two parody war RPs. They died.

So please, if you really want to see this RP actually work instead of the last two, at least treat it like you really care about how the plot and situation progresses. Because when you have every RPer just hammering in whatever like they've got nothing to lose, yes, the RP will swiftly fall apart. Trust me, it does NOT take very much at all to ruin an RP for everyone. Instead of being the person responsible for that, at least try to be the person that really tries to make the RP enjoyable not only for yourself, but for everyone else as well.

And by the way, a little bird told me this might be the last parody war. Keep that in mind when you decide how you'd like for this parody war RP to conclude.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
NES2 Offline

Wait, THE LAST? But I just noticed it! Whatever. OK, i'll try to shift John's attention over, which will probably happen around the first roll, when the weird stuff happens. now, i probably shouldn't just say, YOU HAVE RECIEVED NEW AGENCY INTEL. Rather, something should probably happen to make everyone realize Darkrai has taken over. Any ideas?
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Kiemain Offline
New Trainer

Someone wanna post anytime soon? This isn't moving at all...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 AM
NES2 Offline

Well, i don't want to waste my posts. Too many and i'll be a magikarp before anyone else joins. It's also kind of boring since EVERYONE IS ON A DIFFERENT CORNER OF THE PLANET. We needed to have a starting "hub" and have everyone branch out from there. Anyways, can someone meet me in Mauville?